WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We're rolling right along in our quest to acquire every photo of a Woot Shirt in the Wild on our Facebook wall, and if you haven't already be sure to submit your own photos so we can show off all our cool friends to those jerks from high school who said we'd never amount to anything. And maybe hook you up with some swag. So if you see your photo below, be sure to email us so we can get in touch!

Slowly but surely, we're dressing the world. Our attempt to find every Woot Shirt in the Wild has gone well, and you can see the full results on our Facebook wall. If you haven't already submitted, please do! We want to see your happy face above our snazzy clothing! Below you'll find a little selection of our faves this week. If you recognize your photo, email the commissioner so we can get in touch. And if you recognize someone else, why not give them a round of applause?

Most Threatening Photo: Wesley Stephanak

Wesley Stephanak is not stealthy
Here Wesley re-enacts an average shirt.woot forums discussion.

Even More Biggest Collection Of Shirts Than Last Week: Kyle Rose

Kyle Rose accepted our challenge, posts 80 shirts
Kyle Rose goes for the record and shows off his 80 shirts! We don't feel like
counting so we'll just take his word on that. The bar has been raised, people!

Best Reference To A TV Show We Haven't Mentioned In A Shirt: Jeremy Ciccone

Jeremy Ciccone proves that bird law may actually be a thing
It's pretty clear who the wildcard his, isn't it?

Best Arrow-To-The-Knee Joke: Allison Hardin('s husband)

Allison Hardin's husband reinacts art
Once a great skiier, now he helps Boy Scouts get their
disability awareness badges. Well done, Bobby Hardin.

Most confusing family photo: Katie Zurovetz

Katie Zurovetz and her family's album cover
So this is why you couldn't make the end-of-school party? Really?

Best Use Of A Shirt.Woot Product That Is Not A Shirt (and our favorite photo of the week): Jen Winslow

Jen Winslow submits this BOSS bag
If she can sew really fast, we might start a new product line!

Congrats to this week's winners! If your photo didn't get picked, worry not! Keep submitting on our Facebook page and you too could witness your face being stared at by strangers you'll never likely meet.

grizzelda2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grizzelda2

No sewing required (WAY TO MUCH WORK)... that not a shirt.woot bag is made with duct tape!!

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw

As the creator, I should state that 4 Shirt.woot bags were harmed in the making of this stylin' fashion accessory. That and several yards of 3 colors of duct tape, one x-acto knife blade, a finger, my sanity, and my bank account in trying to get 4 Monkey Business bags that weren't sealed all funny.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

I probably have 80 shirts.. too bad my order history is unified now so it would take ages to count up the shirt.woot orders

AllyRX7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AllyRX7

Woohoo! Thanks, Shirt.Woot, for picking my hubby's photo! What that man won't do for a little attention...sheesh... :-)

jeannieju

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannieju

Woot, some of your buyers are like, OLDER, as in, 50s! We would buy more shirts if you remembered to make more shirts in brown and in tan, with something other than cartoon characters or video games on them. Why not get REALLY daring, and re-release some of your more sophisticated themes on different colors? Add a medium brown shirt color... a taupe.. a tan. Target the folks with the disposable income, too! thanks.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
jeannieju wrote:Woot, some of your buyers are like, OLDER, as in, 50s! We would buy more shirts if you remembered to make more shirts in brown and in tan, with something other than cartoon characters or video games on them. Why not get REALLY daring, and re-release some of your more sophisticated themes on different colors? Add a medium brown shirt color... a taupe.. a tan. Target the folks with the disposable income, too! thanks.

Last I checked the group with the most disposable income was actually the 16-24 demographic. They dont' have rent, car payment, food, etc. They've got easier access to credit, and less impulse control.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
bounty42 wrote:Last I checked the group with the most disposable income was actually the 16-24 demographic. They dont' have rent, car payment, food, etc. They've got easier access to credit, and less impulse control.

Hard to say ... that group has higher unemployment too.

There's no "one shirt for everyone" here, nor is there a defined age group for any particular design either. If one likes it, cool; if not, check again tomorrow.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bounty42 wrote:Last I checked the group with the most disposable income was actually the 16-24 demographic. They dont' have rent, car payment, food, etc. They've got easier access to credit, and less impulse control.

To be fair, the year I was 16, I didn't eat because my mother and my coach picked on me incessently for being fat at 5'2" and 105 pounds, so I deliberately dropped below 95 and counted the days until I could leave for college. Strange exceptions like that aside, I think it's inaccurate to say that people 16-25 don't pay for food, housing, expenses related to owning a car, etc. I was in college between 16-20, and while I had substantial scholarships, I still had expenses for food/housing/my car. After graduation, those expenses just went up - plus my student loans needed repayment! (I was very fortunate and appreciate every bit of financial aid that I received; my loans were not high, but it was still a fixed monthly expense just like rent, car insurance, and peanut butter.)

Assuming that we're talking about discretionary income instead of disposable income, I found it surprisingly difficult to find a reliable source. Best I was able to come up with: households headed by people under 25 control less than 3% of all discretionary spending in the U.S., while households headed by those over 45 control over half the discretionary income available in the U.S. economy.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
neuropsychosocial wrote:To be fair, the year I was 16, I didn't eat because my mother and my coach picked on me incessently for being fat at 5'2" and 105 pounds, so I deliberately dropped below 95 and counted the days until I could leave for college. Strange exceptions like that aside, I think it's inaccurate to say that people 16-25 don't pay for food, housing, expenses related to owning a car, etc. I was in college between 16-20, and while I had substantial scholarships, I still had expenses for food/housing/my car. After graduation, those expenses just went up - plus my student loans needed repayment! (I was very fortunate and appreciate every bit of financial aid that I received; my loans were not high, but it was still a fixed monthly expense just like rent, car insurance, and peanut butter.)

Assuming that we're talking about discretionary income instead of disposable income, I found it surprisingly difficult to find a reliable source. Best I was able to come up with: households headed by people under 25 control less than 3% of all discretionary spending in the U.S., while households headed by those over 45 control over half the discretionary income available in the U.S. economy.

You're assuming with this that the head of the household drives discresionary spending. Households headed by someone over 45 have 1-3 children aged 16-25 to whom food, shelter, transportation, and utilities are provided by the HoH. Yes this is not always the case, we've all experienced otherwise first or second hand, but we're also outliers. Now those norms (sheep, teenagers, pleebs, What's the Features?-ever) may or may not have a job, they may or may not have daddy's AmEx, may or may not get funding from any of a dozen sources, but they are the ones doing most of our spending. It's why the TV demographic everyone cares about is 18-25, that's where you want your ads.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."