skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

i can has in green?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

skatimmy737 wrote:i can has in green?

You can not haz in green. Sorryz.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

You forgot road marker, but I'm not a cat lover.

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake

I'm a dog person ... so why is it that I'm so drawn to cat shirts?

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I don't see how "The Negotiator" can possibly be seen as negotiating anything. Those are some brutally cute eyes going on there.

Justino6969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Justino6969

What you can't tell is actually those are the 9 stages of the cat's 9 lives

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

I'm thinking Woot is pro-Ninja in this Cagematch of Ninjas vs Pirates. Will tomorrow's daily feature a ninja as well?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

You forgot "Sink/Shower Dweller".

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

D'aaaaw. Missing "bag of cement" when they're on your lap and you have somewhere to be.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

hinaruto33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinaruto33

This is one of those shirt designs that I would love on a poster, but not so much as a shirt. Dear Woot, please start making posters out of every design. Thanks.

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

I tell myself I'm going to spend less, especially on these shirt sites... and then I see this and compulsively order 2. :-P

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

You had me until Stylist...

Couldn't kitty be doing the ultra adorable lick paw and wipe ears with it?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I'm confused. Is this shirt intended to represent a cat's resumé? "Resume" is a verb that means "to begin to do or continue to do something after a pause." "Resumé" is a noun that means a short summary of job qualifications and skills, usually used when applying for jobs. I worked as a career counselor for several years; even in English, "resumé" requires the accent aigu (at least if you want to be hired for a job not of the "want fries with that" variety).

I know it's hard to type accents on American keyboards, but surely it's not that hard to include on a shirt?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:I'm a dog person ... so why is it that I'm so drawn to cat shirts?

For the same reasons that you love bunny shirts and really want to give me one of your copies of UnNinjaI?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Stylist...do we REALLY need to see that orifice?

Might be funny for a picture on a time-wasting website, but not on a shirt. AND it has that orifice....

debbernaut

quality posts: 8 Private Messages debbernaut

why must you keep taking my money? I am fostering nine rescue kittens that need medication and now you manipulate me into buying another shirt. Not fair.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm confused. Is this shirt intended to represent a cat's resumé? "Resume" is a verb that means "to begin to do or continue to do something after a pause." "Resumé" is a noun that means a short summary of job qualifications and skills, usually used when applying for jobs. I worked as a career counselor for several years; even in English, "resumé" requires the accent aigu (at least if you want to be hired for a job not of the "want fries with that" variety).

I know it's hard to type accents on American keyboards, but surely it's not that hard to include on a shirt?

^ this!

that was fun while it lasted!

rekia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekia

I definitely would have bought this shirt if not for the Stylist picture. That one thing prevents me from being comfortable wearing it at work. Ah, it's too bad, all the other pictures are so cute.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rekia wrote:I definitely would have bought this shirt if not for the Stylist picture. That one thing prevents me from being comfortable wearing it at work. Ah, it's too bad, all the other pictures are so cute.

?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom

Adorable. The only thing missing is "Dog Trainer" or "Dog Torturer" depending on point of view!

invertedcross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invertedcross

Looks suspiciously like a Pusheen ripoff.

gcosta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gcosta
neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm confused. Is this shirt intended to represent a cat's resumé? "Resume" is a verb that means "to begin to do or continue to do something after a pause." "Resumé" is a noun that means a short summary of job qualifications and skills, usually used when applying for jobs. I worked as a career counselor for several years; even in English, "resumé" requires the accent aigu (at least if you want to be hired for a job not of the "want fries with that" variety).

Being a cat owner but an English teacher before that, I just won't buy this shirt because of that (not) little mistake.

May I suggest Woot enforce a proper language use policy on the designs submitted? Unless it's part of the joke, I feel like a dork adorning my chest with embarrassing mistakes.

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood

Well, if ya wanna get all technical about it, it is actually résumé. If you are going to accept the alternate spelling of resumé, then you might as well accept the other alternate spelling of resume.

tinsoldiergt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tinsoldiergt

The write-up name and first couple of paragraphs tricked me into thinking I was reading about a really smart mouse devising a diabolical plot to frame the cat. Alas, it was just a fat cat with a quaint name.

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
ThunderThighs wrote:

?

Hey ThunderThighs, methinks this could be the resolution as well for the résumé/resumé/resume quandary!

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

when in doubt, Wikipedia solves all grammar/spelling issues.

stupac2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupac2

Ok guys, seriously, do you read these comments? For the love of god, link the big image from the blog post. Link it somewhere, link it somehow. I yearn for the days when I could click the image and it would become a bigger image. Why did this stop? It would be so easy to add back. Please add it back.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stupac2 wrote:Ok guys, seriously, do you read these comments? For the love of god, link the big image from the blog post. Link it somewhere, link it somehow. I yearn for the days when I could click the image and it would become a bigger image. Why did this stop? It would be so easy to add back. Please add it back.

That would be mighty fine feedback for the Beta Feedback button at the top of the page.

ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: Resume vs Resumé vs Résumé

I've already asked for the correction. I suggest that we go with Merriam-Webster's spelling which is Résumé.

It should be fixed tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, that's just the title on the sale. That doesn't fix the shirt. I'll pass your info on there too though.

UPDATE: after much discussion (a couple emails) and interviewing various cats (no, really!) we've found that while cats are aware of the basic rules of using an apostrophe for possessive nouns, they were completely unaware of accents. Therefore, we feel this shirt accurately reflects a cat's usage of the word 'Resume'.

Keep in mind that we interviewed your standard American domestic cats.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
jblood wrote:Well, if ya wanna get all technical about it, it is actually résumé. If you are going to accept the alternate spelling of resumé, then you might as well accept the other alternate spelling of resume.

^This.^

This was a conscious decision, not a typo. ;P At this point in the english language, I see résumé, resumé, and resume regularly. I figured if Woot thought it was problematic, they would ask for a version with résumé. I've got that. If they want a version with the accents, that's cool by me.

Stylist is here to stay though. It's my favorite! It was actually the doodle that inspired the shirt, from way back in the "Shirt You'd Wear To A Job Interview" derby.

Thanks for the support folks! Super psyched to see this one printed.

natallica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natallica
bpr2 wrote:^ this!

This is why I didn't buy the shirt.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I was able to get through the order process now. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Dyne1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dyne1986

Holy crap, It's a shirt with cats on it. Is proper English seriously a huge factor in this? Show me a cat who knows proper English. Plus, the cat licking himself has a butthole.

sbox84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbox84
natallica wrote:This is why I didn't buy the shirt.

Likewise. I can't look at this error without cringing.

KieranJW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KieranJW

"Resume" in the sense used here is not often used in the UK, so I'm not buying it. Shame really, I have all the other cat shirts ever.

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough
KieranJW wrote:"Resume" in the sense used here is not often used in the UK, so I'm not buying it. Shame really, I have all the other cat shirts ever.

Sorry off topic (cute shirt!)...How come it doesn't show how many shirts are sold for old shirts in the stats? Or am I just missing it.

jonelin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonelin

Error aside, I'm not buying anymore shirt.woots, period. The last one I bought was a women's medium, but they sent me a regular medium. I sent in a support ticket. My mother in law bought me a shirt in women's large (she seems to think my boobs are bigger than they are), and it came in regular large. I sent in another support ticket.

Haven't heard anything back.

Haz two useless shirts. Can haz cheezburger nau?

attikusx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages attikusx

Why can you see it's butthole on the 'stylist' part? o.O;

ThunderThighs

Staff

cmoborough wrote:Sorry off topic (cute shirt!)...How come it doesn't show how many shirts are sold for old shirts in the stats? Or am I just missing it.

You're not missing them but we are. Here's a thread on that very topic with responses from Shirt Staff.