neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
jonelin wrote:Error aside, I'm not buying anymore shirt.woots, period. The last one I bought was a women's medium, but they sent me a regular medium. I sent in a support ticket. My mother in law bought me a shirt in women's large (she seems to think my boobs are bigger than they are), and it came in regular large. I sent in another support ticket.

Haven't heard anything back.

Haz two useless shirts. Can haz cheezburger nau?

No, they almost certainly sent you the new's women's medium. Search for "Anvil" in the "World of shirt.woot" threads and you'll find a few thousand posts discussing the new sizing.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

attikusx wrote:Why can you see it's butthole on the 'stylist' part? o.O;

Because Everyone Poops.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
ThunderThighs wrote:I was able to get through the order process now. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Got it now, thanks!

pdw904

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdw904

Why always with Cats? How many lonely cat people are there out there buying these to fill the soulless, empty voids in their hearts? No more Cat Shirts!

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
pdw904 wrote:Why always with Cats? How many lonely cat people are there out there buying these to fill the soulless, empty voids in their hearts? No more Cat Shirts!

As long as people buy them (and they do, in droves), there will be more cat shirts.

jblood

KieranJW wrote:"Resume" in the sense used here is not often used in the UK, so I'm not buying it. Shame really, I have all the other cat shirts ever.

You were hoping perhaps for curriculum vitae? I can see that, except that CV is not often used in the US. So... whom should the artist ofAfend, since apparently SOMEBODY is going to get upset no matter what...

jblood

fablefire wrote:^This.^

This was a conscious decision, not a typo. ;P At this point in the english language, I see résumé, resumé, and resume regularly. I figured if Woot thought it was problematic, they would ask for a version with résumé. I've got that. If they want a version with the accents, that's cool by me.

Stylist is here to stay though. It's my favorite! It was actually the doodle that inspired the shirt, from way back in the "Shirt You'd Wear To A Job Interview" derby.

Thanks for the support folks! Super psyched to see this one printed.

Hey, no problem fablefire, it doesn't actually bother me at all. Resume is used as often as résumé. I was just pointing out to an earlier poster that if he was going to get upset over the word without the accents, then he should use it with both the accents.

neuropsychosocial

jblood wrote:Well, if ya wanna get all technical about it, it is actually résumé. If you are going to accept the alternate spelling of resumé, then you might as well accept the other alternate spelling of resume.

I'm not being technical, but I was distracted and consequently was sloppy in my post: you're correct that résumé is correct. Thank you for noting my error and posting the correct spelling. It is, however, the correct spelling. Wikipedia, despite what someone else noted, is not reliable source for writing style. Both APA and Chicago require résumé; last I knew, MLA and AP stylebooks also required résumé, but I don't have either in front of me. I can check later if anyone is interested.

I know we have professional editors among the wooters: beyond APA/MLA/Chicago/AP, what other style books would you consider definitive?

neuropsychosocial

jblood wrote:Hey, no problem fablefire, it doesn't actually bother me at all. Resume is used as often as résumé. I was just pointing out to an earlier poster that if he was going to get upset over the word without the accents, then he should use it with both the accents.

And right below this post of yours is my response to you, posted simultaneously as your final multiple post, in which I acknowledge that you were correct and thank you for noting my error. As I said, I am not merely pedantic: if I were, I would point out the error in your post.

jblood

sbox84 wrote:Likewise. I can't look at this error without cringing.

How do you consider that an error? Resume is actually correct... at least in the USA. It is actually the Americanized version of the word (yes, yes, American arrogance and all that, I know, I know...). Truthfully, if you must use the original accent, though, you might as well use both. Résumé is the original, resume is the Americanized version... so where did resumé come from, anyway? It's like a bastardization of the two.

:P

But hey, all three are actually in common usage. Let's not quibble! All in good fun!

jblood

neuropsychosocial wrote:And right below this post of yours is my response to you, in which I acknowledge that you were correct and thank you for noting my error. As I said, I am not merely pedantic: if I were, I would point out the error in your post.

Hey, no problem at all! I'm not actually upset at your comment either. And as I said elsewhere, all three versions are actually in use anyway.

But which error in my post? I'm missing it, please let me know so I can avoid it in the future.

jblood

jblood wrote:Hey, no problem at all! I'm not actually upset at your comment either. And as I said elsewhere, all three versions are actually in use anyway.

But which error in my post? I'm missing it, please let me know so I can avoid it in the future.

EDIT: Unless you mean "if ya wanna..."
Hehehe, just being silly there. And sorry if I said you were upset, you're right, you weren't actually upset, just making a point.

EDIT EDIT: And apparently I hit Reply instead of Edit. I must be tired. Talking to myself and all.
:-)

nords

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nords

Personally I think the big problem with 'resume' is that that the spelling without accents is another more common word. I first read it as a pun about cat paws/pause as the opposite of resume. The accents would have kept me from being more confused than usual.

jblood

nords wrote:Personally I think the big problem with 'resume' is that that the spelling without accents is another more common word. I first read it as a pun about cat paws/pause as the opposite of resume. The accents would have kept me from being more confused than usual.

Excellent point.

IlliniLancelot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IlliniLancelot
stupac2 wrote:Ok guys, seriously, do you read these comments? For the love of god, link the big image from the blog post. Link it somewhere, link it somehow. I yearn for the days when I could click the image and it would become a bigger image. Why did this stop? It would be so easy to add back. Please add it back.

^ This please! Glad I'm not the only one that is going nuts with this.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

The middle one was Schrödinger's muse.

alleymallycat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alleymallycat
aoviss wrote:Stylist...do we REALLY need to see that orifice?

Might be funny for a picture on a time-wasting website, but not on a shirt. AND it has that orifice....

Orifice? It's just its butt.

alleymallycat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alleymallycat
jonelin wrote:Error aside, I'm not buying anymore shirt.woots, period. The last one I bought was a women's medium, but they sent me a regular medium. I sent in a support ticket. My mother in law bought me a shirt in women's large (she seems to think my boobs are bigger than they are), and it came in regular large. I sent in another support ticket.

Can you not wear regular shirts? I mean, it's a shirt. It wears the same as any other shirt. You just put it on. Or does it absolutely, positively HAVE to be a Women's size? Because, really? I'm a woman and have no problem wearing a regular size. Not killing me. -shrug-

mrmessma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmessma

I'm a child... a 24 year old child... B-hole still makes me snicker.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Don't bring a grammar fight to a cat shirt sale.

move along

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63
fablefire wrote:
Stylist is here to stay though. It's my favorite! It was actually the doodle that inspired the shirt, from way back in the "Shirt You'd Wear To A Job Interview" derby.

Thanks for the support folks! Super psyched to see this one printed.

Actually stylist was my favorite pose on this shirt. My cat (black cat though) does the same exact pose all the time while cleaning so I thought it was funny because it's so accurate.

Love this shirt. Congrats!

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

I thought I'd interrupt the grammar-n@zis for a second to let Fable know that I think this is a funny shirt.
Now you can all résumé arguing...

8project6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8project6

This shirt would be amazing if on the back it was 'roadkill'. Completely awesome then would it be :P

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
ThunderThighs wrote:Because Everyone Poops.

And if they don't, they're an android!

(and should be destroyed)

8project6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8project6
stupac2 wrote:Ok guys, seriously, do you read these comments? For the love of god, link the big image from the blog post. Link it somewhere, link it somehow. I yearn for the days when I could click the image and it would become a bigger image. Why did this stop? It would be so easy to add back. Please add it back.

Yes, I have been annoyed by this as many times as I have visited the site. Possibly also in my sleep.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jrs1980 wrote:D'aaaaw. Missing "bag of cement" when they're on your lap and you have somewhere to be.

Or an
Anvil

move along

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

Guys, you can always just click the little icons on the right side of the big image to pick which one you want.

It might be nice to be able to just click the big image like we used to, while adding the new ability to pick the image we want, but we can still get there without needing to go to the blog.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

When a cat's doing the Stylist, I want to grab the lifted paw...

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

ybnormal03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ybnormal03

Is it just me or is the butt hole in "Stylist" the same as the mouth in "Negotiator" XD

BestGirl54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BestGirl54

"First thing's first"? Thing is, ixnay to the apostrophe

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

Check the tag. If the tag has a pale blue woot logo, it's the new woman's shirt blank. If the woot logo is dark blue, it's the new men's blank.

You might want to consider using them as sleep shirts.

ETA - My issue with Woot is that I keep telling myself no new shirts, and then they pull something like this--a cat shirt that's not on black!

lloydcc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydcc
j5 wrote:Don't bring a grammar fight to a cat shirt sale.

^ This

sarianna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarianna

I agree with some of the other folks here--lovely idea, 90% well-executed... but I like accents and I don't like looking at a cat's melancholy baby. Not buying.

Kitzira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kitzira
ThunderThighs wrote:I was able to get through the order process now. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Mine had a server error upon clicking the stupidly large button.. but yet still shows up on my order page.

Also, what happened to typing in the 3 digits on the back of the credit card? Is woot trashing security?

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I keep getting a server error after I select my size and click the "buy now" button.

kawarazu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawarazu
JRRB wrote:I keep getting a server error after I select my size and click the "buy now" button.

Me too. Anyone know a workaround?

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any other questions, feel free to email service@woot.com.

janicedeane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages janicedeane
bpr2 wrote:^ this!

Yup! As a writer by profession, I just can't get this shirt based on that alone.

fickce4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fickce4

This is great! But I have so many shirts... and I'd like it better as a tote.

I demand totes! :D

chrisfromiowa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chrisfromiowa

Abstract art cat clears something up for me.
I never understood this site https://sites.google.com/site/catpukegold/

Iowa, come for the corn, stay for the dead zone creating topsoil, silt, and nitrogen runoff.
The generic avatar kind of looks like me already. Except my knife is bigger, well not longer but thicker. A lot thicker really.