bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
neuropsychosocial wrote:According to the sizing chart, the upper limit across the bust is 28" - and remember, that's the measurement across the front of the shirt, so you'd have 56" across the bust. .

28 is length, not width. :P

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

sbox84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbox84
jonelin wrote:Error aside, I'm not buying anymore shirt.woots, period. The last one I bought was a women's medium, but they sent me a regular medium. I sent in a support ticket. My mother in law bought me a shirt in women's large (she seems to think my boobs are bigger than they are), and it came in regular large. I sent in another support ticket.

Haven't heard anything back.

Haz two useless shirts. Can haz cheezburger nau?

I haz one useless shirt because of the same error. Ordered a women's medium, got a regular medium.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bounty42 wrote:28 is length, not width. :P

Bounty, dear, I'm perfectly capable of reading a sizing chart. The largest measurement across the bust that is available in a woot shirt is 28" with a length of 33".

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

sbox84 wrote:I haz one useless shirt because of the same error. Ordered a women's medium, got a regular medium.

No, you didn't. I'd link you to the relevant threads, but I've already linked to them five times today and that's woot's limit for the number of times that an individual poster can link to the same thread. Mosey on over "World of Woot Shirts" and you'll find about 5,000 posts on this very topic.

Or you could read the reply I posted in this very thread to the wooter whose very post you quote! It was three posts after the post you quote.

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
neuropsychosocial wrote:Bounty, dear, I'm perfectly capable of reading a sizing chart. The largest measurement across the bust that is available in a woot shirt is 28" with a length of 33".

The confusion is that you quoted max width (28") for men's shirts (which is not generally referred to as "bust", hehe) to a woman, and the max LENGTH on the women's chart is 28".
I nearly did the same, but then I figured she probably wasn't interested in men's shirts.

sacole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sacole
grim04 wrote:Actually that's folded in half... I used to wear a medium women's shirt before they changed vendors, but I recently purchased a couple mediums and they are very, very large. They are actually close in size the the men's large shirts that I sleep in, not really comfortable for wearing outside. :\

You should closely review the sizing chart and see what I mean. I bet one of the new sizes will still fit you.

Everyone is right. I was using the measurement wrong. So I will try the wxl and see what happens. If it doesn't fit I am sure I can find a friend that would love to have it.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
sacole wrote:Everyone is right. I was using the measurement wrong. So I will try the wxl and see what happens. If it doesn't fit I am sure I can find a friend that would love to have it.

OR...you could do what I do with old tees...make them something else! Pillows, tote bags, cut the pictures out and turn them into cat toys, I've seen them framed...there are lots of crafty uses for them

jrs1980

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980
jenguin80 wrote:This is so true!
Also, shot in the somewhat dark here... Joy?

It is indeed! I was wondering where the Facebook friending came from!

(We PM'ed each other, but just for those reading who want closure.)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day, 4263, all on imported Anvil blanks.

lonelypond

quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond

My abstract feline artist wanders through pastels. Took him to the vet once because we thought he had a wound that wouldn't heal; it was the cat equivalent of a temporary tattoo (just fyi, in case there's a sequel.)

Darn cute, but no, I am not developing a cute cat shirt habit, darn you shirt.woot and you cat ninjas and box inspectors.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First sale numbers to post
Speed to First Woot:1m 20.886s
First Sucker: kawoomsi
Last Wooter to Woot: jasonrsa
Last Purchase Time:4:59 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 20.223s
Woots Sold: 4263

Second sale numbers to post
Speed to First Woot: 1m 20.886s
Last Wooter to Woot: sadisidhe
Last Purchase Time: 5:04 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 20.226s
Woots Sold: 4269

Third sale numbers to post
Speed to First Woot: 1m 20.886s
Last Wooter to Woot: mmre8285
Last Purchase Time: 5:10 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 20.335s
Woots Sold: 4270

Fourth sale numbers to post
Speed to First Woot:0m 39.556s
First Sucker: dtwn83
Last Wooter to Woot: bbenson1210
Last Purchase Time: 5:12 AM Central Time
Order Pace:0m 40.335s
Woots Sold: 2158

Beginning sale changed (not good)
Sales look reasonable for type of shirt (good?)
Sales @$15 up right away (very good)
Central time still GMT, Zulu or Reykjavik time (not good)
The Reckoning? (do I give up?)
Woots sold halved by fifteen after the hour (very not good)

And the Reckoning just updated CR sales to 4235 which is lower than the first three sale numbers.

For now I will guess that first day sales were 4263

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:Debut day, 4263, all on imported Anvil blanks.
TheGolux wrote:For now I will guess that first day sales were 4263

And the Reckoning is awarding the unpaused cats with
4,245 sales.

Woot, we're laughing, but we're laughing at you, and y'all know that's really not what you want us doing, eh?

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
neuropsychosocial wrote:And the Reckoning is awarding the unpaused cats with
4,245 sales.

Woot, we're laughing, but we're laughing at you, and y'all know that's really not what you want us doing, eh?

For you stats guys:

Order Totals

Sold: 4158
Status Totals
Status Total Orders Total Quantity
Committed 4042 4139
Shipped 116 124

That's what I'm seeing on my chart.

Much thanks to everyone for their support! I'm thrilled at the response, both here and on DA. Holy awesome stats Batman!

...and that poop video that was linked is entertaining and catchy.

k2i3n2g

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k2i3n2g

Dear designer, I am a dog person....but my dog seems to have this cat's personality and hence it's resume. Can I please see this same shirt titled as dog's resume? Sincerely, dog person.

iamchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamchris
fablefire wrote:^This.^

This was a conscious decision, not a typo. ;P At this point in the english language, I see résumé, resumé, and resume regularly. I figured if Woot thought it was problematic, they would ask for a version with résumé. I've got that. If they want a version with the accents, that's cool by me.

Stylist is here to stay though. It's my favorite! It was actually the doodle that inspired the shirt, from way back in the "Shirt You'd Wear To A Job Interview" derby.

Thanks for the support folks! Super psyched to see this one printed.

Yet another person here not buying the shirt because it doesn't say "résumé." It's an important factor to more than a few people, and the misspelling doesn't add anything to the shirt. You had nothing to lose and everything to gain by spelling it properly.

BeefJerky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeefJerky
iamchris wrote:Yet another person here not buying the shirt because it doesn't say "résumé." It's an important factor to more than a few people, and the misspelling doesn't add anything to the shirt. You had nothing to lose and everything to gain by spelling it properly.

I'm going to have to agree as well. As a cat person, I love the shirt, but the spelling is beyond bothersome.

froggermea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froggermea
Dyne1986 wrote:Holy crap, It's a shirt with cats on it. Is proper English seriously a huge factor in this? Show me a cat who knows proper English. Plus, the cat licking himself has a butthole.

The butthole makes it super cute and funny xD

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

Bought two. Very well done. Cat shirts coming back again!

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

ludypoof379

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ludypoof379

I wish this was on a tote... I would totally carry it around as such.

dizzy4fox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizzy4fox

Would love to see this design on a tote or on the back of a sweatshirt someday.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I really like the shirt, but the misspelling of résumé prevents me from being able to buy it. Resume and résumé mean completely different things.

Sokudoningyou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
grim04 wrote:Actually that's folded in half... I used to wear a medium women's shirt before they changed vendors, but I recently purchased a couple mediums and they are very, very large. They are actually close in size the the men's large shirts that I sleep in, not really comfortable for wearing outside. :\

You should closely review the sizing chart and see what I mean. I bet one of the new sizes will still fit you.

At least I know I'm not crazy. I started buying medium because women's small seemed to be shrinking; then I get this in medium and you can't tell me it's a women's cut. Total B.S. It's a square and it's huge. I guess I'm one of the ones who won't be buying Woot shirts anymore either.

recops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recops
ThunderThighs wrote:RE: Resume vs Resumé vs Résumé

I've already asked for the correction. I suggest that we go with Merriam-Webster's spelling which is Résumé.

It should be fixed tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, that's just the title on the sale. That doesn't fix the shirt. I'll pass your info on there too though.

UPDATE: after much discussion (a couple emails) and interviewing various cats (no, really!) we've found that while cats are aware of the basic rules of using an apostrophe for possessive nouns, they were completely unaware of accents. Therefore, we feel this shirt accurately reflects a cat's usage of the word 'Resume'.

Keep in mind that we interviewed your standard American domestic cats.

^ WIN!

supersyd666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersyd666

i think the design would have been better without the words on the top....however it is still really cute ^_^

jeannefromnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannefromnc

ok so look, I don't see people posting Resume requests with the accents. It's kinda a given when you look at the shirt!

These are supposed to be fun loving shirts.

BTW, I went to a sneak preview of Katy Perry's movie a week ago Monday and every single person I passed by giggled and pointed to my shirt! My 6 year old niece couldn't get enough of it! I bought another one and sent it to my dad who loves cats too and takes care of 6 year old niece during the week! He's been hinting at wanting a shirt forever and we've done tons of them to other family so I'm surprising him with this one.

Last week I surprised my sister with the Nightmeow on Elm Street and she absolutely loved it! we grew up watching all the movies so I thought she'd appreciate it as much as I do!

For those complaining and saying they were going to buy but won't due to the accent, are you people that have submitted shirts for the derby etc.? my guess is 98% haven't so don't knock it til you enter your own!

havockitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages havockitten

commented on your DA as well, FableFire, but I'm curious as to whether or not there will ever be other versions of this shirt? I'd be more than happy to order a version of just the Box Inspector <3 It's kind of an inside joke amongst my friends and family, and would be even funnier than the regular shirt (to us anyway) <3

bluejay329

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluejay329

I like it. I would want one in poster form if it weren't for my habit of buying a poster and forgetting to put it up.

dondon3971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dondon3971
jrs1980 wrote:D'aaaaw. Missing "bag of cement" when they're on your lap and you have somewhere to be.

Lol, But I think they only want cats in the picture... Well DUH

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny
( 0.o) into your signature and help him
( >< ) on his way to world domination!

Halowhore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halowhore

Can I get the T-shirt sent to Australia,,,

Please?