wlknlight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wlknlight
Re: Dedication (RESUB)

I think the biggest problem is the book cover still. That is a totally recognizable character. The toys around him are probably generic enough (I'm not a Woof person so I am guessing) though the squid might be so-so on the character line. Commenting because I really want a set of these for my boys. I'll watch and vote for any resubs. Maybe you can get one of the honorable mentions even if there is not enough time to reach the fog. I can hope.

goingoffthedeepend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goingoffthedeepend
Re: Tale of a Huntress

Love this, II hope you get enough votes to go to print, if not, please submit it elsewhere!

sucker2113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sucker2113
Re: Slow Reader

I REALLY like this design! But then again, I'm kind of a book worm..er..slug?...myself. I totally see myself in this! :D Also, I love wearing green!

If this shirt makes it to the finish line, even in 3rd place, I'm TOTALLY buying one! Exclamation Points!!

sucker2113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sucker2113
sucker2113 wrote: By slug, I meant snail, Ha!

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper
wlknlight wrote:I think the biggest problem is the book cover still. That is a totally recognizable character. The toys around him are probably generic enough (I'm not a Woof person so I am guessing) though the squid might be so-so on the character line. Commenting because I really want a set of these for my boys. I'll watch and vote for any resubs. Maybe you can get one of the honorable mentions even if there is not enough time to reach the fog. I can hope.

Thanks for the support, the m was easy to change so i just did that quick and hoped for the best, but considering its already too late in the contest to really stand a chance, I'm not willing to put too much more into changing the more detailed aspects this one, just going to learn my lesson and move on lol

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 59 Private Messages Thirdbase9
orabbit wrote:I first realized this when I got my parents to rent Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the age of 8 or 9. The book was amazing (at least that's how I remember it), so I couldn't understand why Moby Van Dyke was jumping around and singing like that. Some truths are learned early.

He was doing that because Moby was drunk off his ass.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 59 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Rendezvous with Awesome

Unfortunately no one is going to recognize this one.

I don't know.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Vengeance is Coming!

truffleshuffle... if this is any indication of a spoiler... in the future i plan on voting for every shirt in every future derby (including the worst shirts) excluding your designs. Also, nice art work.

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: Let your imagination run wild

I'm so sad this has been rejected; this was by far the best entry and is my favorite I've seen on woot. I was planning on getting one for me and also a kid's size for when we start having rugrats of our own.

It is beautifully done and a great tribute to Maurice Sendak.

ste7enl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Lose Yourself

Wow, fogged, never expected to make it this time. Thanks again and again everyone (even though I probably still have little chance).

DDock3287

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DDock3287
Golddess wrote:More or less. There was an episode where Rainbow Dash got hooked on reading, and the pony on this shirt is the pony from that book. And that pony was kind of Indiana Jones-y / Tomb Raider-y.

Man I was hoping someone would make a Daring Do shirt for this derby. <3

David A Dachenhaus

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem
Re: cloud

I assume the point is that the sun is shocked to realize that what he/she thought was a cloud is actually a sheep out for a balloon ride.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Whispers of Adventure

This is even better than I'd expected. I absolutely love the vapor continents wafting out the window, and the overall composition looking, well, dragon-like or, at least, some kind of flying creature-ish. Very well done!

pahkmycah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pahkmycah

I will be destroyed if this shirt does not print.

numbsoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numbsoul
Re: Drizzt and Guen

Hey, pepeman, Awesome Work, Congrats, I really, really love the drizzt series an d the K&H too!!!

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem
Re: criminal

Could this be referring to Alexander?

http://mywaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2008/12/alexander.html

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

lexiek13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexiek13

Every bibliophile needs one!

Re: Paraphrased

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
orabbit wrote:Since I messed up the comp on the last one, I decided to resub yet again. This time, just the basic message, which I think stands alone. Sorry for being so indecisive.

You should put the stroke on the outside of the letterform. It looks like it's centered over the edge of the letterform. It makes the thinner parts of the characters too thin.

GMV anyway :P

mposten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mposten

I own over 300 Pez and I would love to buy this shirt.

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82

Gooooo resub go!!! I really want to buy this..

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
CVBrennan wrote:truffleshuffle... if this is any indication of a spoiler... in the future i plan on voting for every shirt in every future derby (including the worst shirts) excluding your designs. Also, nice art work.

Haha, don't worry. You'll get no spoilers from me or this design;)

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

I hope this doesn't get booted, it's the only one I've seen that I'd actually buy.

dollyreilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollyreilly

What inspired me is my own collection of over 400. However, I don't think everyone gets the humor outta this one as much as pezheads

dollyreilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollyreilly
Re: Disgruntled Pez

For all the pezheads out there and those who enjoy cute humor, vote for this one!

arthurpwiggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arthurpwiggle
Re: Too long; didn't read.

I don't get it.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Thirdbase9 wrote:Unfortunately no one is going to recognize this one.

You're right. I little explanation would be nice. I think I would like to read this book and you might get more votes with an explanation.

etanlawok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etanlawok

Like this a lot.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Virgin Snow

I don't know this character or book but I love your design. GMV

artbymollie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbymollie

beautiful art I want to get this for my Boyfriend soo badly this is a gorgeous shirt!

Re: Virgin Snow

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl
Re: The Big Book Of Magic

Love this! Glad to see a HP shirt show up this derby!

orabbit

quality posts: 28 Private Messages orabbit
MicronXD wrote:You should put the stroke on the outside of the letterform. It looks like it's centered over the edge of the letterform. It makes the thinner parts of the characters too thin.

GMV anyway :P

Actually, it is on the outside. It's just an extreme Didone style face. Thanks for the vote!

dhsailboat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhsailboat
Re: Little Red Fighting Hood

very nice! love your designs!

zerisama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zerisama

No wolf is safe when Little Red Fighting Hood goes through the forest on the way to Granny's house.

queenmob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages queenmob

Walmazan, you are rocking the house once more. THIS IS AWESOME!!!

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

toitle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toitle

absolutely brilliant, as always! you continue to be one of my favorite artists here.

kahlusha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahlusha

I love that she is both adorable and badass! Also love the wolfy ears and a million other things!! I hope to see this print!!

lisadanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisadanger

My favorite! I hope you win!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Thirdbase9 wrote:Unfortunately no one is going to recognize this one.

Fans of older SF books will. I got it right off--but then I'm a sci-fi-lit geek who's older than the book in question.

christyvaught

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christyvaught

fatalwing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatalwing

This is cute beyond limits. Certified BAMF status hah. Would really love to see this print.