nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
Re: Crossing the Rough Sea of Knowledge

thanks guys! glad this one's fogging!

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
Re: Lost in Ancient Times

Here's the High Res version for your viewing pleasure.

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85

Excellent design and very creative, it'll be a travesty if it doesn't win the derby.

ryuteki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryuteki

That's pretty awesomely done, and my wife loves it.

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff
Re: Still Missing.

My favorite!

zoetropical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoetropical
Re: Still Missing.

Glennz already did this a long time ago. Sorry, it'll probably get rejected.

dilberto15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilberto15
Re: Crossing the Rough Sea of Knowledge

Shirts just don't get much better than this, fantastic!

fatdragon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fatdragon
Re: Swept Away

If that's the skyship Inconvenience I'm definitely in for one if/when it prints.

Rooker156

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rooker156

It looks really good. Great job.

shirts galore....

fatdragon

Re: Books

It should show people doing other things with books, like propping up table legs, pressing flowers, using the pages for TP, etc.

As it is, I don't really see anything special here...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Let your imagination run wild

How is this anything but blatantly stealing an author's characters -- textual and artistic -- and putting them on a shirt at a rather opportune time?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Now What Does He Want?!

This looks very neat, but I'm obviously missing something with regard to the theme.

xander800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xander800
Re: Gosh-darned ruby slippers just can't seem to get it right.Still Not In Kansas

fatdragon

Re: The Places You Can Go

Cute Seuss-inspired design - I love truffula trees and definitely want a thneed - but the design unfortunately lacks zing overall. Wish I could give it a vote...

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Read "Harrison Bergeron" and it will make sense. It's a quick read but you will get lost in it.

I've read it and I get the title (Mind Control), but not totally sure how the design is related (especially the EKG tracings)..

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
truffleshuffle wrote:I get really emotionally involved in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and whenever a Stark suffers I kinda want George R.R. Martin to suffer for it too.

I agree with the sentiment 100%.

talkaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talkaze
plainyoghurt wrote:This looks very neat, but I'm obviously missing something with regard to the theme.

Has to do with...

Give the mouse a cookie, and he'll want a glass of milk. Then he just keeps asking for other stuff, and it ends with another cookie. (I think) He's considering asking for a car now, I suppose.

talkaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talkaze

Tried to reply...went to wrong place. Ahem.

It's the book that goes "Give a mouse a cookie, and he'll want a glass of milk." Something like that. Give the mouse a glass of milk and... well, he tends to want other stuff.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
fishman396 wrote:I've read it and I get the title (Mind Control), but not totally sure how the design is related (especially the EKG tracings)..

The intentions were to draw an artistic rendering of an EEG, not EKG. They are brain waves.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
Re: Unplugged

I don't see how this fits the derby requirements...So this week we want to see what happens to you when you're lost in a book. Maybe you're carried away to far off lands, maybe you're distracted from the task at hand, or maybe you're just conked out on the couch with a book covering your face.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
Re: The Pen Is Mightier

I don't see how this fits the derby requirements...So this week we want to see what happens to you when you're lost in a book. Maybe you're carried away to far off lands, maybe you're distracted from the task at hand, or maybe you're just conked out on the couch with a book covering your face.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: An Unexpected Journey

Wo. Just - Wow. The synergy of the two highlight colors is impressive.

paigeg

Re: Virgin Snow

Mine! I need more kdeuce shirts, and this is spot-on.

paigeg

aerc712 wrote:An issue the folks with the Game of Thrones show are quite familiar with ;)

If you're only going by the show, you don't know the half of it!
WB Truffle! This is frickin' awesome - and I feel the same way!

paigeg

Re: A Little of the Old Ultraviolence

I hope this isn't a doctored photo, because I really enjoy the reference - I get a nice, warm vibratey feeling all through my guttiwuts!

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
newnie wrote:I don't see how this fits the derby requirements...So this week we want to see what happens to you when you're lost in a book. Maybe you're carried away to far off lands, maybe you're distracted from the task at hand, or maybe you're just conked out on the couch with a book covering your face.

I think it fits well, actually. The tv is so engrossed in his book that he actually uplugs himself, taking him away from his actual function or, task at hand. Or, you could take it as a larger commentary on how a good book still has the power to actually make us disconnect from all the modern trappings of technology. Or, you could see none of these things and that's fine too! It's a tv! He's reading!

eppppiiiic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eppppiiiic
sanickers wrote:Well Parrotworks,
Once again you have dazzled the world with you unparallelled art. But the true highlight of this shirty, apart from the clever nomenclature, is the text font. Where did you get your font artist? Certainly not a dull, brown, bookish type?
Best wishes on winning!
~Your Secret Shirtless Admirer

Well, if you're talking about the font at the bottom of the shirt, then you can see it's most likely handwritten. If you compare the letters on the shirt, you can see that all of the E's look slightly different. You can see it more clearly on the two O's.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
sombrillo wrote:This made me laugh out loud! GMV!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it.

WootFlair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages WootFlair
Re: E-Reading Rainbowwww!!

Kindle in the skyyyyyy.

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno
Re: An Unexpected Journey

Thanks a ton for all the love so far! you guys rock!

felixjames1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixjames1

"Take a look, its in a Nook, E-Reading Rainbowww...."

WootFlair wrote:Kindle in the skyyyyyy.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:Man, I find your style to be distinctive and refreshing. Please consider submitting some things to a site that will give it proper appreciation (i.e.a print).

Thank you! You flatter me, sir. This is actually a slightly modified Goodjoe entry. I've been submitting some thing to them when my real world job lets me.

felixjames1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixjames1

I should have added 8 bit butterflies to the design ha! Levar helped me read!

seaturtle wrote:This design kicks @$$! I love the memories growing up with Levar and the Rainbow and it's about time to have these butterflies in the sky join the 21st century!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Cthulhu Can't Sleep

Cool design. I wish it was getting more love.

move along

wolf0phl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolf0phl

See, Mario did learn about plumbing, and apparently it has something to do with battling magikoopa

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: criminal

I love the zebra, the colors and the design but I don't think I get it. Am I missing something here?

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

I wasn't seeing it and I read that book to my kids at work all the time. So silly.

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf
Re: criminal

Cute and well-colored, but the design feels too literal to me.

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen!!!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

So great!! I love the texture effects you've created!:D