rarson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rarson
colinlepper wrote:Haha, sure a lot of us wouldn't imagine a how-to book being a book we get lost in, but the whole idea behind this design, as I tried to convey through the title and the smaller details, is here is a kid whose staying inside on a nice day, ignoring all these toys that most would love to play with, all to keep learning about his passion. He's dedicated, he reads that book day in and day out.

I like your explanation, and I sympathize with it completely. I get lost in reading all sorts of technical information. I can't help myself sometimes, I just love soaking up knowledge.

The funny thing is though, when I read others questioning it and before I read your explanation, I actually thought of literally getting lost in a book. Like when you're trying to work on something you don't know a whole lot about yet, and you've got a big book of information that you're trying to navigate through, simultaneously trying to learn how to use the book AND learn how to fix the thing you're working on. I've gotten lost in this manner countless times. Everybody's gotta start somewhere.

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
dougjenn1980 wrote:I'm missing the link to the theme. Nice design though.

The link is that this was inspired by the Hunger Games 'books' and having gotten 'lost in a good book' like that and had random ideas about the Jabberjay creatures in it and how they delivered information to Panem from the Districts I came up with this idea based on them delivering stuff, but as a courier service :-D

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
chaoswerecat wrote:I like it, but I think it would do better on a different t-shirt colour.

I agree. The design is spot on but the colors don't really seem to work with the baby blue.

lavothas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavothas

Take a look, It's in a Nook.

ewok812

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewok812
Re: criminal

Ridiculously Clever!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
margiecakes wrote:... Also, completely illogical. Why don't they just go buy AA blanks for half the price?

I didn't know you could get AA blanks anywhere for $5. (Can I buy the design for half the price somewhere else, too?)

terceralegion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terceralegion
Re: An Inevitable Fate (No words version)

hahaha i feel the same haha

cimicata

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cimicata
Re: The Joy of Genre

I love the throwback illustration look. I would love to see it on a yellow shirt similar to this http://shirt.woot.com/offers/wild-anatomy

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman

Thank You!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Italian Night

Thanks for all the support everyone!

lucky1988

Re: An Inevitable Fate (No words version)

Looks like a winner! Love the shading and highlights!

lucky1988

Re: Dedication

Awesome work!

lucky1988

Re: Little Red Fighting Hood

Great character as always! +1

lucky1988

Re: An Unexpected Journey

fantastic stuff!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
wendooku wrote:Everything about this is awesome.

Thanks, I realized I screwed up the detail image, obviously uploaded the full size twice, but oh well.

hermanicdisorder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hermanicdisorder
Re: Guilty Pleasure

i am sooo in love with this shirt!!! i hope we get the chance to buy one!!!

dwriggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwriggy
Re: The Joy of Genre

Beautiful, colorful, and exciting!

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
cuzwhynot wrote:Anyone else have that perfect spot to read for hours when they were a kid?

I have that spot now. Moreso than when I was a kid. Also, I really dig that texture you've got working for the shadows and highlights.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
Re: Snake!

I don't get it. Is that an Indiana Jones MLP? I don't understand this one at all.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

highlander42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highlander42
Re: Let your imagination run wild

I find the art work on this absolutely beautiful. Definately in my top 3 want to buy list.

sscurrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sscurrin
Re: Scary Story (resub!)

"And no one knew where he was! Every time they looked for him, he was not there, though if they stopped searching, they could hear his mews of desperation...."

I really want this to go with my Settler Cats...

Ochopika, you are the Kitten Driver!

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
Re: The Places You Can Go

I like the twist on "Oh the Places You'll Go"! As a teacher and avid advocate for reading, this is perfect! Very cute!

bbceno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbceno
Re: Scary Story (resub!)

Cute idea, but the cat faces are a bit off.. Just.. kind of odd looking to me. :[

angelcat00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelcat00
Re: Swept Away

Please make this one a poster, Woot! I don't know if I'd wear it as a shirt, but I would really like a nice big clean print to hang on my wall

idealli7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idealli7

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Pet Sematary

Make sure to visit those who've pasted before you.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
sbee619 wrote:Anyone else (females especially) find it ...inconvenient to wear so much text? Like...people staring hard at your chest with quizzical looks?

Yes. Awkward. Even more so if they try to walk around to get a better view on something that is curving off to the side.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Torokrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torokrj

I can't believe this isn't doing better

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
j5 wrote:Not sure about that, but the concept isn't all that fresh.
Google Image

Though much more aesthetically pleasing....

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer
neuropsychosocial wrote:Slightly mixed feelings: I really, really love this design; I'd absolutely buy it and I'd wear it with glee. However, it doesn't seem to fit the theme of this Derby... So you get my vote, Colin, and I'll buy it if it prints, but you also get a tiny slap on the wrist via comment.

I think this a very good example of what this derby is looking for! Here a child Mario is getting lost in a book that is likely a hobby. While reading, he starts to daydream about what it would be like when he's all grown up...naturally, the items he is most familiar with (his toys) come along for the ride. And, thus, all the video games we have enjoyed are really just a daydream in the mind of an absorbed child.

Nicely done...

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Dedication

Great tee! +1

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: criminal

I agree it's cute, but how does this have anything to do with the derby theme?

keel620

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keel620
Re: Now What Does He Want?!

I read that book (at least once a day) to my kid. I also love that he's dreaming of an Enzo. I know I'm dreaming of an Enzo.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Sitting here at my desk at work wearing Red Revenge as I see this shirt...so obviously, I will be voting for it! I am quite a fan of the hardcore LRRH ideas!! +1

Re: Little Red Fighting Hood

keel620

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keel620

I read that book (AT LEAST once a day) to my kid. I also love that he's dreaming of an Enzo. Some of us still dream of having an Enzo.

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino
Re: Italian Night

Hahaha, awesome work!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino

Absolutely amazing, and chock full of incredible details. Good luck!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

syntheticjesso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syntheticjesso
Re: Lose Yourself

I REALLY want this on a tote.

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno

thanks a ton everyone! :D

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Re: Plot Twist

And for designing the first shirt to make me audibly laugh out loud, you sir (or madam), get an upvote!