Wait... is this a kissing shirt?

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Are there woots ahead?
If there are, we all be dead!

Insert signature here.

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed
theCan wrote:This shirt is inconceivably awful.

This is why the derby should decide, sometimes the editor makes awful choices, like today.

jasonelvis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jasonelvis

Does anybody want a peanut?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
WootBot wrote:We call this color: as black as [INSERT PUN REFERRING TO MOVIE]
sdkammer wrote:We call this color: As black as the sea after a storm.
jorta wrote:We call this color: As black as a holocaust cloak
MWPollard wrote:We call this color: as black as a thousand midnights. Under a full moon.

protip: It's silver.

We call this color: As Silver as a polished
Anvil.

move along

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

We call this color: as black as a thousand midnights. Under a full moon.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

ronnysrv

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ronnysrv

NO MORE Rhymes now, I MEAN IT!!

jasonelvis wrote:Does anybody want a peanut?

DAAHH!

psychopoisson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psychopoisson

I had the absolute hardest time trying to figure this out. The real problem is not the joke but the fact that not all of the figures are obviously the letter they stand for. Having all the symbols on the same line would have helped to make it more legible (perhaps?)

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

Guhhh I said no more light gray shirts but TPB transcends all self-made rules. In for one.

contact2918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contact2918
fatdragon wrote:
Incidentally, I thought most people burned out on this movie about a decade ago. Or is it a hipster thing to revive burned-out childhood classics? If so, I gotta get a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure shirt design together STAT! (or would it be cooler to go Bogus Journey because that one wasn't as good?)

Well, they are working on Bill & Ted 3...

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/03/06/bill-and-ted-3_n_1324742.html

spockzombie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spockzombie

What a big piece of garbage this shirt is. I would rather wear a shirt that says "This shirt is a big piece of garbage." than wear this shirt.

badgermaniac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badgermaniac

This shirt rocks!

Really wish they had the "click to view the whole shirt" thing still going, though... I couldn't read the text or see detail on some of the more recent shirts. :-(

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

It's inconceivable that this is only available in the one nasty gray color. Otherwise I'd be in for 3.

schnelk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schnelk

Ahhh, a noble cause. This shirt is my true love.

gohogsgoinar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gohogsgoinar
Mikeymadness wrote:Great shirt!

I just want to know why the left pic on the closeup of the deal is sneakily giving me the bird? Did shirt woot! miss that? Inconceivable!

It's the peace sign given by the six fingered man, silly

baronz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages baronz

damn you all! There are like 20 hilarious responses in this thread and I can't upvote any of you! We should cross-post this over into deals so I can vote up your great comments.

Btw - the wallet sound, and the shortage of perfect shirts comments both get extra props for making me laugh out loud at my cube. You people are making me look like a blubbering Jab-jab-jab-Jabberjaw at work!

Heck with it -- I cross-posted:
http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/a8a8649c-b5a9-4e5e-ae5f-c996beb8f399/is-the-woot-digest-giving-me-the-finger

pitamuffin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pitamuffin
orabbit wrote:This movie is a true classic. A lot of people who grew up watching it are showing it to their children now (including me). It has transcended faddishness. Also, it's one of the few examples where the movie is as good as the book!

Not only have we shown it to our children, but my son's Language Arts teacher in Middle School showed it to the 7th grade class. Not just as a "let's have a lazy day and watch a movie" thing, but to study, critique and be tested on. There's so much to the movie -- it's definitely a classic.

And "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" a classic? Inconceivable!

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

William Goldman.

Marathon Man
Magic
Control
Heat

Some of the best fiction ever written.

In my opinion, and I've been saying it for years, Princess Bride is the only movie that was better than the book.

dee4077

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dee4077

Love it!!!! Was hoping this would make it through the second chance derby. Thanks for making it an editor's pick :-)

danlock7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlock7
greenleaf44 wrote:And the eel looks like it's yelling SHREK!

It's a good thing that shrieking eels don't shrek, and also that the SHRIEK! is indeed a shriek. I'm not claiming the I is not difficult to make out from a distance, but it fits the font ;) That was a fairly pointless way for me to point out the pointedly obvious. Back to studying land wars in Asia, I guess.

.sig

cheph57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheph57

So did you think this shirt would win the Derby?

"It would take a miracle"

cheph57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheph57

So did you think this shirt would win the Derby?

"Inconceivable"

adamf663

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamf663

all the characters are easily identifiable, except the "V". What's that a reference to?

adamf663

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamf663
adamf663 wrote:all the characters are easily identifiable, except the "V". What's that a reference to?

Never mind! It's the six fingered man!

TheDogma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheDogma

Anyone else notice how the hand has six fingers?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
TheDogma wrote:Anyone else notice how the hand has six fingers?

nope, nobody has.

move along

anoldcripple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anoldcripple
j5 wrote:nope, nobody has.

absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable

powelljennifer9524

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524
TheDogma wrote:Anyone else notice how the hand has six fingers?

it has 6 fingers 'caz in the movie the princess bride on of the charaters has 6 fingers on his right hand.

albatrosspilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albatrosspilot

Does that hand have six fingers?!?!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats lucky!:D:D:D

raybonzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raybonzz

Awesome!!!! In for one.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

A "high six" and big thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it!

Cheers Nathan, Spirit and Wirdou!

zerogun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerogun
fatdragon wrote:As I scanned the shirt to identify the references, I balked at that one and told myself, "There's something wrong with that hand - what a rookie illustrator mistake!"

Then I facepalmed so hard I blacked out.

Incidentally, I thought most people burned out on this movie about a decade ago. Or is it a hipster thing to revive burned-out childhood classics? If so, I gotta get a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure shirt design together STAT! (or would it be cooler to go Bogus Journey because that one wasn't as good?)

Actually I've already seen a few Bill and Ted shirts up for sale, last week actually.

dbmpsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbmpsd

This goes with the Poison shirt Woot offered a year ago. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/poison

Also making for a fitting shirt to join the 100 or more Woot's rank and get my black square. Never thought it would happen, Inconceivable. I'm not left-handed either.

dicksondkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dicksondkd
badgermaniac wrote:This shirt rocks!

Really wish they had the "click to view the whole shirt" thing still going, though... I couldn't read the text or see detail on some of the more recent shirts. :-(

Go to the details page and look to the right of the image. There's a thumbnail of the image which you can click to get a full view of the design!

fatdragon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fatdragon
dbmpsd wrote:This goes with the Poison shirt Woot offered a year ago. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/poison

Also making for a fitting shirt to join the 100 or more Woot's rank and get my black square. Never thought it would happen, Inconceivable. I'm not left-handed either.

I almost bought that one because of the 8-bit adventure game resemblance, but I couldn't handle the Princess Bride reference. It's just too burnt-out for me. I watched it too many times over the course of a few years and now I just groan when I see anything to do with it.

Now, a Warriors shirt...

Now there ain't but twenty-thousand police in the whole town! Can you dig it? CAN you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?"

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 9.005s
First Sucker: werdwerdus
Last Wooter to Woot: kdoliver
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace: 0m 43.116s
Woots Sold: 2235

First day sales - 2235

withbothfeet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages withbothfeet

I actually laughed out loud. Bravo, Dasknave!

dasknave wrote:That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My wallet makes that sound tonight.

bowlingtraindude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bowlingtraindude
jorta wrote:OK I have to try:

Don't wear this shirt: When fighting ROUS's

They don't exist.

mcorsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcorsen

Got the shirt. The weight of the cloth is really light and the collar rubs on the front of my neck. Nice design, but could you print it on a better shirt?