citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
isrami77 wrote:I've never purchased a shirt from Woot and absolutely love this one. Does anyone know if these shirts run big or are they true to size?

Depends if you're male or female. The men's sizes run pretty true. The women's... well, you'll have to take a look at some of the community threads to figure out what size to get, I don't want to begin to explain here.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
fatdragon wrote:One of us doesn't understand something here.

Since this is today's shirt, I'm assuming you don't already have it in your hands. What do you know about its screenprinting issues, then?

The "pixelated" quality you're referring to (though I'm not sure if that's really the word you're looking for) is an artistic decision from the artist. It serves the dual purpose of allowing more apparent color variation with a limited number of inks (much like MS Paint ala Windows 3.1, or any color printer for that matter), as well as creating an artistic efect that many people find desirable.

To expand on this, the "pixelation" is known as halftoning, and as noted above allows for more (apparent) color variation than six colors would normally provide. Patrick, the artist of this shirt, happens to have powerful halftone-fu, btw.

tamsoony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamsoony

When ever I see air ships it makes me think of two MMO's I've played haha.

This is a beautiful shirt.

rogerdnapugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerdnapugh

This is perhaps the most realized piece of original art on a shirt from Woot. Dang. For awhile I was afraid that we would have a reckoning without a Patrickspens design in it. Glad to see that's not going to happen. His quality work raises the bar for everybody else.

isrami77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrami77

Thanks for the response citizen coyote!!

blitz0166

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blitz0166

I can't wait to read while wearing this shirt! :D

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson

This guy blows my mind.

Seriously. Give patrickspens 6 colors, and he could recreate Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel!

thumperchick

quality posts: 237 Private Messages thumperchick

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

PSSSSSSST. Woot! gods.... I would buy a poster of this.

More accurately, I WISH TO buy a poster of this.

More accurately, I wish to buy a poster of just about anything Patrickspens has ever done, and wallpaper my room with them. However, I'd settle for just this one, next time you offer paper products in the weekly deals.

artoo36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artoo36

Since this is today's shirt, I'm assuming you don't already have it in your hands. What do you know about its screenprinting issues, then?

The "pixelated" quality you're referring to (though I'm not sure if that's really the word you're looking for) is an artistic decision from the artist. It serves the dual purpose of allowing more apparent color variation with a limited number of inks (much like MS Paint ala Windows 3.1, or any color printer for that matter), as well as creating an artistic efect that many people find desirable.

Actually, the reference to pixelation has nothing to do with the artwork style (which is awesome). The picture is actually pixelated.* This can best be seen in the cracks between the floorboards. For me, this is not a dealbreaker, but it is a mystery as to why it is so.

* The term pixelation (pixelated) refers to an image in which pixels are visible (i.e. straight lines are not straight but jagged, etc)

edit: Mystery solved. The effect is caused by the diagonal lines running through the picture.

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev
isrami77 wrote:I've never purchased a shirt from Woot and absolutely love this one. Does anyone know if these shirts run big or are they true to size?

The best way to figure out what size is to take a t-shirt that already fits you, lay it out flat and measure it across, under the arm pits, and measure its length from the shoulder to the bottom. Then find the size that best matches those measurements.

sakataguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakataguy

I thought of the HMS Ophelia, home of the greatest Steampunk Band, Abney Park!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrPWFn7e2c

cgarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgarland

Thanks for explaining that. I really did think it was an issue with the production quality.

People really find that desirable? Wow!

I guess I will just have to be careful when I order a shirt in the future. Just my opinion but a really great design was ruined by that decision. YMMV.

cgarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgarland
citizencoyote wrote:To expand on this, the "pixelation" is known as halftoning, and as noted above allows for more (apparent) color variation than six colors would normally provide. Patrick, the artist of this shirt, happens to have powerful halftone-fu, btw.

I guess I sepent way too many years waiting for image resolution to improve to appreciate halftoning and mock 8-bit designs.

Again, loved the artwork and concept.

Thanks for the explanation though.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

Getting excited about Wooting again with this design.

kazaxat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kazaxat

Not that this design isn't cool, but I have an unrelated question that I'm not sure where else to post.

Has anyone received their unstealthy ninja hoodie from last week's deal? Mine seems to be stuck in 'Awaiting shipping', and has been for most of the last week since the week and a half ago or so I ordered it. The previous few shirts I've ordered from woot all seemed to move through the steps pretty quickly, which is why I thought I'd ask.

Now, back to the shirt at hand. I suddenly want to read a book featuring a zeppelin...

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
kazaxat wrote:Not that this design isn't cool, but I have an unrelated question that I'm not sure where else to post.

Has anyone received their unstealthy ninja hoodie from last week's deal? Mine seems to be stuck in 'Awaiting shipping', and has been for most of the last week since the week and a half ago or so I ordered it. The previous few shirts I've ordered from woot all seemed to move through the steps pretty quickly, which is why I thought I'd ask.

Now, back to the shirt at hand. I suddenly want to read a book featuring a zeppelin...

Contact service@woot. And the side deals, unlike the front page, print after purchase so getting it out the door takes longer. Is it past the date the sale said it would print? I don't recall when that side sale was.

kazaxat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kazaxat
blanked wrote:Contact service@woot. And the side deals, unlike the front page, print after purchase so getting it out the door takes longer. Is it past the date the sale said it would print? I don't recall when that side sale was.

I hadn't actually noticed a print date, I should be more observant it seems. Regardless, it seems I just needed to be a bit more patient, as the status has now changed to shipped! Or perhaps it was that my earlier post was so compelling it moved the Woot Gods to send it out post-haste...

lordgustoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordgustoff

IMO this is one of the best designs I've seen on shirt woot. Great job!

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Congrats on the print Pat!

For some reason, the guy in the chair reminded me of this shirt:

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

Scottyjx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scottyjx

This would be a bomb poster.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 16.553s
First Sucker: msklzannie
Last Wooter to Woot: ccschmidt11
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago
Order Pace: 0m 39.886s
Woots Sold: 2306

First day sales - 2306
and next day sales up right away (good!)

bgavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgavin
kazaxat wrote:Not that this design isn't cool, but I have an unrelated question that I'm not sure where else to post.

I haven't ordered the shirt in question but I DID have a problem with an order once. The shirt left the warehouse but according to the shipping tracking info never left whatever city it started out in (I forget where it was). I opted for patience and then forgot about it for almost a month. When I realized I didn't have the gift I ordered I emailed customer service and was really pleased with the very prompt response. I had my shirt in less than a week. Excellent customer service. I vote that you check on your shirt. S*** happens, you know.

B

c10538

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c10538

I've ordered 10 shirts from Shirt.Woot, and it's been my experience that they are cut for "comfort sizing" which means that the are just a little bit on the big side. Expect a comfortable extra sizing for ease of movement when wearing them.

If you like your shirts with a tighter feel, and you usually order medium from other vendors, you might want to order a small instead.

Dasprite222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dasprite222

Wow...this is just flat out EPIC artwork. I usually go in for the snarky stuff, but this is just BEAUTIFUL.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
c10538 wrote:I've ordered 10 shirts from Shirt.Woot, and it's been my experience that they are cut for "comfort sizing" which means that the are just a little bit on the big side. Expect a comfortable extra sizing for ease of movement when wearing them.

If you like your shirts with a tighter feel, and you usually order medium from other vendors, you might want to order a small instead.

For guys, the newer imported Anvil blanks are indeed wider at the shoulders. The measurements hold out otherwise. For gals, they are oversized; there are a few discussion threads going on in regards to this.

The older USA-made AA blanks are cut to be more fitted. I miss them.