jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
Re: Endless Summarrgh

Cool effect with the paper curling.

phylumsynthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylumsynthesis
tooiake wrote:Love the redesign. The way the sky fades is a nice touch too.

One question (and maybe it's a silly one): Why is Vader's ship brown instead of grey like the first design?

Vader has his own TIE fighter, it's different than the standard ones. Thus, it had to be changed!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Surf Nouveau

Anything Mucha inspired get my attention! Good job.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Underwater Galaxy

I am a bit of a purest, sorry, but this doesn't really fit the derby...
The Derby is entitled ON THE BEACH, not near the beach, at the beach, or around the beach. "ON" means something specific. Then again, it seems as though the powers at Woot play loose sometimes.

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
Re: I Have You Now

I like Starwars but this is unremarkable.

I think it really could have used a little more attention to the sketches. It's pretty rough.

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: Surfer Who?

A big thanks to everyone voting for me! I'm excited to have an entry in "the fog" for the first time! ;)

I'll get to it.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
cartoonron2007 wrote:Nope, that guy's taller

arn't they the same though? They are clones.

sthompson238

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sthompson238

hooray for finding nemo...

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
oubliette wrote:HA, someone else who detested the constant memes. Of course, they employed chibi, an similar sin. At least it doesn't involve cats asking for hamburgers.

"Chibi" with the amount of character that this artist puts into the work really isn't a comparable sin to memes and pop culture references. Not by a long shot.

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
Re: Shells Optional?

Makes me want a can of Slurm.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Beach Cats

This is super cute, and looks great on lemon! Im really surprised it's not higher! +1, push up there kitties!

tcamaleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcamaleon

A lot of HATERS! By the way, the artist's name is Omar Feliciano, not Lebron James!!!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Make Way!

Love the whimsey of your Kevbots. Love him on royal blue.

tcamaleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcamaleon

A lot of HATERS! By the way, the artist's name is Omar Feliciano, not Lebron James!!!

devinkryss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devinkryss

Derp?

devinkryss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devinkryss
Re: I Have You Now (RESUB)

I'm super impressed that you touched up up on the three major things I didn't like in the first design. I didn't even have to spell them out, it's like you knew all along! So you HAVE seen Star Wars after all =) Way to go Sheldon.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
tcamaleon wrote:A lot of HATERS! By the way, the artist's name is Omar Feliciano, not Lebron James!!!

When a basic derby rule is clearly violated, people mention it. It's one thing to speculate about whether or not a design fits the theme, but in this case people were calling omar out on the fact that this was a direct resub. Those people were not being "haters," they were stating an important fact.

The design is a good one, but it's a shame to see an important derby rule broken by an experienced, printed artist. I think that is one of the biggest issues with this whole situation.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 84 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Cthulu Approaches

He will hug her and squeeze her and name her George.

I don't know.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
jbb04 wrote:Bro, it still looks friggin awesome. Just turn the sign into an umbrella or something.

thanks, didn't notice the no text rule. unfortunately zagama beach is integral to the design(starship trooper reference), will just have to save it for something else

phylumsynthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylumsynthesis
devinkryss wrote:I'm super impressed that you touched up up on the three major things I didn't like in the first design. I didn't even have to spell them out, it's like you knew all along! So you HAVE seen Star Wars after all =) Way to go Sheldon.

Well, here's what happened. I had the gist of it when I sketched it, but I thought that Luke at one point swooped around and fired on Vader from behind, but it was Han and the Millenium Falcon. Someone on here pointed out that I'd used the wrong TIE fighter, so I fixed that, and then I watched a bit more and saw that the Death Star was totally finished at this point. REDEEMED.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Skinny Dip

Ha, took me a minute to get it, but cute idea. I am a little nervous about the placement, someone either calling my boobs "kermie and piggie" or the impression that the hands are coming out of them, if that makes sense.

runnerfrog13

Re: surfin v2

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this one! The two things I thought of when looking at version 1 have been implemented! Namely, 1) The top of the black teardrop seemed like the curl of the wave and so I wanted to see the surfer in action on that part, and standing on the lower part, and 2) The blue color is much more evocative of waves and ocean to me than the red/yellow sunset colors from v.1 -- GMV

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
citizencoyote wrote:Oh my gosh, this art style is fantastic and a refreshing change from what we've seen recently. Would love to see this one print!

Got to keep that marker and pen skills up! Glad you like the style.

runnerfrog13

haidoni wrote:I like the idea and design but i wish there was a little more color, especially in the water. A nice translucent blue hue would have made me like it more i think.

I agree, this design is so clever and the art is beautiful. Put some blue into that water, and it would be super attractive (yes I know that water washing up on a beach doesn't actually look blue...)

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
oubliette wrote:Very nice! I love the style.

Down with rounded-off smiling things. Up with crooked snarling things!

Thanks! Hoping to keep up the crooked snarling things in the future!

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Re: Beach Buddies

Love it!

Are you ready,kids? I can't hear you! Whooooooooooo lives in a pinapple under the sea?

One teeny-tiny suggestion though, maybe put it on different colored shirt. Blue maybe?

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
runnerfrog13 wrote:Ha, took me a minute to get it, but cute idea. I am a little nervous about the placement, someone either calling my boobs "kermie and piggie" or the impression that the hands are coming out of them, if that makes sense.

I totally understand what you're saying. There have been quite a few designs at woot that I've stopped and said "I can't wear that" because I'm a female. I get the designs are for people of all ages, genders, stripes, polka dots, but there are some designs that for a woman, particularly one with um, greater assets, it would be impossible to wear without setting yourself up to have an awkward and uncomfortable day.

nanoamber4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanoamber4

This is fantastic.

ckulczyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckulczyk

This made me laugh out loud...so cute.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Sunset Pier

Beautiful, it looks like a painting!

amanda05310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanda05310
roboticdistraction wrote:Really enjoy the contrast of colors in Surfin v1, think this one could use a differing color than black for the shirt to stand out more (recommending an earth-tone orange).

REALLY!!!! orange??? that black is amazing

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Zombie Beach Party

This style.
It's refreshing
I like it.

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Piña Colada

I like how you can infer "Rum" from the squiggle on the bottle. Nicely played.

move along

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate
Re: Rebel Attack

I love this!

GMV!

alna09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alna09
aerc712 wrote:When a basic derby rule is clearly violated, people mention it. It's one thing to speculate about whether or not a design fits the theme, but in this case people were calling omar out on the fact that this was a direct resub. Those people were not being "haters," they were stating an important fact.

The design is a good one, but it's a shame to see an important derby rule broken by an experienced, printed artist. I think that is one of the biggest issues with this whole situation.

I think that what is a "shame" is the way the majority of people here "state" facts. Sometimes they are just plain rude. I'm sure he got the message the first time but he was waiting on woot to make the call. It was going too happen sooner or later right? Cut him some slack.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
Muppethero wrote:arn't they the same though? They are clones.

Not necessarily. Clones became hard to manufacture (grow), so they changed to enlistment-based troops and officers by the time Hope, Empire, and Return occur. There were still clone troopers in the Imperial Army, it just wasn't exclusively comprised of clones.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
Re: Island Drink

I like this, but… why is the sun OUTSIDE the confines of his "vision-blob"? Shouldn't we only technically see part of the sun?

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

lacywaller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lacywaller
Re: summer tune

i do so love this design

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Hot Dog

So cute, funny & well done!

andivaclavicek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andivaclavicek
Re: Beach Buddies

Must have!!!