Thanks

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
Re: Secret Spot

thanks a lot!

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Fudge's Last Sunrise

I like the design - cute and simple. However, the dog's tongue doesn't look quite right, and the title just makes it sad, instead of fun.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
alna09 wrote:I think that what is a "shame" is the way the majority of people here "state" facts. Sometimes they are just plain rude. I'm sure he got the message the first time but he was waiting on woot to make the call. It was going too happen sooner or later right? Cut him some slack.

Do people here get uppity and angry quickly? Yes, especially when it comes to the derby. Omar should have known better than to do a direct resub of a recent entry. That rule is clearly stated and honestly, any trouble that has arisen, he brought it on himself when he recycled a barely on topic design.

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: singing in the sea

That is really beautiful. Great work! GMV.

I'll get to it.

strikefreedom101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strikefreedom101
Re: Beach Penguins

I LOVE THE COLOR!

strikefreedom101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strikefreedom101
Re: Piña Colada

Ingredient shirts. You done it again!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Escape from the Cold

Is that a penguin? It looks like somebody waxed and painted a bean. And then put sunglasses and headphones on it because awwwww..

phylumsynthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylumsynthesis
oubliette wrote:I like Starwars but this is unremarkable.

I think it really could have used a little more attention to the sketches. It's pretty rough.

Unfortunately, every time I spend more than three hours on a shirt design, I seem to end up losing on here pretty hard. Most things that seem to win on here are simple, quick, and usually involve animals with a potato-shaped body. As much as I would have loved to pour more time into it... it just never pays off.

bluetuba

alna09 wrote:I think that what is a "shame" is the way the majority of people here "state" facts. Sometimes they are just plain rude. I'm sure he got the message the first time but he was waiting on woot to make the call. It was going too happen sooner or later right? Cut him some slack.

Pardon me Sir, you seem to have mistakenly submitted your space design from the underwater derby again here in the beach derby. Since I'm sure you weren't aware of the "No resubmissions without significant changes" rule I hope that you will take prompt action to rework this design and resubmit it again so we can all vote and give you our money next week!

Toodles!

adhok42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adhok42
Re: incendiary lemonade

Because just Genetically Altered Combustible Lemons made to burn down houses just wasn't enough.

WARNING: May cause digestive issues if actually consumed.

vathos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vathos
adhok42 wrote:Because just Genetically Altered Combustible Lemons made to burn down houses just wasn't enough.

WARNING: May cause digestive issues if actually consumed.

When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!

71Hd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 71Hd
Re: surfin v1

I would pay money to have a print of this if it doesn't make it in the derby. Seriously.

Jeannesue53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeannesue53
Re: Man, That's Screwed Up

LOVE this- how unique!

magorphenger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magorphenger
Re: Sunset Pier

One of the best designs submitted so far and a welcome relief from the flood of over-done Star Wars shirts

Chronological Reorder

divyarky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divyarky
jbb04 wrote:I like the texture in your sun.

Thanks! I'm quite new to this. I'm still figuring out how to take advantage of all Gimp has to offer

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Zombie Beach Party

I love the poses of the two zombies in the background. Really hoping this prints.

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
Re: Island Drink

This is amazing composition! It's all brilliant, the framing, the memes that you chose, and the best part is the "tentacle" which at first looks like an octopus, but on closer observation, it's the Smoke Monster reaching for a refreshing Dharma beer! I love it. I'm outraged this isn't getting more votes. This is way better than the stupid Star Wars crap that always wins. I'd vote you up a hundred if I could.

misstracee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misstracee
Re: Hot Dog

haha. cute indeed. i love the matching nail polish.

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
Re: Sunset Pier

This is unbelievable. And to think, there's no Darth Vaders or Tardises anywhere. It's like...real art work. Winning.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

Saving my jumbowoot coupon to buy this. It's got to print!

FMstatic100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FMstatic100
Re: Seapony

Very cute design! Though, at the risk of offending some bronies, I would love to see this in original 80s seapony style! Shoo be doo!

elefader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elefader
Re: Make Way!

Love it.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Way to stay ON TOPIC!!!!

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: Nintendo Beach Party V2

Please tell me why you reject this one if you reject it again.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Will the Mario/Star Wars, overdone movie/games never end?

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

THank you all!!! I really appreciate those nice words! I wanted to come up with something original about Star Wars!:D

LilacWine7699

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LilacWine7699
Re: surfin v2 resub

Trying to figure out the meaning of the biplane...

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Amon a boat

No text this week.

mjc613

Re: Nintendo Beach Party V2

You are using copyrighted characters. That's why they said, "we can't run this". If you only showed the backs or were able to show this as a parody, woot might be able to use it, depends on what their legal dept thinks.

Update: Since woot hasn't rejected this, apparently they decided that there was enough of a parody here to avoid lawsuits. In that case, they must not have liked the judge in the chair in your first drawing.

mjc613

No text this week.

LilacWine7699

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LilacWine7699
Re: Escape from the Cold

Cute! Love the mohawk.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
MrsBones wrote:I like this, but… why is the sun OUTSIDE the confines of his "vision-blob"? Shouldn't we only technically see part of the sun?

Just has to do with composition. It's ok to break the frame sometimes and in this case I found it was the best solution, because only showing it partially, or moving the sun and jet, or expanding the border all made the composition worse on the tee.

bluetuba

Re: Surf Nouveau

This is just gorgeous and is exactly the sort of design that should win an "At the beach" derby. Unfortunately we could very well end up with 3 Darth Vader shirts.

It's a sad sad time at shirt.woot

divyarky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divyarky

Wow your colors look amazing. I was wondering how you managed it to look like that. Every time I work with gradients it never looks so smooth. I'd appreciate any tips

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
runnerfrog13 wrote:I agree, this design is so clever and the art is beautiful. Put some blue into that water, and it would be super attractive (yes I know that water washing up on a beach doesn't actually look blue...)

I thought about it and even tried it, but like u all agree it just lost the realism I was going for. Although I'm not getting the elusive derby win, I do appreciate that you all like my art. Back to the drawing boards for next week, pun intended

mcaslerm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcaslerm

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: I Have You Now (RESUB)

i think many star wars shirts fall short but i would buy this... creative and well crafted... nice work!

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
Re: Zombie Beach Party

These are the most comments I have received in any derby! I'm glad my love for zombies is paying off.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
jbb04 wrote:This is amazing composition! It's all brilliant, the framing, the memes that you chose, and the best part is the "tentacle" which at first looks like an octopus, but on closer observation, it's the Smoke Monster reaching for a refreshing Dharma beer! I love it. I'm outraged this isn't getting more votes. This is way better than the stupid Star Wars crap that always wins. I'd vote you up a hundred if I could.

really appreciate the in depth feedback, and im glad you enjoy it