natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Ordered Honey Wait!! and upon receipt the blues print section is pretty much the same shade as the shirt blank so it kind of looks weird in that there are floating body parts unless you look really close. Support has been emailed but they really need to change their auto response as the holidays are over...unless you guys are getting slammed with Valentines Day orders and that is the holiday time you are referring to

UPDATE: got a canned cut and paste response from Dana within a few hours, I was complaining about poor printing and got this

Hello natedogg828,

Sorry to hear that you have changed your mind on the product you purchased, unfortunately, per our FAQ's (www.woot.com/faq), we're unable to accept returns on items due to buyer's remorse. We suggest trying to sell the unwanted item to a friend, a co-worker, on eBay or craigslist, or on www.wootswap.com.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Dana
Woot Member Services

Darn it Woot, fix your CS fast before I join the others and leave. I expect a better response to my reply.

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

natedogg828

intensefancypink wrote:Yep, my Fresh Cake shirt was also printed on a pink blank, and not on light pink, as it should've been.
I wonder how many other people have had this happen with their shirts?
Come on, woot! You can do better than this....

Great, my wife's is supposed to deliver tomorrow and if there are problems with it she might ban me from ordering anymore shirts as this would be 2 problems out of the last 2 ordered (in addition to other ones over the years)

UPDATE: wife's Fresh Cake was in fact printed on pink blank and not light pink as ordered. Thanks for leaving the AA sticker inside so I could confirm. Support has been emailed.

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!

natedogg828

manhandsha wrote:Sorry guys. :|

Please email your order number and user name to support@woot.com. I let them know what's up, but they'll need to hear from you, too.

I did this and they asked for pictures (which I sent) now to wait for another response

UPDATE: got my response and it was better than expected. direct quote "We'll have replacements sent as soon as possible."

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

I am actually kind of impressed that Narfcake is still ordering shirts here. I'm not. I look at designs I like, and think, "Is it worth the problems? Is it worth having a bad blank, or crooked print,or bad registry? Nah." I then go on with my day knowing I won't have to write in to support and get my money back, or get 2+ more bad prints, then my money back, and have another group of shirts I won't wear.

So really, those of you still shirt wooting - you guys are troopers. I won't even do another shirt.woot product at this point.

(All of that is subject to change if things drastically change.)

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
thumperchick wrote:I am actually kind of impressed that Narfcake is still ordering shirts here. I'm not. I look at designs I like, and think, "Is it worth the problems? Is it worth having a bad blank, or crooked print,or bad registry? Nah." ...

I've certainly been more selective; designs with a lot of black on eggplant, I've passed on, and I did skip out on being last Wooter for F.C. as I (finally!) got a perfect copy the third time around.

For the two I did purchase: Umbrellas, I'm hoping that it prints well, as my original copy is showing its age. Schrödinger’s Equation shouldn't have any problems with registration, though I prefer it printing with all three colors ... not that my dog would know that difference; it's a Ramy shirt - she'll drool, lick, and leave her slobber on them just the same, whether they be kitties, hedgehogs, or penguins. It's unexplainable, really.

On another note, thank you Woot for addressing the pink/light pink mix up. I appreciate it.

Narfcake

Soooo ... who wants to play "Can you spot the difference?"

No, it's not that one is Anvil and the rest are AA ...

Nor is it the neckline for that said shirt ...

Nor how the replacement copy for that said shirt came with holes in the fabric instead of hair in the print like the first copy ...

Or that the print colors for the text/movement lines are different on the pink and seafoam ...

No, it's what I get for being last Wooter again - a BELLY PRINT!

So while it seems that at least I'm not so cursed now for being first sucker, I guess I still am when I'm last. (Thank you @bluejester for sniping the last Under Northern Lights shirt; I got a good copy. )

bobandirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobandirus

Wrong colours seems to be a common mistake, but how often do people get orders with missing shirts, or completely different shirts?
Last December, I ordered Health Food in mensXL, and recived 4 random shirts, 2 in womans small, and 2 in mens medium. Becuase of this, and several other mistaken orders, I gave up with Shirt Woot for a while. Doing a test order on the Seafoam American Apparal tees, I ordered on of them, and the Fractal Tree. Only Fractal Tree arrived.

HOW DO YOU GET THE ORDERS SO WRONG??

Support has been emailed, but I don't hold out hope for a replacement American Apparel tee. Surprise me Woot, surprise me!

bobandirus

bobandirus wrote:
Support has been emailed, but I don't hold out hope for a replacement American Apparel tee. Surprise me Woot, surprise me!

The reply says that I should wait, as it still might arrive. Given that it was a 2 tee order, and only half of it arrived, this seems odd to me. Is one order arriving in 2 deliveries normal?

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
bobandirus wrote:The reply says that I should wait, as it still might arrive. Given that it was a 2 tee order, and only half of it arrived, this seems odd to me. Is one order arriving in 2 deliveries normal?

It's not completely uncommon, especially if you ordered one thing from the catalog and one from a side sale. Typically the side sales have a later ship date, so it's possible that they split the order to get you part of it sooner.

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

bobandirus

arryielle wrote:It's not completely uncommon, especially if you ordered one thing from the catalog and one from a side sale. Typically the side sales have a later ship date, so it's possible that they split the order to get you part of it sooner.

2 seperate side sales. That might explain it actually. But if that was the case, why not give it 2 different order numbers or something?

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
bobandirus wrote:2 seperate side sales. That might explain it actually. But if that was the case, why not give it 2 different order numbers or something?

Because you only paid once, in one order, with the one shopping cart, you only get one order number :-) If you had bought them separately, and had two transactions, then you would have gotten two order numbers.

Usually the tracking numbers aren't assigned until the item actually gets bagged up and ready to ship. So, either your second item is still in the process of being printed and bagged, OR someone somewhere forgot to do their job to scan in the additional tracking number. Or the order got lost and you'll end up getting a refund in a couple of weeks! Good luck!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

thumperchick

Narfcake wrote:- a BELLY PRINT!

I actually would have a real use for that belly print! PM me if you would want to sell it.

thumperchick

This was in a new thread, but though it should be cataloged here, as well.

TobiasAmaranth wrote:I... don't think I can get small silk-screens from Woot anymore. This has reached the point of being unacceptable, and my recent order highlighted exactly what's wrong.

I'd seen this when I go to conventions, how a normal sized shirt has a MUCH bigger design on it. But now I just feel like Woot is screwing over those who order Men's Smalls. See the comparison image below:

First issue is that I am ashamed to hear Woot is doing digital printing for overnight. I'm paying MORE money for these shirts, Woot. Don't give me crappier quality as punishment for paying more. I've been a loyal customer and screen printing is as important to me as USA-made shirts to some of these other people.

Second issue you'll notice is the big one; what in the H*LL is up with the print size difference??? It's obvious you can print larger designs on a small shirt. It even looks great being bigger. But that silk-screened version is outright laughable by comparison! I realize it's a pain to set up additional silk-screen sizes, but I'd rather have it look a little too BIG and use the same as Medium/Large than be stuck with these dinky pathetic designs.

I love how snug a small is on me. I don't want to go back to mediums. But this needs to change. One of my favorite aspects of, say, Vulpa Major, is how big the design is. Actually, looking closer, the shirt in the following image IS a small! O.o; I'm even more confused, now.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Smalls don't need to have microscopic kid's-size printing. This absolutely needs to change, and I don't want a refund, I want it done right. I want it done like it should be.

There's a third issue that I notice with both Skydiving Foxes shirts side by side, and that's an issue with the blank. Why is there such a difference in the shirt's color? Neither have been washed. So why is the blue so different? Does this happen for anyone else?

In any case, my main issue here is over the size of the designs on Men's Smalls. This absolutely needs to change. I will say that digital with the right shirt blanks doesn't look too bad, though it still pales in comparison to the vibrant colors of a screen printing. That said, at least that one had the balls to be a large design. That's the size it SHOULD be on the SCREEN PRINT, guys!

[This message will also be sent to customer support following the posting of this topic.]

Edit: Here's a bonus picture that adds in my roommate's XL. Note that the size of the print is the same size as the Digital Men's Small (Right) showing that such a design can fit just fine on a Men's Small.

Woot. I'm not a kid. Stop printing kid's size designs on the Men's Smalls!

Narfcake

TobiasAmaranth wrote:First issue is that I am ashamed to hear Woot is doing digital printing for overnight. I'm paying MORE money for these shirts, Woot.

Logistics is the reason why you'd end up with a DTG copy versus a screen print when you overnight. If for whatever reason they couldn't get to printing the smalls by the time cutoff, DTG it goes. Opting for snail post means the printing can be done later in the day and/or the next day.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Narfcake wrote:Logistics is the reason why you'd end up with a DTG copy versus a screen print when you overnight. If for whatever reason they couldn't get to printing the smalls by the time cutoff, DTG it goes. Opting for snail post means the printing can be done later in the day and/or the next day.

I figure. But that deserves a disclaimer, or more effort on their part to not let that happen. Digital, to me, is a punishment. (PS: Why is it "DTG"? Shouldn't it be "DGT"? DiGiTal? *feels like he's missing something in that abbreviation*)

And thanks Thumper. I looked for this thread (albeit not very hard) before I posted, and couldn't find it. Thx for crossposting it here.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

thumperchick

Oh, hai again. I had to order Dogeball by Marceepauff. Had to. Even though it's on Anvil. My print on L came out fine. My husband's 3X, however; off center.

So yeah, I guess for all the "passing along" to shirt peeps, QC is still non-existent.

TobiasAmaranth

thumperchick wrote:Oh, hai again. I had to order Dogeball by Marceepauff. Had to. Even though it's on Anvil. My print on L came out fine. My husband's 3X, however; off center.

So yeah, I guess for all the "passing along" to shirt peeps, QC is still non-existent.

There's a certain point you have to ask 'is the QC bad, or the quality of the help they hire these days what's bad?' I'm thinking Woot just can't pay people as well as they used to, or that people as a whole just plain don't give a shirt. |3

Then there's the approach that they're hammering production quotas too high for the workers TO potentially care. No worker's-pride because numbers,numbers,numbers.

But yeah, just a friendly reminder that there ARE people behind the effort taken to get you your shirt. Plenty of points of failure and even if you ask for perfect QC, that just means higher turnover rates, which results in even worse results as long as numbers are cranked high. Given the potential atmosphere of the warehouse, that one's probably 'within acceptable boundaries' these days. *shrugs* Corporations suck, though, I agree.

Narfcake

"Is the QC bad" implies there's some QC to begin with.

Running low on ink? OH WELL! Lots of lint on the shirt that should've been brushed off before loading onto the platen? OH WELL - WE'LL JUST PRINT RIGHT OVER IT!

We'll ship it out to the customer for QC anyways! Resolve the same issue we had before? HA!

As for the replacement for the belly print of FC, I would've figured that after hundreds and hundreds of copies of FC that were ordered off the back catalog, they'd have the color profiles dialed in.

I was wrong ...

BTW, there's still the wrong shirt, blotched print, and an off-center print that I haven't had the patience to post yet ...

TobiasAmaranth

At least you were able to get replacements. The customer service I dealt with, well... just check my post on the other topic. @_@

TobiasAmaranth wrote:Pissed off rant

Narfcake

TobiasAmaranth wrote:At least you were able to get replacements. The customer service I dealt with, well... just check my post on the other topic. @_@

Ugh.

Yes, I got replacements; I too specifically asked for them. What I got back was one that had the same printed-on-lint issue (but with the bonus of running low on ink), one in which was only slightly less belly-print (it was still loaded low) but looks horrible because the colors are way off, and one which was simply the wrong shirt to replace one which was originally printed crooked on a blank with a missed seam.

I emailed @ADQ a couple weeks ago in hopes that it got passed along to the shirt folks, but I'm not so sure if that went through or not ...

FWIW, the last two shirts - one was blotched with clumps of ink, and the other was noticeably off-centered. Once again, I'll have to waste my time following up on another order ...

Exasperating is an understatement now. WHY is this happening, time after time, all to ONE customer? Is my luck really that bad, or is it an inherent problem with shirt.Woot? Is the staff just wishing I'd go away for good again?

Someone tell me. PLEASE!

PS: In so far as luck, I did receive 1 of the 10 Broccoli on Cheese from derby #355, but I still haven't opened it yet. Odds it'll contain a defectively printed shirt ...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:Is the staff just wishing I'd go away for good again?

Someone tell me. PLEASE!

*cough* *cough*

thumperchick

Speaking of Customer Support Reps not reading emails, here is my recent frustrating conversation:

Hello Wootployee,
I ordered 2 Dogeball shirts, one XL, one 3XL, order # 48763583. The print on the M3XL shirt is badly off center. I've included links to pics for your reference. Instead of a refund, I would strongly prefer a replacement, as my husband really loves the design.
Images of bad print:http://i.imgur.com/hUVEX4C.jpg http://i.imgur.com/1GbDAls.jpg
Thank you,
Thumperchick

The response I received indicates that my email wasn't even read.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
We have issued a refund. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to show up on your original payment method.
Thank you for your patience and business.

Best Regards,
-Calvin
Woot Member Services

So, thanks for the bad print, followed by service ignoring my simple request - not even acknowledging it! So now, because QC is terrible, woot is expecting me to replace my shirt at a HIGHER PRICE? (Since the shirt I ordered on the first day, and the shirt is now in the top 20.)

TobiasAmaranth

thumperchick wrote:Speaking of Customer Support Reps not reading emails, here is my recent frustrating conversation:

So, thanks for the bad print, followed by service ignoring my simple request - not even acknowledging it! So now, because QC is terrible, woot is expecting me to replace my shirt at a HIGHER PRICE? (Since the shirt I ordered on the first day, and the shirt is now in the top 20.)

Yeah, that's about the same level of reading comprehension I get from customer service every time I poke them these days. It'd be one thing if they were ACTUALLY robots, but there's people behind those e-mails, controlled by a company that doesn't let their customer support actually use their brains or try and help the customer. Talking about policy is bad, after all. Don't tell the customer what you can't do, only what you CAN do. And all they CAN do is issue refunds. Ever. I still don't know how Narf is managing to get these replacements, failures or not, lol...

In response to my request to speak to a supervisor/manager, I got this:

I'm very sorry but we are not equipped for telephone support and all support is provided via telephone.

I realize you're upset, and I regret we've been unable to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, we'll not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters, and any further inquiries on this matter will not receive a response.

We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

First off, wait-what? They have telephones they can't use for support, and all support is provided by telephone? English fail. Probably meant e-mail the second time. But that's the type of mistakes I've been seeing a lot of recently, like someone ran the e-mail through a scrambler to make sure any legitimately communicated message contained within is mutilated to the point of unusability.

Second, as I said, "We cannot talk about policy, go away now before I get in trouble."

Third, not in regards to this e-mail, but I sent another to Woot and used the web-submit form because that's all that exists unless you've had a personal direct e-mail from a Woot staffer in the past... to suggest an idea for something art related. A promotional thing they could do with the furry group because hey, tons of fuzz-butts are Wooters. But anyway, I got an e-mail back from them saying to contact either uhh, artist or artists @ woot. I forget which they told me in the e-mail, but it was the wrong one of the two. So now I have both in my list of contacts which is really annoying and inconvenient. Oh, and I never DID hear back from the artist team about my idea. Not even a default CS 'under consideration' politeness e-mail.

*sigh* And I went such a long time without having these issues, too.

Narfcake

no1 wrote:*cough* *cough*

Sadly, that's the feeling I get.

thumperchick wrote:Speaking of Customer Support Reps not reading emails, ...

Oy! Though I'd love to make a suggestion that the shirt of choice for all the CS staff should be this design, I have a sad feeling that they're all wearing this ex-staff's shirt instead.

Maybe that's why I still haven't bothered to write in this second (though technically it's the third time), on the notion that they won't read it anyways. From what it seems, no one at Woot is reading my posts, including the mods who in the past have been extremely helpful to other Wooters.

TobiasAmaranth wrote:... *sigh* And I went such a long time without having these issues, too.

Same here.

I can only recall two issues I sent in pre-2012: Solstice didn't show up (got lost between FedEx and USPS, so that's not really a shirt.woot issue), and Life Choices printed quite crookedly. From 2012 to present ... it's more than I can count right now. This kind of track record is on par with @trekmiss' experience.

Narfcake

TobiasAmaranth wrote:... I still don't know how Narf is managing to get these replacements, failures or not, lol...

As I still haven't heard anything from the mods or anyone else at shirt.woot saying that these are issues that need to (and will be) addressed, we'll see what happens this time ...

FWIW, I can understand how a bad seam ...

... can be missed by the printing crew - and if push came to shove, I can pull out the thread/needle, the sewing machine, or serger (depending on the severity of the matter) and make it wearable. OTOH, a seriously crooked print ...

... isn't "fixable", and only suggests there's nobody at Woot checking or caring about anything coming off the print platen.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:As I still haven't heard anything from the mods or anyone else at shirt.woot saying that these are issues that need to (and will be) addressed, we'll see what happens this time ...

FWIW, I can understand how a bad seam ...

... can be missed by the printing crew - and if push came to shove, I can pull out the thread/needle, the sewing machine, or serger (depending on the severity of the matter) and make it wearable. OTOH, a seriously crooked print ...

... isn't "fixable", and only suggests there's nobody at Woot checking or caring about anything coming off the print platen.

"Looks fine to me!"

thumperchick

thumperchick wrote:Dogeball Shirt Issues

After gaining attention from a non-shirt-related wootployee, I was sent a well printed replacement.

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
Narfcake wrote:Soooo ... who wants to play "Can you spot the difference?"

Just have to say how jealous of your range of colors in one of my favorite shirts! I must pay better attention at side sales, but now I'm almost scared to buy one.

Thinking about spending my Fri night going through my T's...

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:

"Looks fine to me!"

Two interpretations here:

1. It's an @oakenspirit design - of course it looks fine!

2. You work at Woot, don't you?! Where's your staff badge?!

BTW, the replacement shirt that was sent was a DTG copy of @queenmob's Some Very Dandy Aliens - meaning it was a purposely produced shirt. Did they just package the wrong shirt, or are they really really that screwed up? Sadly, I'm thinking the latter ...

I was going to comment in a different thread about allowing artists to increase the fineness with halftones, but then thought about Woot's production and how it'd end up if they tried printing this (click to enlarge) ...

Yes, Woot has done some good halftone printing before, but nothing to this level of fineness.

thumperchick wrote:After gaining attention from a non-shirt-related wootployee, I was sent a well printed replacement.

So there's still hope?! I hope so ...

dfunk29 wrote:Just have to say how jealous of your range of colors in one of my favorite shirts! I must pay better attention at side sales, but now I'm almost scared to buy one.

Other than the registration issues on the first two runs of on eggplant, the ink color on the second run, the hair on my first copy of FC on baby blue, the holes in the shirt on the replacement copy, the wrong color blank for the light pink, the belly print on seafoam, and the poor DTG print on the replacement, they've been just fine!

(Disclaimer: possibly also in a state of denial.)