trekmiss


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
viviankb wrote:I also got "In addition to your radishes" from the side sale this spring and had the same men's sized over-saturated print on an AA WM shirt.

I also got "Some BBQ" with a men's print on AA WM. Both of these I reported to Woot.

And I only just realized that my "Free Hugs" and "Family Portrait" shirts also have the men's size print on AA WM and WS. I never reported these because I didn't know.

My "Playing Koi" that I got at the most recent random sale has the larger print as well as terrible print quality, with the colors all blending into an ugly orange. It loses all the beauty of the original art. I didn't know if I could report this since I got it in a random sale (but shouldn't those be the same quality?).



I reported a misprint shirt from a random sale and got a replacement shirt. The replacement was not the same shirt, though. I wasn't sure if I should report it or not, but glad I did.

arryielle


quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

My poor swimming Unninjas look... fuzzy... the white around their heads is just off enough and their ninjatos aren't outlined quite right... It's not *bad*, per say, but it's not as sharp as they it should be. It reminds me a lot of my Too Many Cooks where the white rabbits faces were just not quite right. (I'll post pics in a moment - gotta take them then upload)

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

paintednightsky


quality posts: 6 Private Messages paintednightsky

Just received a When I Grow Up Shirt. Quality def seems to be off. The print was HUGE 11 inches and so was the shirt and it looked like a mens compared to my penguin shirt came out fine with the print and shirt matching chart. I did pay attention to sizing and made sure I got the penguin in small 17 inches and the grow up shirt in large because that was closest to 17 wide. When I looked at the chart for the caterpillar shirt it appeared it was AA sizing but it just ended up Anvil? Very confusing..... And the huge print makes the shirt look even huger.

VetteLover82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages VetteLover82

Possibly not quite on subject but does anyone know what to do if you get the wrong size shirt delivered? I ordered a WM and got a regular/mens medium. At first I thought it was my mistake since I also ordered a shirt for my brother at the same time but as I often tell people, I don't make mistakes (except for my exes).

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
paintednightsky wrote:Just received a When I Grow Up Shirt. Quality def seems to be off. The print was HUGE 11 inches and so was the shirt ...


So if I got this right ...

- Men's size print on a women's size shirt? Check.
- Anvil blanks when it's supposed to be on AA? Check.
- Email sent to service@woot.com? Check? ...


VetteLover82 wrote:... I ordered a WM and got a regular/mens medium. ...


Refer to this thread ...

arryielle


quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
arryielle wrote:My poor swimming Unninjas look... fuzzy... the white around their heads is just off enough and their ninjatos aren't outlined quite right... It's not *bad*, per say, but it's not as sharp as they it should be. It reminds me a lot of my Too Many Cooks where the white rabbits faces were just not quite right. (I'll post pics in a moment - gotta take them then upload)



My Super Effective shirt is a WXL but has the men's size print on it :-(



My UnNinjas appear... fuzzy? They're just not as sharp as they're supposed to be, and the swimming ninja's eyes are barely pinpricks.


Notice the lack of black around the swords and the outlining for their heads is a bit off:


For comparison:
and

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I got home tonight to find a woot! shirt bag inside my door. Excitement! Let's see, which bag is it?



ApeLad asks, "What's wrong with this picture?" Okay, let's play: what's wrong with this picture:

(Length measurement)

Oh. Well, that's a huge disappointment. No pun intended. But at least the second copy of Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie that I was sent after the first one had significant errors will be printed correctly, right?
Oh. Nevermind. Exact same errors as last time: it's pretty clear that there was hair in the screen, which is just gross on top of incompetent.

So: I've ordered 13 Woot Plus items this year. One of them was okay. Twelve of them were not. That error rate is just absurd - and woot don't even seem to care. When's the last time that a staffer checked into this thread and let us know that they were still paying attention? I can't fathom how quality control has simply disappeared over the past seven months, but at this point: there's no quality control at shirt.woot, which means there's no quality at shirt.woot.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Raider9924


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

I saw a link to this thread from a deals.woot question and after reading thru the other posts a shirt I purchased a few months back popped into my head. I purchased "WET||SLIPPERY WHEN" http://shirt.woot.com/offers/wet-slippery-when in size Mens 2X on 3/08/12 which based on the $12 price I believe was the first day of sale. This product was not a side deal; it was the featured shirt of the day.

When I received the shirt the design print seemed a little smaller then I thought it would be but honestly never realized the design size was listed in the product description, I just look at the preview image to get an idea of what the final product will look like. After reading the problems I went back to the shirt's product page and took note of the design size. After measuring it appears my shirt received the women’s design rather then the men’s as it measures approximately 9” x 6” rather then the 12” x 7.5” intended.





Unlike the problems with the men’s design on women’s shirt this does not make the shirt unwearable however the design does appear understated. I just thought it should be pointed out the design problem seems to not be limited to just the women’s sizes but also extends to men’s sizes as well.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Im afraid I've received a problematic shirt myself. :\ Im ok with the women's prints being a little bit smaller than the men's, but this is a bit extreme, hahaha.

The images is also not centered, and it's a bit cadywompus. You can see the edges of the screens if you look closely.

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:...ApeLad asks, "What's wrong with this picture?" Okay, let's play: what's wrong with this picture: ...


It's off centered too ... And it's really sad on the UnNinja LW hoodie.

I can't fathom how quality control has simply disappeared over the past seven months, but at this point: there's no quality control at shirt.woot, which means there's no quality at shirt.woot.


It's as if the QC has shifted from the production to the customers ... and I really can't see how that makes any business sense at all.

bassanimation wrote:Im afraid I've received a problematic shirt myself. :\ Im ok with the women's prints being a little bit smaller than the men's, but this is a bit extreme, hahaha. ...


That's not even close! - like they reduced it to 50% instead of to 75%. I'm guessing the whole run of women's is like this too, what with your's being #001.

I really have to question what's going on down there, because these issues are straight up Woot's.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Narfcake wrote:That's not even close! - like they reduced it to 50% instead of to 75%. I'm guessing the whole run of women's is like this too, what with your's being #001.

I really have to question what's going on down there, because these issues are straight up Woot's.



I dont receive wonky shirts very often, but lately I've received quite a few. Mostly the others had much larger prints, which I dont mind as long as the ink isnt too thick (otherwise I can't fit mah "girls" into the shirt comfortably). This is really, really small though. Sad, as I really liked this image. ;_; I emailed service, we'll see if they can fix the problem.

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

bassanimation wrote:Im afraid I've received a problematic shirt myself. :\ Im ok with the women's prints being a little bit smaller than the men's, but this is a bit extreme, hahaha.

The images is also not centered, and it's a bit cadywompus. You can see the edges of the screens if you look closely.



So the off-center is an issue we'd need to correct for sure. As for the 'sides' of the screen, you're actually seeing some residue from the tack that holds the shirt to the pallet for printing. I hate seeing that too and it always makes me nervous, but it will wash out. Thanks for the feedback. We know we've got some improvements to make with the new workload associated with the extra sales.

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Thanks for posting the issues you're having here in addition to letting Service know. It's not something we're happy about, but it does happen, especially when our production model is getting more sophisticated. Beside the adding designs from the side sales, printing on different mediums (hoodies, etc) pose their own set of challenges. That's not an excuse, just a reality.

It's a drag, but please continue to let us know where we need to do better and we'll get there. In the early days of Shirt, we struggled with these things as well and it was the community that helped us improve. As always, Service will make sure we make it right.

ellegee


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
arryielle wrote:
My UnNinjas appear... fuzzy? They're just not as sharp as they're supposed to be, and the swimming ninja's eyes are barely pinpricks.


Notice the lack of black around the swords and the outlining for their heads is a bit off:




When my Unninja 3 arrived I put it in my closet and didn't pull it out to wear it until yesterday, when I noticed it looks just like this one, the white is off and the pupils and miniscule. Now I need to go look at my son's, he ran off with it so fast I didn't get a good look at it.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
joelterrific wrote:So the off-center is an issue we'd need to correct for sure. As for the 'sides' of the screen, you're actually seeing some residue from the tack that holds the shirt to the pallet for printing. I hate seeing that too and it always makes me nervous, but it will wash out. Thanks for the feedback. We know we've got some improvements to make with the new workload associated with the extra sales.



Im used to the sides of the screens showing on the darker shirts. It does wash off so it's no big deal. It was mostly to reference how the image isnt properly placed on the tee.

My main qualm comes from the size of the print. Sooo leeeettle. I think Ramy tends to make his designs on the smaller size, so if you shrink them, they get really super tiny.

thumperchick


quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
arryielle wrote:My Super Effective shirt is a WXL but has the men's size print on it :-(



My UnNinjas appear... fuzzy? They're just not as sharp as they're supposed to be, and the swimming ninja's eyes are barely pinpricks.


Notice the lack of black around the swords and the outlining for their heads is a bit off:


For comparison:
and



Well, it seems like mine wasn't the only one that was swimming blind and fuzzy. Did you contact service? If so, what did they say?

arryielle


quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
thumperchick wrote:Well, it seems like mine wasn't the only one that was swimming blind and fuzzy. Did you contact service? If so, what did they say?



Since they don't have any other Super Effectives, I got a full refund for it. They're sending me a new UN3 though. I must admit, Woot customer service has always impressed me! :-)

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

thumperchick


quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
arryielle wrote:Since they don't have any other Super Effectives, I got a full refund for it. They're sending me a new UN3 though. I must admit, Woot customer service has always impressed me! :-)



Wow. I had a surprisingly lackluster response this time. I'm glad they're making it right for you though.

*edit* I realized that I was still really frustrated that I didn't get any response to my 2nd email, so I just sent another one.

Raider9924


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

Today my "Unstealthiest Ninja 3" which I ordered before seeing this thread arrived. Seems like my copy is like the others with almost non-existent eyes with the white and black also being a bit off.



I have not e-mailed service since its pretty clear that the entire run was off so any replacement will likely have the same problems. My "Wet Slippery When" has been out of print so long that would be a lost cause. It's a real shame with the quality drop off. The problems seem to be occurring across all product line and various prints. Hopefully they get things straightened out shortly.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
joelterrific wrote:So the off-center is an issue we'd need to correct for sure. ...


That doesn't explain how/why the print was scaled down to 50% in the first place, however.

relonian


quality posts: 0 Private Messages relonian

Does receiving the wrong shirts in an order count as a quality control issue? I've already gotten a refund from Woot, but it's still a bit disappointing since I ordered a side sale shirt (Makin' Bread) and received a currently-printing shirt (Settler Cats.)

I guess I have to wait another few months for it to go back to print, or hope some (un)lucky dude got my shirts and wants to trade.

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
relonian wrote:Does receiving the wrong shirts in an order count as a quality control issue?


Yes - it's the QC of the picking and packaging department.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
neuropsychosocial wrote:I got home tonight to find a woot! shirt bag inside my door. Excitement! Let's see, which bag is it?



ApeLad asks, "What's wrong with this picture?" Okay, let's play: what's wrong with this picture:

(Length measurement)

Oh. Well, that's a huge disappointment. No pun intended. But at least the second copy of Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie that I was sent after the first one had significant errors will be printed correctly, right?
Oh. Nevermind. Exact same errors as last time: it's pretty clear that there was hair in the screen, which is just gross on top of incompetent.

So: I've ordered 13 Woot Plus items this year. One of them was okay. Twelve of them were not. That error rate is just absurd - and woot don't even seem to care. When's the last time that a staffer checked into this thread and let us know that they were still paying attention? I can't fathom how quality control has simply disappeared over the past seven months, but at this point: there's no quality control at shirt.woot, which means there's no quality at shirt.woot.




Do you know what the name of this shirt was/is? I can't stop thinking about it and wishing I had bought it!

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mibutterflywingz wrote:Do you know what the name of this shirt was/is? I can't stop thinking about it and wishing I had bought it!

I responded to your post in the Random thread.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

noxandpy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

/sigh

I just got my oodles of noodles print (ordered on my main account - which I've also had numerous print size problems on)... Women's small with GIANT men's sized print on it. I kinda want to cry. :'( Off to email service I suppose.
~Py

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
noxandpy wrote:/sigh
...


Indeed.

You would think that after 3+ weeks of being called out for such issues, the process to assure the right size screen for the right shirts would've been addressed already ...

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Adding my anecdotal comment, since the shirt in question is long reckoned, but my wife and daughter were wearing their Titanic Cricket shirts today, and I noticed that the AA Women's large was fine, but the anvil K10 had the giant print. I'm not going to bother with service since it's been so long, just adding a statistic to the mix.

move along

ellegee


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I hunted down my son's MM UnNinja 3 before I emailed about my messed up one and its print is perfect. My WL is off in the same way as the others pictured here, and so is my WL UnNinja 1 which I ordered from the side sale. There's a white line along one side of the flames and the eyes are blurry. My WL UnNinja 2 from the same side sale is slightly off on the light grey outline, everything has a double outline from the ink and from the shirt color showing through. I decided it wasn't noticable enough to write in about, and then I noticed it's the mens size print. These had been in my closet since they arrived so I hadn't had a close look at them yet.

I decided to look at my randoms from last time around since they're the only other shirts I haven't worn yet and sure enough, Playing Koi has the black ink way out of place, completely off the edge of the fish in some places.

On the plus side though, all of my other shirts are fine, so my percentage of errors isn't as high as some of you are getting.

thumperchick


quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

Update - Service is sending me a replacement for UN3. I'm really hoping for a better overall print. Though I still the image scale of the WXL should be the same as the men's sizing, since the chest width is similar now.

ellegee


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I just got an email that they'll be replacing my UnNinja shirts, but no mention of my messed up Playing Koi. I guess I'm out of luck on that one since it's been a while, I should've looked closer when I first opened it.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I just received my Random shirts in the mail: three Woot Plus/side sale shirts, WM on AA.

All three have men's-sized designs!

In addition to your radishes, I will take this
3X – S: 13” x 10.94”
WXL - K4: 9.75” x 8.2”
mine: 13" x 11"
For bonus points, the print is off-center, crooked, and the hem on the sleeve is unraveling.

Eatser Bunny
3X – S: 9” x 12.9”
WXL - K4: 6.75” x 9.68”
mine: 9" x 13"

Sub-Lime
3X – S: 10.5” x 9.78”
WXL - K4: 7.87” x 7.33”
(Because I previously received a Sub-Lime that was the wrong dimensions, I stuck the other two Randoms into these pictures to demonstrate that this was a new one)
mine: 10" x 10"

At this point, I honestly find this to be enormously funny. Woot has been printing shirts for five years and they're suddenly making these kinds of mistakes - not once, but regularly? (Well, my choices are to be crushed, as I expected that these would be my last woot shirts and I was looking forward to them, or to laugh. I'm shaking my head and laughing, but underneath that, it's really disappointing that quality has disappeared from shirt.woot. Totally cured me of wanting more woot shirts, gotta say!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Raider9924


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924
neuropsychosocial wrote:I just received my Random shirts in the mail: three Woot Plus/side sale shirts, WM on AA.

All three have men's-sized designs!

In addition to your radishes, I will take this
3X – S: 13” x 10.94”
WXL - K4: 9.75” x 8.2”
mine: 13" x 11"
For bonus points, the print is off-center, crooked, and the hem on the sleeve is unraveling.



Wow.... while the print errors they can once again say are caused by expansion and new products being offered causing confusion.... but the hem on the sleeve should have been caught. That is not just a little string hanging off in your picture.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thumperchick


quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

I just received my replacement of UN3. The lines are a little less fuzz, but my poor ninjas are still blind. Bummer.

Raider9924


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924
thumperchick wrote:I just received my replacement of UN3. The lines are a little less fuzz, but my poor ninjas are still blind. Bummer.



This is the exact reason I have yet to e-mail service about the one I received. I ordered it 1 week ago and mine is blind and a bit fuzzy. Figure any replacement will be the same. But since there has not been any staff acknowledgement of either of my shirts errors I will end up sending an e-mail just to make sure the proper people are notified.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

vielleicht


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

So I definitely received the wrong print size on my Emperor Penguin (12x11", roughly? should be 9x7ish"). I'm uploading photos to send to woot now.

Emperor Penguin height
Emperor Penguin width


But I can't tell if my Secret Love is wrong or not - it seems to measure about 10x8" which isn't the listed dimension for EITHER print (men's is 12x8.99", women's is 9x6.75"). Can anybody else with a Secret Love measure and confirm? Or should I just report this to Woot along with my Emperor Penguin? I mean, it's not definitively the wrong print, but it's definitely not the RIGHT print, either...

Secret Love height
Secret Love width

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
vielleicht wrote:Can anybody else with a Secret Love measure and confirm?

O hay! I have three copies (groan) of Secret Love due to printing errors. Let me go dig them up.

Okay, let's see: all three AA-tagged WM, print size... WOAH. You've got to be kidding me!


The middle shirt looks like all three of them ate Super Mushrooms.

So apparently I have two that are 7"x5.75" and one that is 9"x7.75". (Pictures of all four measurements in an album here.) Awesome. You'd think that - at some point - I'd just start measuring every shirt that arrived on my doorstep, but I continue to assume that woot's product will be acceptable, each and every time. Gracious! Seriously, can they not get anything right? (Now accepting bets on what will be wrong with my Binge mug!)

Service refunded my Random purchase, but I didn't get my $5 Jumbowoot coupon back. For the problems with the Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie, they offered a $5 coupon that turns out to be good only on shirt.woot, not any of the other woot sites (I tried to use it to buy a shirt form the kids' shirt side-sale). I don't want to buy anything else from shirt.woot! This is what, fifteen shirts that have arrived with significant defects alongside one or two without defects? Given the problems with the UnNinja hoodie - and all of the hours that I've now had to put into taking pictures/measurements to email to service - a $5 coupon limited to shirt.woot doesn't seem right. And I'd like my Jumbowoot coupon back, too!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

vielleicht


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
neuropsychosocial wrote:O hay! I have three copies (groan) of Secret Love due to printing errors. Let me go dig them up.



Thanks for the reply! Mine definitely looks like the middle one. So I'm guessing I should complain to Woot about that one too, huh? :\

If I may ask, what was the deal with the others? Looks like the left one was crooked? And the right was finally a good one?

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
vielleicht wrote:Thanks for the reply! Mine definitely looks like the middle one. So I'm guessing I should complain to Woot about that one too, huh? :\

If I may ask, what was the deal with the others? Looks like the left one was crooked? And the right was finally a good one?

The print "burned" through the shirt somehow, with ink on the inside of the shirt even. I posted more about it here, including links to pictures. (Sorry to link to my old post instead of directly to the images, but I'm in bed, coughing up a lung [I'm fine, just end-stage of a cold], and it's a pain to find/link to the images directly from my phone.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

vielleicht


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
neuropsychosocial wrote:The print "burned" through the shirt somehow, with ink on the inside of the shirt even. I posted more about it here, including links to pictures. (Sorry to link to my old post instead of directly to the images, but I'm in bed, coughing up a lung [I'm fine, just end-stage of a cold], and it's a pain to find/link to the images directly from my phone.)



Linking to your old post is just fine. I hope you feel better soon!

And wow, that's ridiculous. I hope you got everything sorted out in the end! (And I hope it doesn't take me three shirts to finally end up with a good one...)

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

finally got a chance to take a picture.
K10 on the left, WL on the right.

What's the likelihood they have any more kids sizes left?

move along