arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Sigh. My randoms came in today and, having ordered WXL I was expecting them to all come in on AA. Got 2/3 right. However, one of them has a slight hole in the collar, about 2 inches to the right of the tag - shouldn't be there and hopefully it won't cause any sort of unraveling problems. And you can see the edges of the screen on the other shirt.

On the plus side, my replacement UN3 was much better - the swords were actually properly outlined and the swimming ninja was much better (his pupils don't quite match each other though!).

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
arryielle wrote:[...] And you can see the edges of the screen on the other shirt.

It's hard to believe they could mix up AA/Anvil for women's sizes. Staff have commented that that will wash out so it's not a concern (so long as it actually does wash out!)

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Well my second set of UnNinja shirts arrived. Fire Ninja has faint grey fuzzy pupils, Snow Ninja is still the mens print on a WL shirt, Water Ninja has no pupils and blue ink overlapping the black. No replacement/refund/mention of my misprinted Playing Koi.
My first thought is to give them another chance to make it right before I post here again, but with all the others having problems also, I thought it should be here for the record. Email and photos sent, having faith in the lovely woot people to get it right this time.

Edit: I received a refund for UnNinjas 1 and 2 and for Playing Koi, and was given a choice of refund or replacement for UnNinja 3. Here's hoping the third time's the charm and they won't be blind this time!
For my UnNinja 1, has anybody tried Sharpie to make their little eye dots?

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

so I emailed them Friday about my wonky shirts. it is now midway through Tuesday, no response yet. how long does it usually take?

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
vielleicht wrote:so I emailed them Friday about my wonky shirts. it is now midway through Tuesday, no response yet. how long does it usually take?

Did you receive an auto-reply email stating they got your email? If not, you might want to try again.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
vielleicht wrote:so I emailed them Friday about my wonky shirts. it is now midway through Tuesday, no response yet. how long does it usually take?

I emailed last Tuesday, got my confirmation and had no response until I emailed them again yesterday.

Also just received my "Everything's Better With Chocolate" from the Caffiends side sale...women's small with a men's sized print on it. I have to wonder if ANYTHING is actually being done about these issues.

vielleicht

yep, got the auto reply. and there's nothing in my junk mail. :/

jezebelseven wrote:Did you receive an auto-reply email stating they got your email? If not, you might want to try again.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ladybugb wrote:Also just received my "Everything's Better With Chocolate" from the Caffiends side sale...women's small with a men's sized print on it. I have to wonder if ANYTHING is actually being done about these issues.

At this point? No, it doesn't seem like anything is being done.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Raider9924

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924
neuropsychosocial wrote:At this point? No, it doesn't seem like anything is being done.

If this doesn't bring some attention nothing will: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5089159&pageindex=1&replycount=11. Unfortunately in business more often then not problems are only addressed when profits drop and solutions are looked for. I have a bad feeling that until sales drop similar problems will persist but the problem is you usually do not get back the customers you have lost by then.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ladybugb

neuropsychosocial wrote:At this point? No, it doesn't seem like anything is being done.

What I don't get is this - why don't they just stop advertising that they have two different print sizes? They obviously don't - but by continuing to advertise that there are two different print sizes based on shirt size, they're setting themselves up for us to be unhappy when we receive our shirts.

Don't get me wrong - I want them to fix this AT THE PRINTING END, but since that obviously isn't a priority, why not stop pretending that there are two print sizes to begin with. Then they wouldn't have to send out new shirts (that seem to always have the exact same problem).

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
ladybugb wrote:What I don't get is this - why don't they just stop advertising that they have two different print sizes? They obviously don't - but by continuing to advertise that there are two different print sizes based on shirt size, they're setting themselves up for us to be unhappy when we receive our shirts.

Don't get me wrong - I want them to fix this AT THE PRINTING END, but since that obviously isn't a priority, why not stop pretending that there are two print sizes to begin with. Then they wouldn't have to send out new shirts (that seem to always have the exact same problem).

Quality in general is no longer a priority at shirt.woot. Speaking only about the woot side of things and not about the artists.

neuropsychosocial

trekmiss wrote:Quality in general is no longer a priority at shirt.woot. Speaking only about the woot side of things and not about the artists.

It must be cheaper for woot to keep giving refunds than to fix the problem; I can't figure out why else these problems - which are mostly fairly straightforward and for the most common problem, only require the matching of M/W/K's screens to M/W/K's blanks - are continuing and even accelerating.

The alternative, of course, is that the printing department is simply understaffed/overwhelmed, and the bottom-line profits demanded by amazon don't allow for additional staff or sufficient time/post-production quality checks. I think we're witnessing a change of corporate ethos from "quality and deals" to "bottom line."

ladybugb

I'm sure Justin at CS is ready to kill me right about now. He answered my Noodles email (from last week) yesterday, my Everything's Better with Chocolate email (from today), and I'm about to email about Well Done...which ALSO arrive with a men's print. 3 shirts in 2 weeks. I don't even...

If you're reading this Justin...I'm sorry.

ellegee

I was really disappointed to get refunds instead of replacements for UnNinja 1 and 2 but I accepted it since they are out of print. Seems like maybe they need to take a day or two break from printing new dailies and go back and reprint these side sale mistakes if it's a matter of not having the printer time.

vielleicht

So I still didn't get a response from them by the end of business today, so I emailed them again. Got TWO auto-responses off that one email. Now I have THREE case numbers, and not a single actual reply yet.

If I don't hear from them by the end of business tomorrow, what should I do? :|

amensia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amensia
LaVikinga wrote:Edit---And NOW after posting my comment I see goldenthorn's photos of the shirt. Yep. That's exactly what mine looks like!

Mine too!

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Mistakes will be made, but I assure you we take the issues seriously and will do what it takes to make sure quality is a top priority. Here's what I'm actively looking at:

1) Print sizes vs what is stated on the site.
2) General QC - confirming prints are in register, centered and crisp.
3) Communication regarding the blanks used in production. Trust me, I'm looking forward to the day when we don't have to distinguish between the two blanks. It's confusing.
4) Service response time. We should be responding within a reasonable amount of time. Keep in mind, some email fall prey to anti-spam, but we need to make sure we keep you all in the loop.

If I've missed anything let me know.

vielleicht

joelterrific wrote:
4) Service response time. We should be responding within a reasonable amount of time. Keep in mind, some email fall prey to anti-spam, but we need to make sure we keep you all in the loop.

just so I know what to expect, what is a "reasonable amount of time"? it's been several days and I've got three case numbers somehow, but so far no actual response. how long should I be prepared to wait? just curious. thanks!

ellegee

joelterrific wrote:Mistakes will be made, but I assure you we take the issues seriously and will do what it takes to make sure quality is a top priority. Here's what I'm actively looking at:

1) Print sizes vs what is stated on the site.
2) General QC - confirming prints are in register, centered and crisp.
3) Communication regarding the blanks used in production. Trust me, I'm looking forward to the day when we don't have to distinguish between the two blanks. It's confusing.

Any chance of reprinting UnNinjas 1 and 2? I now have two wonky copies of each and a refund, but what I really want is the shirts.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I am curious, are you suposed to get an automated response when you contact woot via the "Write Us" page? One that lets you know that your enquiry got through? It seems odd not to have gotten one. Makes a person wonder if the message just floated out into the 'net somewhere, never to be seen again.

Anyway, I got the wrong shirt. I don't mean the wrong size, I mean the wrong shirt. It is in thecorrect size, so it can be worn, it's just that it's "Color Outside the Lines" not "Fleshwound".

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
loridi wrote:I am curious, are you suposed to get an automated response when you contact woot via the "Write Us" page? One that lets you know that your enquiry got through? It seems odd not to have gotten one. Makes a person wonder if the message just floated out into the 'net somewhere, never to be seen again.

Yes, you will get a confirmation email with a case number. Usually within a few hours, sometimes up to a day. If you don't see it, check your junk email, if it's not there, write again. Once you get the confirmation email, you should have a response within about 2 days (longer during/immediately after woot-offs.) If you don't get that, write again.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

trekmiss

joelterrific wrote:Trust me, I'm looking forward to the day when we don't have to distinguish between the two blanks.

I'm not. That means there will be nothing left worth buying here. Unless, of course, you mean you are going back to higher quality shirt blanks. Blank quality is something you really need to look into. Shrinking more than 3 inches after 1 wash is not acceptable!

neuropsychosocial

trekmiss wrote:That means there will be nothing left worth buying here.

We've heard about problems with t-shirts, hoodies, and tank tops. We've heard about men's-sized designs showing up on women's blanks and kids' blanks. We've heard about women's-sized designs showing up on men's shirts. We've heard about a smaller-than-kids'-sized design showing up on an adult blank. We've heard about designs being printed on sleeves. We've heard about double-prints, half-prints, and misprints. We've heard about prints that land on sleeves. We've heard about people receiving the wrong shirts or the wrong sizes. We've heard about shirts purchased on Anvil showing up on AA, shirts purchased on AA showed up on AA, and Randoms purchased on AA showing up as Anvil.

There's plenty of excellent designs by the artists that are worth buying, but I have zero confidence in woot's ability to print it, pack it, or ship it correctly. If my mug ever ships - two weeks late so far! - I suspect that woot will somehow have managed to mess that up!

trekmiss

neuropsychosocial wrote:We've heard about problems with t-shirts, hoodies, and tank tops. We've heard about men's-sized designs showing up on women's blanks and kids' blanks. We've heard about women's-sized designs showing up on men's shirts. We've heard about a smaller-than-kids'-sized design showing up on an adult blank. We've heard about designs being printed on sleeves. We've heard about double-prints, half-prints, and misprints. We've heard about prints that land on sleeves. We've heard about people receiving the wrong shirts or the wrong sizes. We've heard about shirts purchased on Anvil showing up on AA, shirts purchased on AA showed up on AA, and Randoms purchased on AA showing up as Anvil.

There's plenty of excellent designs by the artists that are worth buying, but I have zero confidence in woot's ability to print it, pack it, or ship it correctly. If my mug ever ships - two weeks late so far! - I suspect that woot will somehow have managed to mess that up!

I agree that there are still excellent designs, but I cannot buy them on poor quality blanks, with poor quality printing. Too bad for the artists, but I need wearable shirts if I'm going to spend the money.

neuropsychosocial

trekmiss wrote:I agree that there are still excellent designs, but I cannot buy them on poor quality blanks, with poor quality printing. Too bad for the artists, but I need wearable shirts if I'm going to spend the money.

I absolutely agree with you - although I think my skepticism goes farther than yours. My apologies if it was not sufficiently clear that I was agreeing with you - and trying to extend your point. I wanted to say, "There's nothing worth buying anymore," but wanted to clarify that there are designs worth buying, just nothing to buy them on.

trekmiss

neuropsychosocial wrote:I absolutely agree with you - although I think my skepticism goes farther than yours. My apologies if it was not sufficiently clear that I was agreeing with you - and trying to extend your point. I wanted to say, "There's nothing worth buying anymore," but wanted to clarify that there are designs worth buying, just nothing to buy them on.

I understood what you were saying, and just wanted to clarify that I agreed with you that the designs themselves are not the issue.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle

Gosh darn it, I have finally joined the ranks of quality control problems. Bought the wrong size Anvil on Unstealthy Ninja 3 and shirt.woot were awesome and sent me a replacement size. It finally turned up today, I was so excited. Then I realised I could put my finger through the left shoulder *Sigh*

Also, my original WXL had a men's print, though my new WM does have a womens. Unfortunately though, the womens print is just as bad on mine as everyone has been saying. The grey layer has had the tshirt shifted slightly so half my ninjas have double lines, and like everyone else, my poor drowning ninja only has one pupil.

Also, Woot seriously need to consider the possibility that now the women's larger anvils are similar in size to the mens, that some of the womens sizes should have mens prints on them, because the womens prints are just dwarfed and look ridiculous.

Also... here, have some photos ^_^

No pupils, double lines on the two top right ninjas where the grey slipped, and the farthest right ninja's sword highlight is printed in the water, not in the sword space

Look how stupidly tiny the women's print is compared to the shirt. I mean seriously, it just looks ridiculous. Men's prints on some of the women's sizes please!

ellegee

Sadly, copy #3 of UnNinja 3 arrived today and is still misprinted. BUT, Artichokey and As You Wish also arrived today and look completely awesome

ladybugb

I received my replacement Oodles of Noodles today. Properly printed. Thanks woot!
I still have Everything's Better with Chocolate on it's way. Justin and I decided to see how that came out before we ordered a replacement of Well Done as well.

vielleicht

lilsquiggle wrote:Men's prints on some of the women's sizes please!

Honestly, I'd love to see MS/WS/Kx all print with the smaller graphic, and anything larger print with the larger graphic.

I have to order MS now because WS is too short, and the prints always look really stupid because they're so big (and I'd wager a guess that it honestly wouldn't look much better even if I were a boy - the print is just HUGE).

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

And today my 2nd replacement of UN3 came today! It's better. My Un-Ninja is still blind in one eye. I give up. Does no one look at these as they come off the line? Because it's strange to have this many shirts with print errors and have no one catch it/stop it.

This was the first and sadly, last Anvil print I've purchased for myself. I caved and figured for this design I would try the new, costlier, un-USA-made shirts... but nope. Which means that today's shirt (which would have been an instant buy on AA) will be yet another that I don't buy.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
thumperchick wrote:And today my 2nd replacement of UN3 came today! It's better. My Un-Ninja is still blind in one eye. I give up.

Time to get a sharpie?

ellegee

Since I had three blind copies of Un3, and two of Un1, I figured I'd try a sharpie on one, and it worked pretty well!

lilsquiggle

vielleicht wrote:Honestly, I'd love to see MS/WS/Kx all print with the smaller graphic, and anything larger print with the larger graphic.

I have to order MS now because WS is too short, and the prints always look really stupid because they're so big (and I'd wager a guess that it honestly wouldn't look much better even if I were a boy - the print is just HUGE).

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Small prints on small tshirts and large prints on larger tshirts. Man, we are onto something here. If only shirt.woot had thought of that XD

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants

We think we have figured out the cause of the wrong print size ending up on shirts. We've addressed the issue, and hopefully it should no longer occur.

We have confirmation from Customer Service that they try to get back to all emails within 48 hours. If you're waiting longer than that, please check your spam folder, then send a follow-up email if necessary.

Regarding off-center or off-register prints, and manufacturing flaws in the tees themselves - all shirts are individually checked at the end of the production run. We have humans checking the shirts, and sometimes they miss things. They try to catch as many issues as possible, but if something gets by them, please contact customer service and they'll be happy to help.

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
lilsquiggle wrote:Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Small prints on small tshirts and large prints on larger tshirts. Man, we are onto something here. If only shirt.woot had thought of that XD

Men's Small shirts used to have the smaller design on them, but people complained. Imagine that!

EDIT: We are considering changing up the print sizes on some of the larger women's sizes, depending on the design. We'll post the design size as it relates to the tee size on the site (like always).

trekmiss

ProfHotpants wrote:We think we have figured out the cause of the wrong print size ending up on shirts. We've addressed the issue, and hopefully it should no longer occur.

We have confirmation from Customer Service that they try to get back to all emails within 48 hours. If you're waiting longer than that, please check your spam folder, then send a follow-up email if necessary.

Regarding off-center or off-register prints, and manufacturing flaws in the tees themselves - all shirts are individually checked at the end of the production run. We have humans checking the shirts, and sometimes they miss things. They try to catch as many issues as possible, but if something gets by them, please contact customer service and they'll be happy to help.

Can you address the giant neck holes and horrible shrinkage issues?

lilsquiggle

ProfHotpants wrote:Men's Small shirts used to have the smaller design on them, but people complained. Imagine that!

EDIT: We are considering changing up the print sizes on some of the larger women's sizes, depending on the design. We'll post the design size as it relates to the tee size on the site (like always).

Ahaha, yeah what is it with people and complaining. Sometimes you'd almost think there's always gonna be something wrong...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ProfHotpants wrote:We think we have figured out the cause of the wrong print size ending up on shirts. We've addressed the issue, and hopefully it should no longer occur.

"We have identified the offending parties and sent them to work in customer service as penance, because firing them would let them off easy"

move along

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
trekmiss wrote:Can you address the giant neck holes and horrible shrinkage issues?

I would stay away from vampire bats and avoid swimming in cold water. ;)

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?