ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

captchrista wrote:yes and they also sent the wrong size but only responded once. and was too late to get another the shirt was already reckoned. i orded a womens and they send a mens...and yes i checked the tag and they actually did send a mens by mistake..i have sent two more to service woot but no reply...i have purchased more shirts than i can count and really disappointed in the lack of customer service over this item.

Did you get an automated reply back to your email? Sometimes the Interwebs seem to eat up email. Regardless, please do email in again so they can make this right.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
captchrista wrote:yes and they also sent the wrong size but only responded once. and was too late to get another the shirt was already reckoned. i orded a womens and they send a mens...and yes i checked the tag and they actually did send a mens by mistake..i have sent two more to service woot but no reply...i have purchased more shirts than i can count and really disappointed in the lack of customer service over this item.

Sorry for the communication delay. I only show that we've received one email since the initial one that we responded to already. The other email was sent 8/23. You should have a response with a resolution shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:Here is my haunted robot (click for full size).
Should I be concerned?

That's how mine looks too. Maybe a little more cyan in the beams, but not much.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

cdrewlow wrote:That's how mine looks too. Maybe a little more cyan in the beams, but not much.

Yep, I received my replacement shirt (again, thanks so much to Tyler in service!) and, while it has marginally more blue than my original, it does look pretty much the same as j5's photo. It's just the way the design officially printed, I guess. I don't think any reprint/replacement will look any better or different than what we have/what we've seen.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
goldenthorn wrote:Yep, I received my replacement shirt (again, thanks so much to Tyler in service!) and, while it has marginally more blue than my original, it does look pretty much the same as j5's photo. It's just the way the design officially printed, I guess. I don't think any reprint/replacement will look any better or different than what we have/what we've seen.

So it goes. It's still a cool shirt and I'm glad I bought it. Thanks for the update.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
ThunderThighs wrote:Did you get an automated reply back to your email? Sometimes the Interwebs seem to eat up email. Regardless, please do email in again so they can make this right.

I think service may be a little backed up. I sent an email and got my automated reply 4 days ago with no further follow up. Normally the turnaround is less than 24 hours, so it could be they are just swamped right now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

trekmiss wrote:I think service may be a little backed up. I sent an email and got my automated reply 4 days ago with no further follow up. Normally the turnaround is less than 24 hours, so it could be they are just swamped right now.

Go ahead and send another email. It seems like email gets eaten or something at our end. Stupid servers.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

nhes90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhes90

So... since when are Woot shirts being made in Nicaragua? :/

ThunderThighs

Staff

nhes90 wrote:So... since when are Woot shirts being made in Nicaragua? :/

We changed to Anvil blanks back in February. That link will take you to the thread for the discussion.

FORUM MODERATOR

nhes90

ThunderThighs wrote:We changed to Anvil blanks back in February. That link will take you to the thread for the discussion.

Isn't that Honduras? This Nicaragua shirts do itchy

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Admittedly, I'm running a little late to the party (was away on holiday for a couple of weeks), but want to note that my Haunted Robot also shows the blurry/fuzzy halftones several others have exhibited. I'm beyond expecting any kind of fix from Woot at this point. Made a rare exception to pick up a shirt by two of my all-time favourites, but for the most part, I think I'm done with Woot ...

ThunderThighs

Staff

endangeredomega wrote:Admittedly, I'm running a little late to the party (was away on holiday for a couple of weeks), but want to note that my Haunted Robot also shows the blurry/fuzzy halftones several others have exhibited. I'm beyond expecting any kind of fix from Woot at this point. Made a rare exception to pick up a shirt by two of my all-time favourites, but for the most part, I think I'm done with Woot ...

Please do email service@woot.com with links to pics of your shirt. You can host the pictures at an online site such as imgur.com or tinypic.com.

FORUM MODERATOR

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
j5 wrote:Don't forget those who's prints are not fine, and they are not posting, and those who's prints are just fine and are posting, and those who's prints are... I guess that covers it.
The only way to really know the extent of errors is to pull reports from the service side. Hopefully that's being done.

I'm one of the few vocal people who don't mind the Anvil shirts (I dislike AA as a company, for one thing), find them pleasantly soft, and am not bothered by the sizing differences.

As such, I don't go over all my purchases (and I have made a number of them, as 'woots purchased' numbers do not appear to include side sale numbers, and I've bought a number of side sale items in the last few months) with a fine toothed comb looking for mistakes, or really glance at them other than to throw them on after my shower in the morning.

I did have an odd feeling the other day as I brushed my teeth and glanced at my shirt in the mirror. The print seemed off; like the print was just a bit lower on one side than on the other. I chalked it up to my imagination, but vowed to measure it when I got home, since it was the first time I felt maybe my print was off a bit. Problem is I didn't, and now I can't recall which shirt it was, since I wear woot shirts to work almost every day. I remember it was a side sale shirt, but other than that I'm drawing a blank. I doubt I will remember until the next time I wear said shirt, which could be months with how infrequently I re-wear a shirt due to owning so many.

My point is, basically, with regards to misprinted shirts, there are a) people who are diligent about looking for mistakes/QC problems, b) those who are completely unwitting of mistakes/QC problems, and c) people who are aware but are not great about investigating or pursing mistakes.

I'm in that latter category. I can say, however, that somewhere in the region of 70-100 shirts, by my estimate, I have been fairly satisfied with the products I've received. Enough to assume that the perceived 'misprint' was just me looking at the shirt askance, rather than the shirt being a dud. If the print was crooked, no one bothered to point it out (and I work with a bunch of teenagers, who are not known for holding their tongues about such things).

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
margiecakes wrote:I'm in that latter category. I can say, however, that somewhere in the region of 70-100 shirts, by my estimate, I have been fairly satisfied with the products I've received. Enough to assume that the perceived 'misprint' was just me looking at the shirt askance, rather than the shirt being a dud. If the print was crooked, no one bothered to point it out (and I work with a bunch of teenagers, who are not known for holding their tongues about such things).

I too have been mostly satisfied - largely very satisfied - with most of my shirts, enough so that when my side sale shirts started arriving and didn't fit across my bust, I assumed that I must have gained weight and went on a diet: I trusted woot shirts over my own perception of my body. I can't remember what made me measure the first one (maybe it was the shirt whose print extended onto the arms?), but honestly, I assumed the problem was with me, not with the shirts, for months and months (February to late June) - despite the fact that the rest of my clothing and all my woot shirts except the new ones fit just fine, and despite the fact that I'm actually a fairly tiny person.

If I didn't believe so strongly in woot shirts and in the quality of the majority of my shirts, I wouldn't have started this thread. Woot can do better than they've been doing over the past seven months - and it sounds like some of the problems are starting to get solved. We're not there yet, but I'm confident that shirt.woot is capable of returning to its performance during the days when we could open a bag knowing that the print inside was of the highest quality.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

endangeredomega

ThunderThighs wrote:Please do email service@woot.com with links to pics of your shirt. You can host the pictures at an online site such as imgur.com or tinypic.com.

This would be great if a) I had access to a camera, and b) I had any faith whatsoever in Woot's ability to rectify the problem. Based on the responses so far, the best I can expect is a second poorly-printed shirt. ;)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
endangeredomega wrote:This would be great if a) I had access to a camera, and b) I had any faith whatsoever in Woot's ability to rectify the problem. Based on the responses so far, the best I can expect is a second poorly-printed shirt. ;)

Do you have a cell phone? Although getting the picture from your phone to your computer might be tricky, depending on the phone. Woot has offered refunds in some cases, especially if a shirt has been Reckoned and is no longer available, although most people prefer a replacement shirt since (after all), we purchased the shirt because we wanted it!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
neuropsychosocial wrote:Do you have a cell phone? Although getting the picture from your phone to your computer might be tricky, depending on the phone. Woot has offered refunds in some cases, especially if a shirt has been Reckoned and is no longer available, although most people prefer a replacement shirt since (after all), we purchased the shirt because we wanted it!

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that, what with cell phones these days doing everything but make clear calls, EO means "i have no camera including a working phone camera, or else my phone camera is useless for this particular issue". He is not a stupid man. Unless he had an unfortunate run in with a horse over the last year. If so, brutal, and sorry to hear it.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
endangeredomega wrote:Admittedly, I'm running a little late to the party (was away on holiday for a couple of weeks), but want to note that my Haunted Robot also shows the blurry/fuzzy halftones several others have exhibited. I'm beyond expecting any kind of fix from Woot at this point. Made a rare exception to pick up a shirt by two of my all-time favourites, but for the most part, I think I'm done with Woot ...

Hey Endangeredomega,

For what it's worth, I think the tee is still successful so I hope you still like it. I've worn mine three times since it arrived and I think it's my favorite tee right now. I'm not trying to let woot off the hook- I agree with the general sentiment that quality control has been a huge issue for the past couple of months, but it has seemed to gotten better lately. I honestly think what we (actually me b/c I put the ghosts in the people, not E) asked them to do with those ghosts in the people was really pushing the limits of screen printing (as was the tiny, tiny half tones in the colors of the bot), but more importantly the rest of the design is so cool that I still marvel at the overall concept, the great colors, the way Edgar blended the colors in the bot (the blue + yellow make a gorgeous aqua), and the design's cool patterns and scale. So, in short, woot has def had some issues, but I don't think this shirt really typifies them and is still a cool shirt that I really like (including the vagueness of the blue ghosts).

Shirt.woot let me pick what I wanted for my previously unprinted tee and I chose this one, so even though a part of it didn't print as planned, the vast majority of it did and it printed really well, so please don't throw the baby robot out with the bathwater.

(BTW, I'm not trying to defend the shirt or anything or tell you or anybody else here they're wrong to dislike the way it printed, I just wanted to do my best to point out that the discrepancy between comp and final print in this particular design doesn't really bother me too much, so I hope people still enjoy the design like I do).

-R

nhes90

endangeredomega wrote:This would be great if a) I had access to a camera, and b) I had any faith whatsoever in Woot's ability to rectify the problem. Based on the responses so far, the best I can expect is a second poorly-printed shirt. ;)

How in this day and age does someone not have access to some sort of camera

nhes90

I mean hell theres a 90% chance your computer has a camera nowadays

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I swear after I unpack my last two boxes I'm going to have to go through every woot shirt I bought. This one is crooked, I'll have to check the rest. I don't really care about a replacement because if I did get it reprinted it would come on an anvil blank so I don't really want one. Just posting another issue to the QC thread.

Just so you know this came in a random purchased 2 randoms ago.

Edited the picture. there's still a little slack but it's better than it was before.

voodoowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voodoowing

So I just received my new random Woot! shirts that I buy regularly. The first wash took the entire bottom hem out of my kid's shirt. I know Woot! says they wouldn't use another brand if it wasn't comparable or equal to the quality of the old shirts, but I don't see it. This never happened when Woot! used their old shirt supplier. Just my two cents.

endangeredomega

Robbie - I still absolutely love the design, and will probably continue to wear it regularly. All due love & respect to yourself and Edgar; it was fab enough to prompt my first Woot purchase in a number of months. Some of the issues you mentioned (tricky halftones, etc.) are a large part of why I don't see much point in contacting Woot for a replacement; it's unlikely to come out any differently a second time, if their printing capabilities can only go so far.

I'll likely continue to support the designs and designers I enjoy, though sadly, most of them seem to have already abandoned ship. However, it is frustrating and disappointing that (ill-fitting Anvil blanks aside) I can no longer rely on Woot to reliably provide a quality print that appears as-advertised. "Haunted Robot" is an admittedly complex design to print. Many of the others I've seen featured in this thread shouldn't be so very hard to get right. -_-

Adder - my thanks for the vote of confidence. No, I've not encountered any horses of late, though my sister's anxiety-ridden, psychotic attack-cat did try to remove my foot at the ankle last week. It was brutal, and rather bloody, but my mental faculties remain intact.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
voodoowing wrote:So I just received my new random Woot! shirts that I buy regularly. The first wash took the entire bottom hem out of my kid's shirt. I know Woot! says they wouldn't use another brand if it wasn't comparable or equal to the quality of the old shirts, but I don't see it. This never happened when Woot!used their old shirt supplier. Just my two cents.

Please be sure to mail in to service@woot.com - if you have pictures it is best to send links to hosted pictures (such as on flickr, or a personal website) instead of attachments.

I'm just hanging out, really.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

So I finally decided to look closer at my Too Many Cooks and discovered that the image is actually too small, along with the white not having printed correctly. I wear it very little because it doesn't quite fit right, it's shrunk and it just doesn't quite look right. Glad I measured it though too!

I'm so glad they're reprinting this design though because I love it!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

Did anyone else order Never Give a Narwhal a Library Card from the Back to School side sale? When I got mine a couple weeks ago, I thought the colors looked different from what I'd seen on screen, but I chalked it up to monitor color differences or something. But now checking out this thread, I'm wondering if it may have actually printed incorrectly.

Here's Woot's preview:

And here's my shirt:

I really like the cooler tones of the Woot preview, where the narwhal looks much more gray... on my shirt he's more of a murky brownish-but-not color. And the greens and purples of the books look a lot less muted so they don't coordinate with the baby blue blank as much. Is this just how this shirt looks in print, or is mine an error?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
CowboyDann wrote:

I swear after I unpack my last two boxes I'm going to have to go through every woot shirt I bought. This one is crooked, I'll have to check the rest. I don't really care about a replacement because if I did get it reprinted it would come on an anvil blank so I don't really want one. Just posting another issue to the QC thread.

Just so you know this came in a random purchased 2 randoms ago.

It looks like you've got the shirt twisted in that picture. Does it look crooked when you wear it?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
orabbit wrote:It looks like you've got the shirt twisted in that picture. Does it look crooked when you wear it?

yes, that's why I took it off and put on a different shirt after feeling like an brainiac wearing a crooked shirt for the first half of the day.

Put it on, fresh out of the dirty laundry pile!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

CowboyDann wrote:yes, that's why I took it off and put on a different shirt after feeling like an brainiac wearing a crooked shirt for the first half of the day.

I believe that it's crooked--no snark or suspicion on that. But when you're providing a photo to illustrate the crookedness of the design, it would be better to lay the shirt itself straight unrippled. The shirt in your photo is so twisted and foldy that it's hard to tell if the design is crooked or just the shirt. Heh, I keep having to scroll quickly past the photo because I'm just yearning to reach through the screen and pick up the shirt by the shoulders and snap it in the air to make it lay properly. Or straighten out that one large fold, at the least!

wolfmoony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfmoony
neuropsychosocial wrote:(large post trimmed)

I really don't like the new Women's sizes, I used to wear a Women's medium with the old sizes and it used to be a tight fit, but the women's medium now is too long and too large, I resorted to ordering a men's small in size.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
wolfmoony wrote:I really don't like the new Women's sizes, I used to wear a Women's medium with the old sizes and it used to be a tight fit, but the women's medium now is too long and too large, I resorted to ordering a men's small in size.

This thread is for QC issues, or shirt mis-prints, etc. For concerns about the Anvil blanks, sizing, etc. Please go HERE or HERE. Thanks.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
februarystar27 wrote:Is this just how this shirt looks in print, or is mine an error?

Those print colors look really off. I'd call that a misprint.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
thumperchick wrote:Those print colors look really off. I'd call that a misprint.

Thanks! I'll shoot customer service an email.

Raider9924

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raider9924

This weekend I wore my Star Powered shirt for the first time and 3 different people commented that it was printed off center. It appears to only be an inch or so off center however, since placement is important with this design it is very noticeable. This now makes 3 of the 4 shirts I have purchased since the blank switch have been misprinted (womens print on mens shirt and blurred print previously). I have yet to wear the 4th so I will have to take a closer look to see if that shirt has a problem. I will be contacting service now, however since 2 of the 3 shirts are out of print I doubt any help can be given. The 3rd I had not contacted as there were still many reports of misprints on replacement Un-Ninja 3's but as they seem to have slowed down maybe the issues with that shirt have now been solved.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

I bought a "Ding Dong!" shirt to replace my very first woot shirt, which got a bleach stain on the front of it. The fabric is definitely not as soft as the old AA shirt is, and it fit "bulkier" if that makes sense - guess I didn't notice on the other Anvils I've bought because it wasn't the same shirt. But the thing that bothers me the most - this was my FAVORITE shirt, and I was ecstatic when it was reprinted in a side sale so I could replace it... but the ink is totally different. The original shirt's ink was never stiff. The new shirt looks like a cheap screenprinted shirt you'd buy from a dude at the swap meet or a county fair. It is very thick and stiff, and I know that it's going to get cracked and peel as I wear it. I'm very disappointed.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Raider9924 wrote:This weekend I wore my Star Powered shirt for the first time and 3 different people commented that it was printed off center.

I came here to post the same thing, I bought star power for two of my sons and just noticed as I did the laundry that they are both printed off center. Don't know how I missed it before, I guess cause they've each only worn it once.

inkycatz

ellegee wrote:I came here to post the same thing, I bought star power for two of my sons and just noticed as I did the laundry that they are both printed off center. Don't know how I missed it before, I guess cause they've each only worn it once.

You may want to shoot service@woot.com an email about that.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
tabbyfoo wrote:I bought a "Ding Dong!" shirt to replace my very first woot shirt, which got a bleach stain on the front of it. The fabric is definitely not as soft as the old AA shirt is, and it fit "bulkier" if that makes sense - guess I didn't notice on the other Anvils I've bought because it wasn't the same shirt. But the thing that bothers me the most - this was my FAVORITE shirt, and I was ecstatic when it was reprinted in a side sale so I could replace it... but the ink is totally different. The original shirt's ink was never stiff. The new shirt looks like a cheap screenprinted shirt you'd buy from a dude at the swap meet or a county fair. It is very thick and stiff, and I know that it's going to get cracked and peel as I wear it. I'm very disappointed.

I just took a picture of them both, and would like to share it with you.

Now that I have them side-by-side, the color is totally different, too. I don't mind that the green is brighter, but I wish the brown wasn't so cheezy-looking. Ding dongs aren't that color, they're dark like the brown on the first shirt.

deuce017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deuce017

I just received my "The One Shirt" and can't help but notice the image (which is a shirt) is off-centered, image is closer to the left seam than the right seam (2.25" gap on the right, 1.25" gap on the left). I know this is an error because my friend bought one (which is centered) and linked me to this shirt here on w00t!

I really like this shirt and want to wear it for when The Hobbit movie is released, but not if it looks weird. I've sent a message regarding this to Support, so I hope they can send me a replacement that has a centered image.

inkycatz

deuce017 wrote:I just received my "The One Shirt" and can't help but notice the image (which is a shirt) is off-centered, image is closer to the left seam than the right seam (2.25" gap on the right, 1.25" gap on the left). I know this is an error because my friend bought one (which is centered) and linked me to this shirt here on w00t!

I really like this shirt and want to wear it for when The Hobbit movie is released, but not if it looks weird. I've sent a message regarding this to Support, so I hope they can send me a replacement that has a centered image.

We gave them a heads up to your issue.