orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

This is way off-center, right? It looked really weird when I put it on. I emailed service, but I just wanted to make sure this isn't what it's supposed to look like.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
orabbit wrote:This is way off-center, right?

I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, but the design appears to be off-center in your picture (using the tag as the midline of the shirt), and the page for Money Changes Everything says that the design is centered.

I give the new print manager and staff credit: we've heard nothing about registration problems or incorrect design sizes in quite a while. It seems like some prints are showing up off-center, but I have no doubt that it too will be corrected - although that does not diminish how much it stinks for you that yours is off-center! I know how disappointed I was when my shirts arrived with print errors.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

deuce017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deuce017

My "The One Shirt" also arrived with the image off-centered to the left seam like your shirt is. Hope Woot can do something to correct it.

orabbit wrote:This is way off-center, right? It looked really weird when I put it on. I emailed service, but I just wanted to make sure this isn't what it's supposed to look like.

deuce017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deuce017

Thank you for your help!

inkycatz wrote:We gave them a heads up to your issue.

Narfcake

quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:I give the new print manager and staff credit: we've heard nothing about registration problems or incorrect design sizes in quite a while. ...

Indeed. Kudos for getting those issues resolved, as such affects ALL printed shirts.

There still seems to be some ink color mixing issues, but that hasn't been a widespread issue. More care does need to be taken here, though, as any issues will also affect all prints.

Off-center/crooked prints are considered one-off, as it's dependent on the blank shirt being loaded on the platen.

I'm not completely excusing all the issues, but quality heading back in the right direction is a good one.

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

I just got my koozies.

Dystopia Dark Lager and
Posthumous Pale Ale came out very well. Clean, readable designs, printed on both sides, centered (based on seam) and had a woot '!' on the bottom!

JovobeniNoir was less than stellar.

(shirt art for reference)
The print is blurry, off center from the seam, and unlike the other two - did not have a nifty woot '!' on the bottom.

And seeing the pictures, it's hard to tell what I'm talking about. But next to the other two - Jovobeni just doesn't look as good.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thumperchick wrote:
JovobeniNoir was less than stellar.

As always, we recommend flinging an email with kind words of concern about your issue to support@woot.com to see what's up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

thumperchick wrote:I just got my koozies.
*snipped*

Wow, after seeing your post, I pulled out mine (two sets that I received yesterday) and really looked at them. My Jovobeni Noir, too, printed very roughly/blurry. One is off-center. And neither has the woot logo on the bottom. To support I, too, shall be writing now.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I just noticed that my It Came Out of Nowhere remix is off center and a little slanted. Because of the asymmetry of the design it's not a big deal, but still, thought you'd want to know.

thumperchick

inkycatz wrote:As always, we recommend flinging an email with kind words of concern about your issue to support@woot.com to see what's up.

Email is Flung (flinged?).

goldenthorn wrote:Wow, after seeing your post, I pulled out mine (two sets that I received yesterday) and really looked at them. My Jovobeni Noir, too, printed very roughly/blurry. One is off-center. And neither has the woot logo on the bottom. To support I, too, shall be writing now.

Thanks GT. I was wondering if I was just nit-picking.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
thumperchick wrote:Thanks GT. I was wondering if I was just nit-picking.

Same issue with my koozie, which I hadn't noticed until you pointed them out.

that was fun while it lasted!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

On the left is from the first print run of "Ill-Gotten Trinkets", on the right is from the recent plus-sale reprint. Completely different new ink color. (The old color is the accurate one.)

I'm always sure to use solid pantone colors in my designs because I thought that guided the printers into knowing what mixture of ink colors to use. Is that not how it works now?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Oh wow! That's terrible!

Look at it this way though, you now own a very rare version of your design ;)

kinzoku wrote:
On the left is from the first print run of "Ill-Gotten Trinkets", on the right is from the recent plus-sale reprint. Completely different new ink color. (The old color is the accurate one.)

I'm always sure to use solid pantone colors in my designs because I thought that guided the printers into knowing what mixture of ink colors to use. Is that not how it works now?

that was fun while it lasted!

ellegee

kinzoku wrote:

Mine is the same. And I hate to say it but my 5 second rule is misprinted, the white ink is off. I'm starting to get nervous about mentioning these things, I'm gonna get labeled as a troublemaker.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

kinzoku wrote:

I noticed that my prints from some side sales had different colors as well. The print quality has been great, just the colors are off.
"Jabba the Fluff" had a very different cat color than the original. I use pantone solid colors too for the same reason. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I will post a picture tomorrow if needed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooo, that is a bit different. Make sure you email support@woot.com (or use the form at the top of the page). If you could include a link to the photo, they can pass that on to the shirt production team.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kinzoku

ochopika wrote:"Jabba the Fluff" had a very different cat color than the original. I use pantone solid colors too for the same reason. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I will post a picture tomorrow if needed.

Yeah I'm wondering if they just eyeball the colors instead of referencing them. If so, is there really no longer any point in using pantone solid coated color swatches like it suggests on the submission page? Or does this only happen in plus sales?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

From what I've seen, there have been more complaints posted about side sale prints than for daily/derby tees. Is there a different process? Different people? What accounts for the high number of flubs? Or are they not really higher, just seems that way because people buying from side sales are more likely to post here?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:From what I've seen, there have been more complaints posted about side sale prints than for daily/derby tees. Is there a different process? Different people? What accounts for the high number of flubs? Or are they not really higher, just seems that way because people buying from side sales are more likely to post here?

Nope, same press; same people. Probably seeing more because we sell more shirts at once in the side sales rather than just one a day on the dailies.

Remember when emailing Customer Service, it helps them if you can send a link to a photo. Don't attach a photo to your email as that chokes up the works. Upload the picture to imgur.com and send a link to that.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Narfcake

kinzoku wrote:Yeah I'm wondering if they just eyeball the colors instead of referencing them. ...

This sounds very plausible. The print colors on Fresh Cake is different on purple as it is on the original olive as seen here ... although I think they downright forgot a color and eyeballed the other gray for Schrödinger's Equation ...

(Left is #6761, right is long sleeve #0001)

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Service department has already made amends, but I just wanted to chirp in about disappointment with the sidesales quality of prints too.

Here's my original "In Bloom" vs. the "In Bloom Remix" I ordered during purplepalooza.

Imgur Album of the differences

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
newnie wrote:Service department has already made amends, but I just wanted to chirp in about disappointment with the sidesales quality of prints too.

Here's my original "In Bloom" vs. the "In Bloom Remix" I ordered during purplepalooza.

Imgur Album of the differences

Yikes! That looks really awful!

thumperchick

Just popping in to say that customer support refunded my koozie order (which was more than expected, since 2/3 of my order was perfect.)

psychephylax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychephylax

Add me to the "Where's the Football? is Woot/Amazon thinking with this inconsistent quality" camp...Bought a hoodie of The Binge and it arrived today...Terrible quality control as both are "2XL"

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
psychephylax wrote:Add me to the "Where's the Football? is Woot/Amazon thinking with this inconsistent quality" camp...Bought a hoodie of The Binge and it arrived today...Terrible quality control as both are "2XL"

Ouch... Gildan? Really?

Every cookie-cutter concert tee I bought in the 90s is rejoicing at their renewed relevance.

Narfcake

AdderXYU wrote:Ouch... Gildan? Really?

Unlike the basic carded open-end cotton shirts, the hoodies are alright.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

My Too Many Cooks apron appears to have a thread or a hair or something underneath the print

And comparing it to the original shirt print, the apron printed with a lot more black ink than I think it should have. Even though the apron background is darker, the other colors look okay, just way more black than it should...

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Arryielle, that's a hair. I was unaware it was possible until I got a fossilized hair, preserved in ink, on my Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie. Definitely email support as soon as possible in case they still have one.

psychephylax wrote:Add me to the "Where's the Football? is Woot/Amazon thinking with this inconsistent quality" camp...Bought a hoodie of The Binge and it arrived today...Terrible quality control as both are "2XL"

Have you washed the other one? Might be worth seeing if they end up similar sizes once Binge has been washed. If not, definitely email support, but that size difference would have difficult to catch in the printing process, I think. And I suspect amazon isn't to blame here: if amazon was actually running woot, the problems would have been fixed by now.

Narfcake wrote:Unlike the basic carded open-end cotton shirts, the hoodies are alright.

I don't know anything about the Gildan t-shirts, but the hoodies aren't bad. My oldest woot-acquired one is well over a year old and has been washed, oh, 50-60 times? It's doing fine.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

arryielle

neuropsychosocial wrote:Arryielle, that's a hair. I was unaware it was possible until I got a fossilized hair, preserved in ink, on my Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie. Definitely email support as soon as possible in case they still have one.

Well, I found a loose black thread on the apron as well, so it could go either way. And I think it's kind of funny that it's positioned on the shirt in such a way that it looks like the bunny on the end is puzzled looking at it! :-)

But I emailed support using the form (from the link at the top of the page), but I didn't receive an automated email yet. Since that's a new page, could it be having some issues as well?
Edit: Nevermind - the case ID email finally arrived - it just took it's time to find my inbox :-)

Edit #2: Well, they don't have any more in stock, but I did get my money refunded (thanks Woot staff!). Oh well - I would imagine after cooking for a while with it, there will be flour all over and you won't be able to see it anyway!

thumperchick

neuropsychosocial wrote:
I don't know anything about the Gildan t-shirts, but the hoodies aren't bad. My oldest woot-acquired one is well over a year old and has been washed, oh, 50-60 times? It's doing fine.

My hoodies are all holding up very well. Still soft, still fuzzy inside, no seems unraveling, no print issues.

psychephylax

I did not wash the new one in case Woot wanted it back. They did have an XL available so they sent me that. I just don't see how it would shrink THAT much with a wash.

neuropsychosocial wrote:Arryielle, that's a hair. I was unaware it was possible until I got a fossilized hair, preserved in ink, on my Unstealthiest Ninja hoodie. Definitely email support as soon as possible in case they still have one.

ellegee

I got a nice email from woot saying they are reprinting Ill Gotten Trinkets in the correct color and sending them to everyone who ordered, so now I'll have it in pink, which I really didn't mind so much, and purple, which looks better, thanks woot!

They also refunded my 5 Second Rule becuase of the off-printed white, but I do wish I could have gotten a new copy instead of a refund since it's available again. I guess I'll order another but it's $3 more now. Still, glad they took care of me, thanks again woot

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

So my Interstellar Kitten Pizza Party just arrived from the Purplepalooza sale (first one got lost-- so did Fresh Cake but they are now out of stock so can't send a replacement ;(), and looks like the one Narf posted, but is it just me or is the color of the cat WAY off the sale image? Like, it was a light tan, but my shirt has the cat a very dark chocolate color instead. I feel like it throws the whole design off. It had a softness to the color scheme that I liked, but now the cat is almost lost in the background from being too dark.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

psychephylax

My replacement hoodie in XL came in....This one does not have a Gildan tag.

I compared all 3 shirts...something is definitely weird at Woot.

The Binge 2XL - Biggest hoodie, probably true to size on what I would expect a 2XL to be.
The Binge XL - smallest hoodie, significantly narrower than the 2XL
Plan B hoodie (bought in November of last year) - It's like a 1.5XL which is the perfect size I am looking for. It's wider in the chest but has the same sleeve and almost identical length as the XL Binge.

How do I order a 1.5XL from Woot? HOWWWW????

psychephylax wrote:I did not wash the new one in case Woot wanted it back. They did have an XL available so they sent me that. I just don't see how it would shrink THAT much with a wash.

Narfcake

psychephylax wrote:... How do I order a 1.5XL from Woot? HOWWWW????

Wash the 2XL in hot water and dryer dry on high?

rockonkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockonkatie

Is anyone having issues with the printing on re-prints? Maybe it's the DTG but I think my shirts look terrible.

I ordered 3 shirts, The Convenient Tiny Chair (for my husband), The Artist, and Playing Koi.

I guess I should have done my homework on DTG beforehand, but the shirts look awful in my opinion. The images look grainy/dotty/pixelated. Just terrible. Each image looks like it has diagonal lines running across it. The paw prints in "The Artist" are so tiny that the lines make them indiscernible. Many just look like pink blobs. The lovely water drops in Playing Koi are destroyed by the lines. The Tiny Chair doesn't looks too awful, but it doesn't have any large sections of solid colors anyway.

I have to admit that I had never seen the "originals" of any of these shirts, for comparison, but I doubt these images were intended to look like this. I've included images of the shirts (sorry for the poor quality/lighting). Is it just me or is the print quality kind of appalling?

ThunderThighs

Staff

DTG is a different process that prints the colors using CMYK. The colors are printed via super-small dots not unlike a color ink jet printer but at a much, much, much higher resolution. You will see some differences between DTG and screen print which lays down a solid Pantone color.

The diagonal lines you are seeing are in the design. The designer used halftones to give the appearance of a different color. When doing half tones, you print alternating dots or lines of two different colors. Heres a blog that describes halftones.

FORUM MODERATOR

arryielle

I'm pretty surprised about the quality of DTG printing - the colors seem so... bland. I was really expecting bright, vibrant colors that really popped! My Cheese Is a Liederkranz came in yesterday and I'm disappointed :-(

My long-sleeved one is on the left, the new DTG is on the right.

The cheese cube looks so faded! And so does the portal on the back

Is this worth bringing up to someone, or am I just out of luck? I feel like I'm either picky about wanting my shirts to print correctly or I'm really unlucky about the quality I receive...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
arryielle wrote:I'm pretty surprised about the quality of DTG printing - the colors seem so... bland. I was really expecting bright, vibrant colors that really popped! My Cheese Is a Liederkranz came in yesterday and I'm disappointed :-(

My long-sleeved one is on the left, the new DTG is on the right.

The cheese cube looks so faded! And so does the portal on the back

Is this worth bringing up to someone, or am I just out of luck? I feel like I'm either picky about wanting my shirts to print correctly or I'm really unlucky about the quality I receive...

You're always welcome to contact support@woot.com if you're not satisfied with an order, but this does seem to be in line with the differences in the printing processes. The daily shirts (the original, in this case) was screen printed using inks mixed to get the specific color; with the digital process it's done via CMYK.

There are some definite strengths to this, namely much smoother gradients, more distinct details, and more accurate rendering of the design. Digital finally hit a technological level where we felt the quality was high enough to offer it to our customers, but they will not be identical to the screen prints.

That said, color is something that can be adjusted based on your feedback and we've passed yours on to the shirt folks. They offer their thanks!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

kinzoku

kinzoku wrote:

UPDATE: I e-mailed Woot, not even asking for a replacement (I just wanted to hear if they need pantone colors in submissions anymore), but they sent me a replacement with the correct color anyway and it looks nice. Thanks!