4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

The shirt is a liar.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer

WIN!

But if I wear this in Texas...I may get shot at.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I'm not really a science buff, do you have anything design wise for a person who has a B.A. in English Lit. with a minor in Linguistics?

outmywindow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow
bluejester wrote:I'm not really a science buff, do you have anything design wise for a person who has a B.A. in English Lit. with a minor in Linguistics?

I too have a BA in English Lit. and a minor in Linguistics, but I also happen to love me some science, so in for one.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
sdkammer wrote:WIN!

But if I wear this in Texas...I may get shot at.

Well, if I wear that shirt here in Kansas then I'll get to enjoy a good ol' fashioned stoning.

cnorborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cnorborg

Ether?

greginnj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greginnj

A shirt trying to promote science that shows aether as an element makes me a sad Galapagos tortoise.

-=greginnj=-

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Congrats on the print buddy!!!! Now I just have to break out my chart and see what this all really means

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark

Aether? More like: I θ Alchemy

outmywindow

cnorborg wrote:Ether?

If it's good enough for The Grey Lensmen, it's good enough for me.

(Lest my reference seems vague, classic space opera is filled with references to aether, it being the substance through which light was thought to propagate throughout the universe).

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

Well... with a B.A. in biology, I couldn't resist this shirt.

Chemistry rocks!!!

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Yar science! I love spelling stuff with the periodic table. Although it makes me sad that there is still no "j" on the periodic table so I can't spell my name which happens to start with a "j". *sadness*

I'll just have to console my nerdy self with this awesomesauce shirt.

*edit* I love the psuedo-science E aether bit. I'm in a PhD program in engineering but I appreciate the silly too. Lighten up y'all.

*edit again* ooh, my first quality post. Yay! Thanks woot peoples.

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

I want to love this shirt but the æther element gets to me even though I know it's hard to spell science with just the elements. An electron might have been better. Also the fact that the element names aren't capitalized just bugs me.

wingone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingone

Reminds me of the banner for this web comic:

http://sci-ence.org/

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028
lola4028 wrote:Well... with a B.A. in biology, I couldn't resist this shirt.

Chemistry rocks!!!

And no... I don't care that ether is really a compound!

outmywindow

lola4028 wrote:And no... I don't care that ether is really a compound!

"Ether" and "Aether" are completely different things. Err, concepts, since aether was disproved to exist in the early 20th century. Prior to its expulsion from the scientific canon, it was as important a concept in cosmology and physics as gravitation.

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

E couldn't have been "electron"?

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev
bluejester wrote:I'm not really a science buff, do you have anything design wise for a person who has a B.A. in English Lit. with a minor in Linguistics?

There's always the Nevermore shirt.

It's over now, but the Poe vs Shakespeare cagematch had some great shirts. And the long since reckoned A Novel Idea is one of my favorite shirts ever.

actowery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages actowery

This shirt style takes two "has been done before" styles (spelling with the P. table and also the "I [atom] science" and makes it look better than any of the ones I have seen out there.

Good job.

wishlish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishlish

The e-aether bit actually is holding me back from buying the shirt. Why couldn't you just use the mathematical constant e? I mean...math is science, right?

adventuresofray.com

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
sdkammer wrote:But if I wear this in Texas...I may get shot at.

Howdy,

Is your concern that some Woot, NASA, McDonald Observatory, or Silicon Hills employee (perhaps from IBM, Intel, Dell, AMD, Microsoft, Samsung, Motorola, HP, Sun MicroSystems, 3M, Apple, etc etc etc - FAR too many to name) might shoot you for claiming that aether's an element?

Sheesh. ;)

Adios!

Edit: Whoops! Almost forgot to mention that Woot (an independent subsidiary of Amazon.com) is HQ'd near Dallas. Like I said. Far too many to list.

zvwang

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zvwang

It's a bit off-putting that science is now defined by chemistry. This is definitely more of a "I love Chemistry" than a "I love Science shirt".

minuteric3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minuteric3
outmywindow wrote:"Ether" and "Aether" are completely different things. Err, concepts, since aether was disproved to exist in the early 20th century. Prior to its expulsion from the scientific canon, it was as important a concept in cosmology and physics as gravitation.

Plus, Plato thought of aether as the fifth element, and the shirt has 5 elements on it, so it works out for everyone!

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
wishlish wrote:The e-aether bit actually is holding me back from buying the shirt.

Same here. Now I'll have to constantly defend my shirt.

Why couldn't you just use the mathematical constant e? I mean...math is science, right?

E for electron or perhaps entropy (a major element in my life) would also have worked for me.

Even Einsteinium, just with the world's smallest "s".

But even with Aether I think it's a Sage choice. I'm in!

My astronomy group will love it as we're always hoping for "clear sky".

Cheers!

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
zvwang wrote:It's a bit off-putting that science is now defined by chemistry. This is definitely more of a "I love Chemistry" than a "I love Science shirt".

I find it a bit off-putting to presume only chemists use the periodic table or electron orbital representations.

spaceturnip

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spaceturnip

This shirt blinded me.

DJGallardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJGallardo
safyrejet wrote:I find it a bit off-putting to presume only chemists use the periodic table or electron orbital representations.

Hear, hear

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
spaceturnip wrote:This shirt blinded me.

LOL

molecularchristine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages molecularchristine
aerc712 wrote:Well, if I wear that shirt here in Kansas then I'll get to enjoy a good ol' fashioned stoning.

Science/engineering student also in Kansas. We should form an alliance.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

Triple major here in engineering(computer and aerospace)and astrophysics, perfect shirt for me. Love everything about science except chemistry. It makes me poop bricks lol

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
macmankev wrote:There's always the Nevermore shirt.

It's over now, but the Poe vs Shakespeare cagematch had some great shirts. And the long since reckoned A Novel Idea is one of my favorite shirts ever.

I already own several copies of the bird, but I did eye something Writer/English Major friendly in the side sale. So I nabbed that today.

miamicane14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miamicane14

I like the fact that ether is on the shirt. I think that one of the most critical elements of science is its ability to adapt and throw out concepts that prove to be wrong. Including ether on the shirt highlights how science moves forward. It is about the process not the 'current' answer.

Borrowing a quote from a recent SGU Podcast:

"Science does not aim at establishing immutable truths and eternal dogmas; its aim is to approach the truth by successive approximations, without claiming that at any stage final and complete accuracy has been achieved." - Bertrand Russell's "The ABC of Relativity" (4th revised edition).

annrcks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annrcks

the fifth element movie lied to me when i was a kid. i learned in school that H20 is not an element. its a "Compound" get it right! but i like that movie. i also like science

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen

I could see Adam Savage wearing this.

Here before the WootBot was.

richieu11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richieu11

hey, I want to buy this shirt for my brother who is a molecular biologist plotting to destroy the evils of the world and protect all from peril, but he lives in cali and I live in chicago. Is there anyway to get woot to send this shirt directly to him instead of me?

walmark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages walmark

What I don't get is how can you spell "Love" with (He)lium?

Lightndattic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lightndattic
safyrejet wrote:Yar science! I love spelling stuff with the periodic table. Although it makes me sad that there is still no "j" on the periodic table so I can't spell my name which happens to start with a "j". *sadness*

I'll just have to console my nerdy self with this awesomesauce shirt.

*edit* I love the psuedo-science E aether bit. I'm in a PhD program in engineering but I appreciate the silly too. Lighten up y'all.

*edit again* ooh, my first quality post. Yay! Thanks woot peoples.

According to Dr Jones, names beginning with J in Latin begin with an I. Spell it in Latin.

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

That heart symbol reminds me of the guys in "Weird Science" wearing bras on their heads.

sunnysfunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunnysfunny

I'd love to see Walter White wearing this shirt.