bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
chennai8 wrote:Same genius who printed that "F you" shirt.

Which in addition to being super offensive is selling far better than it should, proving that not only do the people prefer non-artistic designs (which this might be) but they also want juvinile humor.

Not as much as they want cats though.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

I wonder how many women will want that word in their chest area. Ugh.

Rotelmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rotelmama

Isn't the symbol in the lightbulb's eyes the Nook symbol? And doesn't Amazon have something to do with Woot? And doesn't Amazon have something to do with the Kindle?

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
Rotelmama wrote:Isn't the symbol in the lightbulb's eyes the Nook symbol? And doesn't Amazon have something to do with Woot? And doesn't Amazon have something to do with the Kindle?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Good to know Woot is getting a sense of humor here. When I submitted this for a derby, it was rejected for being to negative (reason: "Ouch").

gspme

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gspme

In for one. Love the colors. The message, although abrasive is funny if you do not take it literally.

Popular EXCLAMATIONS!:

"For the Love of Ninja!"

"I just brushed my teeth with Nair!!"

"Jesus Christ and Justin Beiber!!!"

bounty42

SkekTek wrote:Good to know Woot is getting a sense of humor here. When I submitted this for a derby, it was rejected for being to negative (reason: "Ouch").

To be fair that was 4 years ago. They're a much different company now. Everybody says so...

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
bounty42 wrote:To be fair that was 4 years ago. They're a much different company now. Everybody says so...

Also that design was really bad.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn
llandar wrote:Also that design was really bad.

Sucks?

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Love the look of the design, but the caption is sucky.

trailbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trailbone

Pretty weak rip-off of this guys work:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/You-Ideas-Suck/685174

trailbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trailbone

Or it it's the same guy ripping himself off?

trailbone wrote:Pretty weak rip-off of this guys work:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/You-Ideas-Suck/685174

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
trailbone wrote:Or it it's the same guy ripping himself off?

Most likely the latter. The twitter status update design by the same artist is on that page as well.

bounty42

tjschaeffer wrote:Most likely the latter. The twitter status update design by the same artist is on that page as well.

Link leads to a 2010 page where he lists designs available for purchase as Shirt designs. One can assume he never sold them.

Astute observers will note I got your Tweet Right Here from 4/11 lower down.

True Forum dwellers will note that the EYES have been changed, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the publishing user was the same one mentioned that this style of eye sells better in the Derby Thread from mid January IIRC.

EDIT: Would figure I can't find it now. Same thread with the color coded Graphic of Pop Culture allowed in Derby.

gardamun

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gardamun

Does anyone else find it kind of funny that the people who are saying negative things about this shirt are fitting themselves into the description of the shirt? Hehe maybe they didn't read the write-up? Combined with the creative description, this shirt is hilarious and deserves some respect!

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
dfunk29 wrote:I'm gonna wear the woot out of this shirt!

that's wootaculous!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I dislike the shirt, but the write up made me laugh.

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif
TaterTot wrote:This is horribly negative, and I'd never wear it. If anything, I think this shirt should be directed to the person who changed the layout of the website.

Quote from the film Harvey:

"Years ago my mother used to say to me... 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

Well said, and I love the quote, and the movie!

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Ha, loved the write-up.

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake

With server issues (again), debut day: 1599, on a mix of AA for kids and imported Anvil for men and women.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:With server issues (again), debut day: 1599, on a mix of AA for kids and imported Anvil for men and women.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they sold a bunch of kid's sizes in this one.....yup yup.

move along

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot:1h 53m 17.999s
First Sucker: dreaodare
Last Wooter to Woot: jdeejohnston
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace: 0m 58.336s
Woots Sold: 1599

First day sales 1599

mattcoughlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattcoughlin

I can't get over the fact that everyone has such adamant opinions about a shirt that says "your opinions suck". The irony is amazing.

binaryrockstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binaryrockstar

Please make more!!!

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

(3:46 PM, 6/27/2012) Fountain3586 created the word "Wootaculous".

OBVIOUSLY MY IDEAS DON'T SUCK!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.