athnamas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages athnamas

Ok this cant happen...becasue isnt Dark Vator Lukes father???

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
j5 wrote:We call this color:Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for...silver.

We call this color: Aluminum Falcon

But I guess aluminum isn't technically silver...

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif

Great design, Wirdou, but I'm so sick of Star Wars shirts.

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

GonzoTom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GonzoTom
gwenleif wrote:Great design, Wirdou, but I'm so sick of Star Wars shirts.

Agreed.
Don't get me wrong I love SW and I love the OCCASSIONAL reference. But I am getting tired of SW, Mario, Nintendo, etc. nerdy shirts.

Even being a great design, I was sad this made first. There were others out there more beach appropriate.

And a single guy definitely shouldn't wear this to the beach......

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Yay!! I'm so happy! This has been an amazing week!! Thank you all for the support.

I'm also a Star Wars nerd, and I know Han didn't destroy the Death Star but....let's be honest...he would be the bully in this situation (also he has the right to be the "hero" at least once)!! I know there's too much Star Wars, but this is my first Star Wars design for a derby and, unless I come up with something that worths it, I'll wait for the next one!

Again, thank you! you are great!

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
edz321 wrote:Why is Han destroying it instead of Luke?

safyrejet wrote:Wait, Vader is Luke and Leia's father but they're all playing together on the beach as kids! We have a paradox here...it's gonna bother me now.

Yeah, these two details bother me. I like the shirt, I think it's funny, but Star Wars isn't about time travel. And of course, Darth Vader was never a child. Anakin Skywalker was.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
GonzoTom wrote:
And a single guy definitely shouldn't wear this to the beach......

You should wear it to the beach to find the cool girls out of the many there.

bluemilkisback

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluemilkisback

The two previously mentioned details bother me as well, but I still love love LOVE this shirt.

The awesome write up helps too.

But why can't I wear it on Arrakis? Would the lack of water make it difficult for them to understand what a sand castle is? Am I over-analyzing this?

bluemilkisback

ciaralee wrote:You should wear it to the beach to find the cool girls out of the many there.

Cool girl agrees.

Because why would I talk to a random guy on the beach unless there was some way of knowing he was awesome?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluemilkisback wrote:But why can't I wear it on Arrakis? Would the lack of water make it difficult for them to understand what a sand castle is? Am I over-analyzing this?

Dune universe ≠ Star Wars universe.

move along

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Awesome! Congrats, Wirdou! I usually am not a fan of the ol' SW, but this is too charming not to love. Awesome design and a great win!

jayjays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayjays
ciaralee wrote:You should wear it to the beach to find the cool girls out of the many there.

This.

And to the designer, great job. It's obviously not supposed to be strict to star wars, its satire. Don't listen to the haters, i'd wear this shirt to a beach, and I wouldn't even take it off in the water just to piss everyone off even more!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Yay! Congrats, Wirdou!

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

IT just goes to show you that bulling has been going on since a long time ago and spans galaxies.

bluemilkisback

j5 wrote:Dune universe ≠ Star Wars universe.

Would the universe implode with awesomeness if they existed in the same space?

haha

GonzoTom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GonzoTom
bluemilkisback wrote:But why can't I wear it on Arrakis? Would the lack of water make it difficult for them to understand what a sand castle is? Am I over-analyzing this?

Because its so damn hot that you should only be wearing a Stillsuit.

sachmo71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sachmo71

im having a really hard time getting woot to work today.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
edz321 wrote:Why is Han destroying it instead of Luke?

Han shoveled 1st.

wirdou

Seems like it's been impossible to buy it for the last 2 hours! ¿?¿

unin5pired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unin5pired

Han stomped 1st.

Had to be said.

cmwhite80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmwhite80
wirdou wrote:Seems like it's been impossible to buy it for the last 2 hours! ¿?¿

I bought one at 9:30 and my order says I am on the waiting list. Any idea what this means?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluemilkisback wrote:Would the universe implode with awesomeness if they existed in the same space?

haha

Welllll, maybe it's not as far a stretch as initially thought.
Star Wars origins: Dune

move along

penrodius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penrodius
cmwhite80 wrote:I bought one at 9:30 and my order says I am on the waiting list. Any idea what this means?

AWS East Region is having connectivity issues.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
penrodius wrote:AWS East Region is having connectivity issues.

Sorry about that! Things appear to be okay now, but if you are worried about a particular order, please first check your order history, and then drop a note to service@woot.com if that doesn't clear it up.

We want you to be able to get your shirt, wacky issues notwithstanding!

I'm just hanging out, really.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

I ordered my around 9am Woot! time (10am my time) and had no troubles, must have got in during a brief period of server non-issues. Had thought of the same things others have mentioned (Darth and rest appearing to be similar ages & Han never destroying a Deaath Star in movies). Didn't care, great shirt and bought it anyways

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

adropofbeauty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adropofbeauty

Aw, I agree with the hugging comment! We could group hug him, maybe he wouldn't have turned to the dark side if he got enough hugs as a child!

raeshort

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raeshort

It's a (sand)trap!

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01

Sure...Pick on the kid with asthma.

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
sachmo71 wrote:im having a really hard time getting woot to work today.

I think the whole site is having issues especially the first sucker being 10hrs after being up! Which is completely WRONG..because my hubby DannySaiz was the First Sucker at 1m. Hope Woot fixes this! I know I would be disappointed and sad if my name was erased due to server issues!

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
seekayeff wrote:If you really take a Women's extra small, I'm pretty sure one of the kids sizes should fit you

Well speaking as a woman who now wears the WS, womens shirts have a different form cut. So a kids shirt, even a large one wouldn't be quite the same. In AA I was a L, I dropped to a S in Anvil. It makes sense for me to wear a S, 'cause I'm not that large, so I'm happy, but I do feel bad for all the women who are smaller than I. They really should add a WXS to the Anvil line of prints.

*sigh* perhaps I shouldn't have said that I was "bothered", but oh wow, another quality post. haha.

Anyway, it doesn't literally bother me, it's just a little "Whuh!?" I'm not gonna be the type to pick apart the details of the movie, who destroyed what, which DS is that. Han played a role in the DS1 destruction by surprising Vader and blasting him off Luke's tail anyway. I'm kinda imagining kiddy Han shouting "Yeahoo!" as he's kicking the sand.

I'm a huge SW fan but I love the light-hearted humor about this design. I also love the SW puns and jokes. lol at "use the foot Luke", "Han stomped/shoveled first", and "it's a (sand)trap". Nice ones guys.

Oh and the best thing I've got on the color Silver pun: We call this color "silver as your collection of limited edition Star Wars collectors coins"

DannySaiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DannySaiz
dsaiz11 wrote:I think the whole site is having issues especially the first sucker being 10hrs after being up! Which is completely WRONG..because my hubby DannySaiz was the First Sucker at 1m. Hope Woot fixes this! I know I would be disappointed and sad if my name was erased due to server issues!

What's the first sucker?

Lister22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Lister22

Maybe I'm the only one, but I never thought they were the actual Luke, Han, Leia and Vader as kids. I thought they were kids that resembled them. The one kid was wearing a Vader mask and making a Death Star out of sand and the other kids teamed up to destroy it. The dog was the icing on the cake and I bought it right away!

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 1552, all on imported Anvil blanks.

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

First day sales were 1552 for those of you sleeping like normal people.

wirdou

According to my link, the debut day has been 2938. There was a problem, around the middle of the day, it started to count again.... You can see that on the sale stats (like no shirt was bought for 8 hours! but they were according to my link).

I think this has been the craziest shirt.woot 24 hours with all the problems to the servers (and still it's not working...)! hahaha I hope you can"fix" this, specially for that first sucker that was someone with a user name that started with "D" (cannot remember the name), and that now has disappeared... XD

histud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages histud

I like how I wanted to order one last night, but the site wouldn't let me. Now it's more expensive and the site still won't let me get my order in.

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
wirdou wrote:According to my link, the debut day has been 2938. There was a problem, around the middle of the day, it started to count again.... You can see that on the sale stats (like no shirt was bought for 8 hours! but they were according to my link).

I think this has been the craziest shirt.woot 24 hours with all the problems to the servers (and still it's not working...)! hahaha I hope you can"fix" this, specially for that first sucker that was someone with a user name that started with "D" (cannot remember the name), and that now has disappeared... XD

Hmmmm Woot still has not fixed the numbers. Hopefully tomorrow!...Because the "First Sucker" was my hubby DannySaiz. Thanks Wirdou for recognizing...hope Woot gives him the recognition too!

aeson25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeson25
safyrejet wrote:Wait, Vader is Luke and Leia's father but they're all playing together on the beach as kids! We have a paradox here...it's gonna bother me now.

Wait... Vader is Luke's father?

j/k j/k

liliesandink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liliesandink
DannySaiz wrote:I guess this was before Leia got her bikini from Episode VI.

Hahahaha! Amen! I never thought of that!