+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
Re: On The Inside

This design is cute and love the colors - my two favs - lavender and gray. Only thing I'm worried is this will get rejected because of the text...since the rules say no text Hope the designer sees this and resubs before its too late. Would love to buy this one!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Ghost in the Machine

Inside every machine is the ghost of nature we had endeavored to emulate. I'm not really sure how the previous sentence holds up for those most useless machines floating around, but uhh... tree.

Also: I realize I have hijacked the title for my own purposes. Gilbert Ryle and all the other dead philosophers can have it back after I am done. Promise.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Be unique

Be Unique! Be Yourself!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Loyal Friend

Loyalty - the willingness to make a personal sacrifice to strengthen a relationship.

I consider myself a Loyal Friend. So, if any of my buddies turns into a zombie, they can count on me to "help" them!

vgpclife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgpclife

Why did the dog need to have a pen!s?

Re: Inner Kitty

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Ghost in the Machine

This is my favorite in the derby by far!

omarfeliciano

dsaiz11 wrote:This design is cute and love the colors - my two favs - lavender and gray. Only thing I'm worried is this will get rejected because of the text...since the rules say no text Hope the designer sees this and resubs before its too late. Would love to buy this one!

The rules states "No text only designs", which means text is allowed, but there should be some graphical element as well.

This design is allowed.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Went a little looser with this one. Even the smallest of creatures (and people!) are capable of big, big love, caring, sacrifice and selflessness! Er, I hope. Six colors on brown.

vhdesignshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vhdesignshop
Re: Inner Beauty - Resub

Awesome design this week!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Inner Beauty - Resub

Thanks. It was really AWESOME to work together with Walmazan this week, a true legend. Thanks for the opportunity man. It was fun.

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor
Re: Just this once

While the general idea is cute this is certainly not one of your best designs.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Serenity

I was trying to capture the inner serenity one feels while listening to violin music.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Inner Nature

Oh, hey the comments are working. I hope y'all like my robot, he likes you!

aleafloor

Re: Little Hero, Big Heart

I love this design so very much. Got my vote!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
vgpclife wrote:Why did the dog need to have a pen!s?

Because he's a male dog?

aleafloor

Re: Free Your Heart

This is absolutely stunning. Most certainly got my vote.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

This might be a silly question, but does double tap refer to shotguns? And I guess my follow up question would be are those shotgun shells?

anemality

I love this. If I could find stuff like this inside rocks I'd be cracking them open ALL day long.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Love Is Blind

Personality and inner beauty are more important than exterior looks, especially if those looks turn people into stone.

anemality

I really, REALLY like this!

omarfeliciano

CVBrennan wrote:This might be a silly question, but does double tap refer to shotguns? And I guess my follow up question would be are those shotgun shells?

"Double Tap" is the second rule to survive the zombie apocalypse as stated in the movie Zombieland. It basically means that you should always shot a zombie a second time (in the head), to make sure it is really dead.

And yes, those are shotgun shells.

bonerbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonerbob
Re: Released

Lookin good kdeuce, love the colors and comp

txalikat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txalikat

I love it!!! This had better print so I can get one for myself and my lil girl!

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
Re: On The Inside

Geodes Rule!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Lens Of Truth

Maybe it's a cynical take on the theme, but I hope you like it all the same.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Whistle Click Click

For the days you need the world to know. That you're into Wes Anderson.

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Released

Please, please, please let this print. It's lovely, it's on theme, and it's not another black shirt. The more I look, the more I like it.

jaaayzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaaayzhu
Re: Little Hero, Big Heart

It seems the topic "inner beauty" is lost with most people nowadays. I really like how you can incorporate beauty with a subject that most people would detest. A nice person or a kind action is what makes a person beautiful. True beauty should come from a person's morals, not from a person's looks. What we perceive to be beautiful nowadays are sadly, mostly on the surface; whereas we should look at the "inside" of a person to determine true beauty.

straightshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straightshooter

There are some pretty good entries in this derby, but there are a lot that are way too sappy for my liking.

helloblueclues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helloblueclues

I like this design!

CVBrennan

Re: Love Is Blind

I like this one but I didn't realize the Medusa reference right away. I wonder if a waiter turned to stone in the background might contribute to the overall theme. I like the style!

CVBrennan

Re: Go free!

I am disturbed that there is no key hole for the key... but i do love the design!

helloblueclues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helloblueclues

I like this design!

CVBrennan

Re: Kind Driver

I am just not convinced Bowser would stop... Yoshi maybe? lol

CVBrennan

Re: Humble Pie

I love simple designs but I also love them when they are expressed without text. What if the pie were on a 1st place podium followed by piece of cake in 2nd and 3rd place going to...?

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
Re: An Aching Full of Responsiblity

Referent: Tiffany Aching is a character in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

CVBrennan

Re: Be unique

all i can think of with this design is American Beauty

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Inner Nature

ochopika your robots are the cuuuutest.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I just don't think it works. There needs to be some kind of actual zombie reference here or people are going to just think it's referring to homicide, or assassins, or drug dealers. "Sure I'm willing to kill all my friends for some vague unspecified reason that you can make up yourself!"

I get that you were inspired by Zombieland or whatever, but that line isn't from that movie, and Zombieland certainly isn't what most people think of with the term 'double tap'. It's military lingo for 2 quick shots to the target on as close to the same spot as possible. Furthermore you don't double tap with a shotgun anyway, so your shotgun shells don't make much sense with the slogan.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."