smanchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smanchen
lyonscc wrote:Because he's a male dog?

Brilliant answer.

The world is a dangerous place to live ... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Don't Be a Jerk

Be a cool person. Be a kind person. Don't be a jerk.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Dedicated

Dedication is a virtuous quality. Can't get all those achievements and trophies without some dedication! And sore thumbs. You need sore thumbs too.

hotdogbanjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotdogbanjo
bluetuba wrote:I just don't think it works. There needs to be some kind of actual zombie reference here or people are going to just think it's referring to homicide, or assassins, or drug dealers. "Sure I'm willing to kill all my friends for some vague unspecified reason that you can make up yourself!"

I get that you were inspired by Zombieland or whatever, but that line isn't from that movie, and Zombieland certainly isn't what most people think of with the term 'double tap'. It's military lingo for 2 quick shots to the target on as close to the same spot as possible. Furthermore you don't double tap with a shotgun anyway, so your shotgun shells don't make much sense with the slogan.

I agree. I have watched Zombieland several times, and I didn't make the connection. I understand the artist's intention from reading his description, but as it is, it's just a disturbing shirt.

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

I actually thought of Zombieland immediately, and I only saw the movie once when it first came out on DVD.

The way the text is done is reminiscent of the way we received the "rules" in the movie http://xmonsterhunter.blogspot.com/2009/11/zombieland-mini-review.html and "Double Tap" is actually rule #2.

I actually kinda like this one, but have some concerns when it comes to the rejectionator as there are other "Double Tap" shirts out there. This one seems more detailed than those though.

Re: Loyal Friend

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

A friend of mine would love this shirt so have to vote on it

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood

Thanks for looking (:

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Re: Just this once

I don't really know that this is inner beauty so much as being kind, but maybe they're the same thing? It's a cute idea either way.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: Just this once

Reminds me too much of HER cat and mouse

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Free Your Heart

Awesome. Less concrete... more nature! I love it!

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
omarfeliciano wrote:The rules states "No text only designs", which means text is allowed, but there should be some graphical element as well.

This design is allowed.

Oooops! Thanks for the correction.

Now I'm really happy and hope "On the Inside" Wins!!

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: Beauty Within Death

Because even Zombies had soul at one point or another right?

firecat1968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firecat1968

Is it just me or do most of the designs so far seem to be missing the topic?

firecat1968

Re: Loyal Friend

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!! Got my vote and looking forward to buying 3.

oboegirl16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oboegirl16
Re: It's more beautiful on the inside!

THIS IS THE BEST SHIRT EVER!!!! Thank you to the Whovian who made it!!!!

firecat1968

Re: It's more beautiful on the inside!

I so have to have this shirt!!!! Got my vote for sure!

voltylicious

quality posts: 5 Private Messages voltylicious
Re: A Beauty Within (NO BLOOD)

i like the blood-free version, but if i had not seen the bloody version, first, it would have taken me a while.

maybe something in-between? add a few bones, maybe some clothes? to make it clear enough that there WAS a "princess" (without needing the tiara and banner hints - but also without making it too bloody). As in: a child would get it, be respectful of the tiger, but not start crying immediately ;-)

zwartepaard

Re: some other crap that doesn't really exist

YES. A thousand times YES. I want this with every fiber of my being. More votes, more votes!
I love the texture and feel of this. I want this soooooo badly. Amazing!

kdykwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdykwell
Re: Whistle Click Click

LOVE. IT! Favorite movie. +1

schmolzanderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmolzanderson
omarfeliciano wrote:Loyalty - the willingness to make a personal sacrifice to strengthen a relationship.

I consider myself a Loyal Friend. So, if any of my buddies turns into a zombie, they can count on me to "help" them!

I thOught of ZOMBIELAND immediately. I liked the reference but not the design. The shirt seems too crude which is weird because I love me some zombies. Nice try though.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Inner Nature

I hope I get to order this one. Great work.

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
omarfeliciano wrote:Loyalty - the willingness to make a personal sacrifice to strengthen a relationship.

I consider myself a Loyal Friend. So, if any of my buddies turns into a zombie, they can count on me to "help" them!

Way to just barely skirt the "No Text Only" rule. There really isn't much artistry in this, nor does it even really fit the theme. How is shooting someone a sign of inner beauty?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluetuba wrote:I just don't think it works.

I haven't seen a zombie move since Dawn of the Dead (the original), and I got the reference due to its inherent memeness.

Still, I also don't think it's anywhere near on topic, but TPTB have to decide that, so...meh.

move along

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
helloblueclues wrote:I like this design!

Thanks! Spent a couple hours last night making this so I can post it early for this derby.

zwartepaard

Re: Zombies Love Brains

Zombies don't care what your face looks like, they just like you for your brains.

zwartepaard

Re: The Swan

I wish the placement were a little higher up, but I like the idea and execution

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
Re: Inner Beauty

Oh my! Never quite thought of inner beauty like that before! Poor pork - I mean, piggy!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
hotdogbanjo wrote:I agree. I have watched Zombieland several times, and I didn't make the connection. I understand the artist's intention from reading his description, but as it is, it's just a disturbing shirt.

Interesting, I have never seen the movie but thought of it. Though I don't have any military minded around to give me bluetuba's explanation.

Hyperfludd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hyperfludd
Re: [url=/derby/entry/64102/kind-driver]Kind Driver
[img=100x100]

This is pretty great, I totally want it.

ckulczyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckulczyk

Just beautiful! Thought provoking too...

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
Re: Copper Clad Heart

If I had to replace my innards with brass, leather, polished mahogany inlaid with silver filigree, I would want it to look something like this.

It's not very "cute" but I don't think there's much cute in me and hope you like it.

oubliette

Re: Gift

I do in fact love this.

oubliette

Re: Funternal Affairs

I'm repulsed.

Not because of the exposed cartoon organs but, more the cutsie chibi faces on all the organs. The intestines end up looking like worms...

oubliette

antastic wrote:Thanks! Spent a couple hours last night making this so I can post it early for this derby.

One of the stronger designs on this derby. And you made something original. Excellent.

oubliette

Re: Full of Life

Nice clip art...

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
Re: Time to Grow

Comments and Critiques always welcome. Click here for "higher" res.
Edit: If you're finding it hard to see what she's doing, definitely click that High Res link.

sjstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjstew

bubblehezza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubblehezza
Re: Neutral

Love this

bubblehezza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubblehezza
Re: The Content Beast

I know it's early days but this design should be scoring higher, I think it is excellento.. Well done bro

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
Re: Kind Driver

This is great. +1