antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
oubliette wrote:One of the stronger designs on this derby. And you made something original. Excellent.

Thank you oubliette and I appreciate your comment very much. I'm super excited that in the last two derbies people have been digging my style. Thanks again.

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
bubblehezza wrote:I know it's early days but this design should be scoring higher, I think it is excellento.. Well done bro

I guess people love their cats and cute animal design shirts more than monsters. Looking around at the entries I see quite a bit of the same design popping up. I thought alot of people were going to do the shadow one so I was hesitate on making this but glad I did in the end.

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Frankie loves kitties

Very cute and good style! I know a lot of people hate it, but I'm a big fan of distressing on tees when done right, and I feel this shirt would really benefit with a light distress pattern. That said, you got my vote!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Kind Driver

Thanks all, thanks zombiegen, something to take in count next time.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
sunaness wrote:This one just isn't floating with me, the scene just feels as if it goes beyond imagination and becomes too unrealistic to enjoy the message it's trying to convey. [shrug]

Its not that unrealistic ^_~

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Thank, everyone for the nice comments . I'm happy to see it doing well even if it doesn't win.

sunaness wrote:I'm deeply regretting not buying Free Hugs when it was available and won't make the same mistake twice. I really think you should feature more ochopikabots, especially now that woot has a vendetta against cats. They're just so quirky!

Do you have a facebook page for your brand?

Thanks for liking my robots! I was trying to stay away from cats this time because there have been A LOT of cat shirts recently... like woah. I love robots and will totally make more.

I'm still working on my FB page, trying to make my images look nice and all. I just want it to look almost as professional as Walmazan's page, then I'll post it up, lol.

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: Whistle Click Click

Love it, great design and idea!

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Loyal Friend

Not only do I hate this design, but I'd be very afraid of anyone who wore it.

edgrrrzzmom

Re: Release the Beauty Within

Takes me to my quiet place.

edgrrrzzmom

Re: On The Inside

Being a former caver, I love this design. There is so much undiscovered beauty within caves and geodes that most people never see. Probably better for the caves and geodes.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain

I don't have the same problem everyone else is complaining about... in fact I like this design...

The problem I DO have is, the falling shells have not been fired yet. The Primers are still solid on the bottom. A fired shell's primer has a puncture in the middle.

edgrrrzzmom

Re: Zombies Love Brains

Sorry, does nothing for me. Even after the explanation, it really misses the mark.

edgrrrzzmom

Re: Inner Beauty - Resub

Being sort of an "inner beauty" gal myself, I love this. Would like to see the design slightly smaller and on the upper left side of the field like a badge.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
bubblehezza wrote:Thanks for the comment, but it states 'no text only' designs. I assume Im ok?

I think you are.

bradalee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalee
Re: Joy of Life

The word "sex" jumps out at me so much in this that it almost seems intentional?

LadyCordy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyCordy
Re: Genetic

For anyone interested in the design, but not enough to vote for it, would a small change be an incentive?

pauleyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauleyer

I guess people just see what they want. J shares qualities of an S, the lower half, o and e share qualities, and x and y as well. Hindsight I could have flipped the o character, but I wanted it that direction so that she wasn't facing the same direction as the J character. I could also have closed Y's legs a bit more, but unless its a solid mass you'd claim it was an x, and something looked off to me when there was no gap between the legs.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Spirit of Mercy

Even in the darkest of hearts there is a spirit of mercy.

But the spirit isn't really *inside* the dude. That was the derby. *Inner" beauty.

Fine. Even in the darkest of hearts of hearts a spirit of mercy is emulated.

Still not really *inside* beauty, is it?

Fine...A spirit of mercy is emulated from *inside* even the darkest of hearts. Happy?

Like a lightbulb.

Exactly.

Next time, just draw a lightbulb.

Shut *up*

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
bluetuba wrote:...It's military lingo for 2 quick shots to the target on as close to the same spot as possible. Furthermore you don't double tap with a shotgun anyway, so your shotgun shells don't make much sense with the slogan.

What you've described is referred to as a 'controlled pair,' actually. To 'double tap' is technically correct in this instance, and in the movie Zombieland. It is a second shot, a coup de grâce, and generally frowned upon in the military.

I'll get to it.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
CVBrennan wrote:I like this one but I didn't realize the Medusa reference right away. I wonder if a waiter turned to stone in the background might contribute to the overall theme. I like the style!

Thanks for the advice! It probably won't get added for this derby, but I'll see about working in a stone waiter for the future.

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: Delight in Small Things

Is it bad when I like my concept sketch better than the final image?

I do like how it turned out, and think my digital sketching improves every week I enter the derby. So that's good...

I'll get to it.

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq
Re: I'm a Husky Inside

Get it? the Chinese Crested dog's reflection shows his Beauty Within which is a handsome husky ^_^

BobbyFuze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobbyFuze
Re: On The Inside

Wow! This design is amazing! This link just got out to all of my geologist friends. I really hope you win. All the best!

djwagemann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djwagemann

love it

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
LadyCordy wrote:For anyone interested in the design, but not enough to vote for it, would a small change be an incentive?

Not sure what you'd change or why. This is clearly a "message" shirt, and I voted for it because of that, but I don't think it would make a material difference to change anything, unless of course you add a fluffy kitty somewhere.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
Re: To the Rescue

FANTASTIC !!! XD

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: To the Rescue

Yeah! Sloth is the epitome of inner beauty!

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

For those questioning the design's relation to the "inner beauty" theme, what I took from it was that while the person may be doing something that appears outwardly violent (killing his friends) he's actually doing so out of a sense of loyalty and love on the inside - protecting his loved ones from an existence of rotting flesh and craving brains.

The more I think about it the more I like it... then again, my sense of humor has a little sick twist to it ;) .

LOL

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Joy of Life

Woot tends to have very strict standards on what they consider PG-13, because they are trying to sell shirts for kids as well as adults. If they reject this, you might try this at threadless or ShirtADay.

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
svelbjorn wrote:What you've described is referred to as a 'controlled pair,' actually. To 'double tap' is technically correct in this instance, and in the movie Zombieland. It is a second shot, a coup de grâce, and generally frowned upon in the military.

A double tap and a controlled pair aren't exactly the same thing, but they are both 2 very fast shots. It's not anything like a coup de grâce, which is the finishing off of a wounded target, or "just to be sure it's dead" in Zombieland.

http://youtu.be/DGAtgqAEnM0

This shirt is questionably on theme, basically a slogan shirt, and IMO too vague a reference for what it's going for.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria
plainyoghurt wrote:Hmmmm.

so either that guy has on a dress or that girl has a beard?

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor
Re: cat lover

Absolutely adorable! This one certainly has my vote!

pauleyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauleyer
mjc613 wrote:Woot tends to have very strict standards on what they consider PG-13, because they are trying to sell shirts for kids as well as adults. If they reject this, you might try this at threadless or ShirtADay.

Thanks for the tip. I really didn't even recognize what others might see in it. I'd fully understand Woot's decision though and move on to more designs. It's my first week entering the derby and I'm already learning quite a bit.

jaaayzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaaayzhu
Re: The Peel

Makes me want to eat an orange right now... droolz

thetavener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetavener
orabbit wrote:For the days you need the world to know. That you're into Wes Anderson.

that or if you are a fantastic fox

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist

Got the ZombieLand reference, but I wish you'd used bullets instead of shotgun shells. The likelihood of needing to double tap with a shotgun and the wisdom of doing so is pretty questionable, even in a hypothetical zombie apocalypse.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
pauleyer wrote:I guess people just see what they want. J shares qualities of an S, the lower half, o and e share qualities, and x and y as well. Hindsight I could have flipped the o character, but I wanted it that direction so that she wasn't facing the same direction as the J character. I could also have closed Y's legs a bit more, but unless its a solid mass you'd claim it was an x, and something looked off to me when there was no gap between the legs.

If you made the J person have their arms horizontal, then it wouldn't look like an S. The arms of the o person make it look like an e. the Y person, well, you know why it looks like an X. My first thought was SEX not JOY.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
DJTweekNYC wrote:I see Sex

I feel better. I am not crazy. Thanks.

penlight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penlight
locoskier78 wrote:Comments and Critiques always welcome. Click here for "higher" res.

I'm so glad I clicked on this to see the full thing. From the thumbnail I couldn't tell what the heck she was doing.