Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

Off my lawn. NOW!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

The only thing I owned as a kid was the viewmaster... so I'm pretty sure I'm not old yet. I hope Just don't release this design in a few years with a SNES, Gameboy, and Portable CD Player.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Verily! And even though I already have more shirts than I need, I'm going to get one.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Also just noticed that that joystick looks like one I have for the Commodore 64.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

jgdctracker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgdctracker
CowboyDann wrote:The only thing I owned as a kid was the viewfinder... so I'm pretty sure I'm not old yet. ...

Ummm- The only thing I owned as a kid was the viewMASTER. That was because the other two hadn't come out yet!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Oh, hey! I remember using all that stuff when I was a kid. Er, wait, does that make me old...

schwarzkatze

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schwarzkatze

And I was just listening to my crotchety boyfriend birch about those new phone and tablet games, and how they can never be as good as consoles because of the screen size and touch screen controls. Thank you woot, this shirt is perfect.

jpowerstech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpowerstech
CowboyDann wrote:The only thing I owned as a kid was the viewfinder... so I'm pretty sure I'm not old yet. I hope Just don't release this design in a few years with a SNES, Gameboy, and Portable CD Player.

You sound like a posing hipster.

It's called a VIEW MASTER! get it right you millenial hipster here's your trophy! ;)

jpowerstech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpowerstech
Harui wrote:Also just noticed that that joystick looks like one I have for the Commodore 64.

I think I might have a couple 1541's laying around. And tons of 5 1/4s too. Manic Miner, Lode Runner, BMX!

ahh my youth.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
Harui wrote:Also just noticed that that joystick looks like one I have for the Commodore 64.

I would say that it's awfully close to one of the third party Atari joysticks, myself.

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

I'm older than 8 track, and any home computer. I'm in for one. This shirt will make me feel better about being old!

CowboyDann

jgdctracker wrote:Ummm- The only thing I owned as a kid was the viewMASTER. That was because the other two hadn't come out yet!

Oh yeah that's what it was called. Edited Fix'd Thanks!

Edit Edit: Also, Whats a posing hipster?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Wait, they don't make Viewmaster anymore? Somewhere I still have a lunchbox with the device and several discs in it. He-Man is one of them, if I recall.

CowboyDann

orabbit wrote:Wait, they don't make Viewmaster anymore? Somewhere I still have a lunchbox with the device and several discs in it. He-Man is one of them, if I recall.

They were still making them in the early 90's I had Aladdin, Lion King, Jetsons and some other ones I can't remember right now.

Yeah looks like they still make it... With Dorah, Spongebob, and kungfu panda reels.

Parkertron

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Parkertron

The joystick reminds me of the one I used on the Amiga, but all joysticks were pretty much the same in the beginning.
I miss the old rotary dials on games like tempest. Ah memories...

frostfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frostfox

This was stuff for a child of the 70's.

Markguns

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Markguns

No View-master but had a Wico Bat handle Joystick for the C64, it kicked butt!

Parkertron

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Parkertron
frostfox wrote:This was stuff for a child of the 70's.

Nope, I'm from the 80s and had all of these new.

midnitebaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnitebaker

I got my View Master in January 1955 with a Snow White & 7 Dwarfs disc. Didn't go for the joystick, but have a cassette player with headphones and yes, it still works. M

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict
orabbit wrote:Wait, they don't make Viewmaster anymore? Somewhere I still have a lunchbox with the device and several discs in it. He-Man is one of them, if I recall.

Check here. They do still make View Masters.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob

Nope!
The Viewmaster in my day had a much more severe, angular shape. The other two didn't exist.

what, Me, sig?

mishmash5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mishmash5

They most definitely still make View-Masters. I used to work in the toy department at Wal Mart.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

Telling our Ages aint we ? lol (Blushing here ) lol. I Remember all of them . The only thing older I think , is Dirt LOL .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

Is there a burlap sack option?

thouck53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thouck53

Like the design but not the color.

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz
obob wrote:Nope!
The Viewmaster in my day had a much more severe, angular shape. The other two didn't exist.

And they only came in one "color", black. Why would they EVER make them in colors? It cost more and there was no competition.

devoyr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages devoyr

Nobody else noticed that the ViewMaster 'clicker' is on the wrong side! -- unless it's a left-handed one.

EllisDTrippman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EllisDTrippman

Wow! It's a Pointmaster joystick for Atari (and possibly C64) I definitely have to get this shirt.

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

MY View Master is brown, which is appropriate - it's older than dirt. As am I...

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Damn kids have it too easy these days!

Insert signature here.

jamesfparks

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jamesfparks
lola4028 wrote:I'm older than 8 track, and any home computer. I'm in for one. This shirt will make me feel better about being old!

That's not an 8-track, that's a cassette tape player. The 8-tracks had built in failure rates because they slid on themselves in a mobius strip fashion while cassettes were like miniature reel-reel players. We scoffed at 8-track owners.

rjclmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjclmt
devoyr wrote:Nobody else noticed that the ViewMaster 'clicker' is on the wrong side! -- unless it's a left-handed one.

Oh no...and I was going to buy this one but now all I see is the wrong sided "clicker"...dang it!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

For the person who wants a t-shirt that declares, "I'm old!" to the rest of the world...

Yeah, I remember all those, though I'm only in my late twenties. I might get it if it was in color. We totally had color photographs and television by then, yanno.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Solid Gen-X shirt.

Speaking of Gen-X, this here is pretty interesting: When it comes to technology, you definitely “act your age”

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

abeandchris

quality posts: 7 Private Messages abeandchris

...we didn't have fancy YouTube videos to add to our internet message board posts. If we saw something funny on our 25" color tube, we couldn't even show it to our friends. We'd have to describe it. We'd talk about how funny it was, or we'd reenact it. And we looked like dummies! And that's the way it was, and we LIKED it. We loved it! "Here we are, Saturday night, nothing to do, watching that guy who does the church lady. I'm angry. Pound the desk! Haw haw, FUNNY!"

pureval

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pureval

In my day we didn't have no fancy pants website selling us funny t-shirts. We got a plain white shirt and a cheap marker and had to be funny on our own. Dang whipper-snappers with no ability think up witty thoughts on their own.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

wstevef1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wstevef1
jamesfparks wrote:That's not an 8-track, that's a cassette tape player. The 8-tracks had built in failure rates because they slid on themselves in a mobius strip fashion while cassettes were like miniature reel-reel players. We scoffed at 8-track owners.

I shared the love with both with my 8-track to cassette adapter.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
jamesfparks wrote:That's not an 8-track, that's a cassette tape player. The 8-tracks had built in failure rates because they slid on themselves in a mobius strip fashion while cassettes were like miniature reel-reel players. We scoffed at 8-track owners.

Portable 8-track players were also a lot bigger. What's on the shirt resembles a Sony Walkman from the early 80s, although it's somewhat generic. It looks a lot like the silver and black one I had as a kid, though. Good times.

My old Suncom 1-button joystick for my C64 also saw a lot of use before I replaced it with a fancier, "ergonomic grip" model.

arosenheim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arosenheim

It should have been THIS Atari joystick:
[url=http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg] http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg[\url]

I definitely would have bought that. Maybe.