j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

The only 8-track player that ever mattered was this one.

move along

djspawn00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djspawn00

Has anyone else noticed the quality of tshirt that woot prints on has gone down to a much lighter weight flimsy quality?

k1down

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k1down

Wow, these shirts are not very good lately.

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola

This is awesome, I'm totally in for one as my birthday was just Saturday. My boyfriend is 5 1/2 ys younger than me and my advanced (!) age is a running joke between us. I recognize the joystick as a 3rd party accessory for my Atari...

~X

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola
j5 wrote:The only 8-track player that ever mattered was this one.

Holy crap that is amazing.

~X

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

I see lots of people wondering if that joystick is compatible with an Atari or Commodore, so I'll offer a friendly reminder that the 2600 and C64 used the same joystick port. It was one of the more brilliant moves by Commodore, since about 800 gazillion controllers that were compatible with their machine already existed when C64s started rolling off the assembly line.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sparklecoogs wrote:I see lots of people wondering if that joystick is compatible with an Atari or Commodore, so I'll offer a friendly reminder that the 2600 and C64 used the same joystick port. It was one of the more brilliant moves by Commodore, since about 800 gazillion controllers that were compatible with their machine already existed when C64s started rolling off the assembly line.

And the Amiga line continued this practice.

move along

UberChurl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages UberChurl

Ok, I will pause my COMMANDER KEEN game to order one....are you happy now??

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
UberChurl wrote:Ok, I will pause my COMMANDER KEEN game to order one....are you happy now??

Very.

I'm just hanging out, really.

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt
arosenheim wrote:It should have been THIS Atari joystick:
[url=http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg] http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg[\url]

I definitely would have bought that. Maybe.

I agree. Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy-shmancy contoured joysticks! We played until we got BLISTERS, and we LIKED IT!

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick
pureval wrote:In my day we didn't have no fancy pants website selling us funny t-shirts. We got a plain white shirt and a cheap marker and had to be funny on our own. Dang whipper-snappers with no ability think up witty thoughts on their own.

In my day, we got to go to the t-shirt shop and pick out a blank t-shirt, an iron-on transfer (Andy Gibb and sparkly unicorns for me!!), and cool letters for our name on the back.

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

We didn't have joysticks because we were an Intellivision household (still have one that I like to play, as a matter of fact). Also, my ViewMaster was red, and the disc I remember the most was Shaggy Dog.

sphini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sphini
orabbit wrote:Wait, they don't make Viewmaster anymore? Somewhere I still have a lunchbox with the device and several discs in it. He-Man is one of them, if I recall.

fleamarketadict wrote:Check here. They do still make View Masters.

And you can order custom ones here.

hifivesrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hifivesrock
sphini wrote:And you can order custom ones here.

oooh! I've bought a custom one from them before for my friends birthday present! she loved it! it was awesome (and so is this shirt!)

djkittn

quality posts: 8 Private Messages djkittn
arosenheim wrote:It should have been THIS Atari joystick:
[url=http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg] http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/2600.jpg[\url]

I definitely would have bought that. Maybe.

Same here. I still love the shirt!

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028
jamesfparks wrote:That's not an 8-track, that's a cassette tape player. The 8-tracks had built in failure rates because they slid on themselves in a mobius strip fashion while cassettes were like miniature reel-reel players. We scoffed at 8-track owners.

Dude! I know the difference between and 8 track and a Walkman. I was there! It doesn't show a picture of the first home pc either.

Sometimes it's easier to look smart by not saying anything at all. Jeez!

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 1674, all on imported Anvil blanks.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb

When to wear this shirt: Walking to school in the snow. Uphill. Both ways.