WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Crazy for Kitties!

Statistics show that if you're shopping on Shirt.Woot, you probably like cats. That's why this sale is just for you! We've put together a collection of feline-themed tank tops, totes, and tees to fill the aching loneliness we're guessing you feel. Enjoy!




Quality Posts

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Yay for kitties!!! I love you woot! Good thing this sale runs for a week, my next paycheck is going to the kitty shirts! I still was hoping for The Artist though...but I have to admit, I want a bunch of these. *sigh*

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Since wootbot didn't create a discussion thread for this week's side sale/"Woot Plus" sale, I made one solely so that I could post:

OCHO! THEY FINALLY PUT YOUR KITTEHS ON AN APRON!!!!!!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Starting Numbers for shirts:
Super Effective: 4398 (based on Diana's numbers)
Cool Cats: 2229 (accurate)
Schrodinger’s Cat: 3818 (based on Diana's numbers)
Finally Caught It: 83
Makin’ Bread: 8655 (includes at least one new sale)
Pure Bread: 1781 (accurate)
Lucky at last: 9265 (accurate)
Actual Cats, HOOOO: 2209 (accurate)
Curiosity: 3761 (accurate)
Schrödinger’s Equation: 8344 (accurate)
Nyan’s Dream: 4426 (accurate)

("Accurate" numbers either from my January-May sales data or "last purchase" indicates no sales since midnight; MB includes sales between midnight and 12:10PM when I remembered to pull numbers; SC and SE are reverse-engineered based on DianaSprinkle's numbers)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 146 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
neuropsychosocial wrote:Starting Numbers for shirts:
Super Effective: 4400
Cool Cats: 2229
Schrodinger’s Cat: 3820 post
Finally Caught It: pending
Makin’ Bread: 8655 (post)
Pure Bread: 1781 (good)
Lucky at last: pending
Actual Cats, HOOOO: 2209
Curiosity: pending
Schrödinger’s Equation: pending
Nyan’s Dream: pending



6. Finally Caught It - Sold 83

From the original side sale.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
DianaSprinkle wrote:6. Finally Caught It - Sold 83

From the original side sale.

Thanks, Diana! And congratulations on having so many adorable kitties in this week's side sale. It's fun to see them all together!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake

Greaaaaaat ... more kitty shirts. Where's the love for dogs?
But Narf - you have most of these!
And your point?
You don't have all of them yet!

Another side sale, another "last Wooter" lost. I still don't know why/how I lost first sucker status for Lucky at Last, though.

lonelypond


quality posts: 447 Private Messages lonelypond

Here at shirtwoot! it will evermore be known as the summer of the cat.

Vote:

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 146 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
neuropsychosocial wrote:Thanks, Diana! And congratulations on having so many adorable kitties in this week's side sale. It's fun to see them all together!



I might be able to look up the end sales figures for the other two, I think I was keeping track at that time. It's good to see my first ever shirt return.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:I still don't know why/how I lost first sucker status for Lucky at Last, though.

I got a PM from another wooter: the "starting number" for Schrodinger’s Cat is lower than the "closing number" when it was Reckoned, by at least ten sales. It seems like woot "lost" some sales in its database during the redesign (and at least one other shirt had "first wooter" change, too). BTW, is the first Lucky at Last still listed in your purchase history?

ETA: "speed to first woot" for Lucky at Last is listed as 59m 30.117s. That suggests they lost almost an hour of sales. OH WAIT. That means... ZUT ALORS!

ETA2: neuro mentally kicks a tire The "starting number" I pulled for Lucky at Last is the closing number from Lucky's Reckoning. Because I didn't think to pull the starting numbers until 12:15 and there were already sales on two shirts, I pulled the closing numbers for LaL, ND, and SC from my data without cross-checking it against woot's posted numbers. It looks like ND and SC are fine, but I missed an opportunity to see how many sales Lucky lost in the redesign, but it looks like it's only a few. FWIW, "speed to first woot" is now listed as 0m 34.000s. It doesn't really matter, of course, except to satisfy my own curiosity about how/to what extent woot broke during the redesign - which I find interesting. Oh well. Few spoonfuls of ice cream and my intellectual curiosity will be frozen!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jrs1980


quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

That is a whole lot of puns in the descriptions.

I've never seen the need for an apron, but a kneading kitty might just change that.

Cat picture-posting tiemz y/y?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
DianaSprinkle wrote:It's good to see my first ever shirt return.


Ditto! I do have an original run of it ... somewhere over here.

Why they didn't offer Fishbiscuit's first Woot shirt too, I don't know, but it does seem that we've come upon a fast-track way to get a print at Woot - draw kitties!

neuropsychosocial wrote:... but I missed an opportunity to see how many sales Lucky lost in the redesign, but it looks like it's only a few.


If it did, my guess is only one or two, and if anything, it was probably my purchase of it. Is it Woot's way to help me de-Ramy, I'm not sure, even though I happen to like both of them enough that I bought them on purpose.

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
DianaSprinkle wrote:I might be able to look up the end sales figures for the other two, I think I was keeping track at that time. It's good to see my first ever shirt return.

If you happen to have a closing number for Schrodinger’s Cat, I'm curious how it compares to the other numbers drifting around for it, but obviously it's not that important - just my own curiosity - so if it would take more than a few seconds, don't worry about it.

Narfcake wrote:Why they didn't offer Fishbiscuit's first Woot shirt too, I don't know

Shortage of creme Anvil? As for Lucky at Last: did you ever buy a second one? Once again, it doesn't really matter, but I have a few theories on what happened to woot's databases (which is why I asked if it's still listed in your purchase history); I don't care at all what happened to woot's database during the redesign; I care dearly about understanding as much as possible about what might cause data to disappear so I can protect the database that really matters to me... especially now that I'm no longer on-site and have to rely on other people (whimper!) to care for it.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Shortage of creme Anvil? As for Lucky at Last: did you ever buy a second one? ...


Possibly ... or saving it for part II. There are still more cat shirts to they can offer!

Lucky at Last ... yes, it's still listed (on page 6 on my account). No, I didn't aim for last (it switched over by then already), though I did end up with a second copy (with the newest AA tag) ... as if I didn't have enough cat shirts already!

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:[snip]Lucky at Last ... yes, it's still listed (on page 6 on my account). No, I didn't aim for last (it switched over by then already), though I did end up with a second copy (with the newest AA tag) ... as if I didn't have enough cat shirts already!

Yes, you've previously mentioned around woot that you own a few cat shirts and chose not to aim for last wooter on Lucky at Last. At least, like, a dozen times or more. Thanks for answering my question about whether both purchases of Lucky are still in your history: one way for data to disappear is running a logical "cleanser" on it, for lack of a better term, that might decide that two purchases by Narfcake must mean an error and "cleaning" an entry out. But it sounds like there's a disconnect between the backend database and account.woot, at the very least...

Side sale: honestly, I really don't like cats very much; I've previously had allergic reactions that resulted in ER trips, so I'm a bit leery. But all the kitties are so cute; I'm tempted by a Makin' Bread apron! Anyone's dog attack their cat shirts?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 146 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
neuropsychosocial wrote:If you happen to have a closing number for Schrodinger’s Cat, I'm curious how it compares to the other numbers drifting around for it, but obviously it's not that important - just my own curiosity - so if it would take more than a few seconds, don't worry about it.



I have 3829 for Schrodinger's Cat which is the same as the other number floating around. So I'm going with woot had a few canceled orders or someone's credit card had an issue... Hard to tell.

Right now the sales link I have for Schrodinger's Cat says this:

UNIT TOTALS
Debut: 6
Ongoing: 3818
Total: 3824

Debut is a confusing number I think it should sales for the first day but is way too low. It seems to be recent sales as I can add them to 3818 to get 3824.

I have Super Effective ending at: 4398

The sales link numbers for Super Effective are not as useful for tracking the new sales as the Schrodinger's cat numbers. They are:

UNIT TOTALS
Debut: 2919
Ongoing: 1485
Total: 4404

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Thanks, Diana. I think your guess that sales for Schrodinger's Cat started at 3818 tonight is accurate; sales were 3820 when I first grabbed a starting number for SC and that included new sales. Super Effective, however, did not have any new sales (it said something like, "last sale: six months ago" or something like that. It's interesting that your final number for it is lower than what I would have assumed was an accurate starting number. I'll adjust the number I listed in my initial post to what you have for it. (FWIW, to the extent that any of this "matters," the number that matters is the one Narfcake uses.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

AdmanCS


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AdmanCS

I considered the lightweight Nyan hoodie, but the back print looks awfully small... I know that's as small as it was on the front of the shirt, but on the back of a hoodie, it seems like it should be larger. Like maybe 3x the size it is in the mockup. Maybe it's just me.

jezebelseven


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Will probably nab the apron, but no shirts, because I have the ones I want from this batch. No Magic Lamp?! SADFACE. No Too Much Catnip? DOUBLE SADFACE.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
jezebelseven wrote:Will probably nab the apron, but no shirts, because I have the ones I want from this batch. No Magic Lamp?! SADFACE. No Too Much Catnip? DOUBLE SADFACE.


Crazy for Kitties part II?

newnie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

I love my procatstination shirt (even though I'd prefer it to not say procatstination across the top) because it's the world's softest shirt! I don't know why, but I feel like the slate gray is the softest color in AA! I don't know if I'll get it though, seeing as I bought it the t-shirt for $12 and feel weird for buying it in a tank top version for more money.

geegee63


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

I'm SO EXCITED! Super Effective is finally mine! I've been hoping since I joined that they would put that one in a side sale.

I know the men sizes (which I like wearing since I'm a big girl) are on the other shirt blank but I had to get one of those for me and then I got the women's size for my sister.

I'm just happy.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle

Gosh darn it, the "You weren't invited" is only available on a tank top, and a unisex one at that. I have wanted that tshirt since the first day I discovered shirt.woot via DoOoMCat's webcomic Bearnuts. But I clicked the link months after it had been on sale, so obviously it had been reckoned. Now its there, but not on a tshirt. Why woot? Why would you do that to me?

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Narfcake wrote:Crazy for Kitties part II?



Crazy for Kitties: MORE CRAZY

I'm just hanging out, really.

dcroe05


quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

So happy that I can now pickup DianaSprinkle's Schrodinger's Cat.

This shirt was reckoned a week after I first found Woot (before I understood how the reckoning worked), and I've been looking for it ever since.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
lilsquiggle wrote:Gosh darn it, the "You weren't invited" is only available on a tank top, and a unisex one at that. I have wanted that tshirt since the first day I discovered shirt.woot via DoOoMCat's webcomic Bearnuts. But I clicked the link months after it had been on sale, so obviously it had been reckoned. Now its there, but not on a tshirt. Why woot? Why would you do that to me?



Watch teetrade.org

There is a MXXL listed currently.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
AdmanCS wrote:I considered the lightweight Nyan hoodie, but the back print looks awfully small... I know that's as small as it was on the front of the shirt, but on the back of a hoodie, it seems like it should be larger. Like maybe 3x the size it is in the mockup. Maybe it's just me.



This! Thank you! I came to this thread specifically to see if I was crazy or if other people were bothered by this. Nyan's Dream is one of my favorite shirts, and I was so excited to see it on a hoodie--but that print on the back is absurdly tiny. Even on the front, I'd prefer the Pop-Tarts be larger... but the back kills it for sure.

Is this an accurate mock-up, then? On the Schrodinger's Equation hoodie, the print fills up the back. Any chance this is a mistake on Nyan's Dream?

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:
OCHO! THEY FINALLY PUT YOUR KITTEHS ON AN APRON!!!!!!



Muahahahahahaha!! *maniacal laughter continues for rest of the day*

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
heyjoie wrote:Is this an accurate mock-up, then? On the Schrodinger's Equation hoodie, the print fills up the back. Any chance this is a mistake on Nyan's Dream?



Mock up is WRONG!!!!

Look at the numbers:

Schrodinger's Equation Lightweight Hoodie
Placement (Back): Centered
Printed Size (Back): 9” x 14.40”

Nyan's Dream Lightweight Hoodie
Placement (Back): Centered
Printed Size (Back): 11” x 10.59”

There's no way that print is 2" wider than the other other. Also, if we're looking at width between 16.5" and 24.5" That image should be at LEAST 50% of the available space, and it's less than 30% in the mockup.



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

quabaq


quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
bounty42 wrote:There's no way that print is 2" wider than the other other. Also, if we're looking at width between 16.5" and 24.5" That image should be at LEAST 50% of the available space, and it's less than 30% in the mockup.



They appear to me to be about the same width on the mock-ups. I put a ruler up to my computer screen, and they both measure about 1 1/16 inches across. I think that it's just harder to make out the stars on the Nyan Cat with that heather-like material.

zerglingfood


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerglingfood

Aww, why isn't Schrodinger’s Cat on a tote bag? Just think of the puns you are missing out on.

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
zerglingfood wrote:Aww, why isn't Schrodinger’s Cat on a tote bag? Just think of the puns you are missing out on.



They did put it on the bag, but then they set a quantum order state on the same bag. I'm guessing you ended up with the no-sale version. B)



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

garethmtran


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garethmtran

I've been waiting for there to be a Woot!Plus with cats for the longest time! This is awesome.
But why isn'there the ProCATStination
by Anna-Maria Jung "Tee"!!!!!!!!!!!
Please make another Woot!Plus with more cat stuff please :3

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
bounty42 wrote:Mock up is WRONG!!!!

Look at the numbers:

Schrodinger's Equation Lightweight Hoodie
Placement (Back): Centered
Printed Size (Back): 9” x 14.40”

Nyan's Dream Lightweight Hoodie
Placement (Back): Centered
Printed Size (Back): 11” x 10.59”

There's no way that print is 2" wider than the other other. Also, if we're looking at width between 16.5" and 24.5" That image should be at LEAST 50% of the available space, and it's less than 30% in the mockup.



Oooh, good eye! Can someone at Woot weigh in on this please? I'm on the fence, but there's no way I'm buying if there's any chance the print looks like it does in the mock-up.

quabaq wrote:They appear to me to be about the same width on the mock-ups. I put a ruler up to my computer screen, and they both measure about 1 1/16 inches across. I think that it's just harder to make out the stars on the Nyan Cat with that heather-like material.



Are you measuring from the edge of the cat's tail on Schrodinger's Equation (I'm assuming that's the widest part)? I don't have a ruler handy but Nyan's Dream looks less wide. Even if they were the same, that still doesn't make sense that the Nyan's Dream print is listed as 2" wider. Hmm...

vielleicht


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

The wallpaper blends into the background; if you look very carefully, and measure from the edges of the wallpaper, you'll see that it spans about half the width of the hoodie, which is about how wide it would be, proportionally.

Sad, because I feel like Nyan should have been the measuring point, not the wallpaper.

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
vielleicht wrote:The wallpaper blends into the background; if you look very carefully, and measure from the edges of the wallpaper, you'll see that it spans about half the width of the hoodie, which is about how wide it would be, proportionally.

Sad, because I feel like Nyan should have been the measuring point, not the wallpaper.



Ooooh, I see what you mean. When quabaq mentioned the stars, I was thinking the stars on the mobile (and I was confused, haha). Yes, I agree, Nyan should've been the measuring point. Oh well, this is probably best for Future Joie, who will have to pay her credit card off at the end of the month.

dasknave


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dasknave

Nooooo, I lost last wooter on Nyan's Dream!

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
dasknave wrote:Nooooo, I lost last wooter on Nyan's Dream!


Join the club ...

(Lost last on Release the Cuddlin', Unstealthiest Ninja, Schrodinger's Equation, and for some reason, lost first on Lucky at Last too.)

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jrs1980 wrote:Cat picture-posting tiemz y/y?


Y

I'm just hanging out, really.

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
inkycatz wrote:Y


What the?! This is Woot ... it's supposed to be Taco Cat!