2%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

So I guess this answers the question on how many dark lords does it take...

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif

If I hadn't sworn off Star Wars shirts in protest, I'd buy this. Such a clever design!

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

OmniOne

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OmniOne

Is he willing to wash my windows while he's at it?

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

That's some precision light bulb changing. A little bit higher and you might stop breathing.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

You think we're going to ship shirts on the day Thomas Jefferson gave birth to baby America? How unpatriotic of you! No we'll ship your shirts on Thursday, July 5th. I loved the disclamer. Happy 4th Everyone.

The minimalist nature and huge distance between Vader and the light bulb is what really makes the shirt. It wouldn't be the same if he were closer or more stuff was going on.

goldenlegend

quality posts: 5 Private Messages goldenlegend

The Darklord finds the lack of light disturbing.

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

Just think of the shards of glass all over the floor from the young padawans learning this in Jedi school. Poor Yoda and his bare feet.

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995

Wasn't there a running out of jokes/mining for puns writeup a while back? Doubly ironic, if so.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9

So is he replacing a burned out bulb with a new bulb, or a working bulb with a dark bulb?

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Vader isn't worried about the planet, he isn't using energy efficient bulbs.

I don't know.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
Thirdbase9 wrote:Vader isn't worried about the planet, he isn't using energy efficient bulbs.

The first thing I noticed were the bulbs as well.

True story: Using inefficient incandescent light bulbs were his "Plan B" for destroying Alderaan.

phileoca

quality posts: 11 Private Messages phileoca

It would be funnier if it was Yoda since he's much smaller. Besides, too many vadar shirts.

My wife woots too

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Switch to Energy Star and you will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

Wonder if this was plan B after ruling out Vader changing the bulb on his light saber?

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

That's funny, I thought Vader preferred turning things to the dark side...

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

One of the easiest shirt.woot purchases ever for me. I love this shirt.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

That is awesome, hit the button in like 5 seconds.

CT

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Don't despair Woot. There will not be a pun shortage on my watch. If you run out of pure puns, you can always resort to crossing puns. Fortunately, that's not as dangerous as crossing streams.

For example...

Well Vader, I guess you've finally seen the light.
Vader: Yes, I have seen the light... I'm putting the band back together.

phileoca wrote:It would be funnier if it was Yoda since he's much smaller. Besides, too many vadar shirts.

No way. It can't be Yoda. Wouldn't work. Yoda never turned to the dark side. Don'tcha get it, dark lord, light bulb. eh? eh!

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

This is symbolism at its finest. He's replicating The Creation of Adam. Where he (Darth) is reaching towards Adam, aka The Lightbulb, aka Luke Skywalker. Since Luke is Adam, and his sister is well.. you know. That means Adam and Eve were brother and sister, and yes, technically that IS true. So Luke and Leia are Adam and Eve, and the artist is depicting that Darth is God. But, he wants to change the bulb, he wants to CHANGE Luke. Or rather, replace overall. As you all know, the Mayans predicted the end of mankind (Please don't research too much into this. Just take my word. 100% of it.) as we know it by Dec 21, 2012. I believe this shirt is telling us that God (Darth) is going to replace MAN with a different sub-set of species, one more worthy of his image. And so, we are the Lukes of this planet, but soon, our lord and savior will have us replaced. It's just a matter of time. And this t-shirt depicts that. It's only a matter of time until He uses "The Force". Because waiting and using calmer matters such as reaching up, reaching OUT to US, obviously didn't work. And so, he will have to resort to his godly powers to truly make a change.

God bless us all. It looks like our time has truly run out.

yes it's me lol

pretender54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretender54

COME TO THE DARK SIDE

we have cookies

Puddytoes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Puddytoes

I admit that I giggled. I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. If only because no one will notice the bulb by the neckline and it will look like he's reaching for my left boob.

Love, Luck and Lollipops!

every1nosme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages every1nosme
Thirdbase9 wrote:Vader isn't worried about the planet, he isn't using energy efficient bulbs.

These are not the cfl's you are looking for...
*waves hand dramatically in front of your face*

Somebody had to make the joke so don't blame it on me

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal

Nice tribute to our National Holiday. Do you guys even know today is July 4th?

f&ckwads.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Puddytoes wrote:I admit that I giggled. I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. If only because no one will notice the bulb by the neckline and it will look like he's reaching for my left boob.

Exactly. I can't spend $12 for a grope. MAYBE if it was Mace Windu.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
cantstopthesignal wrote:Nice tribute to our National Holiday. Do you guys even know today is July 4th?

f&ckwads.

Why does everything sold on the 4th of July need to be Independence Day-related? We're celebrating our freedom to sell whatever the heck we want on a t-shirt.

You want a patriotic shirt? Go to Old Navy.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
every1nosme wrote:These are not the cfl's you are looking for...
*waves hand dramatically in front of your face*

Somebody had to make the joke so don't blame it on me

Ha, now that's funny. Out of all the comments, this one is the only one that had me laughing.

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices
curli76 wrote:Why does everything sold on the 4th of July need to be Independence Day-related? We're celebrating our freedom to sell whatever the heck we want on a t-shirt.

You want a patriotic shirt? Go to Old Navy.

No come to WOOT. Woot always serves up plenty of Holloween/Xmas/Easter/Turkeyday Shirts. I expected something similarly cool today. Even Woot is celebrating, they arent shipping till tomorrow.

Although I would admit that in many ways and unlicensed tshirt paying tribute to one of the greatest movie franchises of all time is festive in its own way. Happy 4th all!

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

My first shirt purchase. I hope I selected the right size and I hope I'm not disappointed with the quality of the shirt.

JKoleszar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JKoleszar

Why would anyone (who had to ship) sell a patriotic shirt on 7/4?? It won't arrive until next week at the earliest and then I would have to wait a full year to wear it! You get 2 weeks, tops, to wear holiday clothing BEFORE said holiday to wear festive garments, with the exception of Arbor Day, that salt water is good year round!

Prime time to sell is 3 weeks prior to the holiday. 1 week to ship, 2 to wear.

"The problem with being nuts, she thought, is that you don't always feel as if you're nuts. Sometimes, in fact, you feel perfectly sane, and there just happens to be a trailer-shaped dragon crouching in the lot next door."
— Christopher Moore

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Puddytoes wrote:I admit that I giggled. I wouldn't wear it on a shirt. If only because no one will notice the bulb by the neckline and it will look like he's reaching for my left boob.

Come in Tokyo.

move along

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

I thought Vader was a enjoyed the dark side? Oh well.

Just when you thought there were no more creative ideas for a Star Wars shirt, this one waltzes in and puts all others to shame. Well done..

Yeah, so there's that...

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

Agreed! Love the design but placement doesn't work really well for me. Put this on a Tote for me Woot and I'm in!

JPMallon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JPMallon

Is anyone else getting redirected to sellout.woot when attempting to view today's shirt.woot?

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Awesome! My second shirt purchase for my husband. He loves Star Wars and it sort of reminded me of this commercial, which is his current favorite.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

mserafin0615

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mserafin0615

Unfortunately another shirt I can't order. Please offer a Women's Extra Small option soon...I hate missing out on such epic clothing and of course the support of community artists.

kingofcrusher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingofcrusher

Jesus Christ, another Star Wars shirt. Yay for more pop-culture references, lately this site has been the Family Guy of shirts.

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13

Maybe Darth Vader is a Buddhist. For him, change does come from within.

Dosia84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dosia84

It's Darth's brother, Chad, doing some handy work around the Death Star.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades Rodrigo!
It's very funny! LOL!