inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey two hours ago I was barely awake! Did you also see the hoodie hiding in the hoodie sale?

And this gem was posted by a FB friend!

I'm just hanging out, really.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
inkycatz wrote:Hey two hours ago I was barely awake! Did you also see the hoodie hiding in the hoodie sale?

And this gem was posted by a FB friend!

If only...that case alone is reason enough to stay with a pc!

In other news...and a possible SPOILER follows...

back at home, version 2 informs me that according to a Dr Who facebook posting, someone is getting a new TARDIS interior for Chirstmas this year. Perhaps this ties in with that quick flash of a blank Rolls Royce manufacturer's plate inside the TARDIS during an earlier episode (Angels Take Manhattan?) this year.

(EDIT: It's true...and for those of you who want a peek go here: The Doctor's New Ride)

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

inkycatz

olcubmaster wrote:
(EDIT: It's true...and for those of you who want a peek go here: The Doctor's New Ride)

Sweet ride! So who's going to be watching the Christmas special?

olcubmaster

inkycatz wrote:Sweet ride! So who's going to be watching the Christmas special?

Christmas day will find Version 2 and me planted firmly in place on the couch at 8pm tuned to BBC America...and finally, on the HD channel.

FiOS took a while to add that one.

inkycatz

Who Music for today!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
inkycatz wrote:Sweet ride! So who's going to be watching the Christmas special?

I think Orc and I will be catching up on a couple Matt Smith specials we missed now that Amazon has them SUBTITLED!!!!!!!! *YAY* Happy Dance!!!!

So, if they um, get the new one, AND they like, uh, subtitle it.... TOTALLY!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

inkycatz

KtCallista wrote:I think Orc and I will be catching up on a couple Matt Smith specials we missed now that Amazon has them SUBTITLED!!!!!!!! *YAY* Happy Dance!!!!

So, if they um, get the new one, AND they like, uh, subtitle it.... TOTALLY!

I'm excited that streaming media is totally catching on to this. It may not be a simple thing to provide but it is a needed thing.

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:I'm excited that streaming media is totally catching on to this. It may not be a simple thing to provide but it is a needed thing.

Next up for my blind friends: Audio Description optional audio!

I am very happy. Now to get the movie theaters caught up so Orc never has to feel so alone in a theater ever again (Riddles in the Dark)

olcubmaster

I must have been in another world last season. Version 2 and I watched Black Spot last night and it was the first time I'd seen it. Where the heck was I? Tonight - the Doctor's Wife - and I can't say for sure I've seen that either.

Then again I'll probably get 20 minutes into it and go "oh yeah..."

This coming from a man who once sat in a movie theater for 75 minutes before realizing I had seen the film before.

olcubmaster

Well here it is almost 18 hours after the Chirstmas special...anyone recover enough to discuss this yet?

inkycatz

olcubmaster wrote:Well here it is almost 18 hours after the Chirstmas special...anyone recover enough to discuss this yet?

I don't think I really liked it. Going to watch it again tonight and see if that was just off on the wrong foot, or I missed something subtle, or what. But overall, it didn't really do it for me.

I did like the new opening, the governess' outfit and the new TARDIS though!

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

Enjoyed the episode.... even if it was a little cheesy... but not a fan of the new tardis; it reminded me of the musical box from Camberwick Green, all the spinning around like a cheap carousel.

some great one-liners though

inkycatz

dougall wrote:Enjoyed the episode.... even if it was a little cheesy... but not a fan of the new tardis; it reminded me of the musical box from Camberwick Green, all the spinning around like a cheap carousel.

some great one-liners though

I think the appeal to me is that it looks very "future". It also looks a bit colder and less "organic/warm" if that makes sense. Which seems appropriate to me given where the doctor was mentally at the start of the episode.

dougall

inkycatz wrote:It also looks a bit colder and less "organic/warm" if that makes sense.

Yeah, but they should have bigger budgets than the BBC of the 70s.

All that stood out for me was the spinning and the LCDs vs. CRTs.

I think I liked the addition of the St. John's ambulance plaque on the door better than this upheaval.

But, it's watched now. On to something else.

and ....

This

someone remind me to call my mum to have her send me a few sets.

inkycatz

dougall wrote:
This

someone remind me to call my mum to have her send me a few sets.

Ooooh! I just made total grabby hands at the screen.

dougall

inkycatz wrote:Ooooh! I just made total grabby hands at the screen.

In lieu of access to the royal mail I'll offer you a new friend.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Next up for my blind friends: Audio Description optional audio!

I am very happy. Now to get the movie theaters caught up so Orc never has to feel so alone in a theater ever again (Riddles in the Dark)

Yaaaahooooo for audio description! I'm always amazed at how much I've missed on movies with audio description!

dougall

does it have a kitchen?

(potential spoilers.....)

dougall

dougall wrote:I haven't gone back to check,

but did I hear him say 1200?

And now he's saying 1000.

oh doctor, perhaps you should write it down or something, lest you forget.

(teasers not spoilers)

inkycatz

In light of our newest companion, I felt this was relevant information to have:
The Science of the Perfect Souffle

I have never made a souffle.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I luff the new... companion? Plotline? Recurring Character?

Who cares, she's awesome. I was glad that they revisited the fact that her character was essentially the main driving force of Asylum of the Daleks. Good for them.

inkycatz

Moueska wrote:I luff the new... companion? Plotline? Recurring Character?

Who cares, she's awesome. I was glad that they revisited the fact that her character was essentially the main driving force of Asylum of the Daleks. Good for them.

The more I think about it, even if it turns out to be a stupid explanation, I'm still intrigued enough to watch.

So mission accomplished right?

Please enjoy some Friday Who Music!

Moueska

I actually have that song on my MP3 player. This, too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5WsDVmsU[/youtube]

Also,

Has this fanart blog been shared?

No?

No time like the present, then!

inkycatz

Who advice needed in Deals!

amjur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur
jawsuser wrote:Yaaaahooooo for audio description! I'm always amazed at how much I've missed on movies with audio description!

This sounds really intriguing. How does one get it? and also I am now annoyed that Amazon doesnt have subtitles for everything.

jawsuser

The only two places I have ever found audio description is in Library of Congress Talking Book Library videos and some PBS videos.

amjur wrote:This sounds really intriguing. How does one get it? and also I am now annoyed that Amazon doesnt have subtitles for everything.

jawsuser

inkycatz wrote:
Who advice needed in Deals!

This looks intriguing. What is it called and is it available on Hulu?

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:This looks intriguing. What is it called and is it available on Hulu?

It is fun! We started the kids on Sarah Jane Adventures a couple years ago. We grabbed them from the local rental shop (which has amazing selection). Not sure about online, definitely not Hulu, but probably Amazon. We need to watch the last season still, but haven't had the heart since the actress died right after it wrapped.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:The only two places I have ever found audio description is in Library of Congress Talking Book Library videos and some PBS videos.

Most blu-rays come with audio description! When my low vision bff comes over and watches a movie with my husband and I (and my husband needs subtitles) well you get a whole new appreciation for the movie!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:It is fun! We started the kids on Sarah Jane Adventures a couple years ago. We grabbed them from the local rental shop (which has amazing selection). Not sure about online, definitely not Hulu, but probably Amazon. We need to watch the last season still, but haven't had the heart since the actress died right after it wrapped.

So it is called the Sarah Jane adventures?

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:So it is called the Sarah Jane adventures?

Yes, yes I believe it is.

inkycatz

KtCallista wrote:We need to watch the last season still, but haven't had the heart since the actress died right after it wrapped.

Yeah.. But the rest of it is fun!

inkycatz

Doctor Who returns March 30!

How should we celebrate?

Moueska

I celebrated by getting a Dr. Who T-shirt.

It shrunk in the wash.

So now, instead of being one size too big, it's amusingly two sizes two short.

I haven't decided whether or not to take it back.

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:Doctor Who returns March 30!

How should we celebrate?

I guess I should celebrate by getting caught up.... I'm still a season behind, but I have the blu-ray. It's just the new job and my exhaustion getting in the way.

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:Yeah.. But the rest of it is fun!

I'm sure it is, I think it's just the last season I have left.

olcubmaster

inkycatz wrote:Doctor Who returns March 30!

How should we celebrate?

I'm prepping for the new season by indulging in "The Doctors Revisited" series. I tuned in about a half hour into the first one Sunday night (appropriately enough titled "First Doctor") which led seamlessly into the original Doc in "The Aztecs". Unfortunately it ran till midnight and I had to bail out early.

So - late tuning in, early tuning out...definitely have it set on the DVR for a full watching.

What I did see of "The Aztecs" was actually far better than I expected. By today's standards it is a bit stale in casting and acting styles, but it was the way it was done back in the day.

Anyone else?

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

The versions have now made it to Doctor 11 (the spry young Matt Smith).

There was a bit of hand holding and cuddling under blankets involved at the end there when the regeneration happened. Saying goodbye is always hard.

Oddly the middle version, who is almost 6, couldn't remember there being a Doctor 9. She remembers Rose and Jack, but Rose was always with Doctor 10 right?

They like Amy. The Star Whale and the new multi-colored Daleks got a resounding "cool!" reaction.

Next we find out how they handle it when the Weeping Angels turn evil instead of being the "nicest killers in the galaxy who just send you back in time" from Don't Blink.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Also, I am less than impressed with amazon's HD streaming of Season 5. At least on our connection it has to pause to buffer a lot and the HD is a lot more pixelated than I expected. Perhaps I should try the rather ugly non HD again. Plus no subtitles on this season yet (oh well).

It's almost enough to just make me order the season on blu-ray (which is $20 cheaper than DVD for some reason).

(It's a retail conspiracy isn't it?)

dougall

hmmm