dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
generichuman2794 wrote:1. this idea is hilarious!
2. How do you get so much depth with only three colors? This is great.

I always think about how will the design with few colors, the fewer the better. From here we can always add more colors, but not necessary.
Halftones help much;)

dcastello

Re: Comfort Your Food

Good luck, it´s so cute ;)
I´m sure that this design can look good with fewer colors;)

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Vegetarian

This is so going to look like a cat jumping from boob to boob.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

paaiyan wrote:Is the rejectionator on vacation?

They've taken to only working on Fridays, because odds are good that if you're not in on Day 1 you're not going to place, and if you're not top 10, and you're not a public decency issue, they don't HAVE to reject you, even if your entry is unacceptable, because it won't print, a few more commas because I don't think I used enough,,,,,,,.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

benjaminleebates wrote:Actually, look at the C's, they are pac-man. This is skirting the rejectionator for sure. Very clever, nonetheless.

The C's are Cs, and may look like PacMan, but are Cs. The FONT however, is likely subject to Copyright, as that doesn't appear to be Free Hand.

generichuman2794

quality posts: 0 Private Messages generichuman2794
dcastello wrote:I always think about how will the design with few colors, the fewer the better. From here we can always add more colors, but not necessary.
Halftones help much;)

I wish I was good at halftoning. Every time I do it, I feel like I'm doing it wrong. It never comes out looking nice. Just need to get the hang of it, I suppose.

djwessels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djwessels
amandatex wrote:Gotta love a Holy Grail reference.

With Big, Sharp, Nasty Teeth. ;)

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq
tjschaeffer wrote:Halftones look much better now!

Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it. After changing settings a few times and watching more tutorials, I figured out how to use halftones. They were very frustrating to learn though :/

tjthiede

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjthiede
Re: Mmm... Chicken Pot Pi

Remake this with a flower pot

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor
anemality wrote:That moment when you realize you will never be as happy as that mouse.

^ This, so much. Mmmm Fondue.

jaaayzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaaayzhu
Re: Can I have a nugget?

Too addicted to Mcnuggets?

dcastello

generichuman2794 wrote:I wish I was good at halftoning. Every time I do it, I feel like I'm doing it wrong. It never comes out looking nice. Just need to get the hang of it, I suppose.

I'm sure there is a web tutorial on how to do them properly ;)

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: Marshmallow dinner.

Awesomerrimo!!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Creature Comfort V2!

Here's a simplified version of this kitteh. I used the feedback I got from the first one to simplify the design a bit. Might as well!

bounty42

ochopika wrote:Here's a simplified version of this kitteh. I used the feedback I got from the first one to simplify the design a bit. Might as well!

Let's see how Meteoric a rise this has.

bounty42

Re: soytastic

Bonus points for using the oldest Shirt template!!

bounty42

phylumsynthesis wrote:OOh! If you do, I'd love to get their information.

Talked to my printer, and he said he's getting out of the business, just as soon as he can convince his wife to stop taking new contracts...

djbowman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djbowman
Re: Life or Death, the 5 second rule

I really like this concept but the execution throws me off .... What if you had something diffrent like boxing candy and one laid out on the mat with people around counting .... eg think Rocky ...

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

very well done

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: A Warm Meal

Great work guys! Looks fantastic on the shirt!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I strongly prefer the original; in fact, I don't think this one is funny at all, and I wouldn't purchase it, on a shirt or on an apron. Why? Because this is merely the meme; the original version - which is still in the fog - references not only the meme, but also a long history of food advertisements and food packaging. I realize that my opinion might be an outlier, especially because I don't find the meme itself to be particularly funny, but I think the original design is one of the best designs that I've ever seen on woot because the parody is so absolutely spot-on. This isn't parody or cultural commentary at all: it's a meme on a t-shirt. It's cute n' stuff, but it lacks the the insightfulness of the original.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Shirter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
Re: Snack Time

Still rocking a solid 22nd place!

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

I'm new here. can you please remove this bad quality entry.

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: You Are What You Eat

I don't know that that cow would be quite so happy.

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee

I really want the thumbnail monkey on a t-shirt.

kyooeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyooeh
noxandpy wrote:Yup, that little panda's going to have quite the tummy ache! SO.MANY.NOODLES.

Slurp.

Here's the big one!

No such thing as so many noodles!

writermist

I love this!<3
I would so wear this!
It's so creative.

writermist

I <3 sushi.
I <3 dragons.
I LOVE THIS SHIRT!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I [i]strongly[/i[ prefer the original; in fact, I don't think this one is funny at all, and I wouldn't purchase it, on a shirt or on an apron. Why? Because this is merely the meme; the original version - which is still in the fog - references not only the meme, but also a long history of food advertisements and food packaging. I realize that my opinion might be an outlier, especially because I don't find the meme itself to be particularly funny, but I think the original design is one of the best designs that I've ever seen on woot because the parody is so absolutely spot-on. This isn't parody or cultural commentary at all: it's a meme on a t-shirt. It's cute n' stuff, but it lacks the the insightfulness of the original.

Well then! Good thing I've still got the other one up. I'm glad you like the "old-fashioned brand logo" feeling I was going for with the original. It's nice to hear some critique for both versions.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Mashed Potatoes

Woot normally rejects shirts that do not have the same background color in both the thumbnail and the shirt template pictures. Can you correct the thumbnail to show an olive background instead of white?

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Sushi Time

It's cute, I like it. The inside of the sushi might look a little to close to real body parts (sushi with a 6-pack) :•) great work. +1

DBUNCH1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DBUNCH1010
Re: Mmm... Chicken Pot Pi v2

how do i buy the damn thing?

collinvh

Re: Grilled Cheese

The life of a criminal. GMV.

collinvh

Re: Fatal Meeting

Very funny! I hope they sleep well.

collinvh

Re: Ninja AtTACO!

I wish this taco was killing it! I love it man!

rydrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydrew
Re: Braaains: Nutrition Facts

DID YOU KNOW it’s a practical impossibility for zombies to subsist on braaains, due to the effort required to crack open a human skull? DID YOU KNOW the “zombies eat braaains” meme originated in the 1985 film “The Return of the Living Dead”? DID YOU KNOW we think 10,600% is a crazy funny number, we don’t know why — but the high cholesterol in the brain comes from the fatty myelin sheaths on the axons of the neurons?

carolinekelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolinekelly

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: Mac Loves Cheese

ladyriven83 wrote:I love mac and cheese. This is the best! Definitely want one.

manikx66 wrote:very cute

Thank you both! It is much appreciated!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet? can has one yet?

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Tea will make it all better

jasneko flair + tea reference = i'll have two, please!

*tee for two and woot for tee*