cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
cdrewlow wrote:I absolutely adore this shirt. That has to the cutest skull ever and the lettering is great!

Thank you, thank you...I'll continue to try!

gryphoncat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncat
Re: Dragon Roll

This shirt is GORGEOUS, and I want to wear the fabulous art! Unfortunately, the design is lost on the dark brown. I would LOVE to see it on a brighter color.

~G'Cat

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
mjc613 wrote:Woot normally rejects shirts that do not have the same background color in both the thumbnail and the shirt template pictures. Can you correct the thumbnail to show an olive background instead of white?

Sure - it's my first time and I didn't know.

savethehumans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savethehumans
Re: Veggie Hot Dog

I love this one. Hope its get higher up soon!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 7 Private Messages benjaminleebates
darling375 wrote:Sure - it's my first time and I didn't know.

I would like to believe that we have all had those oopsies. I know that my first few attempts were far less than golden. The only time that I think people get really snarky is when someone is just posting to be a bu-ut-head... Genuine mistakes are good so that we can grow, learn and become better.

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
everyanynot wrote:since when are bananas a comfort food?

My husband eats an entire bunch every day at work. I kid you not. He must find them comforting...

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
benjaminleebates wrote:I would like to believe that we have all had those oopsies. I know that my first few attempts were far less than golden. The only time that I think people get really snarky is when someone is just posting to be a bu-ut-head... Genuine mistakes are good so that we can grow, learn and become better.

Yupyup. I appreciate the calm way I was told, as newbies often bruise easily.

Now I know, and as they say, knowing is half the battle...

benjaminleebates

darling375 wrote:Yupyup. I appreciate the calm way I was told, as newbies often bruise easily.

Now I know, and as they say, knowing is half the battle...

You'll find all sorts on here, just like in the rest of the world. I've submitted for years, now, this week I could see my first print. I've never been in the fog for this duration.
Having said that, if it weren't for woot, I wouldn't have my current job as a graphic designer. All that I know in Illustrator come from self teaching so that my shirt designs could get better. Opportunities are challenges in disguise.

skatastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skatastic

brown shirt please. it looks a lot better

Re: I'm A Humanatarian (Creme)

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Um... I'm a little disturbed.

noahbudie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noahbudie
Re: Salt Free

So by me eating people i am being green? Love this shirt Cheryl.. ANother great work

noahbudie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noahbudie

absolutely lovely, i hope it wins

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tea will make it all better
bassanimation wrote:Definitely one of the sweetest images I've seen here. So adorable, it makes me want to curl up with tea <3. Great design, Jasneko!

Aw thanks very much bass! Happy to hear it evokes the 'curl up with tea' response

cptgone wrote:jasneko flair + tea reference = i'll have two, please!

*tee for two and woot for tee*

Glad the formula works for you - thanks cptgone!:D

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Creature Comfort V2!

Great job with the revision, Ocho! I really like this version as it reads clearly and still has the feel of an old fashioned logo.

Though, the person above who likes the original has good points too. Either one is really cute and you did a great job with both. :D I do hope Woot HM's one of them so we can see it again! I would love some Kitteh's burger!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
mom2kate wrote:So are you implying that it is comforting because your wife didn't make it?

Choose your words carefully, Frank.

No dear... it's comforting because my wife isn't there! Ha! LOL....

Kidding! I kid. Besides, I'm the one that makes the sushi in the house.

cfdunbar

cephy wrote:Or don't and find yourself in need of comforting, which of course leads to teh yummeh Dragon Roll! Win/win by way of losing! (Followed shortly by a glare my way from your lovely wife no doubt... =) )

Oooo... I replied and now need comforting. Sushi?

cfdunbar

writermist wrote:I <3 sushi.
I <3 dragons.
I LOVE THIS SHIRT!

Thank you - big dragon fan over here too.

cfdunbar

gryphoncat wrote:This shirt is GORGEOUS, and I want to wear the fabulous art! Unfortunately, the design is lost on the dark brown. I would LOVE to see it on a brighter color.

Thanks so much. I played with different shirt colors the brown and navy were best I felt. Though with some color tweeking after the derby I could see this on cranberry.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
everyanynot wrote:since when are bananas a comfort food?

It's more on-topic than a cute bunny grilling meat, no?

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
Re: Creature Comfort V2!

I agree that this may look cleaner, but I prefer the original. The original GMV even though I'm really, really tired of cat designs.

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Love at First Bite

Love it!!! Not enough bats or armadillos make it into the contest!

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Mmm... Chicken Pot Pi v2

Frankly, thought the other one was funnier, but this one's OK, too.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Affordable Comfort Food

Adorable lil cup and nice job with the noodles:D I attempted several ramen designs and all the noodles looked so weird I scrapped it, hehe. Just looking at this - now I want ramen!:D

thepittengineer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepittengineer
Re: Comfort Your Food

Fantastic! Made me bust out laughing at work! I love it.

annkingwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annkingwriter
Re: Mmm... Chicken Pot Pi v2

Nice recovery.

KingA

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
ochopika wrote:She did?? I have to see it when I come home...please keep it away from the rabbits. Fly traps do only eat insects, you know.

I'd love to see also! wubupon, you should post up a picture of your plant on the thread here. I used to have one too but we didn't mesh well a.k.a. it died.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
dmaz wrote:I didn't know about this story until I saw this, and had to research it. After an hour of reading on wiki and a couple other sites, I am now entirely disturbed. You can't write fiction that disturbing...

And I think we can thank a public school system that tests Nationally for Math and Reading, but never for History. Dinner party was *REQUIRED* for 4th grade when I was in school.

EDIT: DONNER party - but the typo was was to great to erase...

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

lyonscc wrote:Thanks (to all).

Donner Memorial State Park on the border of CA and NV is a beautiful little park with a memorial to the Donner Party. As a history buff, I've always had a place in my heart for the odd and offbeat bits of history with a little taste of the macabre, as well.

Here's a pic of the memorial there:
img

Word of advise: Don't plan a visit in January...

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

cmillard1 wrote:If this places there will be no fewer than 3 comments about how Woot! is promoting the slaughter of helpless animals.

When teh Zombie Apocolypse comes, they will be the first to be offered up as "Diplomats" to help "convince the zombies that vegan is an acceptable undead life choice."

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: The Dog Brothers, Weiner and Hot

The Dog brothers:
Weiner and Hot.
One's comfort food,
The other is not.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Eat more beef

Restaurant ad??????

hastor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hastor
Re: Vegetarian

I don't get it, but then I can't quite make out what is in the cat's mouth. In any case, cat's are carnivorous, which i guess is adding to my confusion based on the title.

hastor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hastor
Re: Ultimate Burger

If so, it is because being vegan has taken over more, not cause of meat. I love meat, but looks like not eating it is more prominent now than ever before.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Re: Go Bananas!

so sad because this keeps jumping in and out of the fog.

I love this shirt! I really hope it prints!

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
L3g3ndQ wrote:it could be kuz everyone allready commented on his other design much like this one for a year or two ago... its just rehashed stuff with a bit of a twist. and have no clue why its in the fog

This. And, we're tired of commenting about ramy's craptastic designs. No one at woot listens when his design thefts are blatantly pointed out time and time again, and all the hordes of Ocean Mussel Goodness KAWAIIIII ramy fans still vote this junk into the fog. After awhile, you get tired of beating a dead horse.

tarmawolf

Re: Cthulhu Ph'nomnomnom

I want this shirt SO HARD.

tarmawolf

Re: I'm A Humanatarian

I'm one of the weirdos that likes the cream one better, but still, this made me LOL

benjaminleebates

tarmawolf wrote:I'm one of the weirdos that likes the cream one better, but still, this made me LOL

Now, are you sure the color was creme, or is it flesh?

purplerobelocust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplerobelocust
Re: I Can Haz?

I wantz to haz this shirt!

willybeetoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybeetoo
benjaminleebates wrote:Don't forget humans... oh, and apples too.

Good one ,,, People always
forget about
HUMANS .