Necrotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Necrotech
Can't seem to email the actual file. Sent it to derby@woot.com but it bounced back. Can't find a help section here so if anybody can verify on the address it would be appreciated.
Dinner tonight

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ochopika wrote:Well then! Good thing I've still got the other one up. I'm glad you like the "old-fashioned brand logo" feeling I was going for with the original. It's nice to hear some critique for both versions.

It's hard to read tone over the internet; I think my response to this simpler version was a little too black-or-white (I was writing in a hurry and wanted to express my viewpoint that the other version referenced far more than the meme, just in case that would connect with other wooters who hadn't thought about it). It's hard to read your tone, just as I think it was hard to read mine, but when I read your response, I became afraid that I'd come across as insulting the design (or you!); I can understand how my post sounded like that and I apologize, because my intention was to build up the original, not tear this one down. (Well, and to response obliquely to Bounty by explaining why I thought this version wouldn't rise as quickly as the original.)

I was trying to say - from the perspective of a person allergic to cats who really, really, really isn't fond of cats (perhaps the understatement of the year? seriously, they literally take my breath away [trigger for severe asthma] and have sent me to the ER! [cats are scary! they want to kill me!]) - plus, I'm also not really an internet meme person (not cool enough to "get" the references): the original version made me laugh out loud, snort water up my nose, and immediately email it to another wooter (after I hit "I'd want one"). I instantly saw the apron potential and knew we'd have a few months of "WE WANT THIS ON AN APRON" before woot complied. I even - as I posted - knew that I'd buy the apron, and seriously, I hate cats and tend to be utterly oblivious to internet memes, so that's how much I love the original version and its commentary on food packaging. I mean, it's so clever, so insightful, so incisive: the bonnet and "Gramma Kitteh" touch on the nostalgia and 1950s references used by marketers and... okay, I'll stop now. Well, two more things: after reflecting on bass' critique and your responses, I think this version might be more easily "read" on a t-shirt than the original, but in terms of the apron or other side-sale items that don't require staring at someone's chest in quite the same way, I think the original's extra layers of meaning/commentary make it more interesting for those contexts.

Woot, just put this design on an apron already. But first, acquire more red aprons than you had last week, okay? I follow the news and I heard nothing about a red apron shortage: there are more out there. BUY THEM AND PRINT OCHO'S KITTEHS. Not that woot is reading this or particularly cares what we think, but hey... I got them to email me to let me know about the progress of restoring the sales figures by posting in bold caps in enough threads, so it's worth a shot, eh?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Tastes Like Cute

Can't believe this hasn't been Rejectionated: perhaps we shouldn't have discussed our desire to print it off-site? Although come to think of it, did anyone "tattle" on it? (Does it make a difference if it's rejected or not, in terms of printing off-site? Assuming it doesn't HM, of course: which it might deserve, but I'm assuming is unlikely because of the woot reference...)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jodyclaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyclaire

really nice. I love this illustration

meedox wrote:Thank you both! It is much appreciated!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Necrotech wrote:Can't seem to email the actual file. Sent it to derby@woot.com but it bounced back. Can't find a help section here so if anybody can verify on the address it would be appreciated.

Confirmed, it should be derby@woot.com
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/upload

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
neuropsychosocial wrote:Can't believe this hasn't been Rejectionated: perhaps we shouldn't have discussed our desire to print it off-site? Although come to think of it, did anyone "tattle" on it? (Does it make a difference if it's rejected or not, in terms of printing off-site? Assuming it doesn't HM, of course: which it might deserve, but I'm assuming is unlikely because of the woot reference...)

tl;dr (legalese below)
All submissions can be printed only by Woot for 60 days (180 for HM) once submitted, even if rejected, withdrawn, or just didn't win. Even if Woot tells you they'll never print it, it's theirs for 60 days.

1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. All materials sent to Woot will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Because Woot receives many submissions, Woot cannot be held liable if it reproduces or commissions artwork similar to yours but which has come from another source.

2. Extension of Consideration Period for Best of Derby. If Woot nominates the Artwork for participation in a Best of Derby through (i) email notification to Artist; or (ii) naming the Artwork an Honorable Mention entry in a published blog post, and Artist consents to such participation, Artist grants Woot a 180-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 180-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. Artist may accept or decline participation by sending notice to shirt@woot.com within ten (10) business days of Woot’s email notification of nomination or publication of the Honorable Mention blog post naming the Artwork as an Honorable Mention.

4. Withdrawal of Artwork by Artist. Artist may, at Artist’s discretion, withdraw from further voting in Woot’s Derby an Artwork previously submitted for voting in Woot’s Derby within 24 hours from the time of submission of Artwork by Artist or no later than the published close of the submission period, whichever occurs first. Withdrawal of an Artwork by Artist within the provisions stated herein shall not diminish, void or otherwise affect Artist’s grant of rights to Woot in Sections 1, 5, or 6 of this Agreement nor any of Artist’s obligations and assurances to Woot under this Agreement.

5. Term of Agreement. (a) This Agreement terminates 60 days from the submission of the Artwork if during that 60-day period Woot disclaims any interest in using the Artwork or does not inform Artist of its intent to use the Artwork. If this Agreement is terminated during the initial 60-day period, neither Artist nor Woot shall retain any obligations under Sections 6, 7, or 8 of this Agreement. (b) Notwithstanding subsection (a), this Agreement terminates 180 days from the submission of the Artwork if: (i) Woot nominates the Artwork as a Best of Derby entry; and (ii) Artist consents to such participation; and (iii) the Artwork is not produced as a result of participation in the Best of Derby for which the Artwork was nominated. (c) This Agreement becomes perpetual unless subsequently terminated by Woot if (i) during the 60-day period Woot informs Artist of Woot’s intent to use the Artwork, or (ii) the Artwork is produced as a result of participation in a Best of Derby event.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
princessbunny wrote:Similar shirt exists...
http://www.riptapparel.com/graveyard/angry-buffet/

Aww, sad to see that, but I think I agree.

ps - I do think you did better execution however, I like the expressions on the birds better and the composition is very appealing. Plus, green ham. >:}

Necrotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Necrotech
runnerfrog13 wrote:Confirmed, it should be derby@woot.com
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/upload

Thanks, saw this on the return message: "Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size" The original file was compressed into a rar, now at 24.3mb. Any idea if the file size is too big? First time this showed up.

zerisama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zerisama

Hey, banana, put that peel back on. That's indecent!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote: BUY THEM AND PRINT OCHO'S KITTEHS.[/b] Not that woot is reading this or particularly cares what we think, but hey... I got them to email me to let me know about the progress of restoring the sales figures by posting in bold caps in enough threads, so it's worth a shot, eh?

Thanks! My reply was totally sincere and not sarcastic. I am nice, even on the interwebs, so you can read my internet tone as friendly like... ALL THE TIME. Even if I argue, it's just because I like to discuss things.

You're never offensive to me, neuro! I've gotten some really mean, harsh critiques of my work in college...and after college... so it would be really REALLY difficult to offend me over the internet about a silly cat drawing. Your critique was perfectly reasonable and helpful!

neviklink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neviklink
Re: Go Bananas!

I find this design quite apeeling to my tastes in t-shirts. I must always remember there is alway money in the banana stand.

typative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages typative

I love this shirt!! The color of the shirt is perfect for the bananas!! and it's so cute!! (:

KaraBean4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaraBean4

This SHIRT is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S

cyclos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclos

I think finally superman has to invent something new to compete with naked banana dance!

shmicklet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmicklet
collinvh wrote:It's cute, I like it. The inside of the sushi might look a little to close to real body parts (sushi with a 6-pack) :•) great work. +1

Oh, haha! I didn't even think about that! XD Thanks for the kind words, it's my first try at this.

burningphoenix

quality posts: 3 Private Messages burningphoenix

The bananas are too cute. The one in the middle must be "peeling" very well!

iwishiwereabunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwishiwereabunny

Only you could make dancing bananas look so cute!

hitmandx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitmandx
edgrrrzzmom wrote:Frankly, thought the other one was funnier, but this one's OK, too.

Thanks, and ofc I agree with you.

Hiryu2040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hiryu2040

These bananas are trying to be the next Magic Mike.

terrariageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrariageek
Re: Please sir, I want s'more

So. Much. Win.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Food of Gods

Nice work. Love the animal icons.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Narwhal Donut Fever

So that's what they use those for! It's so obvious now... GMV

karlholley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karlholley
Re: Salt Free

Cool.

tammyerdmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tammyerdmann

I will go bananas if this prints!

If only the shirt could be animated, too... Get on the technology, Shirt.woot! ;)

soccerkeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soccerkeep
Re: Dream Trip

its a shame this isn't doing better... what a cute and great shirt

mutantninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantninja
Re: Salt Free

This looks awesome! You really did a great job.
I totally want one.. Been diggin this design since I first saw it.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I love the mix of adorable cuteness and just a hint of mischief in a peelless banana here. Very... wait for it... appeeeling.

Thank you. I'll be here forever.

tinabean13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinabean13

These bananas are very 'apeeling'!! Rage on bananas! Woo Hoo!!!!!

w1111ams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1111ams
Re: Ramen Collective Unite!

Thanks for all the votes! This is the most I ever got

JohnQuar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnQuar
Re: Good Food

I think this design is awesome, but would go better on a side of a building than on a shirt.

Woot Purchases:
Creative Labs Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Genie Universal Laser Parking System for the Garage
Acquired Taste T Shirt
--

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Is it just me, or has it seemed as though woot has been very laissez-faire about rejecting designs as of late?
Is it common thought that perhaps they are only rejecting shirts that are in blatant violation of rules AND/OR have a serious possibility of print?
I mean it would make sense, what is the point of rejecting a design if it has no chance of printing?
IDK, just seems a lot less cut throat then thay used to be...

inthekitchenbitchin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inthekitchenbitchin
Re: Creature Comfort

I have to say I like both designs, I just see it and imagine the makin' bread cat is in the back making buns.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Grilled Cheese

GMV - so nice to see a clever, well thought-out and well executed design instead of the bunny/penguin/cat pandering to the masses. Great job - I hope you get a least an HM if not a sudden win via editor's choice!

manchilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manchilder
Re: Olympic Fry Dive

Awesome!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Outdoor cookout

Generally carnivorous bunnies > man-eating bunnies

At first, I was dumb enough to think this was going to be fabelfire from the thumbnail. I looove her bunny series oh so much.

But major dissapointment. And I really can't get over the fact that what's on the grill doesn't look like at all like it came from a human...unless the bunny is a giant.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

It's six colors :D The other "colors" are halftones!

Thank you all! I didn't expect this design to be such a successful one!:D:D

wirdou

Love "its" expression, and great colors (risky, but you made an awesome job with them!:D)

wirdou

they're soooooo cute!:D great work as always Wences!

wirdou

hahaha this is great!:D

wirdou

really nice and cute great linework too