dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Go Bananas!

So cute, I love it! Go bananas!!!

dijay

Re: Pac-Snack

Awesome work, awesome concept... totally awesome!!!

dijay

Re: Veggie Hot Dog

Hahaha... Amazing! I want it :D

tehnoms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehnoms
Re: Outdoor cookout

WANT.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
writermist wrote:I'm new here. can you please remove this bad quality entry.

When you are logged into your account, a red x appears to the right of your entry. Click to remove. Welcome to Woot!! Good luck.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
mutantninja wrote:This looks awesome! You really did a great job.
I totally want one.. Been diggin this design since I first saw it.

Thank you!! And thank you to everybody who voted.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: To Each His Own...

I just want to thank everyone for voting for this design. I've not ever done this well in a derby.
Thank you!

edwardly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edwardly
Re: Belief is comforting.

All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Wait... so it's a MAN eating bunny? O_o I thought it was eating the other bunnies.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
L3g3ndQ wrote:whats really sad is ive been clicking on fabelfire designs just to see what rehashed design ramyb has submitted this time just to find out its not him but someone who is trying to be like him. B^( its really sad that his cute style is rubbing off onto others and spreading.. i really miss the older more original artists we once had on here like Draxx and Boots Boots, Draxx for the dark and really cool designs and Boots Boots for the witty and sometimes cute/heart warming designs

It is a shame, but I can't totally blame people. At the end of the day, they just want to win the money, and they're going to draw whatever they think is most likely to sell. I do think that Woot! still tries to mix up things with what wins the fog, and I guess they want to cater to the cute-lovers.

And I tend to be one of the ones that desperately loves the cute stuff, but for me it has to be clever cute, and the character has to be designed with more than an oversimplified generic chibi grin. It has to have *something* special there. This just...doesn't have that.

And I'll admit, I have one or two RamyB designs at home...I think maybe only one- grim optimism, but that's a good design (whether it was filched or not). The squirrel is adorable, but still has life to it, there's movement, clear interaction, and overall it's a very good design.

I know that in the end this is a contest of votes and whatever the majority like will print (I still mourn the lost opportunity for that one Frilled lizard in the rain shirt..*sigh*), but I just wish that even when artists are rather phoning it in with a lack or originality that they would spend some time to flesh out their work a bit more and offer quality illustrations.

then again...I am saving a ton of money. ^^;

writermist

Now THAT'S funny. :D

Golddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Golddess
bounty42 wrote:ooooh, apron. I would actually buy this on an apron.

Same. Still kicking myself for having missed the Makin' Bread apron.

VenusAD

writermist wrote:Wait... so it's a MAN eating bunny? O_o I thought it was eating the other bunnies.

It's a Monty Python reference, in which there is a man-eating bunny. The skull in the background is definitely human.

Fablefire is the artist that did "Guys you have to try this" and "meatatarian". Those are carnivorous bunny designs that are awesome - although I'm pretty sure they're not eating other bunnies...just other mammals. (and it is awesome)

VenusAD

Re: Tea will make it all better

Oooh, I want this on an apron!

VenusAD

Re: Mac Loves Cheese

I have a shirt that I love that has a macaroni and a piece of cheese highfiving and it says "TEAMWORK!", so I thought I didn't really need this.

And then I saw that they were on a fork.

It is a crime that this is not in the fog. Excellent work.

GeekGamer42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeekGamer42

[Removed]

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
bounty42 wrote:And I think we can thank a public school system that tests Nationally for Math and Reading, but never for History. Dinner party was *REQUIRED* for 4th grade when I was in school.

EDIT: DONNER party - but the typo was was to great to erase...

I didn't know about this either. It was interesting to read the Wiki article, but isn't it relatively insignificant relative to everything else that was happening? I wouldn't expect this to be covered in any U.S. History course that's taken K-12.

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
Re: Oodles of Noodles

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in here before voting ended and send tons of love to you guys! Thanks for voting this little guy into the fog! We can't wait to see who prints this week! ::fingers crossed::

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Yay Meat

Thanks for the comments and votes, everyone!

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
4khaos wrote:I didn't know about this either. It was interesting to read the Wiki article, but isn't it relatively insignificant relative to everything else that was happening? I wouldn't expect this to be covered in any U.S. History course that's taken K-12.

My experience is the opposite - I learned about the Donner Party in lower grade level U.S. History. It wasn't even touched in my 12th grade AP course or college level courses.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
ladybugb wrote:My experience is the opposite - I learned about the Donner Party in lower grade level U.S. History. It wasn't even touched in my 12th grade AP course or college level courses.

It's an EXTREMELY graphic example of the hardships of cross-country travel in the late 1800's. Granted the AP level course focused more on things like Kit Carson, Spanish/American Relations, etc. But it was still glossed over, albiet briefly, mainly because we all knew it from 4th grade.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Grilled Cheese

Thanks very much for all the great comments on this everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tea will make it all better

Thanks princessbard, VenusAD and everyone who voted and commented! Nice to see some tea love out there:D

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: I Can Haz?

Shucks! Was hoping this would win.

heatherlouwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherlouwho

I hate to be this person, but the contest rules clearly state "No Monty Python." Shouldn't this shirt be disqualified? It is very, very cute, but does not follow the contest rules.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
heatherlouwho wrote:I hate to be this person, but the contest rules clearly state "No Monty Python." Shouldn't this shirt be disqualified? It is very, very cute, but does not follow the contest rules.

I think you're looking at the rules for CRESTS for next week, not the rules for COMFORT FOOD from last week.

Thursdays can be confusing like that.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

shannon222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannon222

Funny! Love the look on the chicken's face. I'd buy this right now if I could.

writermist

LOL this is genius! what a play on words. why do all the clever shirts never make it to the top 10? :C

I actually don't like the top votes. I LOVE THIS!!! <3

katevernier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katevernier

Love it.

momaimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momaimp

Oh! This wasn't here when I voted. (Belief is comforting) I would TOTALLY buy one of these!

bbacks1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbacks1
Re: Braaains: Nutrition Facts

The nutrition information is flawed. "serving size 1 serving 1400g" however your total weight 50g fat, 3900g cholesterol, .09g Carb, 140g protein = over 4000g. Moreover for calories: calories from fat = 450 (50x9), + 560 from Protein (140x4), ~.04 from Carb would be ~1010 total calories. Next, 3900g of Cholesterol? are you kidding? that would put you WAY over the serving size weight from 1 brain; not to mention cholesterol is a steroid and it would neither be found in such a large quantity, nor contribute to the calorie inequality.
Total brain weight of about 1400g is accurate, but other information is mostly incorrect and should be altered for accuracy.

Brain Composition:
Water 77 to 78%
Lipids 10 to 12 %
Protein 8%
Carbohydrate 1%
Soluble organic substances 2%
Inorganic salts 1%

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/facts.html

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11

No cat shirt in the fog? wow! amazing....i think this proves that everyone is tired of all the cat shirts on woot...even cat lovers lol

rose1949

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rose1949
Re: Comfy Cupcake

To cute and special!

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette

This really should have been up there. It's devilish!

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: Mac Loves Cheese

VenusAD wrote:I have a shirt that I love that has a macaroni and a piece of cheese highfiving and it says "TEAMWORK!", so I thought I didn't really need this.

And then I saw that they were on a fork.

It is a crime that this is not in the fog. Excellent work.

Thanks! I was kinda struggling with the design until I decided to add the fork. All hail the king of utensils!

shammen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shammen

Talented Artists!

cephy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cephy
cfdunbar wrote:Oooo... I replied and now need comforting. Sushi?

Anytime sir, I crave eel.

writermist

what red box? I do not see it. :C

Stormyduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stormyduck
Re: Creature Comfort V2!

Yes I liked the first one better too.

ITO

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Purple People Eater

So it is purple AND it eats purple people.

Sorry it didn't get more love, but it was very well done.