4%
69%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

The mouse is not only nice but also super strong!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Afterword: Seconds later this tender, compassionate moment was spoiled by the fact that the cat had missed his breakfast that morning...

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

*snort*

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

BOoooooo! Keep getting a time out message when trying to order this shirt! And, I was so hoping to be first sucker. And now, my cat won't stop scratching me because I didn't buy this shirt.

moosezilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages moosezilla

awwwwwwwwwwwww!

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor

I really wish there was more of a push for art over popularity at times. There were far more creative and artistically pleasing shirts that should have been printed.

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Debating which is demonstrating the inner beauty as I have little enough sleep to invent such conundrums.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Very appropriate First sucker...

Just a hunch, but this outsells the 1st and 2nd place shirts in the derby.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baybei wrote:BOoooooo! Keep getting a time out message when trying to order this shirt! And, I was so hoping to be first sucker. And now, my cat won't stop scratching me because I didn't buy this shirt.

Checking. What browser?

Update: I put an order through on Chrome with no issues. Took a bit to get to the log in screen but it worked.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
lonelypond wrote:Debating which is demonstrating the inner beauty as I have little enough sleep to invent such conundrums.

Call it a draw. ;)
The mouse gets credit for being nice enough to hold the umbrella for the cat.
The cat gets credit for being nice enough to not eat the mouse.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

At first I thought it was a Bass print, but it was Ramy. Funny thing though, Bass was the first sucker... The cuteness of this shirt could quite possibly assist many in getting out of tickets.

bluejester

Of course Bassanimation was the first sucker on a shirt with a mouse on it, can't you hearing the squeeeeing?

raycin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raycin

I thought it was a cute shirt until i read the creepy backstory.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I can suspend my disbelief far enough to accommodate this design except for one thing...

How the heck did either of them open the umbrella?

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001

Cute, but I'm bothered by the missing foot... and stomach :/

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
note2001 wrote:Cute, but I'm bothered by the missing foot... and stomach :/

I just noticed that.

Wow. All I'm saying. Wow.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

The cat's kind of a jerk. The mouse is holding the umbrella, and glancing up hoping to find the glint of friendship, and the cat won't even acknowledge him.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
raycin wrote:I thought it was a cute shirt until i read the creepy backstory.

Interspecial relationships are tough, let me tell you.

kalira

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kalira

Reminds me of the scene in "My Neighbor Totoro" where the little girl offers Totoro an umbrella while they're waiting at the bus stop. Except that had less of a chance of someone getting eaten.

Also:

Why yes, I am a complete dork... How did you know?

blackwings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackwings
aleafloor wrote:I really wish there was more of a push for art over popularity at times. There were far more creative and artistically pleasing shirts that should have been printed.

Agreed. This site is becoming CatWoot more and more by the day. There are far more creative and inventive designs every week, but the obsessive cat people seem to be much more adamant on voting in the derby than the average person is. I eagerly anticipate the new themes every week just to see what unique designs have been dropped in the hat, and every week delivers a surplus of generic cat shirts that are nothing more than "cute."

I like the style of the design, but it is still just another cat shirt.

ThunderThighs

Staff

skatimmy737 wrote:I can suspend my disbelief far enough to accommodate this design except for one thing...

How the heck did either of them open the umbrella?

So you're ok with the mouse holding the umbrella that weighs a gazillion times more than him but not that he opened the umbrella.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

marisano

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marisano

Oh, that backstory is TOPS! I wonder which one is male... (Or could it be? Heh, heh, heh.)

Karzon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Karzon
kalira wrote:Reminds me of the scene in "My Neighbor Totoro" where the little girl offers Totoro an umbrella while they're waiting at the bus stop. Except that had less of a chance of someone getting eaten.

Also:

That is awesome. But needs more catbus.
http://lorla.com/the-nekobus-or-cat-bus/

bluejester

kalira wrote:Reminds me of the scene in "My Neighbor Totoro" where the little girl offers Totoro an umbrella while they're waiting at the bus stop. Except that had less of a chance of someone getting eaten.

Also:

This has got to be one of the most awesome photos I've ever seen.

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1
aleafloor wrote:I really wish there was more of a push for art over popularity at times. There were far more creative and artistically pleasing shirts that should have been printed.

Um, 2 of the 3 printed shirts in this derby were more artistic than cute.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

Yeah that completely throws me. Weird Mutant cat.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
cmillard1 wrote:Um, 2 of the 3 printed shirts in this derby were more artistic than cute.

Even when you break down what wins people still complain that there aren't enough artistic ones.

bounty42 broke down the last 5 derbies Here showing that art beats anything in the top 9 at least 3 to 1.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

bahahahahahahahaha that description!!! And we're used to that kind of behavior in the Navy xD! Priceless. Thanks for the laugh, woot!

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
granilithe wrote:Even when you break down what wins people still complain that there aren't enough artistic ones.

bounty42 broke down the last 5 derbies Here showing that art beats anything in the top 9 at least 3 to 1.

This.

I have learned that facts don't mean anything to people who just love to complain.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zaydabarros wrote:This.

I have learned that facts don't mean anything to people who just love to complain.

FORUM MODERATOR

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

I know that, in this derby, we had two "artistic" prints and this one. Here's a thought: Maybe people complain about the generic cute animal winning all the time because they ALL look pretty much the SAME. Especially when they're from the same artist. So, while in reality, there's more "other" prints, it just seems like cute animals are ruling Woot.

I'm sure it's not a mistake - RamyB takes artistic freedom and chooses to leave out stuff all the time.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

The writeup is awesome. It really elevates the level of the shirt. Unfortunately, you'd have to have read the writeup to get it.

baybei

ThunderThighs wrote:Checking. What browser?

Update: I put an order through on Chrome with no issues. Took a bit to get to the log in screen but it worked.

Sorry, I gave up and went to bed when I couldn't buy the shirt. I wait up until 1am my time to see the shirts. I use FireFox. It just kept timing out after I selected the size and clicked purchase. I just took it as a sign that I should save my $12.00.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Even the "artsy" stuff that wins these days is mostly overdone and repetitive. Both the glowy heart and swirly butterfly prints could have easily been Ramyb ideas. Which means they look plenty like things Woot has printed before and aren't exactly new ideas.

People complain about the chibi animals more because they are all so nearly identical and it's the easiest to notice.

Of the top 6 only Rasabi's ghosty tree is anything near an interesting original work. The kind of memorable design people would be pining for years from now if it printed and they missed it.

Missed the cute but sad cat, TARDIS, or swirly side print shirt? Don't worry, another one just like it will be along shortly!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tinilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinilla

oh, please, stop the cutesy kitties, bunnies and penguins already. woot t-shirts used to be cool and creative. what's happened here?

bjoern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjoern
baybei wrote:Sorry, I gave up and went to bed when I couldn't buy the shirt. I wait up until 1am my time to see the shirts. I use FireFox. It just kept timing out after I selected the size and clicked purchase. I just took it as a sign that I should save my $12.00.

Same by me, using Opera. Buying Shirts here for 2 Years now. This is the first one i want and won't get.

Maybe a localization issue? I'm from Germany.

baybei

bjoern wrote:Same by me, using Opera. Buying Shirts here for 2 Years now. This is the first one i want and won't get.

Maybe a localization issue? I'm from Germany.

I'm in NY, USA. So, I don't know what happened. First time I've had an issue buying a shirt. Oh well, maybe I'll just buy another side-sale kitty shirt instead.

tweeter78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweeter78

Disappointed by this shirt. Don't think it is very interesting or even well done. I used to love checking the shirt of the day but seeing the same stuff day after day gets boring quickly. Just don't see how this shirt got so many votes. Not even very good artwork in my opinion.