inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bounty42 wrote:Reminds me of the story of the comic book writer who encountered a fan at a signing. The writer asked him how he liked the book and the man replied "I'd never READ these, it ruins the collectors value." Writer had a chair brought over, and had him sit there and read them, signing each book as he finished it.

And here I thought the solution was to buy two. One to preserve, one to dogear to death.

I'm just hanging out, really.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

This caffiends needed more mugs. Like the Coffee level critical, I would of loved that one.

And I don't want either of the V-neck designs. BOOO!

Now can I scrape up $35 for a hoody before these are gone....*goes to look at budget*

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
inkycatz wrote:And here I thought the solution was to buy two. One to preserve, one to dogear to death.

My ex did that for a few things, but most of his comics were handled very carefully (wash hands before reading, dry completely, never opened and laid flat, etc), then bagged and boxed.

Bleah. I don't get collectibles.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I love coffee stain cats!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
Xaotl wrote:I sorta like the Coffee Levels critical sweatshirt, but I haven't bought one of the Woot Hoodies before. Anyone have one that can give me their opinion on them overall? Fit? Comfort? Durability of the print?

I got one of the LW hoodies and the weight of the fabric is comparable to a light cotton slub cardigan -- good for indoors if the AC's set too high, or on a cooler night (but since I'm in Texas, that doesn't really exist atm xD).

If you're curious about sizing info, I usually wear AA WS/WM or AA/Anvil MS and I ordered a MS. They're printed on Alternative Apparel, which in my experience, tends to have lighter weight (read: thinner) clothing. The hood itself is on the smaller side, like AA's early women's hoodies, but I do like the fit. Pretty stretchy, fits over a men's shirt, doesn't really make me look frumpy when zipped up. The sleeves hit just above my fingertips which is fine 'cause I like longer sleeves (I'm 5'3"). I'm not sure if it's worth $35, but I do like mine *shrug*

I may be able to do some photo comparisons between LW hoodie and AA/Anvil shirts later

ibkidd37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibkidd37

The one Woot shirt I have been waiting forever to re-print is http://shirt.woot.com/offers/now-thats-just-overpriced. This sale seems like a perfect time to put it back out there (or did the Seattle-based Evil Empire halt future production?).

inkycatz

vivbot wrote:I may be able to do some photo comparisons between LW hoodie and AA/Anvil shirts later

I'd love to see pics if you can get some!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The design size for Caffeine Power Up Lightweight Hoodie is listed as:

Placement (Front): Right Side
Printed Size (Front): needed

Placement (Back): Centered
Printed Size (Back): needed

Yup, information about the print size is still needed! It would be great if woot could correct that.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Caffeine sensitivity here; even without it, my heart skips a beat to see I'm not missing out on anything and saving some $ this week. ;)

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Mavyn wrote:My ex did that for a few things, but most of his comics were handled very carefully (wash hands before reading, dry completely, never opened and laid flat, etc), then bagged and boxed.

Bleah. I don't get collectibles.

My wife said the same thing. Then about a year ago when things got REALLY bad I pulled 3 books out of my collection and sold them, covering rent for the month, and food for the week.

She has stopped commenting about my collections.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
inkycatz wrote:And here I thought the solution was to buy two. One to preserve, one to dogear to death.

I do this with toys (one to keep, one to play with.) For collectible comics (silver age books, etc.), I tend to preserve the original issues; trade paperbacks + digital downloads are for re-reading and sharing with friends.

neuropsychosocial

Mavyn wrote:Bleah. I don't get collectibles.

Depends on the collectible. I don't quite understand the "mint in the box" type of collectibles, but I have a few things that I collect, mostly decorative items, that I really enjoy. For example, I collect pins from my sport, the Olympics, and places where I've traveled for my sport. I think that the "thrill of the hunt" is part of the fun of collectibles: tracking one's collection, keeping an eye out for an addition, scoring an addition at a great bargain price - that part of it can be lots of fun. With pins, trading can be *tons* of fun. However, for me, my "collection" of pins represents memories, not financial worth. (For those of you whose collections are actually worth significant sums of money, please make sure you're covered by insurance!)

I'm considering getting one Binge and one Nevermore mugs as shirt.woot "collectibles," to use either as decorative items or as super-cool pencil cups: more expensive than a purely utilitarian pencil cup from Ikea or a dollar store, but one that would add some enjoyment into my life - and that's worth some money to me. If I wouldn't enjoy a "collectible," it wouldn't be worth any amount of money to me.

danephewx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danephewx

I want to know if the cups are made in the USA. Yes, no, someone out there help.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

I know this is has been brushed on, but what point-size type will Nevermore be printed on a mug?

My rule of thumb is "there is no point if it's under 9-point."

Yeah, so there's that...

lummox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lummox

You bring back caffeine themed shirts and don't bother to reprint http://shirt.woot.com/offers/tea?

Seriously guys, what the hell? That's a fantastic shirt.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
rockymike wrote:I know this is has been brushed on, but what point-size type will Nevermore be printed on a mug?

My rule of thumb is "there is no point if it's under 9-point."

Given the facts that:
A) A point is 1/72 of an inch
2) The design is 3" tall
III) There are 45 lines on the shirt.

We have 15 lines per inch, or 15 lines per 72 points. That gives 4.8 point. Which, since the graphic is a graphic and not text, is probably about right.

Side note: The image on the screen is actually BIGGER than the final Printed image. lol

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

elementoflazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elementoflazy

How do the lightweight hoodies fit? I normally wear medium to large shirts (large from woot typically). If I order a large one, will it be shorter than the shirt, as the sizing charts lead me to believe?

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Aracos wrote:No love for tea which also has caffeine and has had past designs?

i dropped by to ask a similar question: don't you americans have tea?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cptgone wrote:i dropped by to ask a similar question: don't you americans have tea?

Here in the south, we love our sweetened ice tea. Yummmmmmm.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
bounty42 wrote:You guys actually DRINK out of your collectable mugs?

Yes. My current "daily mug" in the office is a circa-2002 Powerpuff Girls mug.

danephewx wrote:I want to know if the cups are made in the USA. Yes, no, someone out there help.

Seeing how they changed the shirts ... I have to guess no.

For tea drinkers ... we won't say anything if you rather call this one tea stain cats instead.

inkycatz

cptgone wrote:i dropped by to ask a similar question: don't you americans have tea?

I love tea! Especially during meetings.

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

what . . . no coughee?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/coughee

inkycatz

rokujou wrote:Anyone know where the actual mugs are made? Are they sourced from China?

According to our sources, yes the mugs are made in China.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

I packed Morning Powerup for a long weekend trip, and openly bemoaned my lost opportunity to purchase Coffee Levels Critical. Yay! Can never have too much coffee or tees.

And yes, I agree, it should be printed on a coffee cup, perhaps in thermally-responsive ink.

:-)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

we chucked it all into a harbor or something.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Narfcake wrote:Seeing how they changed the shirts ... I have to guess no.

For tea drinkers ... we won't say anything if you rather call this one tea stain cats instead.

I LOVE tea! Some days the shirt is Tea Stain Cats for me. ;)

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I LOVE tea! Some days the shirt is Tea Stain Cats for me. ;)

... and just so we're clear, it's okay to call it
- Hot Chocolate Stain Cats
- Cola Stain Cats
- Root Beer Stain Cats

... too, right?

neuropsychosocial

PemberDucky wrote:we chucked it all into a harbor or something.

Ain't no party like a Boston Tea Party!

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

In for 1 mug here, but choosing which one was not an easy decision!

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

I would buy every one of these if offered on a polo that I could wear to work.

rluxemburg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rluxemburg

Tempted to pull the trigger on the Morning Powerup V-neck shirt but the description says the artwork is 5" x 5.2" and that seems a little large for the placement.

ocop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocop

In for my 3rd and 4th coffee levels critical shirts (sorry other shirts, literally my favorite of all time). 1st one died a year or two ago....

A major complaint, however:

I love coffee-levels-critical because it is a subdued pocket design. All Woot hawks these days are obnoxious full-shirt "in-your-face" designs... can we not get a little bit of restraint for those of us who like unconventional t-shirts with a bit of understatement and subtlety?

neuropsychosocial

ocop wrote:can we not get a little bit of restraint for those of us who like unconventional t-shirts with a bit of understatement and subtlety?

I believe you're looking for this shirt.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

Any info on the depth of the V-neck? I haven't ordered a V-neck here before, and I'm a busty gal so I fall between sizes in the men's/unisex tees.

beanbagrlg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beanbagrlg

I'd love to see the Power Up or Coffee Levels Critical as a Mug!

ewok85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewok85
pragmatist007 wrote:I would buy every one of these if offered on a polo that I could wear to work.

Exactly my first thought

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ThunderThighs wrote:Here in the south, we love our sweetened ice tea. Yummmmmmm.

Sorry, that's actually just brown-sugar-water. Real tea doesn't come with ice or sugar.

Not that I don't like drinking brown-sugar-water sometimes; TX is way too hot for real tea most of the time.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
ThunderThighs wrote:Here in the south, we love our sweetened ice tea. Yummmmmmm.

Yea, but no one outside the south would put southern sweet tea in the same category as tea.

Also, on the previous topic in this thread. I bag and back my comics (new 52), but just because I like things to remain nice. I don't really care about their value. Same reason I wash all my printed shirts inside out and don't crumple them up and toss them in a drawer =)

On the actual topic of this thread, I'm really considering getting the zombie mug. But, I'm worried that it's going to look like someone put a brown sticker on a white mug. Why can't those be printed on brown (or black) mugs?

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Just when I thought Woot could not amaze me anymore. They offer mugs that I can match with my shirts. Now I have a reason to wake up and get dressed.

inkycatz

basfiji wrote:Just when I thought Woot could not amaze me anymore. They offer mugs that I can match with my shirts. Now I have a reason to wake up and get dressed.

I would think COFFEE was the reason to get up and get dressed!