vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
elementoflazy wrote:How do the lightweight hoodies fit? I normally wear medium to large shirts (large from woot typically). If I order a large one, will it be shorter than the shirt, as the sizing charts lead me to believe?

Unwashed and based on Anvil MS vs. LW hoodie MS, yes, it's a bit longer if you pull the shirt down all the way and it never rides up on you. I don't know how much the hoodie shrinks yet, but I'm pretty sure it's longer than washed AA MS. I can check tonight when I get home!

emilyb0902 wrote:Any info on the depth of the V-neck? I haven't ordered a V-neck here before, and I'm a busty gal so I fall between sizes in the men's/unisex tees.

Looking at the size chart, it looks to be the normal AA v-neck (not the deep v-neck), which I have at least one of. I should be able to (finally!) do a bunch of comparison pics and measurements when I get home today.

I think I've got AA and Anvil unisex tanks I can compare to for future side sales reference, if anyone's interested in those as well!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
inkycatz wrote:I would think COFFEE was the reason to get up and get dressed!

NO coffee is what helps you realize that you've done one of those without doing the other.

Good days are the ones where you don't realize you forgot the later at Starbucks.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kchristensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kchristensen

Wow, I got really excited when I saw this theme. I have about a dozen Woot shirts and by far my favorite is the "Coffee & Cigarettes" t-shirt. I have worn it until it has faded and full of holes. If I could go back in time I would have bought like 10 of them. I thought this was my chance, but it's not in here. Why Woot Gods? Why must you toy with me so!

Stephen1424

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stephen1424

Where's the Five Bucks Coffee shirt ???

Need to replace my old one.

Woots: 43 Monkeys: 7 + 2 Mini
Shirts: 32 Probations: 2
Woot Off's: 30 Woot Lights: 6
Bags of Crup: 11
Almost Bags of Crap: 25

ailuj820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ailuj820

In the mock-up, the handle of the mug is white. Is that accurate? Or is it the same color as the t-shirt was?

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass

I think the Coffee Critical Levels would be awesome of it was heat sensitive and the meter would glow to how full the cup is.

gnomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomas

I'm going to get the m
mocha one!!!

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

(Comparison pics with all different shirts flat to come later and prob in that other thread, my camera battery died in the middle of those =3= For reference though, I'm 5'3" and typically wear AA WM or any brand's MS \o/)

Lightweight hoodies (Alternative Apparel): tgentry's wearing a sz L hoodie at the end of this post and I'm wearing a MS hoodie over an Anvil MS shirt, both zipped and unzipped in these photos:

It's kind of hard to tell, since it's a charcoal heather hoodie over a black tee, but the tee is longer than the hoodie (both unwashed) if you pull it all the way down, however I'm guessing shrinkage will fix that. Since I have hips, the shirt rides up a bit, so it doesn't bother me. Washed AA MS is also a tad longer than the hoodie if pulled all the way down. Ah, and I didn't straighten out my shirt sleeve, so it got bunched up in the hoodie, otherwise it's not noticeable. It's really soft and comfortable though!

V-necks (American Apparel): Based on the size chart, I'm working under the assumption that it's the Fine Jersey V-Neck from AA. The v-neck depth on an unwashed unisex XS is about 7", measured from the top of the back of the neck (lying flat, not along the collar). The V is deep enough that I do prefer to go down a size for them, then cuff the sleeves...

...I swear I do laundry, these were all just brand new *sigh*

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902
vivbot wrote:
V-necks (American Apparel): Based on the size chart, I'm working under the assumption that it's the Fine Jersey V-Neck from AA. The v-neck depth on an unwashed unisex XS is about 7", measured from the top of the back of the neck (lying flat, not along the collar). The V is deep enough that I do prefer to go down a size for them, then cuff the sleeves...

...I swear I do laundry, these were all just brand new *sigh*

Thank you!!! Off to measure some shirts and see where the V would hit.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
lummox wrote:You bring back caffeine themed shirts and don't bother to reprint http://shirt.woot.com/offers/tea?

Seriously guys, what the hell? That's a fantastic shirt.

Holy hell, I want that shirt so bad.

ayemossum

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ayemossum

OMGWHEREHAVETHESEBEENALLMYLIFE!!!

oh dang... need another coffee...

euched

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euched

I would love one of the Coffee Zombie designs on a t-shirt....I have enough mugs.

antonihoez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antonihoez

Are any other shirts going to be sold as V-Necks? I think it should be an option for all shirts.

canard

quality posts: 2 Private Messages canard
Xaotl wrote:Me too! Coffee Levels and Powerup would have made fantastic mugs!!

I don't understand why they aren't... count me as another couple of sales... if only.

trunaway

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trunaway

I am sad these mugs cannot go to exotic "overseas" places like Canada, but I this is why I have friends in the US.

Geography's also a little wobbly without caffeine I guess.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Closing Numbers
Be Nocturnal 72
Caffeine Power Up 272
Coffee Break 22
Coffee Levels Critical 189
coffee stain cats 168
My Morning Sidekick 96
Mug Shot 98
Morning Powerup 210
Everything's Better with Chocolate unknown

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

slowsteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowsteve
inkycatz wrote:According to our sources, yes the mugs are made in China.

I, for one, would pay extra for some products sourced from USA.

nigelelvis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nigelelvis

Somewhat annoyed. I tried to buy two different shirts while this was going on (granted I attempted to do so within the last four hours of the sale) and the shirt.woot site wasn't working right. It kept saying my cards were declined, I called my credit card company and USAA and they said there was nothing wrong on my or their end.

Conclusion - woot did not want me to have those shirts. Somewhat annoyed.

codydiceman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codydiceman

Anybody want a large? Mine is too small:D

neuropsychosocial

Anyone receive shipping notification for a mug? I think 12 days is a new record for not-yet-shipped-from-shirt.woot, at least for stuff I've ordered.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
neuropsychosocial wrote:Anyone receive shipping notification for a mug? I think 12 days is a new record for not-yet-shipped-from-shirt.woot, at least for stuff I've ordered.

Mine hasn't been shipped yet either... Coffee-loving mom's birthday is today and I have nothing but a "look, I bought this! see? see??" printout to give her. Was hoping one-day shipping would at least expedite a little...

[Edit: okay, not "nothing", because I'm not wholly dependent on a coffee mug to show my love for my mother this year, but "nothing regarding this particular gift."]

n0ia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n0ia

I just received my Caffeine Power Up Lightweight Hoodie.

I'm a little disappointed. It appears there was a defect in the printing process and messed up part of the front of the hoodie.

You can't see anything on the fabric, but you can tell there are several areas where some sort of screen printing was applied on areas where there was definitely not supposed to be anything printed. It made the fabric stiff and almost completely threadbare in those spots.

I'm about to e-mail the support staff and see what my options are, but I'm sure I'm only going to be able to get a refund instead of a replacement.

slowsteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowsteve
jlc40 wrote:Mine hasn't been shipped yet either... Coffee-loving mom's birthday is today and I have nothing but a "look, I bought this! see? see??" printout to give her. Was hoping one-day shipping would at least expedite a little...

[Edit: okay, not "nothing", because I'm not wholly dependent on a coffee mug to show my love for my mother this year, but "nothing regarding this particular gift."]

Since the Amazon buy out, don't be surprised if shipping gets even slower...............zzzzzzz!

bbledsoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbledsoe
n0ia wrote:I just received my Caffeine Power Up Lightweight Hoodie.

I'm a little disappointed. It appears there was a defect in the printing process and messed up part of the front of the hoodie.

You can't see anything on the fabric, but you can tell there are several areas where some sort of screen printing was applied on areas where there was definitely not supposed to be anything printed. It made the fabric stiff and almost completely threadbare in those spots.

I'm about to e-mail the support staff and see what my options are, but I'm sure I'm only going to be able to get a refund instead of a replacement.

While mine did get printed, the fabric is threadbare in spots like you're describing. I'm really disappointed on this one. I was expecting it to be lightweight, but definitely not see-through.

It's also, for an extra-large, pretty small. Pretty cruddy for the price.

neuropsychosocial

n0ia wrote:I just received my Caffeine Power Up Lightweight Hoodie.

When I had problems with my UnStealthiest Ninja hoodie, service sent me a replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement had identical problems to the original! At that point, service offered me a $5 coupon that was only good at shirt.woot - I couldn't even use it on the kids' shirt sale over at kids.woot. I'm not pleased: $35 is extremely expensive for what the lightweight hoodies turn out to be; $5 doesn't make up for the serious printing problems; I am SO FED UP with the printing problems here at woot - and all the time that I've had to put into documenting the ridiculous number of problems - that I'm finished buying any SHIRT products printed by woot!

(I just counted: sixteen misprinted items since March, including both replacements and originals when both were defective.)

ETA: Also, still no shipping on the mug; tomorrow will be 14 days since the advertised ship date.

n0ia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n0ia
neuropsychosocial wrote:When I had problems with my UnStealthiest Ninja hoodie, service sent me a replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement had identical problems to the original! At that point, service offered me a $5 coupon that was only good at shirt.woot - I couldn't even use it on the kids' shirt sale over at kids.woot. I'm not pleased: $35 is extremely expensive for what the lightweight hoodies turn out to be; $5 doesn't make up for the serious printing problems; I am SO FED UP with the printing problems here at woot - and all the time that I've had to put into documenting the ridiculous number of problems - that I'm finished buying any SHIRT products printed by woot!

(I just counted: sixteen misprinted items since March, including both replacements and originals when both were defective.)

ETA: Also, still no shipping on the mug; tomorrow will be 14 days since the advertised ship date.

I ran across some of your posts while trying to research the issue with my hoodie.

While the lightweight hoodies DO let some light through, and are obviously not meant for extremely cold weather, the threadbare spots I speak of were to the extreme. They're so bad that they even show up in photos just fine. I took the photos in the bathroom hanging on my shower rod. In one of them, you can actually see my conditioner bottle through the bad spot.

I e-mailed customer service and they told me they'd send me a replacement.

I really hope they get it right this time. Like you said, $35 is what I would expect to pay for a good quality hoodie.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
neuropsychosocial wrote:Anyone receive shipping notification for a mug? I think 12 days is a new record for not-yet-shipped-from-shirt.woot, at least for stuff I've ordered.

No change in shipping status for my mugs either.

"Awaiting Shipping"

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Two of these are supposed to be gifts for people on Thursday!

I surely hope that since I paid for next day shipping that my mugs will get here by Wednesday at the latest!

edit:
ALL TAKEN CARE OF!

that was fun while it lasted!

kimkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimkat
bpr2 wrote:Two of these are supposed to be gifts for people on Thursday!

I surely hope that since I paid for next day shipping that my mugs will get here by Wednesday at the latest!

same here, I would think that one day shipping would get them out a little sooner then the free shipping. But even the free shipping was supposed to go out monday... and now its wednesday.....

bpr2

The mail just came and guess what. No mugs.

How do I ask for a refund for the faster shipping that I paid for?

edit:
ALL TAKEN CARE OF!

carenfortuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carenfortuna

Mine hasn't shipped yet, either. It said they were supposed to ship second thing in the morning this past Monday, the 23rd. Starting to suspect that the crates of mugs fell off the truck and broke into tiny pieces. I hope they get them glued together and in the mail soon!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
carenfortuna wrote:Mine hasn't shipped yet, either. It said they were supposed to ship second thing in the morning this past Monday, the 23rd. Starting to suspect that the crates of mugs fell off the truck and broke into tiny pieces. I hope they get them glued together and in the mail soon!

I was just coming to check on this! It is odd not to have even received a shipping notice yet, isn't it?

I'm not really sweating it, since it is just for me, but I thought for a moment I had only imagined ordering it (I hadn't - confirmation was in my inbox). It seems odd for something to take so long to get shipped. Have the shirts and other goods shipped or rolled in yet?

I feel bad for those who were hoping to gift these. That's a real bummer.

squid314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squid314

I finally received my shipping information today for the mugs I ordered over 2 weeks ago. (Even using the planned shipping date of 7/18 as quoted on the event page, it is over a week late.) Right now, I am a really unhappy customer regarding the wait for these items. I am strongly considering not shopping at any Woot! sites anymore.

LarryLars

Nevermore mugs shipped today! Still waiting for the Binge mugs to ship.

!

neuropsychosocial

LarryLars wrote:Nevermore mugs shipped today! Still waiting for the Binge mugs to ship.

I have a tracking number for my Binge mug. When I track said mug's tracking number, I am informed that shipping information for it hasn't been received yet. So I think that qualifies as "progress" but not quite "shipped."

bpr2

The two mugs that were supposed to be gifts yesterday while my family were in town came today, I paid for over night expecting them to be shipped on Monday, July 23rd, not shipped yesterday Thursday July 26th.

Should I just e-mail woot customer service for a refund of the overnight shipping?

edit:
ALL TAKEN CARE OF!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
bpr2 wrote:The two mugs that were supposed to be gifts yesterday while my family were in town came today, I paid for over night expecting them to be shipped on Monday, July 23rd, not shipped yesterday Thursday July 26th.

Should I just e-mail woot customer service for a refund of the overnight shipping?

I certainly would. No gaurentee you'll get anything, but they said "Date" you paid for "next day" if they weren't there next day, it's breach.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bpr2

Just sent woot a note. Lets see how it goes.

edit:
ALL TAKEN CARE OF!

LarryLars

neuropsychosocial wrote:I have a tracking number for my Binge mug. When I track said mug's tracking number, I am informed that shipping information for it hasn't been received yet. So I think that qualifies as "progress" but not quite "shipped."

Today my binge mug order "progressed" !

!

neuropsychosocial

LarryLars wrote:Today my binge mug order "progressed" !

Now "Shipment information [has been] sent to FedEx," without any indication that it has actually been shipped.

I must thank woot for introducing me to the concept of Schrodinger's mug. I thought I'd merely ordered a coffee cup with an image of a blue muppet on it; instead, I now have first-hand experience with quantum mug-physics!