+ Add a Comment

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Tempus (Gear-y Potter v.2)

So - after some discussion w/ the family, I decided to clean this up a bit, make it smaller on the shirt, and remove the "busy-ness" of the mascots, etc.

I think it would be too small as a Pocket cover, but it's not as overwhelming this time around.

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Yay for tomorrow

Oooh, my motto - I'll vote for this tomorrow. Or the next day. But definitely before next month. ;)

Re: Faith, Hope, Love

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

edit - had to fix kerning and resub.

gijoe317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gijoe317
oubliette wrote:deleted naughty comment.

ha ha ha ... it's because of the Y U No guy =)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: For Science!

I know there are a lot of sciences in the world, but doesn't it all come down to particles?

The Latin says "I observe, therefore I know." A vote for this shirt is a vote for Science!

For the record, I remixed the HTML5 logo for the shield, released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, and used fonts from The League of Moveable Type, released under the Open Font License. So this shirt is open source!

orabbit4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orabbit4
Narfcake wrote:I definitely like this monochrome version better.

Thanks. I pulled the other version.

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
Re: 8 bit for ever

Not heraldry. Not even close.

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
treehug wrote:I prefer that no cartoon animals be harmed in the making of my t-shirts!

You keep making statements like that and I'm going to keep killing unicorns...

People don't vote for shirts based on art here. They vote with their id. "Oh I know what that is, it relates to me so i like it" or "Haw haw, that's a clever meme on that design".

And, if I ever won I'd have to assume I'd gone wrong somehow. I also don't smooch enough rear-end to win. It DOES seem to play a factor. I'm too surly and ill-tempered for that kind of stuff.

BUT I"M STILL AGAINST YOUR PROPOSED MORALITIES ON THIS SHIRT!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
neuropsychosocial wrote:That's a classy thing to say, Wirdou. In the past, designs rejected with comments like, "I like this, but it's not on theme" have often received HMs, so hopefully this design isn't finished yet, because it's wicked awesome.

Thanks Neuro That would be great, indeed! :D

pennyflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyflip
Re: House Of Threepwood.

Hope you like it!

garethmtran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garethmtran
Re: Create

I would buy 3+ as gifts for all my artistic friends. What A Great Idea For A Shirt!!!

bigpariah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigpariah
Re: Family Practice

that would look slick on a tiki bar mug.

failfoxaway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages failfoxaway
Leahbh wrote:freaking awesome!! And now i'm ever sadder than normal that woot shirts don't fit me now. stupid anvil

I'm still voting. maybe i'll buy a large and make a pillow. I'd also prefer it on a different color. I've never been a fan of this green.

I was a large in the old shirts now I buy smalls and they fit fine.

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate
Re: Carnivore's Guild

Nice job!

mtesta1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtesta1985
Re: Long Live the King

Awesome

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
CityVelo wrote:This is a fun design and all, but I just really wish the wings to either side of the crest were more"Zelda-like". Stylized in some kind of tribal-Hyrulian way. It looks just a little too... eh. And it'd be nice to see some more rupees incorporated into the edge of the crest. Looks just a little too isolated with its features.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

The inner design of the crest is great. Good texture and contrast and shape to it. Really wish the rest of it was a bit more fluid.

i agree....it also looks a bit rushed or uninspired... it looks like he had a good idea and started it and then ran out of ideas... it almost looks unfinished. not much really going on in this design...and im sure it will prolly fog and if we are unlucky it will prolly place and knock a better design out B^(

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: In Joss We Trust

Love the art, but why oh why did you choose green?!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
arinesart wrote:Just for you to know: The whip is a whip, nothing more. What do you want? A Catwoman whip?

Then, what is behind the left snake? I don't even know what you mean. There are two snakes, Cobra and Rattlesnake. Just for the joke that Indy hate snakes.

The Machete? The Machete is EXACTLY like te replica machete I have. Licensed. From Lucasfilm. Go check it.

the whip on one end looks like a jump rope not a whip and not Indy's whip

now that you say that is suposto be a cobra on the left it makes since but it dosnt really look like a cobra and it looks as if there is something behind it instead of it being its hood

i apologise about the machete i was wrong i was thinking this was the one he used to cut the bridge http://www.yourprops.com/norm-47ea2a5686863-Indiana%2BJones%2BAnd%2BThe%2BTemple%2BOf%2BDoom%2B%281984%29.jpeg now i need to go back and watch the movie to see where it is used B^P

cherylfrancis

Re: House Of Slapstick 2

oh yes! I DO like this on this color. I checked out your page at shirtwhat and I really like your clean art. Very stylized and catchy! I'm a new fan for sure.

cherylfrancis

bigpariah wrote:that would look slick on a tiki bar mug.

Yes! Yes, it would!! It would look fantastic on ANYthing other than my computer screen...just sayin. Thanks!

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira

Here's to the troops of the air, land, and sea. Together, they fight for the land of the free.
(This is only my second entry ever on woot so critics welcome!!)

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64525/troop-support

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira
Re: Troop Support

Here's to the troops of the air, land, and sea. Together, they fight for the land of the free.

This is only my second entry to a woot derby so comments (yes critics) welcome!! Thanks!

chellopuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellopuddin
bounty42 wrote:I'm working very hard on not assuming that it was a photoshop copy/paste just because it looks like one. There are a lot of really talented artists on here who actually can do that level of work.

They are 4 champions from the game called 'League of Legends'.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: 2600 on brown

I made the shirt brown and added some vine swingers.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Everyday Badge

Hope you like this one. Please vote.

shmicklet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmicklet
Re: It Is Your Destiny

Zelda inspired, tried to get elements from many games. Particularly older games.

zerglingfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerglingfood
Re: Random Dungeon Heroes

Cute, but I think it would be better off without the stuff on the shield or with only the dice (but slightly bigger and centered). Plus the g in pugs looks like a capital, it is probably just extra flourish but it still looks like a capital G and would bother me.

Synelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Synelia
Re: In Joss We Trust

I personally, like the green, it goes nicely with the design.

I am having a brain fart on the hat + grenade part. Where is that from again?

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Binary Code of Arms - 3 Laws

Forgive me but what are the 3?

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
oubliette wrote:Yes but I also notice a distinct lack of lolcats or perhaps you could have put a Zelda in there... or like, you know, a cutie-pie pokemon.. :P

Lol yeah, seems that's a quick way to gather up some votes from a wide demographic, I like coming up with an original design first though, much more proud of my original content.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
CVBrennan wrote:Forgive me but what are the 3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

orabbit4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orabbit4
cherylfrancis wrote:oh yes! I DO like this on this color. I checked out your page at shirtwhat and I really like your clean art. Very stylized and catchy! I'm a new fan for sure.

I didn't even know I had one of those pages! It seems to have stopped 9 derbies ago. Is that site just slow to update?

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm a fan of yours as well.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: Dire Wolf 2.0

Bummer. I like the mash-up! Perhaps if you put "awesome is coming" in the banner instead of the house name?

Noxychu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Noxychu
Synelia wrote:I personally, like the green, it goes nicely with the design.

I am having a brain fart on the hat + grenade part. Where is that from again?

Firefly, in the series Jayne is given a knitted hat. Also known as his 'cunning hat'. He also loves grenades.

cherylfrancis

orabbit4 wrote:I didn't even know I had one of those pages! It seems to have stopped 9 derbies ago. Is that site just slow to update?

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm a fan of yours as well.

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:

Not sure what the deal is with that site. I'm not real REAL regular here because I have a day job. Hard to whip some art out overnight. I can only tell that one of my designs is missing. It's cool to see all the art together like that.

noog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noog
Re: Tron's Legacy

I'm a big fan of Tron and I love this shirt. I'm sending this link to everyone I know!

shanebullion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanebullion
Re: Crest of Flowers

This is awesome. SP all the way!

agamergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agamergirl
Re: Bear Knight

So cute! I would love to have this one.

redwingsilvertail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwingsilvertail
Re: Kings of the Internet

You are a horrible human, but this is still one of the best submissions...