L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Create

i hope this prints!!! if so it will be the first shirt ive bought in months!!!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
zerglingfood wrote:Cute, but I think it would be better off without the stuff on the shield or with only the dice (but slightly bigger and centered). Plus the g in pugs looks like a capital, it is probably just extra flourish but it still looks like a capital G and would bother me.

IT is capital, because it's a pun. I have no clue what PuG means, but it's obvious that it's a joke.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos
Re: Snag it, Bag, Tag it!

I love the show, but the design just isn't doing it for me

Yup.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: VII

A tribute to one of the all-time great games.

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
thevikingartist wrote:Lol yeah, seems that's a quick way to gather up some votes from a wide demographic, I like coming up with an original design first though, much more proud of my original content.

I couldn't agree more.

oubliette

redwingsilvertail wrote:You are a horrible human, but this is still one of the best submissions...

Wrong...

oubliette

aneira wrote:Here's to the troops of the air, land, and sea. Together, they fight for the land of the free.

This is only my second entry to a woot derby so comments (yes critics) welcome!! Thanks!

Keep in mind, any critisizm you get will most likely not reflect upon how well something will sell, based on the mob mentality here.

It's not a terrible design but it's a little "wide". It could use more north/south balance and it is less like art and more something you can get in the PX to send back home to dad.

What's good about it. You certainly got your message across, which is important. People go in for that patriotism thing, even if it's in an inactive, passive knee-jerk way.

And the word you meant to use is critique. Anyone can be critical but you want someone to give you an honest critique and that takes some understanding of the art.

oubliette

chellopuddin wrote:They are 4 champions from the game called 'League of Legends'.

I agree. It looks like someone grabbed some images from the web and just mono-toned the images...

oubliette

Re: Crest of Flowers

It has a cat. It will go far because of that alone. Beyond that...

WHA????

oubliette

oubliette wrote:It has a cat. It will go far because of that alone. Beyond that...

WHA????

Wait, let me rephrase: A cat, two hammers with a bell on the handle, roller-skates, a roll of plumber's tape with a star on it and wielding goggles. And the banner says "Flowers". WHAT?! Flowers?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Am I really seeing this?

mutantninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantninja
noog wrote:I'm a big fan of Tron and I love this shirt. I'm sending this link to everyone I know!

Awesome, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, I had a blast working on it! (had the score from Tron:Legacy on while I was working on it. One of the best parts of the second Tron movie. Besides Olivia Wilde. lol)

spozm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spozm
benjaminleebates wrote:What is the current consensus about splitting votes.
Is it dangerous to have two shirts so similar? I have until 9 or so tonight to decide if I am going to leave them both or delete this one. The other is in the fog after all.

Since people can vote for multiple shirts it doesn't really split votes, people can vote for both of them if they so wish. This one would probly be in the fog too/instead had people seen it sooner.

redhousecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhousecat

redhousecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhousecat
Re: Adventurer's Crest

I'm assuming if this shirt were to be printed, archaeology would be spelled correctly?

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira
oubliette wrote:Keep in mind, any critisizm you get will most likely not reflect upon how well something will sell, based on the mob mentality here.

It's not a terrible design but it's a little "wide". It could use more north/south balance and it is less like art and more something you can get in the PX to send back home to dad.

What's good about it. You certainly got your message across, which is important. People go in for that patriotism thing, even if it's in an inactive, passive knee-jerk way.

And the word you meant to use is critique. Anyone can be critical but you want someone to give you an honest critique and that takes some understanding of the art.

I was referring to actual people when I used critics but yes I want honest critiques. College seems to force it down your throught until you like it so don't be shy.

Mine won't win, there are others I know to be designed on a higher level than I. To be honest I'm not really shooting for a win at the moment but more trying to get back in the swing of things design-wise. Someone on the forum asked for troop support so that's all I could come up with. That was probably my "inactive, passive knee-jerk way." Hopefully doing a couple of these derbies will get the juices flowing again. Thanks for the advice! It is appreciated.

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira
Re: Busy as the bee

Honestly might be better without the banner...

Necrotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Necrotech
aneira wrote:Honestly might be better without the banner...

I considered it, but it looks less like a crest symbol then, I think. Also I haven't seen a crest without one so far, seems to be one of the few identifying traits of it anyway. :P If you find one without a banner I will see about redoing it.

tigerfox77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerfox77
Re: In Joss We Trust

Alien: Resurrection is not one of his prouder moments. I'd probably go with Dr. Horrible or something in that square. Otherwise love the shirt.

DiablaRoja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiablaRoja
Re: No Half Measures

I like it, but I would have replaced the beaker with the mask, and put the hat where the mask is.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Tempus (Gear-y Potter v.2)

I agree that the other design was too large for the shirt but the mascots were well done. This version loses all visual appeal. I don't see the connection to Harry Potter either. It's obviously time related but I just see a bunch of gears and an hourglass.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
oubliette wrote:Wait, let me rephrase: A cat, two hammers with a bell on the handle, roller-skates, a roll of plumber's tape with a star on it and wielding goggles. And the banner says "Flowers". WHAT?! Flowers?

For Ramona.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Family Practice

I really dig your style CF. All you need to do now is compromise your principles and apply that style to some super-chibi-pop-cultural-or-geeky-reference and you'd win like Flynn (Tron ref).

move along

stingray69

Re: X-SHIELD

Looks really good and is immediately recognizable but the slogan is a bit long and I wonder if the Phoenix logo is trademarked.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
failfoxaway wrote:I was a large in the old shirts now I buy smalls and they fit fine.

i wore medium.

stingray69

Re: Crested Development

Wasn't "I need a favor" supposed to be on the family crest?

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
WinterNightz wrote:awesome! at least so far, this is really the only entry I can possibly see myself purchasing.

much appreciated, i try not to use pop culture to snag votes and keep it original, thus my downfall.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Family Practice

This is pretty cool, and a nice take on the theme!

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
tigerfox77 wrote:Alien: Resurrection is not one of his prouder moments. I'd probably go with Dr. Horrible or something in that square. Otherwise love the shirt.

I agree, I think Buffy really deserves to be on the shield and Alien Resurrection was not that good of an Alien movie aside from all the witty banter. Plus Whedon is known for creating his own interesting detailed universes and his work on Alien:R was just a screenplay in somebody else's franchise.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
L3g3ndQ wrote:i hope this prints!!! if so it will be the first shirt ive bought in months!!!

Ooooh...I so need this! My new boss is attempting to downsize our art department. She somehow thinks that anybody can use computer programs and be an artist. No respect for what we do AT ALL. I will proudly wear this shirt in her face and probably to the unemployment line as well. I want this. I love this. Respect the artist. Thank you for creating this.

dogboytq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogboytq

You are correct the Latin is wrong. Next time ask a Latin student, we love to help. I can has in Latin is, potest habere. The ego would only be for emphasis, if you want to say I can has.

dogboytq

You are correct the Latin is wrong. Next time ask a Latin student, we love to help. I can has in Latin is, potest habere. The ego would only be for emphasis, if you want to say I can has.

dogboytq

cherylfrancis

j5 wrote:I really dig your style CF. All you need to do now is compromise your principles and apply that style to some super-chibi-pop-cultural-or-geeky-reference and you'd win like Flynn (Tron ref).

Thank you so much for your kind words. How do you know EXACTLY what I'm struggling with?? AAAAuuurgghhh!!! I actually had potion bottles and smoke coming out in front of the laurels, and a voodoo doll, but I deleted them thinking they might be too ritualistic and evil for woot. I'm TRYING to keep it cute. I don't wanna do pop culture...Noooooooooo!!

cherylfrancis

bluetuba wrote:This is pretty cool, and a nice take on the theme!

Thank you! I tried a regular old coat of arms and blaaaaah...

cherylfrancis

oubliette wrote:You keep making statements like that and I'm going to keep killing unicorns...

People don't vote for shirts based on art here. They vote with their id. "Oh I know what that is, it relates to me so i like it" or "Haw haw, that's a clever meme on that design".

And, if I ever won I'd have to assume I'd gone wrong somehow. I also don't smooch enough rear-end to win. It DOES seem to play a factor. I'm too surly and ill-tempered for that kind of stuff.

BUT I"M STILL AGAINST YOUR PROPOSED MORALITIES ON THIS SHIRT!

hahaha...LOVE these comments. I just received a biting critique myself to incorporate more pop culture and cutesy foo foo crap. Noooooooooooooo!!!!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
Re: Noble Gases

I don't think the Rejectionator saw the crests in the background or gets the pun of the Noble gases. Anyway, great design!

natecastle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natecastle
stingray69 wrote:I agree that the other design was too large for the shirt but the mascots were well done. This version loses all visual appeal. I don't see the connection to Harry Potter either. It's obviously time related but I just see a bunch of gears and an hourglass.

I'm pretty sure the hourglass is a time-turner, from Prisoner of Azkaban and some of the other books. And the colors are the house colors of Hogwarts.

GMV +1

kingdomkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdomkey
Re: Disney Crest

I can feel the copyright infringement.

scotadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotadam
Re: Simianus

Help! How do I vote?

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
oubliette wrote:I'm too surly and ill-tempered for that kind of stuff.

I think you should draw what makes you happy - unless being happy makes you unhappy...