writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Half the shirts on this site are copyrighted.
Have you seen the other entries?

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria

would have loved to see this pulled off!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
writermist wrote:Half the shirts on this site are copyrighted.

It gives me absolute FITS that copyright is even thrown around by the artists on this site. The first thing they run to is "pop-culture". They make money off of other people's, more creative people's hard work and vision. How DARE anyone bring up copyright! Pop-culture does not give you an excuse for lazy creation. I challenge woot to throw out ANY and ALL references to anything that has ever been seen before. They won't do it, because they're here to make money and the artists are more than willing to play along. So much talent here, incredible skills going to waste feeding the mindless public. That's my rant. You have my vote just because you pointed that fact out. I'm off to peruse the interwebs for the latest trend...gotta make a buck.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
oubliette wrote:Wrong...

Mean! ;D

dogboytq wrote:You are correct the Latin is wrong. Next time ask a Latin student, we love to help. I can has in Latin is, potest habere. The ego would only be for emphasis, if you want to say I can has.

Yeah, I asked someone who studied Latin 9248244 years ago but that clearly didn't help much. I'll just go with what orabbit said and realize that lolcats have no effs to give about grammar or propriety in any language.

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:It gives me absolute FITS that copyright is even thrown around by the artists on this site. The first thing they run to is "pop-culture". They make money off of other people's, more creative people's hard work and vision. How DARE anyone bring up copyright! Pop-culture does not give you an excuse for lazy creation. I challenge woot to throw out ANY and ALL references to anything that has ever been seen before. They won't do it, because they're here to make money and the artists are more than willing to play along. So much talent here, incredible skills going to waste feeding the mindless public. That's my rant. You have my vote just because you pointed that fact out. I'm off to peruse the interwebs for the latest trend...gotta make a buck.

I'm getting cramps in my soul from doing so.

cherylfrancis

Re: Disney Crest

Oh, and please excuse my blanket statement. Obviously, I don't mean ALL of the artists. I'm done. Bye!

rasabi

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rasabi

Updated version can be found here

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
Re: Crest of Thrones

Yes! Please Yes!!!

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cherylfrancis wrote:hahaha...LOVE these comments. I just received a biting critique myself to incorporate more pop culture and cutesy foo foo crap. Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Biting critique? I hope you recognized my comment as a critique of the derby and the general culture around it instead of a criticism of your work.

move along

j5

Re: House Matthias

I highly recommend the audio books for the series. They are done up like radio plays with full voice acting and background music. Brian Jacques did the narration with family and friends as various characters. Good stuff that.

Also, +1

move along

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn
Re: To Mine Divine

the grammar I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant within is twitching over the lack of comma in "to mine, divine," but overall, I like it!

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn
Re: Legendary Mask

awesome! I think the flag fits Majora's Mask better than the crest.

j5

cherylfrancis wrote:Thank you so much for your kind words. How do you know EXACTLY what I'm struggling with?? AAAAuuurgghhh!!! I actually had potion bottles and smoke coming out in front of the laurels, and a voodoo doll, but I deleted them thinking they might be too ritualistic and evil for woot. I'm TRYING to keep it cute. I don't wanna do pop culture...Noooooooooo!!

This entry and the one from last week could have very easily been corrup...uh..augmented via the addition of lemonhead, a three headed monkey, a rubber chicken with a pully in it, or any variant thereof. Monkey Island still enjoys great nostalgia and is easily incorporated into your theme. Of course, then you'd have to self flagellate or something as pennance.

move along

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
bounty42 wrote:A-vengers.
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Thor
Captiain America
IronMan

And the Hulk look at the fist on top.

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
Re: Random Dungeon Heroes

Haaaa, cute! PuGs are Pick Up Groups. A very popular (okay, the MOST popular) MMO rewards players with a pug dog companion when you run a specific number of PuGs.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
writermist wrote:Half the shirts on this site are copyrighted.

It is one thing to be inspired by art from other places. And parody is allowed in some cases. But when you use actual trademarked logos and such, it is against Section 12 of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you submitted this to Woot. "12. Artist Representations. Artist represents and warrants that he/she has the right to enter into this Agreement, that the Artwork is original and has not been previously used commercially, and shall not infringe upon or violate any copyright, or any other personal or proprietary right of any kind of any third party. Artist indemnifies Woot, its officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns, against any and all losses, expenses (including attorney’s reasonable fees), or damages arising out of any breach of Artist’s warranties, representations, and obligations hereunder."

Woot may not get around to rejecting this if it doesn't get many votes, but you can be sure that they will not print this, since Disney's lawyers would make mincemeat of them.

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver
Re: Noble Gases

I believe it works as a crest in the form. Each has their own gassy letters in a family group.

zanitie23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanitie23

Nobis omnes insanithie
We're all mad here

Bigger version:
tinyurl.com/84n6jx5

zanitie23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanitie23
Re: We're All Mad Here

Sorry - I uploaded the wrong picture. (No shirt template shown on this one.) I'll try to get them to take this entry down.

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq

reposted below

loulousq

agamergirl wrote:So cute! I would love to have this one.

Vote for there crest here:
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64545/bear-crest

writermist

rant all you want.
It's okay. Thank you for the vote. ^^
The only reason I entered this is because there are no good shirts with Oswald on them.
I love this site because it helps fans get better shirts for their favorite shows/movies/games. Plus it's a good way to bring things back from the dead that shirts don't even exist for in the first place.

writermist

I don't believe it. D8
I had the same idea but the weapons were placed differently. Oh well, too late now. ><
I scarped that idea for another.

loulousq

Re: Bear Crest

The bear represents Strength. Physical strength and strength through courage.
This is the crest seen on the shield here but with a different color scheme:

vote for it here: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64532/bear-knight

writermist

mjc613 wrote:It is one thing to be inspired by art from other places. And parody is allowed in some cases. But when you use actual trademarked logos and such, it is against Section 12 of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you submitted this to Woot. "12. Artist Representations. Artist represents and warrants that he/she has the right to enter into this Agreement, that the Artwork is original and has not been previously used commercially, and shall not infringe upon or violate any copyright, or any other personal or proprietary right of any kind of any third party. Artist indemnifies Woot, its officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns, against any and all losses, expenses (including attorney’s reasonable fees), or damages arising out of any breach of Artist’s warranties, representations, and obligations hereunder."

Woot may not get around to rejecting this if it doesn't get many votes, but you can be sure that they will not print this, since Disney's lawyers would make mincemeat of them.

Damn... :C
I'm afraid you're right.
I should have gone with Ninja Turtles. ><

Oh well. I'll leave it in just to see how many like it.

ishnite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ishnite
cherylfrancis wrote:Ooooh...I so need this! My new boss is attempting to downsize our art department. She somehow thinks that anybody can use computer programs and be an artist. No respect for what we do AT ALL. I will proudly wear this shirt in her face and probably to the unemployment line as well. I want this. I love this. Respect the artist. Thank you for creating this.

It really is a shame that one of the first things to go is the art department. People really do underestimate the power of aesthetics and how significant someone with the skill set and talent is. Hope you keep your job or that you find a new one where you are respected!
This shirt is fantastic. I love everything about it and that it hits heart strings with us art creators.

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
stingray69 wrote:Looks really good and is immediately recognizable but the slogan is a bit long and I wonder if the Phoenix logo is trademarked.

The Phoenix logo I've invented, I have not copied, so it's not the original. Although I have no objection to substituting another well of my invention.
The slogan expresses very well the work of the xmen, however, what you suggest to put words and make it short?.
Thank you, Bye!

pennyflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyflip
Re: House Of Threepwood. ( But Better!)

added some things, hope it's to your liking. I'm open to notes and comments!

artfullyneko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artfullyneko

Love it and I would proudly wear this one! Nice to see a shirt that represents all the artists out there! Got my BFA and about to get my Masters, with this shirt on... I would look serious for art! woot!

treehug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treehug
Re: Family Practice

The colors and bold style are awesome & unique. Maybe it needs a motto?

Re: Faith, Hope, Love

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
aneira wrote:I was referring to actual people when I used critics but yes I want honest critiques. College seems to force it down your throught until you like it so don't be shy.

Mine won't win, there are others I know to be designed on a higher level than I. To be honest I'm not really shooting for a win at the moment but more trying to get back in the swing of things design-wise. Someone on the forum asked for troop support so that's all I could come up with. That was probably my "inactive, passive knee-jerk way." Hopefully doing a couple of these derbies will get the juices flowing again. Thanks for the advice! It is appreciated.

I meant knee-jerk patriot in the sense that a lot of Americans buy a plastic flag and then call themselves a patriot.

Patriots DO something and I guess I'm a little hard-nosed on the subject. the country is going down the crapper.

oubliette

anemality wrote:Mean! ;D

I'm a villain. It's WHAT I DO!

oubliette

treehug wrote:I think you should draw what makes you happy - unless being happy makes you unhappy...

Precisely... crushing other people's enjoyment of chibi, under the steamroller of wickedness, powered with the fuel of bad-assery, makes me positively giddy.

molslagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molslagel
Re: We're All Mad Here

I love this! It looks like a lot of thought has gone into this. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories and this is a great design!

mightywooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightywooter

I find I may not be able to pass up something that contains a Titan AE reference.

cherylfrancis

j5 wrote:This entry and the one from last week could have very easily been corrup...uh..augmented via the addition of lemonhead, a three headed monkey, a rubber chicken with a pully in it, or any variant thereof. Monkey Island still enjoys great nostalgia and is easily incorporated into your theme. Of course, then you'd have to self flagellate or something as pennance.

I have no idea what Monkey Island even is!!

cherylfrancis

j5 wrote:Biting critique? I hope you recognized my comment as a critique of the derby and the general culture around it instead of a criticism of your work.

Oh, poo. I know what you meant. It's all good...just a little grumbling directed at myself mostly. I DO thank you for taking the time to help me out. I'm kind of hard headed, you see.

cherylfrancis

treehug wrote:

Thank you. I'm not a fan of type just to have type. Didn't know what to say!

ladyinthestorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyinthestorm

I MUST have this!

ladyinthestorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyinthestorm

I MUST have this!