molslagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molslagel
Re: House of Dent

Took me a minute but I got it. I love it! This needs more votes.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
orabbit wrote:Yes, but if you offer two choices, some people will pick a but not b, and vice versa. If you only had one choice, all those hypothetical votes would go to one entry. I think it's always bad to leave two versions up past the 24 hr delete cut-off.

I see that, but the fact that my second entry is about to surpass my first and the star trek shirt are both in the fog, as well as how the internet cat/meme shirt is/has been doing... It seems like something else you could support either train of thought.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Salute

that's odd that they cant run this one but they are perfectly ok with the two in the fog with a freakin enterprise B^P

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Nuts

My favorite of all! +1

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

three colors on brown. this was was just for fun. I hope you like it!

Re: Old School Forever

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
orabbit wrote:It's actually Latin for "I transform". You want the imperative, which is "Muta!".

A cursory glance at the internet reveals your wisdom. I don't latin good. I'll make the change as soon as I am able.

autsey

Loo behind you! A three-headed monkey! I'm jealous that I didn't think of this.

Re: House Of Threepwood. ( But Better!)

mutantninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantninja
bounty42 wrote:Pretty much, my first thought was actually Program, as my buddy's default greating for everything is "Greetings Program" but that's not quite right. However, a RED version that says PROGRAM would be cool too.

A red version is, again, an idea I was contemplating submitting. If I can get to it tonight I'll toss that one in too, since it seems we're allowed to submit more than one work in a derby. (This is only my second entry, so I'm still figuring a few things out here). I should have seen the problem using Flynn coming, but I initially thought it would be a vague enough name to pass.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: ...et Rollus Outicus [v2]

Fixed a Latin typo on my previous entry. It appears I had a deficit of both the touch and the power. yeah...

Thanks to orabbit for pointing out my horrid blasphemy against the Latinians.

Also: Muta is the "second-person singular present active imperative of muto" which means "to transform". Wikipedia phrases Muta as equaling TRANSFORM THOU which I shall work into face to face conversation as soon as I am able.

rekayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekayo
Sachmoe64 wrote:You had me till you included the skull... I just can't accept that that movie exists.

But you can accept Temple of Doom? If ToD wasn't worse then at least they were equally bad

rekayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekayo
Re: Carnivore's Guild

I don't know if I'd buy one but that motto is awesome. It has a vote from me.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
rasabi wrote:Fixed a Latin typo on my previous entry. It appears I had a deficit of both the touch and the power. yeah...

Thanks to orabbit for pointing out my horrid blasphemy against the Latinians.

Also: Muta is the "second-person singular present active imperative of muto" which means "to transform". Wikipedia phrases Muta as equaling TRANSFORM THOU which I shall work into face to face conversation as soon as I am able.

Hope you don't think me an annoying pedant! I'd love to hear the conversation you drop that phrase into.

schighschagh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schighschagh
roysterer wrote:I really really hope that both colors get in the top 3. I want to see if woot will print both.

I'm a Trekkie through and through and through. But something just doesn't sit well about this with me. Maybe it's the placement... as someone else mentioned, maybe make it small and put it on the top left...

LePookey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LePookey
Re: He Will Rock You

I want this exact quote but with picture of joker

gtiger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gtiger

I love this...fearsome dragon, calm war horses and room to paint in your own name....hmmmmm

gtiger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gtiger
Re: Dragon Crest

I love this...fearsome dragon, calm war horses and room to paint in your own name....hmmmmm

tempestrogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempestrogue

While the Marines "technically" fall under the Navy - I am surprised you haven't gotten one of them to say - hey our logo isnt in there or the coasties too

Rogue 5

charliecataline

quality posts: 3 Private Messages charliecataline
Re: The Crest of Awesome

Do you enjoy fighting bear-tanks with nothing but a spork? Do you often ride into the burning sunset of Valhalla, upon your crystal dragon, as you fire thundering arrows through the armored yeti goblins below? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to join the Family of Awesome, and don our face melting crest. So please, join us as we travel the world, delivering the HIGHEST OF FIVES!

Please vote on my design, I am new to Woot and would love to get printed and contribute more designs! Thanks!

charliecataline

quality posts: 3 Private Messages charliecataline
charliecataline wrote:Do you enjoy fighting bear-tanks with nothing but a spork? Do you often ride into the burning sunset of Valhalla, upon your crystal dragon, as you fire thundering arrows through the armored yeti goblins below? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to join the Family of Awesome, and don our face melting crest. So please, join us as we travel the world, delivering the HIGHEST OF FIVES!

Please vote on my design, I am new to Woot and would love to get printed and contribute more designs! Thanks!

Also P.S. To avoid any confusion, this design is original artwork, not affiliated with any sort of show or movie. It's more an assembly of all of the world's badassery in one crest.

tempestrogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempestrogue

I WANT ONE NOW TOO - AND YES I AM SCREAMING ABOUT IT

Rogue 5

rishellenoelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rishellenoelle
Re: Yay for tomorrow

I heart this shirt :}

Ellimist28

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ellimist28
Re: Legendary Mask V2

This is actually my favorite of the whole bunch. I like the asymmetric design.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: As You Wish

Aren't you glad I didn't do "My name is Inigo Montoya"

Late late entry, but I had started it and needed to finish it. Hope you enjoy

jessicar64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicar64

Totally awesome! Glad you finished it. I could do without the Latin ROUS translation on the top - distracts a bit from the rest. "As you wish" is an absolutely perfect banner text. Good luck!

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
noxandpy wrote:I'll be honest, I didn't have the time or space(didn't want it to look cluttered), for everything I wanted to do on this shirt.
As for the buffy reference, I realise now it could have been stronger. I wanted to give it a much bigger prominence in the design than things on the shield itself. Shield stuff = little stuff, Giant goggles, Mal's pistol, and the Vamp-Stake, all big things! I should have included something else buffy-esque but I couldnt really think of a small item or something that would really represent the show, other than the wooden stake.

Maybe some fangs or something? I don't know, I'm no artist and you don't tell me how to do my job. Anyways, love love love the shirt. I really hope it gets printed and good luck :-)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great colors and very cool style! (love the metal shark)

Welcome to Woot. :^)

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
dijay wrote:The logo has been sufficiently modified to avoid problems, or at least I hope so. This is the original logo...

I have also submitted a version on navy background. Which one you like more? Star Crest - Navy

Thanks everyone ;)

Navy!! The colors pop better.

bradalee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalee

Ah man, i'd so buy this if it won. Pity it was probably submitted too late

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
wallertribe wrote:This reminds me a bit of 80's surf/skate wear. I love it

Is OP still around?! haha..thank you!

ampersandink1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ampersandink1

Wow, I feel I have been beaten by the Woot cops. I guess I should have used create also.

autsey

Got my vote!!

redhousecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhousecat
alis0ntalb0t wrote:

You can spell it "archeology" if "archaeology" is too long. Both are correct.

True, but please don't mention that in front a real archaeologist. ;)

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

Inconceivable! I Love It! +1

orabbit

In the name of wanting a strong design to be stronger, the Latin should read Mures Magnitudinis Inusitatae.

orabbit

I love the symmetry of the rainbow spewing from the CRT monitor and the taco toting tentacle tied to the treasure chest.

ginger4me2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginger4me2
Re: Star Crest

Like this

orabbit

Re: House of Coffee

Looks great! It would be cool to have the Greek Key motif somewhere to go with your Lithos font, like the blue Anthora coffee cups. And maybe one of those glass sugar pourers? But I'm just brainstorming. Nice job!

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira
tempestrogue wrote:While the Marines "technically" fall under the Navy - I am surprised you haven't gotten one of them to say - hey our logo isnt in there or the coasties too

Me too, though that is the reason I chose to do just the anchor since all three share at least that in their logos/signia. So I'm assuming it worked. :P The goal was to represent land, air and sea as generally as I could. That way everyone is included. Sorta.

rmstorey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmstorey
orabbit wrote:Love this shirt, but the Latin is wonky. Quia (or Quod) Possumus is what you mean. This says Because We He Is Able. You don't need Nos for We. It's in the verb ending.

As wife of the shirt's creator, I did the half-assed Latin here, and I'll freely admit I took it straight from the questionable files of Google Translate. At the time I didn't know anybody who knew enough Latin to do the correct translation.

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage
Re: House Matthias

Redwall!

http://redwallverses.webs.com/redwall.htm
has the whole poem that this comes from