kakya95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakya95
Un0fficial wrote:Yes! Please Yes!!!

Incredibly cool!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Re: As You Wish

Wow I hope this grows some wings and moves up fast cause I needs it!!!

lalycairn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalycairn

Definitely purchasing this one for my grilling mate, should it win. Great shirt!

Re: Holy Grill

shark01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shark01
Re: Forever Lazy

nude beach, Booze, and Drugs? Gee, I do so wonder if this will be rejected. :P

sbartoloma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbartoloma
orabbit wrote:In the name of wanting a strong design to be stronger, the Latin should read Mures Magnitudinis Inusitatae.

The ablative case is fine, just make sure the noun and adjective agree (magnitudo is feminine, so it should read "Mures Inusitata Magnitudine, not inusitato). Total instabuy if you win - best of luck!

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
shaelyn wrote:the grammar I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant within is twitching over the lack of comma in "to mine, divine," but overall, I like it!

but divine seems like such a fun thing to mine!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
charliecataline wrote:Please vote on my design, I am new to Woot and would love to get printed and contribute more designs! Thanks!

Welcome to Woot. As heads up for next time, you always have a better chance of printing if you submit derby entries early.

Also, this design is awesome.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
sbartoloma wrote:The ablative case is fine, just make sure the noun and adjective agree (magnitudo is feminine, so it should read "Mures Inusitata Magnitudine, not inusitato). Total instabuy if you win - best of luck!

I know nothing about Latin, but I think it might look better without any Latin at all.

Great design! I know several people who would definitely want this shirt.

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

+1,000 If I Could!

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

This is Me!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: The Crest Family Crest

Awwww, for a second I thought Kenney was back.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
sbartoloma wrote:The ablative case is fine, just make sure the noun and adjective agree (magnitudo is feminine, so it should read "Mures Inusitata Magnitudine, not inusitato). Total instabuy if you win - best of luck!

I blame Google translate and our school system as a whole for not better instructing us in dead languages, but mostly Google

If a couple people can agree on the correct Latin I can send in a revised file as I haven't emailed it yet due to how late and tired I was last night when I sub'd it.

Thanks for all the support so far everybody. I think I may have a chance at third at least seeing how low the voting is on this derby so far and the low vote trend in general as of late.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Lego Time!

This shirt will probably be rejected. It has more than the 6 colors allowed, and it is hard to see the theme in this design (Crests and Heraldry: "Give us your proudest, noblest displays of family crests, house banners, and other heraldry .... ").

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Ellimist28 wrote:This is actually my favorite of the whole bunch. I like the asymmetric design.

Thanks a lot!

negativecharisma

quality posts: 4 Private Messages negativecharisma
Re: Huzzah!

Love it!

mitchblahman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchblahman
Re: The Crest of Awesome

I cannot see anywhere on this page that I would be able to vote, but I really want to cause this is absolutely awesome.

violetthewhitewolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violetthewhitewolf

I'm new at this and I'm not sure how to vote on a shirt can anyone help me

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
violetthewhitewolf wrote:I'm new at this and I'm not sure how to vote on a shirt can anyone help me

Hey there! In order to vote on shirts, you need to have a purchase! Take a look around, find one you like, buy it, and then feel free to vote!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Lego Time!

Also, I hear that Lego aggressively defends it's IP and this has not only a Lego man on it, but the Lego bricks too.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
mutantninja wrote:A red version is, again, an idea I was contemplating submitting. If I can get to it tonight I'll toss that one in too, since it seems we're allowed to submit more than one work in a derby. (This is only my second entry, so I'm still figuring a few things out here). I should have seen the problem using Flynn coming, but I initially thought it would be a vague enough name to pass.

I haven't actually got one to the 'submit' stage yet. But yeah, as many as you want. Some guys float 2 or 3 of the same design to see which does best. Some do 2 or 3 different designs. Most of them are LEGENDS on here though, and do this for their primary income.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

etzhadaat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etzhadaat

Why would the carnivore shirt have latin about potatoes? That's enough to keep me from getting it. I guess other people like it though.

sarafleenor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarafleenor
orabbit wrote:Looks great! It would be cool to have the Greek Key motif somewhere to go with your Lithos font, like the blue Anthora coffee cups. And maybe one of those glass sugar pourers? But I'm just brainstorming. Nice job!

Thank you!!
Good eye on the Lithos! I really just wanted a font that is clean while still having an aged feel. Thanks again for your nice comments!

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles
oubliette wrote:Wait, let me rephrase: A cat, two hammers with a bell on the handle, roller-skates, a roll of plumber's tape with a star on it and wielding goggles. And the banner says "Flowers". WHAT?! Flowers?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Am I really seeing this?

Ramona Flowers from scott pilgrim

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=ramona+flowers&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1092&bih=499&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=f78FUJPVBIOO8wSayK38Bw

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles
Re: Bringing Harmony to the Elements

Love this shirt! :D

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
Re: Artorius

I'm sure I could have cleaned this up a lot more, however I'm not much of an artist and would love some constructive criticism! Thanks.

bounty42

tjost wrote:Thanks for all the support so far everybody. I think I may have a chance at third at least seeing how low the voting is on this derby so far and the low vote trend in general as of late.

It's certainly got wings on it.
Last couple of Derbies your Print - Fog numbers have been
259 -- 497 - 375
258 -- 456 - 350
257 -- 528 - 465
256 -- 578 - 472
255 -- 575 - 547

So if you can keep this up until Thursday you have a chance.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

etzhadaat wrote:Why would the carnivore shirt have latin about potatoes? That's enough to keep me from getting it. I guess other people like it though.

It reads "Making Potatoes Relevant" meaning there's no reason to have a potato without lots of MEAT!

bounty42

bluetuba wrote:Also, I hear that Lego aggressively defends it's IP and this has not only a Lego man on it, but the Lego bricks too.

Bricks are bricks, but the catch phase for the show, plus the lead character, with minimal changes, and no real parody.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I'm not sure which is more appropriate - genitive of description (Mures Inusitatae Magnitudinis) or ablative of description (Mures Inusitata Magnitudine). Word order doesn't really matter, so take your pick I guess. Without a verb, I get confused. Can someone else weigh in?

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

dont really like the subject matter but i have to say it is very well done

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

voted on this for a friend of mine who is a zelda nerd

tjost

orabbit wrote:I'm not sure which is more appropriate - genitive of description (Mures Inusitatae Magnitudinis) or ablative of description (Mures Inusitata Magnitudine). Word order doesn't really matter, so take your pick I guess. Without a verb, I get confused. Can someone else weigh in?

I think I'm going with "Mures Inusitata Magnitudine". Thanks for the help guys, and to everyone else thanks for the quick mass of votes. Keep it up

ivymannix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivymannix

Your artwork is AMAZING!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Create

I'll get one of these if it prints .

tjost

Re: The Crest of Awesome

->*AWESOME*<- +1

tjost

Re: Create

Really love this and if it prints I will be wearing one

PS - I like the subtle transparency grid you have on the left side, hopefully that prints ok.

tjost

Re: Holy Grill

Nice job Mr Almazan. I think what I like most is that it's a different style then what you usually do your subs in. I like it when veterans change it up

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Ah well, it was still fun to do! Live and learn .

Re: Old School Forever

tidbit411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tidbit411
Re: Crest of Thrones

This shirt needs to be made!!!

St2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages St2

want it