WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cage Match: Dinos vs. Dragons

Dinosaurs. Dragons. Mortal enemies separated by eons, or possibly the same creature just mistakenly attributed as two by scared, primitive human beings finding bones in the sand. Either way, it'd be pretty sweet to watch them fight. And now you can! On your chest!

mgmontgomery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgmontgomery

Man, too bad there's no Cupcakeosaur. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cupcakeosaur

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lookit! No bunnies or kitties. I expect to see celebrations in the hallways, people!

baybei

quality posts: 47 Private Messages baybei

I like kitties and bunnies though.

However, I also love dragons, I think I'm in trouble with the side sale. Shame on you woot!

And, I'm buying a Hugasaurus Rex for a friend this week.

Well, after I get paid...I think half my paycheck will be going to woot! Great, who needs to pay bills?

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

I have the Circuit Dragon tee. It is one of my favorite tees. All the colors complement each other very well. Note: I have the original AA one. I hope the Anvil creme shirt is like the AA creme.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Starting Numbers
Red Summer Skies 2870
I’m here to rescue… uh… 2811
Hugasaurus Rex 2429
Unexpected News 1692
Rock, Paper, Dragon 1044
Jurassic Parka 2468
The Samurai and the Sea Dragon 3737
Circuit Dragon 2516
The Three Classical States of Matter 7473
Critical Hit 3900

Printing on AA:
none

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
ThunderThighs wrote:Lookit! No bunnies or kitties. I expect to see celebrations in the hallways, people!

Actually, I expect to see someone draw up a dinobunnitteh now.

Parkertron

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Parkertron

Isn't it obvious that the Jurassic parka should have been the hoodie?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ThunderThighs wrote:Lookit! No bunnies or kitties. I expect to see celebrations in the hallways, people!
Narfcake wrote:Actually, I expect to see someone draw up a dinobunnitteh now.

I'll be hiding under the abacus as the cats and bunnies chase the dinos and dragons down the hallway.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

How funny, I'm actually wearing Three Classical States right now. Very fitting.

(By the way love this shirt, highly recommended for trips to the museum =D)

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

If Jurassic Punk was on a hoodie I would have bought a few as gifts

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

There is a serious lack of Natural Instinct here!

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

CapitalGGeek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CapitalGGeek
jezebelseven wrote:There is a serious lack of Natural Instinct here!

And 'Inevitable Betrayal' and 'Some Motivation Required'

rumpatas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas

I SOOOO wish "Exercise: Some Motivation Required" had been included with this. I might be out running instead of sitting on the couch typing this.

rockymike

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rockymike

Did we ever find out who won Pirates vs Ninjas?

Yeah, so there's that...

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

yay, hoodies! already had Critical Hit as a tee, ordered the hoodie now \o/

and Three Classical States of Matter is a tee i've wanted for a long time.
pro tip: sell it as a hoodie next week, and get another sale ;)

glimfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather

Does anyone know what the Chinese(?) characters mean on The Samurai and the Sea Dragon shirt/hoodie?

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Well hell. I already own all the awesome dragon shirts...and none of these dinos scream "must have on shirt!" to me. Be back for the next sale!

xarous

quality posts: 10 Private Messages xarous
glimfeather wrote:Does anyone know what the Chinese(?) characters mean on The Samurai and the Sea Dragon shirt/hoodie?

It's Kanji. It says Samurai & Sea Dragon.

jaaayzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaaayzhu

Awesome, bought a Critical Hit!

Diveratis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diveratis
glimfeather wrote:Does anyone know what the Chinese(?) characters mean on The Samurai and the Sea Dragon shirt/hoodie?

It's Japanese [or rather kanji] as in this case, 龍 [ryuu] is used for dragon, whereas in Chinese you would use 虬.

Put together it would literally translate as Samurai Sea Dragon

侍 [samurai]
海 [umi -- ocean]
龍 [ryuu -- dragon]

glimfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glimfeather

Thank you xarous and Diveratis for the quick responses! I really wanted to get the hoodie, but not without knowing what the writing meant.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

I still wear my original Circuit Dragon from 3 years ago. It's such a great design! I was hoping to get another one, and here it is again. Hooray!!

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeviantDragon
Diveratis wrote:It's Japanese [or rather kanji] as in this case, 龍 [ryuu] is used for dragon, whereas in Chinese you would use 虬.

Put together it would literally translate as Samurai Sea Dragon

侍 [samurai]
海 [umi -- ocean]
龍 [ryuu -- dragon]

龍 is also the traditional Chinese character for dragon. 虬 is the simplified version of it. And in general all these characters are valid Chinese characters and are not exclusively Japanese. One difference in meaning though is that 侍 generically means "serve" in Chinese. However, given the depiction of the warrior it's reasonable that Japanese was the intent though it could still be read as Chinese.

Mystic5523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mystic5523

I'm curious. Why are they not shipping right away? The estimated delivery time on a one day shipping is 10 days away. Not in any super rush, but it would have been kinda nice to have it by this weekend.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mystic5523 wrote:I'm curious. Why are they not shipping right away? The estimated delivery time on a one day shipping is 10 days away. Not in any super rush, but it would have been kinda nice to have it by this weekend.

Well, from what I understand, woot does not print these as they are being sold. I believe that they print side sale items after the sale is over and all orders are in and tallied. Since the sale lasts through Sunday, July 22, that means that they will not begin printing them until next week. Thus the longer wait 'til shipment and receipt of your item(s).

Mystic5523

goldenthorn wrote:Well, from what I understand, woot does not print these as they are being sold. I believe that they print side sale items after the sale is over and all orders are in and tallied. Since the sale lasts through Sunday, July 22, that means that they will not begin printing them until next week. Thus the longer wait 'til shipment and receipt of your item(s).

I kinda thought it might have been something like that but I wasn't sure and didn't see it written anywhere.

If I had known that I wouldn't have gone for the extra $5 for one day shipping but no worries, its only a fiver. :P

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Mystic5523 wrote:I kinda thought it might have been something like that but I wasn't sure and didn't see it written anywhere.

If I had known that I wouldn't have gone for the extra $5 for one day shipping but no worries, its only a fiver. :P

You still do get advanced speed for that $5. A Rush shirt should arrive next Thursday 7/26. Non-rush orders won't be there until August.

If you still have an issue, you can contact service@woot.com and talk it out. I don't know how they've been handling it in the past, but this does come up every week.

You are, by FAR, the coolest about it though. Possibly one of the most efficient too. Normally we get lots of cussing on Wednesday when they don't have their shirt.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Mystic5523

bounty42 wrote:You still do get advanced speed for that $5. A Rush shirt should arrive next Thursday 7/26. Non-rush orders won't be there until August.

If you still have an issue, you can contact service@woot.com and talk it out. I don't know how they've been handling it in the past, but this does come up every week.

You are, by FAR, the coolest about it though. Possibly one of the most efficient too. Normally we get lots of cussing on Wednesday when they don't have their shirt.

No point in throwing a fit, its my own fault for not paying attention to the "Arrives on" date until right as I hit Submit. I took the overnight cause I was wanting it before this weekend, but as it will be in the 100's all weekend, something tells me I won't need it any way and can wait the week for it. And as I said, its $5, its not going to bankrupt me.

Thanks for the clarification though, I'll definitely have to remember that for the next time.

triplexcoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triplexcoast

I am super stoked to see the classical states of matter shirt back for this one! I missed out on it because I got paid the day after it got reckoned, and have been looking for it 2nd hand online in my size ever since.

This made my month!

jakencook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakencook

Total bummer. My "Dragonly Love" shirt is falling apart. I was really hoping to snag a replacement.

lahodges

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lahodges

I really want Dragonly Love on a regular tee. I don't want it on a tank. What's up, Woot? Why couldn't you offer it on some other options besides just the tank?

iuvae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iuvae

I'd love to see "I'm here to rescue... uh..." on a tank. I could wear it all summer, and where I live, that's about 75% of the year. But I may just get it anyway, if fits the budget. ^_^ (Oh, bills... I don't love you. Why must you stalk me so?)

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka

Excuse me? What about Villainous Velociraptor on a Velocipede? That was one of the awesome-est dino shirts ever! Maybe it was just so full of win that Woot didn't want to game the system?

liberryteacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liberryteacher

I'm with lahodges. I'd get Dragonly Love but only on a tee. Too bad. :o(

Alisonpv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alisonpv

No clockwork dinosaurs

chicken0102

quality posts: 41 Private Messages chicken0102

I just ordered another "I’m here to rescue… uh"...thanks for bringing that back. On the other hand, I wish there was a reprinting of the one with the stuffed dinosaur terrorizing the building block city.

Dragonfancy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragonfancy
xarous wrote:It's Kanji. It says Samurai & Sea Dragon.

Thanks! I was also wondering

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Help! I want a lightweight hoodie and don't know what size to order.

I'm 5'3'', 135lbs, 36.5'' chest, and 28.5'' waist. I would be happy with a hoodie that is:
a) tight in the arms as long as it's also tight in the chest and not too loose across the stomach (small?)
b) baggy/loose everywhere, including arms (medium?)

Do I have a better chance of the small being tight enough in the body or of the medium being loose enough in the arms? I don't have dainty girly arms, but I also can't beat you at arm wrestling.

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Uggh. Love the Dragon Nebula graphic, HATE that it's printed on a tank.