derekghs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekghs

Hmmm, let's see, food or 3 random shirts? Random shirts, I can always eat them if they don't amuse me.

tuftedpuffin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuftedpuffin

I bought 2, because I hate AA but like woot and really need more shirts (but am broke). Not feeling overly confident on the size though because AA shirts never seem to fit me quite right :/ At least this time I am aware they are AA unlike last time when I was still new and blindly dove in!

nocorvair2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocorvair2
cheet0 wrote:Noticed the question mark and saw random shirt on the woot! homepage and thought "That's cool, if it's for a good price", so I clicked.

As usual, the devil is in the details.




Alas, the Random Shirt Shirt (blurry question mark) is no longer available....

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
tuftedpuffin wrote:I bought 2, because I hate AA but like woot and really need more shirts (but am broke). Not feeling overly confident on the size though because AA shirts never seem to fit me quite right :/ At least this time I am aware they are AA unlike last time when I was still new and blindly dove in!



What is AA?


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

curli76


quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
trekmiss wrote:It's the best deal. 3 shirts for $19.98. Regular price for 3 shirts is $36. You also have better odds of getting a shirt you want. If you don't like what you get you have 3 shirts to trade, better odds that someone else will want what you have to trade.



I disagree. While it's the best deal PER SHIRT, it's still more money to buy three shirts. I have a glut of shirts, and I'm willing to take my chances with just one.

h4rm337


quality posts: 0 Private Messages h4rm337

Was waiting for this! in for 3 with a $5 coupon

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mibutterflywingz wrote:What is AA?



American Apparel.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dsaiz11


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11

Buying 3 Random Shirts is like getting the bag with a question mark- the anticipation is killing me and can't wait to find out what I got!

capnshiner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages capnshiner

In for 3. This is my first random shirt purchase and also my first shirt.Woot! purchase. Until now, I have only admired from a distance. It's hard to pass up with this price, though.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
inkycatz wrote:American Apparel.



Thank you. What's the difference everyone is talking about size wise between AA and Anvil? I have two tee shirts I bought. Is there a way I can tell if they are AA or Anvil?
Thank you!


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

benholt


quality posts: 1 Private Messages benholt

Random Shirt day, you are an evil temptress.


Mere Minutes later.....
Fine I could not resist the urge was too strong, Random road trip day is tons of fun kids, you get a surprise and usually a pretty fun shirt! (fingers crossed for a monkey shirt).

dsaiz11


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
mibutterflywingz wrote:Thank you. What's the difference everyone is talking about size wise between AA and Anvil? I have two tee shirts I bought. Is there a way I can tell if they are AA or Anvil?
Thank you!


AA is made in USA and Anvil is made in Honduras - the tag will say where its made in.

redcab


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcab

Are these just reckoned shirts or can they still be the 'safe' shirts? I have bought many shirts but have yet to do the 'random' thingy.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I just placed my very first mystery order! I got three but didn't get next day. I like sitting on edge waiting for them to come. I don't think I'll be disappointed as there are so many shirts I was too much of a wuss to buy.

Oh Woot! lords I can't stop thinking about and regretting not buying "When I Grow Up"! Please include one in my order so I may stop crying myself to sleep!
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/when-i-grow-up


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

fierytresses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses

This is my first random shirt purchase

wmaincmt


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

ack...I broke a rule and didn't select next day....I had it selected but just checked my order and it says "standard". Any help WOOT?

~W

It's like whoa!

svi12345


quality posts: 1 Private Messages svi12345

In for 1! I was kicking myself for missing the last randoms because I thought it was my last chance for women's AA shirts but I'm glad I've got another shot.

Actually, this is kind of poetic, I bought my first random shirt about a year ago so this is like a goodbye anniversary. Fingers crossed for a color I can actually wear...

wmaincmt


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt
wmaincmt wrote:ack...I broke a rule and didn't select next day....I had it selected but just checked my order and it says "standard". Any help WOOT?

~W



never mind found the link to customer service. Hopefully they can get me my shirts faster. This is my first Random buy so I'm too excited to wait. Can anyone share the "trade" message board?

It's like whoa!

nocorvair2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocorvair2
wmaincmt wrote:Can anyone share the "trade" message board?



Random Shirt Trade is under Community/World of Woot Shirts. It's getting a bit long, so it may get regenerated soon. Great place to peek at what has been offered/Traded from past Shirt.Woots!

EDIT - Oh, and don't forget to post feedback, or review... Trade Feedback

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mibutterflywingz wrote:I don't know the name but I WOULD DIE if I got the tee of a caterpillar holding leaves to look like a butterfly! Anyone know the name?

It's When I Grow Up printed in the Woot Plus "Editors' Choice" Woot Plus sale. From your username, I'm guessing that you like butterflies! In the last Random sale, there were a few shirts from the Woot Plus sales that showed up, but it's unusual because woot usually prints only the number of shirts that sold in the side sales. However, When I Grow Up printed on olive AA in women's sizes; it was the most recent shirt to print on olive AA and I'm pretty sure that olive is the last color that woot still has in women's blanks, so I suspect that they will "dump" the remaining women's olive AA blanks in this Random sale by printing something on olive and sending it out - either Kitchen Warfare or "When I Grow Up" are my guesses (I think Kitchen Warfare is more likely, because it's a simpler [one-color] print, so it's cheaper to print because it requires only one run through the printing machines), although it would be great to see Fresh Cake one more time. I'm just guessing that woot will do this, but they did something similar in the last Random sale: printed "Kitchen Warfare" to dump the olive men's AA blanks, "Sweet Dreams" for black men's AA blanks.... not sure if there were others.

In other words: it's possible but unlikely that "When I Grow Up" will appear in this batch of Randoms, so cross your fingers tight and keep your eyes peeled on this thread, the Trading Thread, and Teetrade. As it sounds like you really want it, you might even go on the offensive and post on the Trading Thread and TeeTrade that you're looking for one (specify what sizes you'd accept!). (Shirts will start arriving tomorrow, so posts in this thread and the Trading Thread will start tomorrow and ramp up on Thursday probably.)

It's really cute: I hope you find one!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

cash1634


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cash1634

My first time buying random shirts, I had to get 3!

Woot Woot!

Bacon of Canada! - 6/26/2012

tjcib


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjcib

The price of "666" makes me a little worried. I bet you my shirt will be red...

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

IFT. One for each person in the house. Let's see how that works out... =) (Hoping for AA across the board.)
*

the7654 wrote:There were 2 shirts I missed that I really want.
Anybody want to trade me an angry day shirt or a quite good shirt with a monkey on it?



I have a slightly used Angry Day in ML.(TRADED) What sizes are you looking for? Also, may want to check the Random Shirt Trade thread for more options.
*

landsnark wrote:THANK YOU--this should be a quality post.



Thanks. I agree!
*

ravenevar wrote:I'm confused... can someone explain what Anvil and AA are to a shirt.woot newbie?



AA = American Apparel. It means the blank shirts are made by American Apparel, a USA based company, with a slender cut and slightly softer feel to the shirt. Some people prefer this "hipster" style t-shirt to the other.

Anvil = the blanks are made in several places outside of the USA. The women's t-shirts are built much wider in the waist, bust and shoulders than AA. The men's cut has a wider neck-hole and longer sleeves than the AA.

You may want to read this and this for more information.

*
Pardon the wall-o-text. I didn't realize how long this was getting.

jlikesilver


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver

$6.66 Evil Woot! Tempting me out of money again!

miloo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages miloo

my It's SUMMER!
Hoping for something cool/aa.

Invisiblemoose


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
baboval wrote:Amusing, but also scary. I accidentally ordered a 2XL once, and it was HUGE (and I'm not exactly skinny). There are two sizes bigger than that! I think Andre the Giant would have taken a 3X...


They shrink massively in the dryer.

mouser882


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

I've only bought a random once before, and was disappointed in the shirt I received. Now, I don't even care, I'm just glad to be able to get some more shirts that are small enough to fit me! AA, yayyy!

ungratefulbiped


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ungratefulbiped

Wow! You know your stuff! I got Fresh Cake and the cool penguin on black last time in a kids 4. I bought 3 surprise kids 4 this time. We get so many compliments on the cake shirt and it's SUCH good quality. It really washes and wears better than a lot of kids clothes. What do we think will be in this batch? are the children's choices different than the adults?

neuropsychosocial wrote:It's When I Grow Up printed in the Woot Plus "Editors' Choice" Woot Plus sale. From your username, I'm guessing that you like butterflies! In the last Random sale, there were a few shirts from the Woot Plus sales that showed up, but it's unusual because woot usually prints only the number of shirts that sold in the side sales. However, When I Grow Up printed on olive AA in women's sizes; it was the most recent shirt to print on olive AA and I'm pretty sure that olive is the last color that woot still has in women's blanks, so I suspect that they will "dump" the remaining women's olive AA blanks in this Random sale by printing something on olive and sending it out - either Kitchen Warfare or "When I Grow Up" are my guesses (I think Kitchen Warfare is more likely, because it's a simpler [one-color] print, so it's cheaper to print because it requires only one run through the printing machines), although it would be great to see Fresh Cake one more time. I'm just guessing that woot will do this, but they did something similar in the last Random sale: printed "Kitchen Warfare" to dump the olive men's AA blanks, "Sweet Dreams" for black men's AA blanks.... not sure if there were others.

In other words: it's possible but unlikely that "When I Grow Up" will appear in this batch of Randoms, so cross your fingers tight and keep your eyes peeled on this thread, the Trading Thread, and Teetrade. As it sounds like you really want it, you might even go on the offensive and post on the Trading Thread and TeeTrade that you're looking for one (specify what sizes you'd accept!). (Shirts will start arriving tomorrow, so posts in this thread and the Trading Thread will start tomorrow and ramp up on Thursday probably.)

It's really cute: I hope you find one!



PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sedlie wrote:Never heard of random shirt, but it sounds intriguing. In for 3. Would someone explain what the hell I just did?

I hope I get something comical.



you made the best decision of your whole life, is what you did.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

safyrejet


quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I am also one of those women who far prefers the Anvil fit and has been spoiled by the nicer more comfy Anvils shirts in S and will likely never go back to the tight, thin, AA in L.

Also if there's a shirt I want, I'd rather just buy it during the week it's selling. If I missed a shirt, oh well. I don't like putting money down, even just $6 something a piece, on the chance I'll get something I won't even want. Especially since I really really really don't need more shirts. So I guess if never buying on random shirt day makes me a bad wooter, I'll forever be a pseudo-wooter.

cshellrr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cshellrr

So if I a order a guys shirt I won't get a butterfly shirt right?

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

For the ladies who have said that they prefer the Anvil shirts to the AA ones because of fit issues...I'm there with you! I tried the AA WL and WXL, and things just never fit right. I was so happy with the Anvil WL! Before the switch to Anvil I tried the AA MM and there was a bit more space at the top (I have a large chest, like a little too big to be regularly stocked at Victoria's Secret size) and the extra length was nice too. I'm not a fan of the "peek a boo, here's my tummy/back." So, ladies who prefer the Anvil shirts, if you want, give the men's sizes a try. I was so happy I did.

tippypaws


quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws
pureval wrote:Me: "Honey it is Random Shirt day on Woot!"

Her: "Yeah and next week will be a Woot Off and you'll want a Brigade of Campers"

Me: "I'd rather have the shirts I may not like than the Crap I probably won't get."

She wrote it down on the wipe board of stupid stuff I've said.



I need to get me one of these magical wipe boards of stupid sayings! Sadly, my quotes will probably be on there more often than SO's lol

tippypaws


quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws
aerc712 wrote:For the ladies who have said that they prefer the Anvil shirts to the AA ones because of fit issues...I'm there with you! I tried the AA WL and WXL, and things just never fit right. I was so happy with the Anvil WL! Before the switch to Anvil I tried the AA MM and there was a bit more space at the top (I have a large chest, like a little too big to be regularly stocked at Victoria's Secret size) and the extra length was nice too. I'm not a fan of the "peek a boo, here's my tummy/back." So, ladies who prefer the Anvil shirts, if you want, give the men's sizes a try. I was so happy I did.



Yep, I'm ordering men's mediums this time. They fit fine and they will trade better than women's sizes anyway. I did get one WXL just to try it and see if it was any better than WL. It's best to test these things when the shirts are only $6

mdillard9


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

Bought my 3 this morning and totally forgot to pay for the faster shipping! I always pay for the faster shipping on randoms it's one time when its definitely worth it. Messed that one up.

rcrosby7929


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcrosby7929

Went for 3 because I got 1 last time and had no clue what it was about. it was the "District 14" Taco shirt?

BoB

rcrosby7929


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcrosby7929
mdillard9 wrote:Bought my 3 this morning and totally forgot to pay for the faster shipping! I always pay for the faster shipping on randoms it's one time when its definitely worth it. Messed that one up.



Why is that?

BoB

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rcrosby7929 wrote:Went for 3 because I got 1 last time and had no clue what it was about. it was the "District 14" Taco shirt?


Hunger Games reference.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Sniperman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sniperman

i miss the days of when the randoms would be listed in the description so at least you would know if it was worth it to you or not, i cant buy totally blind.

teafie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teafie

As a girl who misses the AA blanks, should I take a chance on this and go in for 3 or buy one from the reckoning for $15 that I know I'll like....hmmm