Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

As you wish.

AAAAAAAS YYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU WIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSHHHHHHH

Great way to honor a classic movie.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

Way to go tjost! The latest derby entry ever to print on woot! Great work.

shelldav

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shelldav

A Woot! shirt that doesn't suck...the streak is broken!!!

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

Inigo montoya approves of this shirt, now prepare to die.

nathanlane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nathanlane
shelldav wrote:A Woot! shirt that doesn't suck...the streak is broken!!!

love the design, not a fan of anvil

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
collinvh wrote:Way to go tjost! The latest derby entry ever to print on woot! Great work.

INCONCEIVABLE!!! :D Congratulations tjost!! Meteroric rise indeed!

wpolyak

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wpolyak

Anybody want a peanut?

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Awesome design. I really wish I could buy it.

mommyrants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommyrants

I do not think that means what you think it means.

laurastudt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurastudt

I really want this.
Except it's in "slate" and that's grey and grey means plenty of opportunities for the pits to make their presence known.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Woooow, holy cow! And who says a late entry has no chance? Awesome!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Wow! To think you were hoping you might hit third place. Inconceivable!

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

I am the dread pirate Roberts! There will be no survivors unless you buy this shirt!

The dread pirate Roberts takes no survivors! All your worst nightmares are about to come true!

The dread pirate Roberts is here for your souls or $12!

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

Google translate had this to say about the latin write-up.
"The title is "Mammalia of Unusal Size" if you can not read Latin. But if you can not read in Latin to read what are you doing this. But there is no Latin? You Numbskull?

This shirt is the "Queen of the Bride". Combines several elements together, to humorous effect. That is how Shirt.Woot works, really. Sometimes it is "change Teenage Ninja Turtles", a "Super Mario Brothers". But the reason is the same.

Arms and the man I sing. It's one thing I know. I'm not singing at all. Arms are not involved. But man in the "Queen of the bride"! Leslie and Aeneas are similar. Buffeted by the vicissitudes of fortune, too. They are heterosexual."

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Hot dang, take that Travis, I took back my latest submission to print status from you

On a side note, I do not speak latin so I had to put the description into google translate and this is what it spit out-

"The title is "Mammalia of Unusal Size" if you can not read Latin. But if you can not read in Latin to read what are you doing this. But there is no Latin? You Numbskull? This shirt is the "Queen of the Bride". Combines several elements together, to humorous effect. That is how Shirt.Woot works, really. Sometimes it is "change Teenage Ninja Turtles", a "Super Mario Brothers". But the reason is the same. Arms and the man I sing. It's one thing I know. I'm not singing at all. Arms are not involved. But man in the "Queen of the bride"! Leslie and Aeneas are similar. Buffeted by the vicissitudes of fortune, too. They are heterosexual."

-
?????

Thanks again everyone. This shirt almost didn't happen. I had the idea Friday, did a rough Sunday and didn't finish it till the wee hours Monday. Yeah for procrastination!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
collinvh wrote:Way to go tjost! The latest derby entry ever to print on woot! Great work.

If you don't buy this shirt you are a jerk.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

mommyrants wrote:I do not think that means what you think it means.

This shirt would go great with blue jeans.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

thumperchick wrote:Inigo montoya approves of this shirt, now prepare to die.

You can stop me, all you have to do is buy.

I don't know.

mylucidity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylucidity
laurastudt wrote:I really want this.
Except it's in "slate" and that's grey and grey means plenty of opportunities for the pits to make their presence known.

Exactly. I'll only do black, navy, and dark grey. That rules out a lot of shirts I like. Not just for pit issues, for stains and general aesthetics.

Draithy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Draithy

It is inconceivable that this shirt means what you think it means. However, as you wish, I love it!

phlypp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phlypp

Another instance where I wish the shirts themselves didn't suck because I LOVE the design. Maybe they've improved, I haven't bought one in four years because the quality and fit were so poor. Oh, and I only buy shirts with pockets. If they're better than they used to be, I'd consider buying them as gifts for other people. My three daughters would each love one of these.

Be Here Now!

shojobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shojobe

"Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we all be dead. "
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
"Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

Favorite quote! And a great design! It sucks about the shirts actually being crappy but...... I am still going to have to get this one.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tjost wrote:Hot dang, take that Travis, I took back my latest submission to print status from you

Did I have some kind of record I didn't know about? And more importantly did I just lose some record I didn't know about?!!

Congrats on the late print! And a 1st place to boot. If it's a good shirt, the people can make it happen.

shdwsng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shdwsng
shojobe wrote:Favorite quote! And a great design! It sucks about the shirts actually being crappy but...... I am still going to have to get this one.

If they're crappy, then you must have gotten a bad batch from way back when. I've gotten five or six shirts from Woot in the past few months and they've all been well-constructed, well printed, and have held up to weekly wear and washing for at least four months now for the oldest one.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
nathanlane wrote:love the design, not a fan of anvil

For some reason, I thought of Anvil the movie, not the bad shirts :|

I love the design, but I can't bring myself to buy it because of the poor fit.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
tgentry wrote:Did I have some kind of record I didn't know about? And more importantly did I just lose some record I didn't know about?!!

Congrats on the late print! And a 1st place to boot. If it's a good shirt, the people can make it happen.

I had held it with the Binge for a bit submitting on a Monday afternoon, then several weeks later you subbed I Just Call it Housekeeping and took that title. I have now taken it back! I know it's hard to keep all that straight though when someone has had the vast multitude of prints that you have had

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

My favorite non-color again. I think there is a gray conspiracy going on over here at this wootin' thing.

crusader74

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crusader74

I'm not singing at all.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The only sentence in the write-up that actually makes sense is the line written by Virgil.

tjost, congratulations on the print, your reclaimed last-submission title, and all the sales that I'm sure will happen!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sinner3k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sinner3k

Not a huge fan of the gray color, but I didn't like it for the Cotton Armor shirt and I still bought that one.

Great design, I'll wear it with pride!

buntuscainte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buntuscainte

Awesome T-shirt, but any chance that the Heraldry could be put on the back instead of the front ?

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810

I LOVE "Binge" and now ADORE this even more.

I never post comments, but am curious as to whether or not tjost is single. ;-)

Inquiring minds among my group of female friends want to know if a lucky gal (or guy) has snagged such a talented hottie. LOL

tommyfrerking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyfrerking

Not happy with this design. Great quote, but the design has little to do with their love. Too "heraldy", not enough pirate action. Too classical for one of the ultimate dork cult classics of the century.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
tjost wrote:I had held it with the Binge for a bit submitting on a Monday afternoon, then several weeks later you subbed I Just Call it Housekeeping and took that title. I have now taken it back! I know it's hard to keep all that straight though when someone has had the vast multitude of prints that you have had

So, with the success of your previous late submission printing and this one being even later, do we have ourselves another 50k+ shirt here!? Maybe the first sell out since they upped the sell out quantities?

It seems pretty tough to make a shirt with either of those qualities now, but people do still keep buying Nevermore and The Binge! Someday(hopefully) there will be another one like these!

coriolanuskid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coriolanuskid
tjost wrote:
On a side note, I do not speak latin so I had to put the description into google translate and this is what it spit out-

"The title is "Mammalia of Unusal Size" if you can not read Latin. But if you can not read in Latin to read what are you doing this. But there is no Latin? You Numbskull? This shirt is the "Queen of the Bride". Combines several elements together, to humorous effect. That is how Shirt.Woot works, really. Sometimes it is "change Teenage Ninja Turtles", a "Super Mario Brothers". But the reason is the same. Arms and the man I sing. It's one thing I know. I'm not singing at all. Arms are not involved. But man in the "Queen of the bride"! Leslie and Aeneas are similar. Buffeted by the vicissitudes of fortune, too. They are heterosexual."

-
?????

My rough interpretation/best guess is:

If you can't read Latin, the title [of the shirt] is "Rodents of Unusual Size." But if you can't read Latin how are you reading this? But what numbskull doesn't know Latin anyway?

This shirt is of the "Princess Bride." It combines several elements to humorous effect. That's how Shirt.Woot works, really. Sometimes the subject is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," sometimes it's "Super Mario Bros" but the method is the same.

I sing of arms and a man**. That's the one thing I know from Latin. Except I'm not singing at all. Arms are not involved. But Westley of "Princess Bride" and Aeneas are kind of alike. [They're both] buffeted by vicissitudes of fortune and all that. They're both ladies' men.

**the "Aeneid" is a famous epic poem written [in Latin] by the poet Virgil. the oft-quoted opening line of the poem is "Arma virumque cano..." or "I sing of arms and a man" (ie, this is a story about a badass guy and his weapons). I'm thinking "Leslie" = "Westley" because...well there weren't any "W"s in Latin so maybe the English-to-Latin translation ended up changing Westley to Leslie. Maybe.

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca

Oh god, this is such an awesome design -- want! Anvil shirts kill it, though

juniperlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juniperlee

Murdered by pirates is good!

Great shirt for one of my all time favorite movies. As I am a small chick though, these shirts fit like sacks. Would love a poster, tote or anything besides this anvil shirt.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

You know, I see a lot of crest designs in the T-shirt world.

(You could say I've built up an immunity to crest designs over the years. Har har.)

But this one is executed so perfectly. Congratulations.

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor

A gorgeous design!