dfaris

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dfaris

Dear Woot t-shirt designers and derby voters : There's more to life than Princess Bride, Mario, Star Wars, and Dr. Who references. Maybe try next time to not be so friggin' predictably redundant. Thanks ever so much.

nepleptic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nepleptic

Its about time somebody made a shirt from THE BEST MOVIE EVER (The Princess Bride)

renatuslives

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renatuslives
laurastudt wrote:grey means plenty of opportunities for the pits to make their presence known.

Dare I say that they would then be known as the Pits of Despair?

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

GIFSoup

Me when I saw this shirt...

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

Great shirt!
I typed this post left-handed; it's the only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right...over too quickly.

dbmpsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbmpsd
nepleptic wrote:Its about time somebody made a shirt from THE BEST MOVIE EVER (The Princess Bride)

Just adding to my "The Princess Bride" collection of Woot shirts.

Inconceivabe

Poison

thearrowpen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thearrowpen

o_O I've never seen Google translate get Latin right before. I wonder if it was a fluke. (Assuming that inusitata magnitudine is an ablative of characteristic.)

Anyhow, love it! I know what movie I'll be watching tonight.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Impressive print for the humour, details and 1st place position. Not just any designer could fit a rodent of unusual size on a t-shirt and you managed two. Congratulations Tjost.

timmymac23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmymac23
renatuslives wrote:Dare I say that they would then be known as the Pits of Despair?

Well played! Had the same thought. A Princess Bride shirt on any color should be good.

Don't be a Humperdinck, buy this shirt.

[/comment]

helene23186

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helene23186

The Latin in the write-up made me smile a little. And cry a little. How hard would it have been to add a diminutive to regina? I couldn't figure out what queen had to do with anything. At least the shirt itself is totally verendum.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Tjost pulls off another late entry win! Will it do as well as his first? Time will tell, but I smell immediate success at the least!

Congrats!

LeaBlfd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeaBlfd

love this design!!! favorite movie ;)

leolutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leolutz

Google translates the Latin as "mice used to size"

sbaylus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbaylus

And now we need a shirt with The Giant Rat of Sumatra on it (or gigas mus de sumatra if you must)!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Nice art! Congrats T.

I had 800+ votes on a Tuesday sub once, but it wasn't quite enough to print. (it still burnsss)

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape

Great design as usual. I just can't get on board with the "let's just cram any/every reference from a cult movie onto a shirt" trend. It becomes an ISpy™ game of identifying the movie's elements. Sorry - not a fan.

darkure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkure

I want to buy this shirt, but the latin on it is wrong.

Mures inusitatae magnitudine would be, literally, mice unusual with respect to their size.

As someone with a degree in Latin, I can't wear this shirt in good conscience.

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

Can someone help me on T shirt sizes? I have one Woot shirt from the 2011 Monkey games. It's labeled a women's medium but the chest width measurement is 16". It's too small for me to wear, and according to the sizing chart, the women's medium is supposed to be 19". I'm not a big person and usually have no trouble fitting into a medium, even a slim one, but I'm hesitant to order a medium if it's not a full 19" wide.

722lad

darkure wrote:I want to buy this shirt, but the latin on it is wrong.

Mures inusitatae magnitudine would be, literally, mice unusual with respect to their size.

So what should it be? I have some experience with translating ancient languages, and I find the two phrases (rodents of unusual size/mice unusual with respect to their size) fairly synonymous. Translation is always an approximation, isn't it?

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I love the movie, and I did purchase Inconcievable despite the color, but I just can't do another gray shirt. Please, someone give us a Princess Bride shirt on a different color.

darkure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkure
722lad wrote:So what should it be? I have some experience with translating ancient languages, and I find the two phrases (rodents of unusual size/mice unusual with respect to their size) fairly synonymous. Translation is always an approximation, isn't it?

In my post, I provided the form with the proper pluralization.

kodiak1962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kodiak1962

LOVE IT! The 'mures inusitata magnitudine' highlighting ROUS's, Rodents of Unusual Size is so funny. Great shirt and great job.

wethesockmonkeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wethesockmonkeys

Vizzini: A shirt submitted this late, winning? Oh, that's inconceivable.

Inigo: You know, I don't think you really understand the meaning of the word. It was inconceivable for that other ship to catch up, but it did. It was impossible for this shirt to win the derby, but it did!

avelitaku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avelitaku
722lad wrote:Can someone help me on T shirt sizes? I have one Woot shirt from the 2011 Monkey games. It's labeled a women's medium but the chest width measurement is 16". It's too small for me to wear, and according to the sizing chart, the women's medium is supposed to be 19". I'm not a big person and usually have no trouble fitting into a medium, even a slim one, but I'm hesitant to order a medium if it's not a full 19" wide.

Woot has changed t-shirt providers since then, what used to be a women's large or extra large is closer to a women's medium now.

MedlibTX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MedlibTX
dfaris wrote:Dear Woot t-shirt designers and derby voters : There's more to life than Princess Bride, Mario, Star Wars, and Dr. Who references. Maybe try next time to not be so friggin' predictably redundant. Thanks ever so much.

Sorry - but when you consider the audience of woot!, what do you expect? Wooters are a generation of intelligent, twisted, wry, witty, and quirky people who often love The Princess Bride, Monty Python, and the video games with which we grew up (or are still being kids).

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt
buntuscainte wrote:Awesome T-shirt, but any chance that the Heraldry could be put on the back instead of the front ?

It's up to you which side of the shirt is the front, isn't it?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
darkure wrote:I want to buy this shirt, but the latin on it is wrong.

I disagree. Their size is unusual, so inusitata is modifying magnitudine, both abaltive feminine singular. There was some discussion about whether genitive would be more appropriate (i.e. inusitatae magnitudinis).

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
thearrowpen wrote:o_O I've never seen Google translate get Latin right before. I wonder if it was a fluke. (Assuming that inusitata magnitudine is an ablative of characteristic.)

Anyhow, love it! I know what movie I'll be watching tonight.

It was a group effort to get the Latin correct. Google Translate is notoriously horrible with Latin.

hmb3223

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hmb3223

You want me to think that you think that I think you think that you're not buying this shirt.

In for one.

Hit the stupidly large button over 130 times and counting - 3 time sucker for the Baggage of Crapola
  • World Famous Woots: Screaming Monkey with Blue, Purple & Orange Capes, plus Glow in the Dark Monkey with Red Cape

vbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbradford

What on earth does this mean?

veronica219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veronica219

I think I have to buy this shirt just because you are from Fresno!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
skinnychick810 wrote:I LOVE "Binge" and now ADORE this even more.

I never post comments, but am curious as to whether or not tjost is single. ;-)

Inquiring minds among my group of female friends want to know if a lucky gal (or guy) has snagged such a talented hottie. LOL

Wow, I'm blushing, thanks! Yes I've been happily married to my beautiful wife for 6 years now thanks for the inquiry though

JustinC197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
tjost wrote:Hot dang, take that Travis, I took back my latest submission to print status from you

On a side note, I do not speak latin so I had to put the description into google translate and this is what it spit out-

"The title is "Mammalia of Unusal Size" if you can not read Latin. But if you can not read in Latin to read what are you doing this. But there is no Latin? You Numbskull? This shirt is the "Queen of the Bride". Combines several elements together, to humorous effect. That is how Shirt.Woot works, really. Sometimes it is "change Teenage Ninja Turtles", a "Super Mario Brothers". But the reason is the same. Arms and the man I sing. It's one thing I know. I'm not singing at all. Arms are not involved. But man in the "Queen of the bride"! Leslie and Aeneas are similar. Buffeted by the vicissitudes of fortune, too. They are heterosexual."

-
?????

Thanks again everyone. This shirt almost didn't happen. I had the idea Friday, did a rough Sunday and didn't finish it till the wee hours Monday. Yeah for procrastination!

Google Translate for the win!

Velisque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Velisque

This shirt is so awesome.

eternalgreenknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eternalgreenknight

In for one! Can't wait to get it!

dcmilliken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcmilliken

better than being naked for many people

dcmilliken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcmilliken
JustinC197 wrote:Google Translate for the win!

translate and transcribe are different words

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 3.331s
First Sucker: Guybrush01
Last Wooter to Woot: viviantheodosia
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace: 0m 23.559s
Woots Sold: 4161

First day sales 4161

722lad

darkure wrote:In my post, I provided the form with the proper pluralization.

Oh. Thanks. I thought that you were saying that was on the shirt. (I didn't realize the shirt didn't have the e.)

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex

Thought I'd pop in to translate the description myself, because Latin is fun and because I am not a robot. Ahem.

"The title is "Rodents of Unusual Size" if it is not possible for you to read Latin. But if you can't read Latin, how are you reading this? Don't you (all) know Latin? Cretins!

This shirt is from "Princess Bride". It combines many elements together for humorous effect. Because that's how Shirt.Woot works, truthfully. Sometimes it is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", sometimes "Super Mario Brothers". But it is always the same reason.

Of arms and a man I sing. That is one thing I know of Latin. I am not singing inside. Nor are arms involved. But there is a man in "The Princess Bride"! Leslie and Aeneas are similar. They are beaten by different fortunes as well. They are heterosexual."

Well... interesting. Also, neither "cretins" nor "I'm" are Latin. And "heterosexual" has Greek roots. But I'm just being particular about my dead languages. I do like the shirt.