arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart

Thanks, L3g3ndQ!!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

YES! I'm totally on board with more positivity! Constructive criticism helps us get better, but being mean helps nobody's heart sing.

omarfeliciano wrote:Please be kind to other artists... they're human too, you know...

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Thank you to everyone who is voting! I've really enjoyed this week's Derby!

Re: Prehistoric Connectivity

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Abstract Connection

This is great!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

dannmatthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannmatthews
Re: Son of Ham.

I'm getting late ideas and I'm sad.

dannmatthews

dannmatthews wrote:I'm getting late ideas and I'm sad.

I hadn't realized someone had already entered this very idea into the derby. I need to scroll more frequently

dannmatthews

darthapo wrote:By request, The Son of Lolcat (french: Le Fils de l'Lolcat) detail image.

Enjoy!

Well done. I foolioshly didn't scroll through the entries before running off and making the same design. I dig your more painterly version a lot!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
collinvh wrote:Really love your design this week. I'm surprised it isn't doing better with the voters. Awesome concept and execution. GMV.

I think the thumbnail was poorly chosen. I didn't bother clicking through until I read your comment, then was glad I did, then sad again because few others have.

move along

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
Re: 404 resub

A cartoony tribute to Scott McCloud.

Resubbed with necessary changes. Let me know what you think!

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411

THROW BACK! very cool

Re: Robot Unicorn Nouveau

jtdubbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtdubbs
Re: ASCII Night

Classic! I think this design captures the idea behind this derby without resorting to flavor of the month/year memes to gather more votes. Plus, in my opinion, this one has the most universal appeal for a t-shirt, which is what this is all about.

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
artguyaaron wrote:nice design

Thanks, artguyaaron.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
autsey wrote:YES! I'm totally on board with more positivity! Constructive criticism helps us get better, but being mean helps nobody's heart sing.

agreed

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Chicago Starry Night

Woah, there are so many things wrong with this. You should re-read the rules.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66

not a bad design but in my opinion a horrible choice of colors your gonna have trouble seeing this on a green shirt. i would suggest submitting a version on cream color with the design in a black/charcoal color to give it more of an old sketch look. just my opinion.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
autsey wrote:YES! I'm totally on board with more positivity! Constructive criticism helps us get better, but being mean helps nobody's heart sing.

<3 I love this post so much.

kristinc1229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinc1229
Re: ASCII Night

This design is awesome- I love a few other designs this week- but I think this is my top choice so far! Id definitely but it! Would live it on a tote bag too!

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
Re: CvaeNyan

Thanks for the support and votes everyone. I even got some nice comments from people who aren't huge NyanCat fans and that was awesome :D
If this makes it to printing I will personally high five everyone I see wearing it, you guys are great :D

xkke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xkke
Re: Robot Unicorn Nouveau

who knew a game about a unicorn could be so hard? /ashamed

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
Re: CvaeNyan

Aw just fell out of the fog
Still a few more days though perhaps I can rally more support :D
If not it was an honour to have held out up there with such great artists as long as I did.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
kristinc1229 wrote:This design is awesome- I love a few other designs this week- but I think this is my top choice so far! Id definitely but it! Would live it on a tote bag too!

thanks

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly

Excellent work!

z3nirrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z3nirrelevant
Re: Speedy Night

I'd totally buy this, I love blue, and I love cats

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the rejection on this entry, but I understand woot's concern. I decided I wasn't done with this entry yet, and even though there probably isn't enough time for it to make it back to the top, I wanted to get this little guy back in there again after having spent so long on it. I thought it would be cute to have the cat riding a poptart like a magic carpet across the sky. Hope you guys like the outcome, and please don't mind the tongue-in-cheek title :P

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Loved the original, was disappointed to see it rejected, and couldn't help buy hope you would re-do this! So, thank you, and good luck 'riding' to the top again!

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Thank you for leaving the text off.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
ancientguru wrote:or see here instead: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/nyans-dream

You know, much newer, placed in the derby, got printed?

Yes, but that picture is just of a cat on a rainbow pillow with pop-tarts. it's not the character itself. Big difference.

curlycue9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlycue9

A Toulouse-Lautrec inspired rendition of the the veritable chipmunk on Youtube. Hope you like

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Unicorn Nouveau V2

Thanks to all who voted before.. hopefully this one won't get rejected too! And for any of you unsure of the reference, here is a link to the awesome game Robot Unicorn Attack:

http://www.boredville.com/34066/Robot-Unicorn-Attack-Game

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Re: Abstract Connection

I like the idea a lot. I wish the design was a little bit smaller though. It seems to me that the design is screaming "hey everyone, look at my belly! Look at my belly!". Additionally, it may creat the illusion that a woman is expecting, which is a big no no. (unless she actual is).

Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I love the design, BUT....No I do not sunburn to wear a shirt that the design emphasizes my belly or may have people think I am trying to show off a baby bump. and No I am not pregnant.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness
Re: Surreal Dream

This is really cool and the art style follows the rules but it needs and internet history connection...

kristinc1229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinc1229

I hope this makes it back to the top. I said it on the original, and ill say it again..I would definitely buy it!

makingdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makingdigital
dannmatthews wrote:I hadn't realized someone had already entered this very idea into the derby. I need to scroll more frequently

Yeah I had the same idea, didn't have time to submit mine, I'm glad I checked it had been done :S

rinibird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rinibird
Re: The Mrowr

Adorable, I love the interpretation of this piece!

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Internet's Most Wanted

It's sad that this design appears to be too intelligent to fog.

[sarcasm]If only it involved a poptart cat. [/sarcasm.]

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
CVBrennan wrote:I generally think this is an over done theme but i really like your angle. +1

thanks, glad could see past that

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Internet Art History
Artfires wrote:Any one of the individual parts of this shirt could have been a winner on their own. Together=EPIC

Thanks. I did consider submitting 12 shirt designs but really wanted to convey the Art History for those who appreciate it.

omarfeliciano wrote:Wow, you really worked hard on this. Very nice job!

Trust another artist to pick up on that omarfeliciano. I originally planned for 20 images but space and lack of sleep conspired against me.

danananan wrote:This one is understandable at a glance. Awesome!

I'm glad you think so. It's hard to represent it well in the shirt comp, which is why I added the link for a detailed view.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and votes.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Sleep of Reason Produces Memes

Such a clever integration of the memes into this memorable Goya print and your drawing is great. Should be getting more love, but all I can offer is one vote.

sarafleenor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarafleenor

smatzke wrote:I like the idea a lot. I wish the design was a little bit smaller though. It seems to me that the design is screaming "hey everyone, look at my belly! Look at my belly!". Additionally, it may creat the illusion that a woman is expecting, which is a big no no. (unless she actual is).

Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I love the design, BUT....No I do not sunburn to wear a shirt that the design emphasizes my belly or may have people think I am trying to show off a baby bump. and No I am not pregnant.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this comment. The circle would be pretty high up so I can't really see how it could be mistaken for a pregnancy, of all things.

Nice design. +1