Re: Epic Fail

Hope you like this one Please vote.

sonnybunny55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonnybunny55

Hmm...

sonnybunny55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonnybunny55
Re: bitmap rise

Beautiful work as always, Kharma. I really love your style.

odeteka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odeteka
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

Love this! Love it so much I'm writing my first comment on it Would definitely buy and wear this (probably would have to buy one for my daughter too).

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Mrowr

A neat intersection of your's and Munch's styles. All with just one colour too. +1

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Golden Age

I really like the extra level of aged authenticity that the halftones add to the line drawing. Very nice work Radscoolian.

pquijal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pquijal
artguyaaron wrote:thanks for the comments, this is not actually done in ASCII. I digitally "painted" the image in solid colors and then reduced it down over a page of 0's and 1's (i thought binary would be appropriate) to make the completed image, I hope people and the moderators realize this is more than just a text image. thanks for all the votes and comments

Ah, that's why it's pseudo-ASCII art. Thanks for the explaination; I was wondering how you did it.

slimjim0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slimjim0

Re: NSFW

slimjim0 wrote:This shirt also screams, "Hey employer, I may not be the best person to have around the office."

This is my first time posting a shirt design and noticed my pic is not that visible compared to others. If you view the image and zoom in, you can see more detail and get a better idea for the shirt!

nico402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nico402
ramyb wrote:Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the rejection on this entry, but I understand woot's concern. I decided I wasn't done with this entry yet, and even though there probably isn't enough time for it to make it back to the top, I wanted to get this little guy back in there again after having spent so long on it. I thought it would be cute to have the cat riding a poptart like a magic carpet across the sky. Hope you guys like the outcome, and please don't mind the tongue-in-cheek title :P

I really like this shirt, if it makes it to the top, I'll get it for sure!

I really hope it makes it!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Cubist Invader

Not sure how it fits the "internet" part, but I Love it. Awesome textures!

librarylady61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages librarylady61

On instructions of my cat, a queen of good taste,I am NOT voting for a single stupid "haz cheeseburger" shirt.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
wolfgaidin wrote:It's sad that this design appears to be too intelligent to fog.

[sarcasm]If only it involved a poptart cat. [/sarcasm.]

Thanks Wolfgaidin

I thought of doing a poptart cat WITH worms.... but I figured it would be taking the joke too far.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
killifish wrote:Ahhh! They're Worms!

Yes, three of the internet's most wanted worms.... or should I say LEAST wanted.

gijoe317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gijoe317
Re: The Explorer

I should have done this at home ... work pc is sooo out dated =(

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Goldwave wrote:Plays off one of the most famous images in the history of art.

Yea, that's not what the derby says though. The contest is the history of the internet in a historical art style. Sorry to be a pooper. You're not the only one.

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:Yea, that's not what the derby says though. The contest is the history of the internet in a historical art style. Sorry to be a pooper. You're not the only one.

Nothing against your art. I like it. I like the concept. I like the execution. Just frustrating.

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:Yea, that's not what the derby says though. The contest is the history of the internet in a historical art style. Sorry to be a pooper. You're not the only one.

Nothing against your art. I like it. I like the concept. I like the execution. Just frustrating.

misodiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misodiva

Needs more votes. I want this shirt so bad

nellb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellb123
smatzke wrote:I like the idea a lot. I wish the design was a little bit smaller though. It seems to me that the design is screaming "hey everyone, look at my belly! Look at my belly!". Additionally, it may creat the illusion that a woman is expecting, which is a big no no. (unless she actual is).

Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I love the design, BUT....No I do not sunburn to wear a shirt that the design emphasizes my belly or may have people think I am trying to show off a baby bump. and No I am not pregnant.

That's the first thing I thought of too, it needs to be positioned up higher. It really would look much better.

nell-on-wheels

paxdomino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paxdomino

From Rembrandt, Anatomy Lesson

Re: Anatomy of a MMORPG

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
lilsquiggle wrote:You need to have bought a woot.shirt at some point on your account

Actually, you just need to make a purchase from any of the woot sites.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin

Really cool!

Re: Anatomy of a MMORPG

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
sonnybunny55 wrote:Beautiful work as always, Kharma. I really love your style.

thanks a lot Sonny :-))

fotohippi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fotohippi
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

I really don't understand why Woot rejected this shirt. Any idea? However, I'm glad to see it back at the top of the list.This might be my favorite Woot shirt ever. I'd buy 3 to have backups.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: ASCII Night

This text-based design has every bit the graphical component that shirts like Nevermore, etc. had. Shouldn't have any worries here.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: 56K

Amazing!!! Great work.

dijay

Re: The Mrowr

Hahaha... Brilliant :D

dijay

Re: The Creation of Nerd

Amazing details. I love it!

musicmasta1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musicmasta1
Re: Relay

Love this design a lot! Very relevant, and the design is definitely something I would wear. Meaning is not needed to love the design, either :D

ogdogg3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ogdogg3
dannmatthews wrote:Based on:
http://www.propagandaposters.us/watching.jpg

I WANT this shirt! Great idea Dan

VOTE PEOPLE!!!!! HE IS WATCHING YOU!!!!!

oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
lilsquiggle wrote:Whilst I think this is a beautiful image, and I can see the work that has gone into it, Im sorry to admit that I can't see the connection to the internet in any way

Agreed. This has something to do with the internet HOW? Seriously kid gloves on the rejectionator this week.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
cdrewlow wrote:It's nice to see a little Keith Haring in this derby.

Agreed! I was so surprised no one else had a Haring design in there.

oubliette

I can not, in good conscience, pander to the cult of lolcat or churn out mario brothers, zelda, star wars chibi ad nauseum. I fear that this is the audience here, that this is no forum for art. I was not so keenly aware as I am today, as I see guidelines blurred or broken by contestants regularly. Often votes, seem to gravitate to the banal and mundane or to shirts I simply can not see myself or anyone wearing before they shortly end up on a Goodwill bargain rack with old NASCAR shirts.

There are some artists here. In the philosophical sense, all of the submissions are art, but judgement of them is a personal matter. As to what wins, some weeks i am horrified and some designs really do shine though, it is rare that I see people voting for the truly great designs or anything innovative or new and sadly I do not feel I connect with people of this era. Everything (ironically given this week's contest) in the internet age if typified by a culture seeking comfort and sameness. No desire to be truly unique or to break molds but to be accepted, a sense of fear pervades it all and it smacks of cowardice.

The mosquitoic and empty is raised up on high, lauded and intellectualism and wisdom is cast away, reviled, mainly because it offends the ignorant.

And yes, they're only t-shirts, I can hear the outcry now. I was never one to bend to public opinion, it has never done much for me.

Love,
-Oubliette

oubliette

beware1984 wrote:Agreed! I was so surprised no one else had a Haring design in there.

I think mainly because we got sick of seeing it everywhere (walls, billboards, sidewalks, galleries) in New york back in the 80's. You can only see squiggly people walking sharp edged dogs or babies on leashes so many times before you realize he was only famous because he was used as a political prop for the anti-apartheid movement. Nothing worse than seeing art used to support a political agenda. Just look at Shepard Fairey...

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
oubliette wrote:I can not, in good conscience, pander to the cult of lolcat or churn out mario brothers, zelda, star wars chibi ad nauseum. I fear that this is the audience here, that this is no forum for art. I was not so keenly aware as I am today, as I see guidelines blurred or broken by contestants regularly. Often votes, seem to gravitate to the banal and mundane or to shirts I simply can not see myself or anyone wearing before they shortly end up on a Goodwill bargain rack with old NASCAR shirts.

There are some artists here. In the philosophical sense, all of the submissions are art, but judgement of them is a personal matter. As to what wins, some weeks i am horrified and some designs really do shine though, it is rare that I see people voting for the truly great designs or anything innovative or new and sadly I do not feel I connect with people of this era. Everything (ironically given this week's contest) in the internet age if typified by a culture seeking comfort and sameness. No desire to be truly unique or to break molds but to be accepted, a sense of fear pervades it all and it smacks of cowardice.

The mosquitoic and empty is raised up on high, lauded and intellectualism and wisdom is cast away, reviled, mainly because it offends the ignorant.

And yes, they're only t-shirts, I can hear the outcry now. I was never one to bend to public opinion, it has never done much for me.

Love,
-Oubliette

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
fotohippi wrote:I really don't understand why Woot rejected this shirt. Any idea? However, I'm glad to see it back at the top of the list.This might be my favorite Woot shirt ever. I'd buy 3 to have backups.

They said it was too close to the original character. See here for a past ruling on a nyan cat parody, and scroll down halfway to read Bassanimation's comment too. Hopefully that will clear it up for you.
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/55196/neon-neon-neon-neon-neon-neon

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
oubliette wrote:I can not, in good conscience, pander to the cult of lolcat or churn out mario brothers, zelda, star wars chibi ad nauseum. I fear that this is the audience here, that this is no forum for art.

I find that hugely ironic, considering you are pandering to the cult of world-of-warcraft-gone-internet-meme Leroy Jenkins. On the other hand, that doesn't bother me so much, and you did a great job adapting it to Lichtenstein's style... oh wait, that's not original either... And then there's the interesting note that at the time of Lichtenstein and Warhol, Mondrian, etc, there was a huge number of people who argued that what they didn't shouldn't be considered "art" either.

My point is that all of us artists take inspiration from all sorts of places. Some weeks we have beautiful painterly masterpieces, and other times it's a time for parody. The nature of the tshirt business is to create quick-appeal wearable art, and memes and other popular works are of course quick appeal. But usually the crappy attempts are parody are weeded out at least.

EDIT: I have to admit that I am not surprised to see this as a topic for the derby, it's about time to let all the submissions blow off some pent-up internet meme steam. Get it out of their system and move on to a different and hopefully interesting topic next week.