harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: The Creation of Nerd

You can consider it as a Renaissance sculpture by Michelangelo for example, and based on a painting by the same author so it belongs to a historical style of art.: D

logicdreamer314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicdreamer314
Re: Epic Fail

I am rather dismayed to see that this has gotten votes. It is very unfeeling to make fun of a person with a mental disorder. The FAIL meme is best reserved for drunk people who are out to win themselves a Darwin Award. Plus, it makes sense in the context of the derby, but it is going to be hard to explain it to someone on the street (and they would probably just be disgusted and unamused once they got it).

zortfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zortfish
harzack wrote:You can consider it as a Renaissance sculpture by Michelangelo for example, and based on a painting by the same author so it belongs to a historical style of art.: D

But... but... but... I thought Michelangelo was a Renaissance artist and an early Mannerist. I didn't know he worked in Illustrator. Now I'll have to rewrite my dissertation.

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn
Re: Internet Art History

All right! This shirt is a marvel, & I too can think of 4,000 people I'd want to give this shirt to. Please let this one print, O Woot Goddess. Please!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
logicdreamer314 wrote:I am rather dismayed to see that this has gotten votes. It is very unfeeling to make fun of a person with a mental disorder. The FAIL meme is best reserved for drunk people who are out to win themselves a Darwin Award. Plus, it makes sense in the context of the derby, but it is going to be hard to explain it to someone on the street (and they would probably just be disgusted and unamused once they got it).

Get off of your politically correct high horse.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot
Re: Op Art /Look of Disapproval

Ow. Can Woot even print this?

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
oubliette wrote:[lots of text was here]

Love,
-Oubliette

I just want to note that there were far more memes in the top only until people made artistic ones that weren't meme specific. The memes got votes fast but not wholly as many votes as the nonmeme entries. There are only two memes in the top now the rest were slowly pushed out as the other entries came in.

harzack

Hahahaha, ok can consider a kind of Renaissance painting. Perhaps the derby is more focused on painting styles of the 20th century, but did not see any restriction on older styles. I would have done more faithful and colorful but believe me that time is an important factor in the derby. Still think the gray scale is not too bad.

harzack

It could also be a ten find graffiti painted on a wall in your city, in fact the style is not very definite but I think that basically does not matter much: D

cube151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cube151
Re: Dial Up

Love it! Hope to wear one soon! As always, nice work Kevlar!

rattieonwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rattieonwheels
bassanimation wrote:I wanted this one soooo much. ;_;. Woot, please HM it so it can have another chance! <3

Seconded! I want this one too... it hits me three ways - rodents, art, and "child of the eighties!"

cestlavie14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cestlavie14
Re: Fox Nouveau

Firefox + Mucha-esque = awesome.

megan1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megan1978
Re: ASCII Night

Holy crap. VERY well done!

trumpitrockz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpitrockz
lilsquiggle wrote:Whilst I think this is a beautiful image, and I can see the work that has gone into it, Im sorry to admit that I can't see the connection to the internet in any way

Waaay more to do with the Internet than i.e. all of those cats hazzing chzburgrs and honey badger references!! Such a fundamental aspect of the development of internet form and function rather than some fleeting pop content. This was part of making Internet art possible!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Relay

Love the colors and design and the navy blue shirt! So glad it's reached and stayed in the fog.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
Re: Hamsterdance!

Outdoor Mulch For Gardening squeeeeeeee!!!!!

imperpay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imperpay

Um... Seems familiar...
Sorry.

thevikingartist

imperpay wrote:Um... Seems familiar...
Sorry.

Oh wow that is similar, but 4 years between similar designs is probably ok ;p

kyooeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyooeh
ramyb wrote:saved

Reminds me of Firefox o_o

faulk223160

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faulk223160

This derby fails hard, most of the "top" designs are incredibly siesta...

echanstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echanstar
Re: A Series

I want this SO MUCH. Awesome!!

faulk223160

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faulk223160
faulk223160 wrote:This derby fails hard, most of the "top" designs are incredibly siesta...

The heck? You can't say "l a m e" on woot?

Also this design should be so much higher!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

super cute,love the leggings haha

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
oubliette wrote:Agreed. This has something to do with the internet HOW? Seriously kid gloves on the rejectionator this week.

1 - i already explained and gave the reference , if you don't get it what can i do?
2 - when i was 20 internet was not existing and i saw it coming to life and masses.You should consider that your history of internet is not same as mine.
3 - you don't agree with this work , and it is ok for me, but you are not obliged to be rude or agressive

kharmazero

trumpitrockz wrote:Waaay more to do with the Internet than i.e. all of those cats hazzing chzburgrs and honey badger references!! Such a fundamental aspect of the development of internet form and function rather than some fleeting pop content. This was part of making Internet art possible!

thanks a lot ;-))))

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

logging in to vote for this - w -. It would only be better on purple! Make purple shirt blanks woot ; D. I love this shirt and I am in for one : D I like the new concept as well as the old one too : ). Thanks ramy!

kharmazero

Re: Internet Art History

this work is so clever and nicely done, it should be upper

kharmazero

Re: Abstract Connection

it's an awesome work, unfortunately the thumb doesn't give a good idea of it, too bad

booky1312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booky1312

Love the design!

booky1312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booky1312

Amazing shirt - love the design!

thevikingartist

Re: CvaeNyan

Displaced by Ramyb's resubmission, don't think I'll be getting back into the fog at this point. It was a good run though, there was enough support that I'll definitely look into other printing options once I get rights back.

valasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valasia
kylemittskus wrote:Get off of your politically correct high horse.

No.

harzack

imperpay wrote:Um... Seems familiar...
Sorry.

I never had seen before, in fact four years ago did not even know that existed this page. Also in this derby is a design with the same concept but did not see it until I uploaded mine. It is a recurring idea with which they have done many things. Some better and some worse.

nburriss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nburriss
Re: Kitteh Nouveau

If this prints, I'll have to buy 3. This is just gorgeous and I know people who need it.

leonAzul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonAzul

Well done!

It does capture the connection between those two eras of cynical optimism.

tailsjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tailsjedi
Re: Fox Nouveau

Very nice! I wanna has!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Across the Starry Night: A study in nude

Thank you guys for coming out to support this design again! I know it's still a long shot, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway

elosben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elosben

I love this, even though I honestly don't get all of them...

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
harzack wrote:You can consider it as a Renaissance sculpture by Michelangelo for example, and based on a painting by the same author so it belongs to a historical style of art.: D

AhHAAAH!! Good point! I see it completely different now. Thank you! Btw, it WOULD look cool with some graffiti splashed across the marble. LOVE!!

milligirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milligirl
Re: The Mrowr

Love the design, but that shirt color may be a deal-breaker for me. :-(