+ Add a Comment

ctatum97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctatum97
ramyb wrote:saved

how do i vote for shirts?

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
ctatum97 wrote:how do i vote for shirts?

You have to have purchased at least one "woot", then you can vote. There will be a voting button on top left of the picture which says "I want one"

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Re: YA RLY!

Well, noone else had given him any love, so I felt the need to put something together.

Also, this is my first ever derby entry (eeeep, play nice kids ;) ). Advice, critiques and suggestions for future reference are very welcome

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Re: Hamsterdance!

Yay! I was hoping for a hamster dance reference! God, I could watch that stupid thing for literally seconds... Then have the song stuck in my head for days. In fact, off it goes in my brain.

mutantninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantninja
mutantninja wrote:Thanks. Not my best work, but I wanted to get it in quicker than by saturday morning this time around. I was kinda surprised Nyan Cat made an appearance on here! No, wait.. I wasn't.

Hey oubliette, I realize this is late. And pretty much irrelevant by now, but you asked how the "Leonardo" submission I did was related to the internet.. It was a meme involving Leonardo DiCaprio. I misunderstood that part of your comment earlier. Thought people would get it, but guess the joke fell flat. Oh well, they can't all be zingers, right?

Here's a link to what I'm talkin about if you're interested to check it out.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/strutting-leo-leo-strut

lilsquiggle

Re: Across the Starry Night

Congrats on this piece. Gotta say its my absolute fav of the derby. Just love the way you've managed to get Nyancat settled so neatly into the style of the painting.

quincyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quincyn
Re: Across the Starry Night

I thought Nyan Cat is a copyrighted character (even tho the artist has chosen not to press claims against YouTube)?

zooliea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zooliea
quincyn wrote:I thought Nyan Cat is a copyrighted character (even tho the artist has chosen not to press claims against YouTube)?

Yup: see here for woot's own ruling on it.

splib513

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splib513
Re: ASCII Night

nice design mate!

lonelypond

quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Creation of Nerd

like the style

lonelypond

Re: Warhol Can Haz Cheeseburger

this shirt makes me fonder of Warhol

lonelypond

Re: Stick Figure Sumi-e (Creme)

excellent + amusing; love brush painting

lonelypond

Re: origins

fun

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Quite nice

writermist

Re: YA RLY!

Love the eyes but the beak needs some work. other than that it's a great shirt

writermist

ssfoos94 wrote:Horrible.

Geez... you don't have to be a troll about it.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

very sweet but please refer to rules

sweetaddietude

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

There is nothing correct about this idea.

sweetaddietude

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
thewronggrape wrote:Wait WHAT? The Woot womens shirt are scoop neck now? Is this true?

No.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
Re: Fox Nouveau

Great work and use of art nouveau. One of the BEST entries this week. You kept the style of the firefox logo intact as well as using art nouveau without a female subject. Excellent job!

littlemike27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlemike27
andihansen wrote:very sweet but please refer to rules

Tbh, I wasn't sure if these vids/ images were copyrighted, but I figured I'd try and hope it didn't get rejected. Lol.

First shirt.woot submission!

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
Re: 404

A cartoony tribute to Scott McCloud.

savly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savly

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64668/vitruvian-kitteh

My second derby entry ever. Any tips and/or criticism?

lilsquiggle

writermist wrote:Love the eyes but the beak needs some work. other than that it's a great shirt

Yeah, the beak caused me some issues. Its actually a pretty weird shape in the original photo, I tried to define it a bit more obviously, but still keep the pose, guess it didnt quite work out ^_^

aneira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aneira

Yes. Just Yes.

ign0tus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ign0tus
Re: Fifteen Minutes of Viral Fame

Snake! Snake! Snake!
A classic, but a lot of people likely won't get it as it's a little dated I believe.

lilsquiggle

Re: Fox Nouveau

Whilst I feel the fox is maybe overly plain around the body, I love the tail and I absolutely adore the colour choices for this shirt. Its eye catching, yet not quite contrasting enough to clash. Lovely example of the nouveau style, though got to agree with a previous comment that perhaps a little more time on the foxes body would have brought this from a strong submission to a stunningly awesome submission. Saying that, you are in the fog, so clearly most do not agree with me ^_^

lilsquiggle

lilsquiggle wrote:Yeah, the beak caused me some issues. Its actually a pretty weird shape in the original photo, I tried to define it a bit more obviously, but still keep the pose, guess it didnt quite work out ^_^

Looking at it further now, I think I needed to get the red the whole way across to force a break between the top and bottom beak. Probably would have made it clearer. Ho hum, you live and learn. Never thought my first entry would go far anyway. Just think its good practice and it gets me drawing again ^_^

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Re: Vitruvian Kitteh

I love this... SO HARD.

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf

Finally!! Some good late entries! Now let's get this into the fog and displace the bullsh** up there now.

curlycue9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlycue9

Why do people keep submitting off-topic entries every derby?

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
oubliette wrote:Not an historical art style. Le Sigh...

Um, yes. Yes it is. Relief carving/sculpture. Look it up. Followed more of an artistic style than half the entries this week. Le, sigh...

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
curlycue9 wrote:Why do people keep submitting off-topic entries every derby?

Agreed. Many entries not following an artistic style. Reaching I guess. Where's the "Rejectionator" this week. Vacation?

lilsquiggle

mapinto wrote:Agreed. Many entries not following an artistic style. Reaching I guess. Where's the "Rejectionator" this week. Vacation?

Indeed, I had thought the same. My original design didn't follow the derby subject. It was merely a cartoony take on the creation of adam. Someone pointed it out in the other derby thread and I head desked and never bothered to submit it XD Im not generally stupid, but it does show that it is quite easy to read the derby, go away for inspiration and then forget the exact wording that you are meant to be following.

None the less, I am surprised that the rejectonator is absent so far. Theres certainly a few definites needing a reject and I think a several others that are borderline.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: The Golden Age

*lol*
Reminds me of Amazon Women on the Moon :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5dVBezF9k

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
littlemike27 wrote:Tbh, I wasn't sure if these vids/ images were copyrighted, but I figured I'd try and hope it didn't get rejected. Lol.

First shirt.woot submission!

It's not the copyright what will get you rejected, it's the use of photographs. It is not allowed on shirt.woot.

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate
Re: Internet's Most Wanted

I have to post, because the deal was that I wasn't just going to vote for your design unless I liked it. Let me just say...I really like this. First because it isn't a stupid cat, second because I like shirts on cranberry, and third I have dealt with worms and as much as I hate them I would totally wear this shirt!

lilsquiggle

orabbit wrote:This will be rejected. It's not a shirt color Woot offers.

Indeed. I also highly suspect the Fallout 3 thumbs up guy is massively copyrighted

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: bitmap rise

a tribute to my first computer,to the first bitmap drawings with a " Fauve" art reference.3 colors on black