WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

And here it is, Shirt.Wooters. We've had a fun few weeks looking over all your Woot Shirt in the Wild photos, but our birthday is here and it's time to bid adieu with one last celebration of brand loyalty! Here are the winners from this, our final week of submissions:

Best Pair of Artichokes: Py McSmoogieface

Py McSmoogieface is holding a pair of lovely artichokes
Wow. We've always found artichokes to be the most sensual of the thistle family.

Best Demonstration of Woot Shirt's Comfortability: Vuthy Thorn

Vuthy Thorn shows us just how much more comfortable our shirts are
For added comfort, give them a thick coating of dog hair.

Most Dedication to the Cause: katekintail

A Novel Idea
Kate set up her very own album of Woot Shirt pics, saving us the trouble.

Craziest Cat Lady: Amanda Hart

Amanda Hart's cats match this shirt
Looks like it actually wasn't too hard to herd them.

And Our Largest (unverified) Shirt.Woot Collection to Date: Narfcake

Narfcake shows off his SUPPOSEDLY 500 shirts
Congrats, Narfcake! We're sending you a batch of our newest shirts, which are made in China and cost 10x more than the originals.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Sweet! Craziest Cat Lady! I love it! Yes, those are/were all my cats. I currently have 6 in the house, one is not pictured in this lot, and of those pictured one passed on three years ago, and another my friend took. But, thank you for the title of Craziest Cat Lady, I've been working on becoming a crazy cat lady!

And, holy cow @narfcake! That is one sweet collection!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

OH that's just cruel! (I still laughed ...)

In the flickr pool is also a pic of the (IMHO) worst Woot shirt ever printed. Offensive Robot, hailing back from beta.shirt.woot.

Now, for "Name That Shirt" ... #1 to #500.

kalira

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kalira
Narfcake wrote:Now, for "Name That Shirt" ... #1 to #500.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Let's see... in the third cubby from the top, left side, the red shirt (in the top half) that's not sticking out to the left is Apathy Coalition. There's also one in the far left column almost halfway up from the bottom. 1/3 of the way from the top in that column is a Sliced Bread. Lifetime Achievement Award in the second column, 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. Reflections on Pi just below the curve in the rightmost tall column, and another about 12 shirts above it. About 9 from the bottom of that column is a Donut Panic!, a few above that is (I think) a The Cheese is a Liederkranz, right above that is Shelf Life. Several above that is another Shelf Life, with an Illiterate Rainbow two above it.

Three(?) Unstealthiest Ninjas (the original) in the second cubby from the top, left column, at the bottom of the cubby (there might be a few U.N.2s on top of them). In the bottom cubby, left column, third(?) from the bottom is Thesaurus, with what I think is Unstealthiest Ninja 2 above it. Top of that column in that cubby is 1982: Thriller. In the right column in that cubby, 6th shirt from bottom looks like Be What You Want, and there's a Viral Kawaii at the top of that column. Aaaaaand second cubby from bottom, right column, 1/3 of the way down is a "Special" Delivery, just like your prize, apparently.

20ish down, only 480ish to go!

And I promise to stop now, 'cause good grief I sound pathetic right now (apparently I miss the Name that Shirt game and just can't stop naming them once I see them). Anyway, congrats on the win, Narfcake! Couldn't have happened to a shirtier guy!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

For those of you taking the narf challenge, this is the biggest Flickr will let the photo be if that helps.

Narf- I'll email you next week, I'll get you something acceptable.

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw

@Narfcake your closet has been declared "EPICALLY AWESOME" by the resident 12 year old. When he grows up, he hopes his closet looks just like yours!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Narfcake wrote:OH that's just cruel! (I still laughed ...)

In the flickr pool is also a pic of the (IMHO) worst Woot shirt ever printed. Offensive Robot, hailing back from beta.shirt.woot.

Now, for "Name That Shirt" ... #1 to #500.

Narf, I love you man and whole heartedly thank you for all the support you've given my shirts, but...... I think we may need to seriously start considering an intervention o_O

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
tjost wrote:Narf, I love you man and whole heartedly thank you for all the support you've given my shirts, but...... I think we may need to seriously start considering an intervention o_O

Start considering? The intervention should have been months ago!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
4khaos wrote:Start considering? The intervention should have been months ago!

It was. They dropped an Anvil on his head and he stopped buying Woot shirts.

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Remember, that picture - frighteningly enough - is only Narfcake's woot shirts; it doesn't include any shirts from GoodJoe or Threadless or DBH or...

Interventions only work if the individual in question sees that his/her behavior and thoughts are problematic and (most importantly) has hit rock-bottom and can see the negative consequences/losses that have resulted from the problematic behavior/thoughts, which provides the motivation to climb back out.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

Looks like the intervention Narf needed was the switch to Anvil!

This was woot's evil plan all along, sometimes the best of friends and family really trick you into these interventions!

I love the comment woot made about it too, even they know he's stopped buying shirts!

Now, the challenge for woot... send him some great quality/great fitting anvil shirts to get him back on the woot shirt buying train again!

Narf, there's 500 shirts there? Wow, think of how much money that is to woot...(at least $5000!)

Still think you can't wear all those shirts and should still support the prints and artists as usual, even if you don't like the fit, since you have SO MANY shirts that do fit to choose from.

Looks like I'm trying to thwart the intervention here, but how can you stop someone who clearly loves woot shirts from continuing to buy them!? (other than switching to anvil of course)

ETA: It looks like you caved and bought at least 2 Unstealthiest Ninja 3's already! Aha!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Maybe Narfcake's behavior/thoughts/emotions about t-shirts are healthy; maybe they're not. No one can know from the outside (although Narf has made some comments on the forums that caused me to be somewhat concerned) - and it's entirely possible that Narfcake himself doesn't really know. It's not fair for any of us to play psychologist when we don't really know him, but I think it is fair that some of us have expressed concern, especially since it's come from people with long histories of interacting with Narfcake who have also expressed their care and respect for him.

The real point I want to make is this: I'd like Narfcake to know that he's respected within this community not for his quantity of shirts, but for his knowledge, his willingness to share that knowledge, his support of the artists, and for the generally respectful way in which he treats both artists and community members. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for Narfcake, but not because he owns a lot of shirts (I find that frightening, actually), but because of the characteristics that he demonstrates around here that indicate who he is as a person.

ETA: It looks like you caved and bought at least 2 Unstealthiest Ninja 3's already! Aha!

Both were gifts - and one is actually an AA tank. (I asked Narfcake recently whether he'd deliberately bought any shirts on Anvil and he said no/explained about the UnNinjaIII gifts.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
neuropsychosocial wrote:
The real point I want to make is this: I'd like Narfcake to know that he's respected within this community not for his quantity of shirts, but for his knowledge, his willingness to share that knowledge, his support of the artists, and for the generally respectful way in which he treats both artists and community members. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for Narfcake, but not because he owns a lot of shirts (I find that frightening, actually), but because of the characteristics that he demonstrates around here that indicate who he is as a person.

Agreed! Except I don't find the collection frightening.

Lots of people collect different things....dolls, movies, figurines, old toys, etc. and they take great care of, and pride in, their collections. Narfcake collects T-shirts. Absolutely nothing at all wrong with that.

Congratulations Narfcake! Awesome collection!

07/11/14

Narfcake

kalira wrote:Three(?) Unstealthiest Ninjas (the original) in the second cubby from the top, left column, at the bottom of the cubby (there might be a few U.N.2s on top of them)....

Six, actually - three of which are in wear rotation.

neuropsychosocial wrote:Remember, that picture - frighteningly enough - is only Narfcake's woot shirts; it doesn't include any shirts from GoodJoe or Threadless or DBH or...

... Tilteed, or Teefury. Or shirts from non-artist-sourced places.

renegadetim wrote:I love the comment woot made about it too, even they know he's stopped buying shirts!

Of course they'd noticed. The sales have dropped since the switch!

renegadetim wrote:Still think you can't wear all those shirts ...

Much like Vuthy's dog, my dog loves my shirts too ... only she tends to use it for a napkin. So on a given day, I'd go through at least two shirts. Some days, she's extra slobbery; I changed six times in one day the other week.

caramelarrow wrote:... Absolutely nothing at all wrong with that.

It is when you let the said collection take over one's life.

The changeover was a blessing in disguise. It really has gone too far ... and in the coming months, I will be whittling down my collection.

baybei

@narfcake: You're what?! Seriously? You're going to whittle down your collection? What are you planning on doing with them?

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
Narfcake wrote:and in the coming months, I will be whittling down my collection.

Narf, if you're in a cooler climate, pick some of your favorite tertiary level back ups and send them to me - I'll make you a scarf. <3 :D

Narfcake

baybei wrote:@narfcake: You're what?! Seriously? You're going to whittle down your collection? What are you planning on doing with them?

Selling/trading some of them, especially the ones that are no longer my size.

ladybugb wrote:Narf, if you're in a cooler climate, pick some of your favorite tertiary level back ups and send them to me - I'll make you a scarf. <3 :D

Thanks for the offer. I do live in SoCal, though; even in the winter time, it can be shorts/t-shirt weather.

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

Wow Narfcake! Is that a whole Dooomcat section?? I'm guessing you must have a clear sorting system too.

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt

I bow to Narf's collection. I do wonder how many unique shirts you have though, not just doubles (triples, quads, etc).

- mtn3pitt -

baybei

Narf, when you do sell/trade them, keep me in mind. I am actually planning on making a shirt.woot blanket (probably throw sized), and some pillows. This could work in my favor, lol!~

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

That was really fun. Thanks everybody for the cool pics. I really enjoyed them all.