rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

About a month ago someone started a thread (which I can't seem to find) about a derby design that went up for sale on a daily site well before the 60 days were up.

I don't intend to name names or stir up anything, but I just noticed another one tonight and this got me thinking. Has anyone contacted woot to request the return of their design before the 60 days are up? Or do the few designers I've noticed doing this just figure there aren't any repercussions for breaking the terms? I skimmed them again just out of curiosity and there doesn't seem to be any penalties written down other than probably shooting yourself in the foot on the off chance that woot decided they'd want to run your design after the derby ended.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with the hold because I know what I'm agreeing to, but there have certainly been times 30 days in that I would have loved to start shopping a design around if I knew I could have just asked someone nicely...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Midgerock confirmed that rejected/removed or just removed within 24 hours gets a pass on the 60 day, regardless of what the T&C state, but he did ask Barbara directly vs. Just running with it. ColinLepper's design on ShirtPunch today was rejected due to copyright concerns, so he may have gotten a pass since woot couldn't run it at all.

Bottom line, seek permission, not forgiveness.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

Makes sense. This is more or less how I understood things. Although I know Woot likes to throw curveballs like when patrickspens' had a rejected design then received an honorable mention.