5%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

In your face Internet Explorer! Lets see somebody make a cool shirt using only a blue e.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

It's firefox, I get that, but what am I missing? Or is this just one of those being pretty just for the sake of being pretty shirts.

ladeuxiemeetoile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladeuxiemeetoile

Vulpix evolving into Ninetails!!!

~ladeuxiemeetoile

ladeuxiemeetoile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladeuxiemeetoile
CowboyDann wrote:It's firefox, I get that, but what am I missing? Or is this just one of those being pretty just for the sake of being pretty shirts.

It's done in the Art Nouveau style which is inspired by natural forms, especially in plant life.

Think Guimard's Metro entrances in Paris.

~ladeuxiemeetoile

EvilCoatrack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilCoatrack
CowboyDann wrote:It's firefox, I get that, but what am I missing? Or is this just one of those being pretty just for the sake of being pretty shirts.

The derby was about internet through art history, so it looks to be a Firefox piece done in the Art Nouveau style.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Thrilled to see this print! Voted for it and everything. Stayed up waiting to see what was first...and yay, managed to get first sucker!!!

Life IS good!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

"Bio text"

Quite the bio, I guess we all know all there is to know about Ramyb.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
TheGolux wrote:"Bio text"

Yeah, pretty much. Although, it might just be me, but I feel like the artist write up stuff hasn't been as lengthy or polished as it has in the past. Not trying to knock whoever is doing the writing, just that it seems a bit off lately/not quite as good as it could be.

Anywho, I never quite got the whole Internet Explorer vs. Firefox rivalry thing that goes on around the internet. Some one care to enlighten me? Or is this just one of those hipster memes?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Thanks Everyone, who responded. I don't always follow the derby week to week. It's a real pretty shirt anyways.

scrabblefish

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scrabblefish

"Don't wear this shirt: in Redmond."

Thanks for the warning but I lived on the Bellevue side of the street!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
bluejester wrote:
Anywho, I never quite got the whole Internet Explorer vs. Firefox rivalry thing that goes on around the internet. Some one care to enlighten me? Or is this just one of those hipster memes?

IE is notoriously awful. From a web design point of view, you always have to include ridiculous workarounds in your code to accommodate IE (at least older versions). It's known for rendering pages differently than most other browsers. Firefox came along with lots of sexy plugins and bells and whistles, and didn't break the internet, so people welcomed it.

Now, IE 9 is pretty slick if you ask me, and I find Firefox kind of clunky. I'm an Opera man myself.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TheGolux wrote:"Bio text"

Awwww heck. Y'all have seen Ramy's bios so much, you can probably write it yourself.

I sent in a note to the writer. It'll be tomorrow after they wake up though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

So what, is there nothing left to say about ramyb? Has he been all bio-ed out?

I dropped IE for Firefox loooooong time ago. Have since dropped Firefox for chrome. Sorry Firefox. Don't know what happened but you got clunky. Still, I love the foxy character. I'm really digging how ramyb made the tail look all glowy.

lonelypond

quality posts: 415 Private Messages lonelypond

Bright. Bit grim on the write up.

Vote:

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

OH WHY OH WHY OH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY must you taunt me with your Anvil shirts of horribleness?

This is adorable. Throw it on a hoodie someday (a real hoodie please, not the lightweight ones) and I will be right there buying one.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

Did someone tell the writer if he didn't press every key on his keyboard repeatedly that his computer was rigged to explode?

urocyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urocyon

Had to be done.

--
Forgive me, Vixy. I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz

move along

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
j5 wrote:jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz

I can't be the only one who clicked on your text to see if you had been woot-fitlered.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:I can't be the only one who clicked on your text to see if you had been woot-fitlered.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

faulk223160

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faulk223160

How does Ramyb always win? Some of his(?) stuff is cute but frankly it all ends up looking the same.

I guess designing for the voters is key, not creating decent art...

marcwolscho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcwolscho

"free shipping" costs $5

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron
bluejester wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Although, it might just be me, but I feel like the artist write up stuff hasn't been as lengthy or polished as it has in the past. Not trying to knock whoever is doing the writing, just that it seems a bit off lately/not quite as good as it could be.

Well, considering there are...7 different tabs on the Woot pages now, and with deals being updated daily for the most part (assuming no repeats if they offer the same product another day), can make for quite a busy day.

Not that I have any true inkling about the creative process, but some people can be instantaneous, others have to put forth effort.

Kinda like trying to do the Simpsons Whiteboard each day, though.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

It's amazing how the use of whites can make a color look as if it's glowing. I wonder if it looks that good in print.

davywally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davywally
baybei wrote:Thrilled to see this print! Voted for it and everything. Stayed up waiting to see what was first...and yay, managed to get first sucker!!!

Life IS good!

The quick brown fox bought a t-shirt. ;)

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
skatimmy737 wrote:It's amazing how the use of whites can make a color look as if it's glowing. I wonder if it looks that good in print.

That's always fascinated me, too. From cartoons to art like this shirt, how the glow affect is achieved is just neat.

I remember when I left IE for FireFox. I feel bad because I'm a Chromepuff now, too, and I LOVE IT, but FireFox finally got people to think maybe they didn't HAVE to have IE, and also got IE to get its act together. It did a good thing.

Good design, ramyb.

K9itty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K9itty

Before I click on the shirt it looked like the fox was howling at the moon.

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer

I found the write-up for this one to be uncharacteristically moving. It's not just based on a movie I haven't seen, is it?

mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden

Im getting this, because even tho I now use chrome, Firefox will always have a place in my heart. I hope someday it becomes awesome again!

Thanks Ramyb for the cool design. Btw to everyone else, Ramyb is a girl...

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz

New job: Fix Mr. Gluck's hazy TV, PDQ!

(each letter is used exactly once!)

enjis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjis

Did Ramyb also do the black phoenix design shirt? I loved that shirt, and I love this one too!

DionysusJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DionysusJr
ladeuxiemeetoile wrote:It's done in the Art Nouveau style which is inspired by natural forms, especially in plant life.

Think Guimard's Metro entrances in Paris.

Also, Firefox is poised for a comeback.

Dozer11

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dozer11

Really pretty shirt, but I haven't used Firefox in ages!

ybnormal03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ybnormal03

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_quick_brown_fox_jumps_over_the_lazy_dog

aulm27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aulm27
faulk223160 wrote:How does Ramyb always win? Some of his(?) stuff is cute but frankly it all ends up looking the same.

I think this is unfair. I mean the goal here is to make money by designing shirts that people want to buy. There is a lot of fun in the submissions, but the actual purpose is to win the derby so that you make some money.

How is it bad for ramyb to make things to that will accrue votes? It's not as if s/he is ignoring the derby guidelines to pander. I think that this particular item could not be more perfectly fitted to the derby it was submitted.

I know ramyb art when I see it b/c s/he has a style. How can you fault a graphic artist for having a style?

Criticizing for unoriginal ideas is one thing. It's been covered in the past with some merit, but this comment is just silliness.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Meh, as usual I would have preferred quite a few of the other designs out there.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
faulk223160 wrote:How does Ramyb always win? Some of his(?) stuff is cute but frankly it all ends up looking the same.

It's very simple, to find success in the Derby, simply take whatever the theme, and put some cartoonish animal in it. The design often doesn't even need to reference the theme if the animal is adorable enough,and voila! Instant top 3 finish.

It's like watching that Portlandia sketch "put a bird on it!". Just replace "bird" with "cartoony animal".

fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes

holy crap, what an ugly design.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

IN general, making something people will by is perferable when attempting to sell something.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."